Fallout: Commonwealth - Interactive Story (Fan Fiction)

Comments

• [“I’ll go further into the vault, but only if you reward me.”] Great work as always!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Chapter 2 You choose to go north to find the vault, you walked through the Commonwealth. The ground was barren and void of any life, brun

• A little update...I'm going to be very busy working on my other story, so this will be put on hold for the time being, it shouldn't be more then a week.

• Is this a thread you have a link to? I'd love to read it!

A little update...I'm going to be very busy working on my other story, so this will be put on hold for the time being, it shouldn't be more then a week.

• Churned posted: »

Is this a thread you have a link to? I'd love to read it!

• So it's been a bit since I posted a chapter, but I've reached a place in my other story where i can now start posting this again! :D

So hopefully i can make a chapter tomorrow of the next day! Thank you for understanding. :)

• edited December 2014

Me and Hope have been chatting about an idea we made up, but he's not sure about it. So we ask you guys.

Do you want The Lone Wanderer in the story? Here's the poll: http://strawpoll.me/3165999

• Chapter 3

[“I'll go further into the vault, but only if you reward me.”]

"Hmm...I understand, you could use some money, and if the guy you're following isn't here...It would be nice to have a back up plan. I'll reward you, after you help save my men. Deal?" Desmond asked.

["Deal"]

"Alright then, follow me." Desmond lead the way.

You followed him to an elevator, there he handed you a rope and the two of you repealed down the elevator shaft, once again you descended into a dark abyss, you arrive at the second level the two of you begin walking down a long hallway. In this hallway you find a door to the Living Quarters, the two of you walk into the large room, it's completly void of life and any sign of people living here.

Desmond spots a terminal and starts walking to it, once he reaches it he begins reading everything he could find, but then he stopped in shock, he looked at you as you walked to him. He pulls something out of the computer's port and puts it into his pocket.

"Nothing on the computer, we need to go further in the vault if we want to find anyone." Desmond said.

["You sure?"]

"I'm pretty fuckin' sure. We need to go down, I'll start going down, but I'll wait for you." Desmond walks back to the elevator and starts going down.

You turn around and look at the computer for across the room, you then start walking to it, just to make sure Desmond was telling the truth, the computer was very old, it had dust and grime all over it, you turn it on and are greeted by a locked icon. You begin looking for the password, you try word like; greetings, welcomed, and many others until you find the right word; tomorrow. You are then given the ability to use the computer. You find nothing but a audio file, you download to your Pip-boy 3000, and play it.

"They closed the vault door on the day it all went to shit, i am...3rd generation and the descended of the overseer, the first one, not the new. They started doing test, not the homework kind, but the kind that would make you gag, pont is the lower levels are no longer safe, if you go down there make sure you have a way to keep yourself safe, there are monsters in the lower levels, monsters that will kill you, just make sure to-" The voice on the audio file ended.

You look and see Desmond's head pop over the edge of the elevator shaft and yell for you to come. "We don't have all day!" Desmond then started going to the next floor. You walked to the rope and lowed yourself until you reached the next floor.

This floor was a lot more dirty, paper and trash covered the floor, and there were bones, scattered across the room. You see a glass room, with a terminal outside of the glass room and one inside of it.

"You see that terminal on the inside, of this...Room, it should-" Desmond is cut off when a door at the very end of the hallway starts to be banged on. Desmond looks around almost like he was scared.

"Okay, the terminal out here will need to be operated to open the door to the glass room, the door will probably close behind whoever goes in, so one of us needs to stay out here to open the door while the other one of us is done opening that door...There's clearly something on the other side, so whoever is out here will have to open the glass door so the other can go farther into the vault, one of us need to get the door open so we can continue. Who's it gonna be?" Desmond asked.

["I'm not staying out here when that door opens!"]

["I'll stay out here while you open the door, I'll take care of the monsters."]

[No, not a chance...I'm leaving this hellhole! I'll just have to go somewhere else..."]

