Fallout: Commonwealth - Interactive Story (Fan Fiction)

Comments

• Another Ghoul character that's badass.

So, here is mine. I hope he is not too extreme. Could I maybe submit another character later? Name: Robert Weston/„Moses“ Age: 84 G

• Thanks, and yes they are, They are like a chaotic neutral character.

Churned posted: »

I really like that character Information Broker characters are badass.

• Name: Stephanie Madison. Age: 25. Gender: Female. Race: Human. Apperance: black long heddle hair , blue eyes , caucasian , 5,1 feet tall. Faction: The Railroad. Personality: Brave , Smart , Agressive , Helpful. Backstory: She is the daughter of the boss of The Railroad

• Thanks for the character superagig! :D

supersagig posted: »

Name: Stephanie Madison. Age: 25. Gender: Female. Race: Human. Apperance: black long heddle hair , blue eyes , caucasian , 5,1 feet tall. Fa

• Name: Victoria Lachlan

Race: Human

Appearance: Victoria is a short and slim young woman with olive skin and light green eyes. She has black hair which she keeps short. She is also very athletic. Usually, she wears a reinforced leather armor. She has numerous scars on her back.

Personality: Victoria is a jovial, flirty, outgoing and sneaky young woman. She loves to play tricks on other people and rarely seems to be serious about anything. She does not like authority and is very disrespectful to anyone, but still works for the Institute since they pay her well. Still, even Institute members aren't safe from being pranked by her, often accompanied by her cheerful giggling. Victoria tends to get along well with humorous people, but does not like serious and humourless people. She is very open-minded and has no prejudices against any non-humans. She also likes to see herself as tough and ruthless, probably more ruthless than she really is. If she is payed for something, she does exactly what she is payed for, no extras. Even though her frivolous nature seemingly gets into the way when she has hard mercenary work to do, she always gets the job done. There are a few cases in which she refuses to finish her mission, however: She would never hurt a friend, she would never hurt a child under any circumstances and she would never commit needless acts of violence. She is deeply loyal to her friends and would do anything for them. She is also a very good friend who listens to her friends problems, tries to console them and she can be very understanding and surprisingly caring for a friend in need. Deep down, she is a very thoughtful woman, who is hiding anger issues over her fucked up childhood behind a friendly smile and a snarky remark. These anger issues tend to appear from time to time, whenever she has to deal with the worst scum the wasteland has to offer, especially raiders. She is tired of her aimless life, always completing one job after the other to get enough caps to survive on her own and she dreams of finding some purpose.

Backstory: Victoria was born into a clan of raiders and raised among them. Her childhood was not a happy one and she was beaten for every simple disobedience, which resulted in numerous ugly scars on her back. Because of that, she developed a deep disrespect for any higher authority. She ran away when she was 13 years old and lived on the streets of a larger Commonwealth settlement during the next years. Here she finally got to behave like she always wanted to do: cheerful, jovail, always playing tricks on her friends. This has been taken to an extreme with her and she often got into unnecessary problems. During these years she noticed that she has no problems with violence, as long as it isn't against her friends, so she decided to pick up mercenary work. She travelled as a caravan guard for a few years, before saving the life of an institute scientist. The scientist, impressed by her aim, offered her a job as a freelancer at the institute, which she eventually accepted. For her job, she usually accompanies the Synth Retention Bureau Agents as a bodyguard or even acts on her own as an informal member of the Bureau.

• Once again, you've submitted a amazing character! :D

Name: Victoria Lachlan Age: 26 Gender: Female Race: Human Appearance: Victoria is a short and slim young woman with olive skin a

• edited November 2014

Once the test is over it shall be removed...

Hehe...

• ...I taught you too much.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Once the test is over it shall be removed... Hehe...

• It doesn't matter...I put it in the op anyway! ^-^

...I taught you too much.

• Hey, a couple of questions.

!. How many characters do you think would be a good max I'm thinking of making two but if you need more characters let me know.

1. Did you say the Synth Retention Bureau was a faction because I can't find that Intro post you made because I'm working on a second character and might go with that.

Thanks

1. I'll take as many characters as i get.
    2. the Synth Retention Bureau is a sub faction of the Institute.

Hope this answers your questions.

Churned posted: »

Hey, a couple of questions. !. How many characters do you think would be a good max I'm thinking of making two but if you need more chara

• edited November 2014

Here's my character.
    (You didn't say exactly where your story takes place, at least not that I recall, so just bear with me.)

