Fallout: Commonwealth - Interactive Story (Fan Fiction)

edited February 2015 in Forum Games

Welcome to the Commonwealth

• Name:
  • Race:
  • Appearance:
  • Occupation/Faction:
  • Personality:
  • Backstory:

Table of Contents:

Act 1:

Chapter 1: Stone Cold Science

Introduced:

Unknown:

Deceased:

Waiting to be Introduced: Dr. Eamon, Victoria Lachlan, Dr. Felix, Dr. Wilson Mcharris, Robert Weston/Moses, Bill Trautman, Stephanie Madison, Joe Williams, John Billings, Austin Downing, Desmond Jackinson, Anubis, Mike McCoy, Zaphaeus Venual, George Lottmann, Kevin White, Ben Archer, Wolfius

Comments

• edited November 2014

Introduction

The Great War was an all-out nuclear war that happened on October 23, 2077. nuclear weapons were launched by United States and China against each other. It lasted for approximately two hours.

Before the Great War giant underground nuclear shelters were created by Vault-Tec to protect the American population from nuclear holocaust. However…The government, and Vault-Tec, never believed an actual nuclear war would occur. The real reason for the Vaults was to run social experiments on segments of the population to see how they react to the stresses of isolation, and many other tests, just hearing about them would make your skin crawl… Most were failures.

The Institute was originally known as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) After the Great War, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology survived, but became known to the people of the wasteland as a secretive organization known only as the Institute. Allegedly, it is currently located within the Commonwealth. The Institute possesses highly advanced technology and technological skills, resulting in the creation of true artificial intelligence, and are capable of creating androids.

The Railroad is modeled after the "Underground Railroad", an organization in America in the nineteenth century who dedicated themselves to helping African-American slaves escape from slavery. Their mission is the rescue and salvation of synthetic humanoids, androids. As well in aiding and assisting runaway human slaves.

The Androids have tried to escape the Institute. Since androids are state of the art technology and are designed to resemble an actual human in as many ways as possible, even bleeding is simulated, they can be hard to track-down and capture. These androids, have fake skin and blood, and are programmed to simulate behaviors, such as sleeping and breathing. They can even eat and digest food realistically. The androids created in the Commonwealth have no rights, and are viewed as nothing more than machines, and they are often used as slaves. Any android that attempts to escape is hunted down.

The Synth Retention Bureau was created to specialize in capturing runaway androids. They have even made androids specifically to be Synth Retention Bureau operatives.

You are a part of The Synth Retention Bureau, you have been given the job of finding and capturing a escaped android, this android Is somewhere in Commonwealth and you will have to find it. The Commonwealth is full of all kinds of trouble, beware. Once you find the escaped android you are to return to the Institute.

End of the Introduction (Hopefully this explained everything you needed know about the story)

Click here

(I know it isn't 50's music, but it's really fitting...)

• [removed]

Clemenem posted: »

YES FINALLY. Forget Borderlands this had way more potential.

• YES FINALLY. Forget Borderlands this had way more potential.

• Opinion=Biased

YES!

Having an opinion is biased?

• No 50's music? THERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE 50'S MUSIC!

WDVFUERVTRBUGTRHGJ9VGTRV9BHTBVH8ITR9BTRHBTR9BTR095TR

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Introduction The Great War was an all-out nuclear war that happened on October 23, 2077. nuclear weapons were launched by United States a

• Opinion=Biased

YES!

• Having an opinion is biased?

• Opinion=Biased

YES!

• I know...But the song fits so well with the story I'm planning...

bloop posted: »

No 50's music? THERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE 50'S MUSIC! WDVFUERVTRBUGTRHGJ9VGTRV9BHTBVH8ITR9BTRHBTR9BTR095TR

• This is for both of you, please don't have any arguments here. ;-;

Opinion=Biased YES!

• Sorry No hope, they shouldn't have not been spouting a opinion on a thread not about their opinion.

This is for both of you, please don't have any arguments here. ;-;

• If there are arguments, things might get Salty And I might have to Break things up

This is for both of you, please don't have any arguments here. ;-;

• It's okay, i just don't want things to get out of hand.

Sorry No hope, they shouldn't have not been spouting a opinion on a thread not about their opinion.

• BTW I'll make a character soon, I'm planning them out.

It's okay, i just don't want things to get out of hand.

• Sounds good. :)

BTW I'll make a character soon, I'm planning them out.

• edited November 2014

What type of story are writing, is it gonna be like a comic book, or what exactly?

• edited November 2014

I will be writing kind of like this... And it isn't a comic book.

Action/Description.

Character: Bah bah bah

And i might try...

"Hmm..." The random guy said with a deep voice, then action/Description.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

What type of story are writing, is it gonna be like a comic book, or what exactly?