Okay, sorry for the long wait, hope you like this chapter, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

• I'm not staying out here when that door opens!

Nice chapter!

Chapter 3 [“I'll go further into the vault, but only if you reward me.”] "Hmm...I understand, you could use some money, and if the g

• Thank you!

Zachiscool posted: »

I'm not staying out here when that door opens! Nice chapter!

• ["I'll stay out here while you open the door, I'll take care of the monsters."]

He´s the protagonist so he can´t die now :P

Chapter 3 [“I'll go further into the vault, but only if you reward me.”] "Hmm...I understand, you could use some money, and if the g

• ["I'll stay out here while you open the door, I'll take care of the monsters."]

Bring in the monsters! A true Fallout protagonist has to be able to handle a few critters

• As I said in Raining, here is another character. This time I made him deliberately despicable, since I noticed a lack of the true Wasteland scum the Fallout world is usually populated with. I don't think I'll ever get my Raining problem, in that I actually start rooting for him, not with this guy. Let me know if he is too much.

Name: Ben Archer

Race: Human

Appearance: Archer is a tall, but thin man, with short black hair and a goatee. His left eye is missing and he usually wears an eyepatch to cover it. The left side of his face is heavily disfigured by burn scars. Archer usually wears a white pre-war suit and a fedora when he is doing business transactions, but he also owns a set of metal armor which he wears for raids. His whole back is badly disfigured by scars, most of them coming from a whip. Despite his thin figure, Ben is a surprisingly strong man

Personality: Archer thinks that he sees the Wasteland for what it is: A hopeless place in which only the strong have any chance of survival and have every right to exploit the weak. That's why he has no mercy in enslaving unfortunate travelers. He is completely ruthless, but too pragmatic to simply kill someone who could be valuable for him. Despite this, Archer does not see himself as evil, simply a survivor. He finds no joy in the clearly evil deeds his underlings do and is not above showing surprising decency towards his captives, treating them nice and even protecting the weakest from his own men. In his own twisted worldview, he even does them a favour, gives them a purpose and spares them from the horrible death that awaits most free men and women in the Commonwealth. Archer values strength over anything else and holds defeated foes in high regards. He is dangerously intelligent, highly sophisticated and always calm and polite, even when he is shooting someone. When he has a goal, he is determined to complete it, not backing off even if the costs are too high. Of course, his philosophy is flawed and deep down he knows that without actually admitting it, but he also knows that he is gone too far to just stop with what he is doing. The only thing even he is reluctant to do is trading with Caesars Legion and captured Legion scouts are usually given the absolute worst treatment a creative man can think off. He also does not like the Institute, since he distrusts Androids.

Backstory: The man that eventually should become Archer was born as Ben Archer, a slave to Caesar's Legion since his birth. He grew up in the Legion capital Flagstaff and had to do the lowest slave work since he was old enough to walk. Eventually, a legion administrator noticed that the young Ben was smarter than most slaves and even many legionaires, despite never having any education at all. He took it up to himself to give the young boy special training and educated him, mostly with the help of a whip until the boy did exactly what he should do. Ben became an extremely educated man. He accompanied a group of Legion scouts who travelled far into the east, looking for potential lands to conquer. When they found the Commonwealth, the Legion scouts got too reckless. They encountered a group of Railroad agents, who saw the Slavers for what they were and killed them. Ben and several others were freed and offered to join the railroad. Ben, uncertain what he should do, declined this offer and travelled into the Commonwealth on his own. The first group of people he met were Raiders, who attacked him. During this fight, he was grazed by a flamethrower, which resulted in his facial disfigurement and loss of his left eye. After this, the raiders thought Ben was finished and left him to die. On this day, Ben Archer died. He gave up his first name, hunted down the raiders and challenged their leader to a fistfight. Thanks to years of hard work with the Legion, Archer won and brutally punched the raider to death. Afterwards he took control over this raider group and occupied a part of the ruins of Boston. If the Legion taught him one thing, than it was the fact that only the strong have the right to make decisions. He became the very thing he learned to hate his whole life: A slaver. Soon he started to trade slaves all over the Commonwealth and while he is far from being the biggest slaver in the region, his business and raider gang is growing quickly thanks to the tricks he learned at Caesars Legion.