Name: Joe Williams.
    Race: White.
    Appearance: 5'10 ft tall, blue eyes, muscular, shoulder-length brown hair, graying beard, deep-soothing voice.
    Dressed in: Blue Jeans, work boots, a leather coat, and a brown cowboy hat.

Personality: Warm, Personable, Intelligent, Shrewd, Methodical, Selfless, Brave, Athletic, Protective, has an intense hatred for slavers, raiders, and cannibals.

Backstory: Joe grew up in Goodsprings NV the son of bighorn farmer. As a child, Joe was developed quite a skill as a marksman. At the age of 20 Joe became a courier. At the age of 25, while delivering a package for the NCR, Joe was captured by Caesar's Legion, and forced into slavery. After 5 yrs, Joe managed to escape, and fled east toward Utah; where he took up residence in Zion; living among the tribe called: The Dead Horses, where he became a superb hunter and tracker.

After 3 years living among them, Joe left Zion, continuing east, until he eventually reached Megaton.
    In Megaton, he began working for Lucas Sims; the self-appointed Sheriff of Megaton.
    At the age of 40, after having lived 7 yrs in Megaton, Joe left and began to head north, where he came upon a group called the Railroad.

Having been a slave Joe was moved to help those, whether Goul or human, to escape their captors, and find sanctuary.
    During his time with this group, he met a woman who had been a former slave, and the two later became married. At the age of 42, Joe became a father to a boy whom they named Henry. Joe has been involved with the railroad 10 years.

Joe's skills as a marksman, hunter/tracker, as well as the combat skills he's picked up over the years, have proven invaluable, both to the railroad, and to his family.

I will be writing kind of like this... And it isn't a comic book. Action/Description. Character: Bah bah bah And i might try... "Hmm..." The random guy said with a deep voice, then action/Description.

• Thanks for submitting!

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Here's my character. (You didn't say exactly where your story takes place, at least not that I recall, so just bear with me.) Name: Joe

• Incidentally, I gave my character a last name.
    You also may wish to re-read my character's back story, as I've added a few more details.

Thanks for submitting!

• I've reread it, nice character!

Incidentally, I gave my character a last name. You also may wish to re-read my character's back story, as I've added a few more details.

• edited December 2014

Here's a 2nd character I've cooked up.
    After writing my first character, I knew I could write a second one, and give him an even more creative backstory.
    Check it out!

Character's Name: John Billings.
    Race: Human/ White.
    Height: 6'4 ft.
    Weight: 225 lbs.
    Build: Muscular.
    Hair/ color: Shoulder-length brown hair, pulled back in a ponytail.
    Beard: a brown Goatee.

Wardrobe.
    Coat: Denim coat.
    Shirt: black button down shirt.
    Pants: Blue Jeans.
    Shoes: Black steel-toed work boots.
    Wears an eyepatch over his left eye.

Weapons: Brush Gun, six-shot revolver, broad machete,

Occupation: Former Caravan merchant, ex-NCR soldier, now a member of the Railroad.

Personality: Highly Intelligent, Quiet, Observant; has a near uncanny ability to be able to read people and situations, Patient, Religious, Disciplined, Cautious, Adventurous, Driven, Athletic, tenacious and resilient.

Backstory: Born in the ghetto of New Vegas, John's father was a caravan driver, while his mother worked at Mick&Ralph's trading store. At the age of 10, John's mother died. With nothing left in New Vegas, John's father: 30 year-old David Billings, took the boy and and with his caravan; left New Vegas.

Life on the road was hard, but John adapted, learning his father's trade quite well, as well as learning how to hunt/track, and helped to provide food for the caravan.
    As far as education, David taught his son how to read and write, and since David was religious, he inculcated his religious beliefs in John as well.
    Because of this John developed a passion for learning, as well as a strong belief in God.
    But it was not just his mind, nor his faith that grew.
    As time passed John grew up into a handsome young man, who eventually caught the eye of a woman named Sharon " Cass" Cassidy; of Cassidy caravans, who was his senior by 10 years.
    Though she was considerably older than him, the two became quite close, and started dating shortly thereafter, becoming nearly inseparable when they were together.
    Even after the two broke up, they still remained close friends.

John and his father's travels in the caravan business took them both near and far.
    From local places like Novac and Goodsprings, to all the way out to New Canaan in Utah, before it became rubble.
    In fact; it was on a trip back from New Canaan, that the Caravan was attacked by Caesar's legion, just 30 miles outside of Nipton, where the Caravan was headed to with numerous goods to trade.
    John, his father, and the three guards they had hired before leaving Utah were all heavily armed; and had already been tested in combat, having fought off both indians and numerous groups of raiders during their sojourn back from New Canaan. The group put put up a hard fight, taking out 25 legion soldiers out of a 50 man unit, both father and son were wounded and captured, while the rest of Caesar's legion made short work of the guards; who had all been horribly wounded during the shootout.