• Name: Bill Trautman

Race: Human? Um Caucasian (I don't know that much about Fallout)

Appearance: Buzz Cut, Muscular,about 6 foot

Personality: Cold, His wife and children were killed so he's out for revenge, does not trust others easily, Protective

• Thank you so much! :D

Saltlick123 posted: »

Name: Bill Trautman Age: 38 Gender: Male Race: Human? Um Caucasian (I don't know that much about Fallout) Appearance: Buzz Cut,

• edited November 2014

Name: Eamon

Race: Human

Appearance: Small appears trustworthy and innocent yet deep down is deceitful wears a suit always looks like his important in some manner by his appearance to trick people

Personality: Split personality can be nice or a psycho killer out of no where, funny, smart, fit, precise, determined and deadly

• Thank you! :D

Markd4547 posted: »

Name: Eamon Age: 28 Gender: Male Race: Human Appearance: Small appears trustworthy and innocent yet deep down is deceitful wears

• Name: Colonel Austin Downing

Race: Human/ Asian

Appearance: Former Raider reformed into an Enclave member. He's a tough muscular war man who believes in fairness.

Personality: Even though he's Autumn's replacement he is kind and courteous and non corrupted by his power and now without the threat of Eden he can have the Enclave do some good. Being a former Raider he sometimes lets his anger get the better of him

Thank you!

• edited November 2014

Thanks for submitting! :D

BTW, i wanted to make sure your okay with me charging him a bit, there's a few things the break the Fallout lore, one being he can't be Autumn's replacement, the next best thing is to have him be former Enclave. Is that okay?

Name: Colonel Austin Downing Age: 33 Gender: Male Race: Human/ Asian Appearance: Former Raider reformed into an Enclave member.

• Yeah I understand.

Thanks for submitting! BTW, i wanted to make sure your okay with me charging him a bit, there's a few things the break the Fallout lore,

• Thank you for understanding.

Yeah I understand.

• Thanks for the character! :D

mr.quality posted: »

Felix Age: 27 Race: human Appearance: 6'5'', green eyes. Personality: kind and caring, is willing to risk his life for what he belives in.

• Felix

Race: human

Appearance: 6'5'', green eyes.

Personality: kind and caring, is willing to risk his life for what he belives in.

• Name: Desmond Jackinson

Race: Human Caucasian

Appearance: Tall, green eyes, Looks like Rhys but without augmented eye or arm, has all his body parts, wears a black suit all the time with a yellow tie, slick hair like Rhys, wears black sunglasses.

Occupation/Faction: Fraction less, He works for who he needs to to survive.

Personality: Nice, Smart, Strong of will, Charismatic, Willing to be ruthless to survive.

Backstory: Born in the wastelands, found a empty vault, he lived in it. He set up a information business and ran the area as a broker. He sold information far and wide, became very respectable. No one wanted to hurt him, not even bandits. Anyone that is a threat, he will take out.

• edited November 2014

So, here is mine. I hope he is not too extreme. Could I maybe submit another character later?

Name: Robert Weston/„Moses“

Race: Ghoul

Appearance: Moses looks like a typical ghoul, with rotten skin and few remaining strains of short, brown hair. He is very tall and muscular for a ghoul. Since his appearance tends to frighten people, Moses usually wears covering clothes: An old brown duster, a bandana, combined with a headscarf, gloves, long, brown jeans. This gives him the look of an undead, post apocalyptic cowboy. He also owns a set of riot gear, which he wears when he is on a mission. Underneath his sleeves, he hides the highly visible scars of a previous suicide attempt. His weapon of choice is a sniper rifle, but he also owns a trusty revolver.

Faction: The Railroad

Personality: Moses has a deep hatred against any kind of slavery and has dedicated his life to fight slavers and save those in need. Rarely does he ever say anything even remotely nice, instead prefering cynical comments and (self-)mocking humour. His deeds however are telling a completely different story. He acts completely selfless and even though he is always grumpy, he never hesitates to help the helpless. He has little patience with evil people though and usually prefers to kill them with brutal force. When someone proves himself to be reliable, capable and well-intentioned, Moses forms a grudging respect that he would never admit to. Since his body isn't exactly in best condition and it can't get much worse for him, he is a chain-smoker, but he abhors any drugs that might form an even more dangerous addiction. His greatest fear is becoming feral, even though his mind is still in a very good condition