• Thanks for the awesome character!

As I said in Raining, here is another character. This time I made him deliberately despicable, since I noticed a lack of the true Wasteland

• I'll try to join in. :)

supersagig posted: »

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/88146/what-comes-after-a-walking-dead-fan-fic

• I know, thanks for sharing it. :P

It´s not mine , i am just helping to someone. :P

• It´s not mine , i am just helping to someone. :P

I'll try to join in.

• edited December 2014

Edited a few things in the backstory for my character Kevin White.
    As well as his personality.

Once again, thank you for the character!

• Chapter 4

["I'll stay out here while you open the door, I'll take care of the monsters."]

"Okay, be ready." Desmond walks to the glass room's door and waited for you to open it, you begin hacking the PC and the door opens. Desmond walks inside the glass room and the door closes behind him, he walks to the PC inside the room, you watch him as he types code on it, after a lot of typing the door on the far side of the room begins to open, you stare into a room of darkness, the lights in the room were broken or off, you could still hear something coming for it, the lights of the glass room barely illuminated the first foot of the far room, you then look back over to Desmond and he looks at you while mouthing something, he seems to realise you couldn't hear him, so he walks over to the wall of the glass room and looks around it. He spots a little microphone and runs to it.

"Okay...Please take care of whatever that is, then you can open this door. Hell, i can make this a lot easier for you, let me turn on the lights..." Desmond reaches for a control panel and hits one button, the lights of the far room turn on.

It illuminates a monster, it stood about 8 feet tall, it had horns and a tail. The monster looked at you for a second then started running to you. You hear Desmond call out. "Oh fuck! Kill it, kill it! Kill it!!" Desmond shouts from behind the glass.

The monster charges you as you jumps to the side, it stamps on your leg as your land on the floor, your leg is broken and pretty fuck up, you subble away, as the monster puts it's long foot on your back, it crushes your torso and you fall to the ground in pain. You watch as your blood covers the floor around you, you feel as the monster steps off of you and turns to Desmond, the monster starts banging on the glass, the glass begins to crack. Desmond looks around the room for something useful, he then runs back to the PC and starts typing on it, the monster breaks the glass just as Desmond activate the vaults security system. A light begins flashing, then a guns deploy from the walls and shoot the monster, after a good 2 minutes of firing the monster falls to the ground dead.

"Oh fuck the was too fuckin' close..." Desmond says as he walks out of the room. "How the hell are you still alive, just...Let's get you fixed up, this vault is hopeless, it's full of deathclaws...I, found the security system...Their all dead, nothing good remains, the deathclaws killed everyone, the person your following if either dead somewhere in the lower levels or he might have never been here in the first place."

["Now what?"]

"Hmm...You should probably try looking for him elsewhere, the remains of Boston might be a good place to look, there's also a few other places, I'll mark them on your map." Desmond marks off a few places to check out. After making your way out of the vault's lower levels you find yourself at the vault door. Desmond stands at the entrance, as you continue walking, you stop as you realies that Desmond wasn't coming with you.

"Well...I guess this is where me say good bye, I'm not going with you...The upper levels of this vault are, relatively safe. I'll stay here, maybe start some kind of business...The places on your Pip-Boy should lead you to something...I guess I'll see you around..." Desmond walks to the control panel and hits a few buttons, the large vault door begins to close behind you. You make your way to the house on top of the vault, once you have completly exited the house you are once again in the Commonwealth. Desmond added and updated a few of the markers on the map.

[Go east to the remains of Boston]

[Go north to the large settlement called Lawrence]

[Go further west to a small settlement called Springfield]

Hope you liked this chapter! If you have any feedback/questions or anything feel free to let me know!