Both men had their hands tied behind them and then after having been forced into kneeling positions, the Legion decapitated John's father in front of him, after which they savagely beat John nearly to death, seriously bashing in his left eye. There Caravan was destroyed, and John was left to die.

As night fell, an NCR patrol found John, and took him back to camp Forlorn hope. There medics nursed his wounds, though they were unable to save his eye.
    When he awoke, and doctors told him where he was, and John later told the commanding officer what happened to him, when the CO came to see him.
    After 2 months in the infirmary, after John's wounds had healed, he requested that he see the commanding officer again.
    During their conversation John told the Comander of his intense hatred for Caesar's legion. The comanding officer suggested he join the NCR; saying that if John wanted revenge on them, that this would be the place he could be sure to get it. John signed on, and assured the comander saying: "I will not rest until every soldier of Caesar's legion has been abliterated from the earth." Thus, at 20 year old John joined the NCR.

As a soldier, John thrived.
    The skills he'd learned from his father about how to shoot, hunt/track, as well as 10 years of life on the road, made him well adapted to life as a soldier.
    And his proficiency in combat technuiques he had learned in training, his weapons of choice being a Brush Gun rifle, and a broad machete, made him a force to be reckoned with.

Though John was a superb soldier, his thirst vengeance on the Caesar's legion had not yet been satisfied.
    At the age of 25, having reached the rank of Captain, and having receiving his own platoon, John began raiding Legion camps, killing every legionary he could find, and in the process freeing many settlers the Legion had taken captive as slaves.
    But this still wasn't enough.
    So John took a step further, he and his platoon crossed the river and went deep into legionary territory.
    There he and his platoon continued there massacreing of legionary soldiers, while also conducting raids on legionary civilians, much to the disgust of many of his men.
    Unlike some of his men however, John never harmed a woman or a child, nor at that point any man who was a civilian.

After 6 months, Caesar's legion caught up with them, and during a surprise night attack, massacred nearly the entire platoon, with only John and 5 of his men escaping.
    The next morning, John wanted to strike back at the legion yet again.
    This time however, his men refused, saying that they had enough of traveling with a madman, and were heading back across the river toward New Vegas.
    John was outraged, and ordered his men to fall in line, saying that there were still many legionary soldiers left to kill!
    But the Sergeant among them refused, and he and the others walked away, making their way west toward the river.

John remained on the East side of the river, and as a lone-wolf, continued picking off legionaries one by one, as well as massacreing entire camps on his own.
    The Legion thus began calling John: "The NCR Wolf."
    A name that still to this day spreads fear into legion communities whenever it is said allowed.

A month later, John came across yet another camp of legion civilians.
    After picking off as many men as possible with his rifle, John then charged in and slaughtered every man in the place, whether soldier or civilian with his machete!
    Some men actually held their hands up in surrender, mostly civilians, but John cut them down without mercy.
    After he was through, and surveying the blood-soaked ground, he saw both women and children, kneeling at the side of their beloved men-folk, and wailing.
    Looking into the eyes of these grief stricken people, and then noticing his tattered uniform soaked in blood, the impact of what John had done struck him hard.
    These men that he had killed, most of them were not soldiers, but rather farmers with families, who hadn't done anyone wrong.
    And he had just slaughtered them right before the eyes of their families.
    The fact that he had put to the sword innocent civilians that were unharmed and who had surrendered, something he had never personally done before, now made him a murderer.
    In a state of shock, John left the village, and disappeared into the countryside.

Later that night, while sitting around a small campfire, John reflected on all the atrocities he had committed since crossing the river, and reflecting on all the legion soldiers he had killed; even before he crossed the river, wondering how many of those men had families, and what this course of action had cost his own men, not just the lives of the majority of them, but for some; their humanity.
    The realization of what he had become had finally caught up with him, in his lust to avenge his father's murder, he had become as bad as the the very thing he had set out to destroy. It was all to much for him to bear, and John broke down and wept bitterly.