Backstory: Moses, born as Robert Weston, lived his early live as part of a travelling caravan. One day, when he was 20 years old, he and his caravan were attacked by Great Khans. The Khans slaughtered his family and most his people, taking the survivors with them and intending to sell them as slaves. Due to a large amount of hostile Raiders in the area where they traveled, the Khans were forced to travel a new way back to their camp, unknowing that they were about to pass an area with deadly high radiation levels. When they noticed, it was already too late. The Khans and their prisoners died horribly, with Moses being the only survivor, alive but ghoulified. At first, he was understandably horrified by what he became and tried to commit suicide. His attempt failed, leaving him in agonizing pain for weeks, with open wound on his forearms. He finally decided that he does not want to die and began looting the radiated area. In one house he found a copy of the bible, which he read. Though he found most of it to be hilarious, he was inspired by the story of Moses, who lead a whole nation to freedom. Of course, the biblical Moses had the help of a god, but the ghoul Moses decided that he does not need a god to free people. He took the name of the biblical Moses as his own and started his new life. Due to his experience with the Khan slavers, he developed a deep hatred against slavery and decided, he would spend his long life to do good and kill those who do evil. That was over sixty years ago. During these times, Moses became a deadly fighter, mainly because his actual combat experience is far higher than that of any other non-ghoulified resident of the Commonwealth. Today, Moses wanders the Commonwealth on his own, working as a loose member of the Railroad. There are quite some tales about a tall stranger with a raspy voice, whose clothes cover his whole body and who helps those in need before vanishing again, never asking for a reward, a stranger who calls himself Moses...

• Thanks! Berry good character! >:D

Name: Desmond Jackinson Age: 28 Gender: Male Race: Human Caucasian Appearance: Tall, green eyes, Looks like Rhys but without aug

• I hate you. :P

Thanks! Berry good character! >:D

• Amazing character!!! :D

Everyone can submitted as many characters as they want.

So, here is mine. I hope he is not too extreme. Could I maybe submit another character later? Name: Robert Weston/„Moses“ Age: 84 G

• Berry good. >:P

I hate you. :P

• Name:Anubis

Race:Ghoul

Description:6'2" White Eyes with a Black and piercing Iris. A rotting corpse of a man that wears a modified business suit with harnesses for weapons and armor. He wears a pair of dark sunglasses he also struggles to retain a rotting and falling apart beard and slicked back black hair.

Minor Faction: The P.I.'s of the Commonwealth

Personality: Intelligent, Brooding, Serious, A man with Conviction, Tries to lighten the mood... not very good at comedy. Not fond of calling humans smoothskins. Secretly envies being human.

Backstory: Born on the Eve of the Great War, Anubis was born with a name he does not know. Upon evacuation to the local Vault his family were involved in a crash, his family was killed upon impact. As the missiles dropped the radiation was just enough to only Ghoulify him and provide him with enough nourishment to survive until a pack of wild dogs found and raised him in a abandoned Graveyard. The bodies he exhumed their during his childhood led him to believe all of his kind looked like him but later on after hunting with his pack he had found billboards and realized he was but a mutant during these hunting trips he also developed superior detective skills. Eventually he left the pack and adventured on his own and was enthralled with stories of the Old World and found the story of the Egyptian god Anubis. His origins were eerily similar to Anubis' so he adopted the name. He met with others who had similar skills and intentions and founded the P.I.'s of the Commonwealth he still attempts to uncover the greatest mystery of all... who he was.

P.S. Apologies for writing so much I like to think of myself as a shitty writer. Hope the story goes well and loved the song I based some of my characters backstory on some of the lyrics.

• edited November 2014

Awesome character, could you explain the P.I.s of the Commonwealth a little more?

Churned posted: »

Name:Anubis Age:200 Gender:Male Race:Ghoul Description:6'2" White Eyes with a Black and piercing Iris. A rotting corpse of a man

• I would also like to say that he lives in a vault and that's where his base is. He is protected by all kinds of people, bandits and mercs and anyone.

Berry good. >:P

• Sounds good. :)

I would also like to say that he lives in a vault and that's where his base is. He is protected by all kinds of people, bandits and mercs and anyone.

• Yeah they're a group of Private Investigators who can be hired by anyone in the wasteland to hunt down anything. They will hunt down anything from the smallest insignificance to something of great danger if the pay is good enough. They often meddle in the affairs of larger factions for they are famous for always getting their mark. Their code is simple whatever gets the job done. The group is famous for having men of many methods that often cause divides among members and result in splinter groups. These groups may have a nobler and stricter code or some who are no better than bandits fighting under a guise.

Awesome character, could you explain the P.I.s of the Commonwealth a little more?

• I really like that character Information Broker characters are badass.

Name: Desmond Jackinson Age: 28 Gender: Male Race: Human Caucasian Appearance: Tall, green eyes, Looks like Rhys but without aug

• Awesome! I'll make sure to included that in the story.

Churned posted: »

Yeah they're a group of Private Investigators who can be hired by anyone in the wasteland to hunt down anything. They will hunt down anythin

Sign in to comment in this discussion.