The next morning, as the sun rose over the arid landscape, John; realizing that there was nothing left for him here, and realizing the possible consequences awaiting him at the hand of the NCR on the other side of the river, John began heading east, eventually becoming an obscure traveler, moving from place to place. Over the next 2 years, John heard reports of Caesar's legion tightening their grip on the Mojave.
    When the report spread that Caesar's legion had been defeated at Hoover dam, with the assistance of a courier; as well a woman by the name of Cassidy, John was glad to hear his former girlfriend had survived and now made her mark in the world.
    Though he wanted to venture back into the Mojave to see her for old-times sake, the threat of possible retribution from the NCR for his actions deterred him.

Six months later, after the news of the NCR's victory at Hoover dam, John heard another report of NCR troops looking for a former-Captain Billings, who was wanted for war crimes, from a former army ranger in a local bar of a town; located 100 miles outside of the Mojave.
    According to the old ranger, 3 soldiers who had served under Billings had reported to NCR officials that Billings, had ventured across the Colorado river without orders, where Billings proceeded to commit atrocities against Legion civilians, and had proceeded to get nearly his entire command killed.
    With his suspicions confirmed, and knowing that the NCR would expand it's borders now that Caesar's legion was defeated; and would continue looking for him, John left the area for good.

After 12 years of living a life of obscurity, John found himself on the east coast; in Rivet city, near what use to be The Capitol of the Old-World.
    After gathering more supplies for the journey, John headed north.
    After 3 days on the road, John came across a camp of super-mutants.
    At first, John thought about just quietly going around them.
    But then seeing that the mutants had captured a family of three, a father, mother, and a lonely daughter, John felt compelled to help.
    Taking up a position in an outcropping of rocks above the Mutant camp, John began waiting for his chance to strike.
    Before he could act, one of the mutants killed the father, right in front of the family.
    With the mother and child screaming in horror, and the mutants now focusing their attention on them, John shouldered his Brush rifle, and fired, killing one mutant with a headshot!

As the other mutants scrambled for their weapons, John fired again, killing another mutant, and then another.
    The mutants returned fire, bullets whizzing by John's head!
    After 10 minutes, both parties had exhausted their ammo.
    John was untouched, while 7 mutants, out of a party of 12, lay dead.
    John; rising from cover with his machete in hand, charged in!
    The mutants rose from cover and came at him bearing huge clubs; riddled with huge nails.

Due to the mutants' immense size, John was able to duck and roll out of the way of their attacks, while cutting and slashing them open!
    After a pulse pounding battle which in total lasted a mere 15 minutes, every super mutants lay dead.
    After cutting their bindings loose, John told the mother, and her 14 year-old daughter, that they were free to go wherever they wished.
    The mother pleaded that they be allowed to go with John, and after a brief discussion, John acquiesced to their request.

Initially, John was weary of the mother, Sarah, and her daughter Jenny.
    However, over the months that followed, he eventually began to bond with them.
    It was during that time, that John and Sarah's relationship became strong, and soon they became a couple.
    After reaching the town of Megaton, a year after having met, John and Sarah were married by the pastor of the church of Atom.
    In Megaton, John began working as a bartender for Colin Moriarty.
    Though not a good job, John was able to support his new family.

After a year stay in Megaton, John decided to move his family further north, having heard of a good community up north in North Dakota.
    While on the way their, they encountered a group called the railroad, which in the business of offering sanctuary to runaway slaves, and helping them find new homes in different settlements throughout the waste.
    John decided that he and his family should stay, as winter was fast approaching.

Over the course of the winter, John became embroiled in the railroad's cause of helping runaway slaves, whether ghoul, human, or android.
    This work brought him peace, and contentment.
    After discussing things with Sarah and Jenny, the family decided to stay, and join the cause.
    And have done so for the past year.
    Sarah, now pregnant, and Jenny have become adept at providing meals and beds to the runaways, as well as teaching them how to be people once again.
    While John, now at 40 yrs old, helps runaway slaves get to their destinations, wherever they so choose.
    It is here, that John's family is happy and relatively secure, and it is here where John hopes to find forgiveness from his past.

I've reread it, nice character!

• Amazing character! Thanks for submitting! :D

Here's a 2nd character I've cooked up. After writing my first character, I knew I could write a second one, and give him an even more creat

• edited November 2014

Chapter 1

Your eyes slowly open as the light of the room dances on eyes, once it clears up you look around the bedroom; to the left of the bed was a bathroom, to the right was the door. You pull out of the covers and start to stand up. You walk to the door and it auto-opens and you walk into the hallway as you exit your bedroom the door closes behind you. A voice comes on the speakers calling to you to come to the armorer.

“Hello? Anyway, we saw that you opened your door and I’ve chosen that this is the perfect time to get ready! So…Come down to the armory and get suited up for you trip across the Commonwealth! It’s Felix by the way…See you soon!' Felix’s voice stops coming from the speaker.

You continue to make your way to the armory, walking through almost endless hallways and corridors. You pass other residents and Dr.’s on your way, you arrive at the final hallway to the armory, it was completely empty. You continue to walk down the hallway just as someone jumps out of a closet. It was Victoria Lachlan; she had been your friend since she arrived at the Institute. She appeared to have been waiting for you, although she would never admit it.

Victoria: Where do you think you’re going?! You’re not just gonna try to leave without saying goodbye, are you?

["You know me better then that."]

Victoria: Well look, I got something for you, sort of a: please don’t die in the wasteland of the Commonwealth kind of gift! Behind that door their gonna give you all kinds of gear to help fight off the monsters and asshats of the Commonwealth, but this is 10x better, let me show you…

Victoria pulls out an odd thing, it looked like a watch, but it was very big. It had buttons and lights; it had the words Pip-boy 3000 on it, Victoria then puts it around your arm, it was surprisingly light.

Victoria: Well, what do you think? Amazing right?

["What is it?"]

Victoria: It's called a Pip-boy 3000, they made 'em for the vaults. Anyway, you’re going to do just fine, just make sure to stop by here and there. Umm…Yeah, sorry, I’ve kept you from your from Felix too long, ah, just…See you around…And remember, be careful.

["Always!"]

Victoria smiles at you and then starts walking away. You watch as Victoria rounds the corner of the hallway and leaves, then looking back at the door to the armory; you walk to it, open it and take a step inside, Felix wasn’t in there, he would probably be back soon. The room was filled with; laser rifles, plasma pistols and any other kind of gun you could of, but most of the regular guns were in the back, the Institute preferred laser and plasma, over the old guns that were mostly from per-Great War times, as you were looking at these guns and maybe even thinking about taking one, Felix walked in and greets you.

Felix: Oh you’re here, hmm…What’s that on your arm? Hmm…That’s a Pip-boy 3000, how did you get your hands on one of those? Wait, let me guess… Victoria, did Victoria give it to you.

["Yeah, she did..."]

Felix: well don’t worry, it’s not like I’d take it away from you, well…It’s probably a good thing she did, just give me a minute and I’ll upload some useful stuff to that Pip-boy! Maps and lots of other things that are good to have on hand or…Wrist…”

He takes small cord and plugs into the Pip-boy 300, he then plugs the other end into a computer.

Felix: And…Done, now it’s time you get ready for your…’expedition’ to find that android, Dr. Eamon will explain everything, so don’t worry. After all, you’re a part of The Synth Retention Bureau for a reason, anyway, I’ll take my leave, everything you need is on the counter, you know the drill.

Felix then walks out of the armory and into a sideroom.You look at everything on the counter and start getting ready, you suit up and gather all the gear and prepare for expedition, the armor was nothing super, but useful and would protect you relatively well. You then left the armory and started walking to your Dr. Eamon's office, you reach the office and the door opens when you get near it. The office was very similar to the overseer’s offices of the vaults, it had a window looking down over the underground shelter’s main. There was Dr. Eamon, once he saw you had come into his office he stud up from his desk and walked around it, he then stands next to you, grabs your shoulders and says.

Dr. Eamon: There’s you are, you've got a long few days ahead of you, are you ready for it? What am I saying, I know you are prepared for this! You joined The Synth Retention Bureau for a reason! I know you have what it takes to be one of the best in history! You've just gotta get out there and show them.

["I know...I'm just not sure about this...About the android's..."]

Dr. Eamon: I know you…Don’t always agree with this, but it’s for the greater good. You have to understand that, we need the android back, can't let our technology get out into the wasteland, but this android that has escaped the Institute, it has taken something with it, something we can’t lose! Something that could bring the end from many, many life’s, so your goal is to find this android, and bring it back here, in one piece and remember, it's just a machine. Good luck to you!

Dr. Eamon finishes talking then sends you on your way. You walked until you arrived at the entrance, you walk to the control panel and interned in a cord, the large vault door begins to slowly open, then you start walking out of the Institute and into the Commonwealth. Once you exit the Institute the vault door starts closing behind you. You are now in the wasteland of the Commonwealth. Your Pip-boy 3000 had 3 locations. You could go to a settlement up north, or a vault over to the west, and lastly, you could go east, to what remained of Boston, a city in ruins.

[Go north to the settlement]

[Go west to the vault]

[Go east to the remains of Boston]

Hmm...Okay that was the first chapter, hope you enjoyed it, If you have questions/Suggestions/feedback feel free to tell me!

• edited November 2014

THIS IS PERFECT FOR ME!
    Name:Zaphaeus Venual

Race:Caucasian

Appearance:This. http://i.imgur.com/iLY0ey4.png

Occupation/Faction: (No, NCR, Legion or BoS.)(This is Optional, if you skip this i will choose for you) Brotherhood of Steel

Personality: Kind, Will try to find the optimal peaceful solution if possible.

Backstory: (Optional) Born in Rivet City, James Venual took his son Zaphaeus and his daughter Amanda into an underground bunker known simply is Vault 101. Zaphaeus got his first BB gun at age ten and spent 9 more years in peace. At age 19 his dad left the vault and he was forced to follow him. As he went out however, he and his sister were knocked out by Raiders and Amanda was taken to Paradise falls. He then disguised as a slave and broke him and amanda free. Blah Blah Blah followthemainstoryuntilhisdad diesandthisstorytakesplacecausethisisinanalternateuniverseofmyocokyourstorycanstartnow.

• [Go west to the vault]

The settlement might have bandits or might have respectable people, Boston will have either bandits or mutants, BUT I KNOW THAT THE VAULT WILL HAVE DESMOND!

Chapter 1 Your eyes slowly open as the light of the room dances on eyes, once it clears up you look around the bedroom; to the left of th

• Thanks for the character... Just wanted to let you know that a lot of things will change with the story of this character for it to fit with the story that I'm writing.

Gobananas01 posted: »

THIS IS PERFECT FOR ME! Name:Zaphaeus Venual Age: 23 Gender:M Race:Caucasian Appearance:This. http://i.imgur.com/iLY0ey4.png

• Maybe... :P

[Go west to the vault] The settlement might have bandits or might have respectable people, Boston will have either bandits or mutants, BUT I KNOW THAT THE VAULT WILL HAVE DESMOND!

• [Go west to the vault]

It's looking pretty badass so far keep it up!

Chapter 1 Your eyes slowly open as the light of the room dances on eyes, once it clears up you look around the bedroom; to the left of th

• [Go north to the settlement]

The vault (if not Desmonds vault) and the remains of Boston could be very dangerous for the start

• [Go west to the vault]

• [Go to the settlement]

• OK, that's fine, I just wrote that cause I couldn't think of anything else to write.

Thanks for the character... Just wanted to let you know that a lot of things will change with the story of this character for it to fit with the story that I'm writing.

• Gonna close the voting so i can write the next chapter!

(!) Go west to the vault

• Chapter 2

You choose to go north to find the vault, you walked through the Commonwealth. The ground was barren and void of any life, brunt trees doted the landscape, you followed a crumbling road for miles, until you came to a house, this house had broken windows and was discolored, the same color as the land, it was in the middle of nowhere, had an picket fence. This is where the vault was, somewhere around here, maybe in the house somewhere.

Then house was chard and brunt, it look like it could fall at any moment. You slowly open the front door and walk inside, you look all around the house and find nothing, until you go back to the garage and look some more. You find a switch, and then you flip it. Two panels open to reveal a stair case to a basement, in that basement was tunnel going down, and a ladder. You start climbing down the ladder and into the dark abyss, once you reach the bottom of the pit you find a short tunnel, it leads to a vault door.

It was vault 58. The vault’s door is closed, you walk to a panel and enter in a password, the door beings to slowly open. With the vault door fully open you walk inside, the vault looked pretty shity, filleting light bulbs, paper all over the floor, and a few skeletons, and relatively fresh corpses lying on the floor. You hear noise, like people running, they were running to you. Then about 5 people appear from running down a hallway with guns pointed right at you. They quickly surround you “Get on the ground!” One of them yelled at you, while forcing you on your knees with their gun pointed at your head, they tied your hands behind your back and forced a sack over your head.

You were being dragged further into vault, you were dragged through one hallway, until the people stopped and sit you up facing someone you could barely see, the sack over your head did its job…Then you hear a man’s voice. “Well take the damn sack off his head!” the voice sounded annoyed and frustrated. Someone pulls the sack off and the light of the room hits your eyes.

???: I have some much bullshit to deal with right now, the last thing I need is some raider coming up and slitting someone’s throat when we aren’t looking, so…Who are you and why are you here?!

“I’m looking for someone...”

???: Hmm, well…Do you see them among us? This is everyone, right here, right now…If the person is here…Then they would have to be one of the people who are trapped, trapped in the lower levels, wait, where are my manners, wait, you know what…they don’t matter in the wasteland, but still…My name is Desmond Jackinson, your friendly neighborhood Information Broker.

“Um… Nice to meet you…”

Desmond: And it’s nice to meet you too, now…anyway…This guy you’re looking for might be trapped with a few of my employees If you want to find him you’ll have to go into the lower levels to look for them, but be warned! There’s some monsters in there that would make the fearless shit their pants…So, what I’m asking is…Do you want to go further into this vault full of horrors, just to find some guy?

“…”

Desmond: Hehe… I don’t know if this person your following is that important to you, but if it’s anything to you…I could pay you, a lot of my people are trapped down there, I would pay you a good amount to help look for them, not just caps… I’m an Information Broker, I can find people…relatively easily…But it’s your choice. Do you want to go into the lion’s den to save this guy your following and some people you don’t even know, or do you want to risk losing whoever is down there by looking somewhere else?

[“I’ll go further into the vault.”]

[“I’ll go further into the vault, but only if you reward me.”]

[“No I won’t go any further into this vault, I’ll just have to look elsewhere.”]

Anyway...Hope you liked this chapter! ^-^ As all ways, if you have any questions/Suggestions/feedback feel free to let me know!

• [No] Great chapter!!!!!!!

Chapter 2 You choose to go north to find the vault, you walked through the Commonwealth. The ground was barren and void of any life, brun

• Thank you! ^-^

supersagig posted: »

[No] Great chapter!!!!!!!

• edited November 2014

Here's another.
    This character was partly inspired by the Clint Eastwood film: "The Outlaw Josey Whales."
    Hope you enjoy it!

Name: Mike McCoy.
    Height: 5'10 ft.
    Weight: 175 lbs.
    Hair/Color: Gray short hair.
    Beard Style/ Color: Gray Biker mustache, unshaven.
    Eye Color: Brown.

Personality: Intelligent, Hardworking, Strong; physically, mentally; and emotionally, Tough, Resilient.

Weapons: Cowboy repeater, 2 six-shot revolvers, and a Bowie Knife.

Backstory: Growing up in Goodsprings, Mike grew up the son of a local doctor.
    At the age of 20, joined the NCR as an army medic, doctoring many wounded troops, doing so for 3 years.
    After the defeat of Caesar's legion, and itching for more excitement, Mike went AWOL and joined a local mercenary group.
    As mercenary, Mike travelled all over the United states; taking up numerous jobs, and becoming involved in numerous local battles, whether they be actual military operations, or feuds between warring families.
    And as former Army medic, his skills at patching up other wounded, as well as his skills with a rifle and knife, earned him a reputation.

After 11 years as a mercenary, Mike quit and started working on a ranch in Texas.
    On the ranch, Mike learned and became quite adept at breaking horses, later running bighorns from the ranch, down to a settlement called Cactus Peak, situated right next an old-world building called "The Alamo."

After 7 years, a 41 year old Mike left the ranch, the owner giving him a 3 year old mustang as a gift; as well as two revolvers, Mike travelled Washington D.C, and became involved with The Brotherhood of Steel. During his time with them, he met his wife, a scribe, who later bore him 2 children, two boys; John and Will.

At 44, Mike moved his family west, and settled about 300 miles from Alistair Tower, and began a small ranch, where he began breeding horses, the first man living on the east-coast to ever do so.
    For 4 years, Mike and his family earned a modest living, and were able to enjoy relative security.
    That all changed when a group of raiders attacked his home, while Mike was in Rivet city on business.
    Grief stricken on his family murdered and his ranch completely destroyed, Mike turned to drinking.

A month later, Mike found himself in Moriarty's Saloon.
    While there, 5 strangers wandered in and took a seat next to him.
    As the men began to drink, they began boasting of their recent exploits, most notably destroying a horse ranch in the area; and of slaughtering the family that lived their, much to the disgust of everyone inside, including Moriarty.
    As he listened, Mike pieced-together that these were the same men that had murdered his family.
    In a drunken-rage Mike broke the whiskey bottle that he'd been drinking from over one of men's head, one of the men punched Mike; knocking him to the floor.
    The 48 year old quickly regained his footing, drew his Bowie knife; and charged the men!
    After a few minutes of intense brawling, the 5 men lay dead with multiple stab wounds.

After being detained by Lucas Sims, and after relating his story, Mike was released.
    Before releasing him, Lucas Sims stated to Mike: "I endeavour to run a very peaceful town. So for what you did, officially I'm going to have to ask you never to set foot in Megaton again. Unofficially, I know you had every right to kill those men; and I don't condemn you for that, as I am also a father and if anyone hurt my boy, they'd be dead. So for what you did, I say: 'Bravo!"
    After that, Mike got on his horse and left Megaton for good.

That night, Mike thought intensely about that day's events.
    It was then that Mike knew he could never let what happened to his family happen to anyone else.
    Over the next month, Mike preys on both raiders and slavers alike, doing so all on horseback.
    As well as treating travellers who have been injured or sick to the best of his ability, and thus also saving countless lives.

Over the last 5 years, Mike continues to strike fear and terror into the hearts of raiders, and slavers, while bringing hope to local communities and travelers alike, his name becoming a legend throughout the wasteland.
    Though he is now 53 years old; and thus considered by wasteland-standards to be an old man, Mike is nowhere close to retirement.
    And under his watchful eyes, the wasteland enjoys a measure of peace and security.

Amazing character! Thanks for submitting!

• Name: George Lottmann

Race: Human

Personality: Smart, witty,

• [“I’ll go further into the vault, but only if you reward me.”]

Chapter 2 You choose to go north to find the vault, you walked through the Commonwealth. The ground was barren and void of any life, brun

• [I'll go further into the vault, but only if you reward me]

• Once again, thank you for the character!

Here's another. This character was partly inspired by the Clint Eastwood film: "The Outlaw Josey Whales." Hope you enjoy it! Name: Mike

• Thanks for the character!

Zachiscool posted: »

Name: George Lottmann Age: 20 Gender: Male Race: Human Occupation: Legion Personality: Smart, witty,

• [I'll go further into the vault, but only if you reward me.]

• edited December 2014

Here's another.
    I'm gonna keep this one fairly short.

Name: Kevin White.
    Height: 5'10 ft.
    Weight: 180 lbs.
    Eye color: Brown.
    Hair/ Color: Brown, short.
    Beard: Full Goatee.

Personality: Intelligent, Eloquent, Street-smart, Angry, Brooding, Aloof.

Backstory: Born in Rivet City, Kevin grew up the son of a mechanic.
    At the age of 20, looking for excitement, Kevin left Rivet city and fell in with a gang.
    A trusting young man, Kevin was quickly betrayed by the gang to a group of slavers, who sold Kevin to the Pitt.

For the first 2 years, Kevin languished as a laborer.
    During this time, Kevin; aside from having to deal with the hard work, also had to establish himself in slave-hierarchy, which meant having to fight for dominance.
    Kevin, as a result, lost the innocence of his young manhood, and learned he had to be tough if he was going to survive.

After a piece of heavy equipment broke down, and noticed for how efficiently he fixed it, Kevin was later put to work as a mechanic.
    Even though being a mechanic was technically a step-up, Kevin longed for freedom.
    For the next 8 years Kevin plotted and planned his escape, during which time the leader of the Pitt began using him to handle negotiations with slavers, after noticing Kevin's intelligence and his eloquence.
    After a riot broke out, Kevin was able to slip away in the mass-confusion, passed the guards, and escaped.

After a week on the road, Kevin came across a group called the railroad, promising sanctuary to runaway slaves.
    After a brief conversation, Kevin decided to go with them.
    After 3 weeks, Kevin left the Railroad, and headed out on his own, later becoming a gun-runner.
    For the past 9 years, Kevin instead of helping to relocate runways, helps keep the Railroad supplied with guns and ammo.

His time in the Pitt, where most of the runaway slaves come from, gives Kevin a insight into them that few possess.
    As like most of them, Kevin has a hard time trusting others, as well as deep-seeded anger that comes from betrayal, as well brooding and being aloof.

However, his time in the Pitt has also given him a strong knowledge of business and trading, making him one of the top Gun-Runners on the east-coast, and as a result, he been able to employ sub-dealers, making him a Gun-runner kingpin.

The Railroad however, are not his only customers.
    He also deals guns to Mercenaries, Bounty Hunters, Raiders, Smugglers, the Brotherhood of Steel, and the Enclave.
    And for the right price, he will also deal in Chems.
    The only thing he will not deal in is Slaves.
    Most know better than to cross him or his dealers.
    Even the Enclave is careful not to upset him.
    Anyone who does, is dead.

Once again, thank you for the character!

• Name: Dr. Wilson Mcharris

Race: human

Personality: kind, caring. Horrible bedside manner. Very blunt.

Appearance: lab coat. Brown hair. Stubbly beard.

Background: whatever you want.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.