• I was definitely not expecting a Death Claw to be the first enemy our protagonist faces :D

If I would be an Android, I would probably try to hide in a larger settlement. Boston would probably be even better to hide in, but also 10 times as dangerous if it is anything like D.C. (probably with less Super Mutants, but an increased threat of slavers)

Chapter 4 ["I'll stay out here while you open the door, I'll take care of the monsters."] "Okay, be ready." Desmond walks to the gla

• To be fair he wasn't the one who killed it :P

As for your reason to choose the large settlement over the others, it's pretty smart.

I was definitely not expecting a Death Claw to be the first enemy our protagonist faces [Go north to the large settlement called Lawrenc

• [Go further west to a small settlement called Springfield]

Excellent Chapter!!!

Chapter 4 ["I'll stay out here while you open the door, I'll take care of the monsters."] "Okay, be ready." Desmond walks to the gla

• [Go further west to a small settlement called Springfield]

• [Go east to the remains of Boston]

• Again, thank you. :P

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/88358/twd-a-monument-to-all-our-sins

• [Go north to the large settlement called Lawrence]

• Is it too late to submit a character?

• Character submission is still open.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Is it too late to submit a character?

• Chapter 5

You make your way to Lawrence, once you arrive you find yourself at a large wall surrounding the settlement, the road you were walking leads to a large set of doors, above the doors was a snipers nest, inside there was a man with rifle pointed at you. He calls out to you. "Stand still, hold out your weapons as the gate opens, they will take your weapons to a safe place until your ready to leave, if you show any signs of aggression you will be shot" The man continues to point his rifle at you as the gate in opened.

2 men walk out with guns pointed at you, one of them puts it down while walking to you, but the other keeps it pointed to you. The man walked up to you and takes your guns. Then the other man lowers his as they take you inside Lawrence. As you enter the settlement you find yourself in a town, there was a road leading through the center of town, and rows of houses on either side. At the end of the road there was a large building, probably some kind of house for the mayor. The second man spit off while the other waited with you at the beginning of the road. The man walked to another, both of them approached you.

"I'm the mayor of Lawrence, my name is George Lottmann, this...As you can see is Lawrence, i need to inform you that your weapons have been put someone safe, we don't need any unnecessary violence, once you leave they will be given back to you on your way out. You probably want something to drink, if you do i would recommend you go to the salon, right there, 3rd building down on the left side. Anyway, what is your business here?" George asked.

["I'm looking for someone, a Android. I'm part of the Synth Retention Bureau, I'm here to track it down"]

"Well...Well...Well...We haven't had anyone from the Institute come through here in a very long time, but you should really keep it to yourself. There's a good amount of people here who believe the Androids should be free, I'm pretty sure we even have a few Railroad agents hiding here, so don't go running your mouth. I, myself don't give a shit weather their free or not, doesn't bother me one bit. Anyway, I'd recommend you see a ghoul going by the name 'Anubis' he might know where you can find this Android, good luck, your'll need it here..." George begins walking down the road to the mayors office at the very end of the road, the two guards follow him.

You walk to the salon like he told you too, once you arrive you find a old style of doors like on the salons from 1900's you enter to find it very quiet with only 4-6 people stand around. You spot a ghoul sitting by the window with a glass of alcohol in his right hand. He watches you as you walk to him, you sit across from him as he finishes his drink.

["I was told you would know where i could find a runaway Android"]

"Why are you looking for this Android, what did they do to you...I'll help you find them, only if you pay me a good amount, or you find it in my heart to help you...Bad joke... I guess...There's more to worry about right now, then the fear of getting in trouble for not finding a missing Android, something you just get in the middle of...The good old mayor, George...He's not to friendly, he's a bad man, running a evil town, running it and it's people into the ground. He's being...Challenged by another person running for mayor, that way not sound like much but it's not a good thing, George won't give up the title of mayor without a fight, he's probably going have the other guy kille-" Anubis is cut short by the sound of a gun shot.

The two of you look out the window as the gates slowly open and someone walks inside with a gun to their back, the man holding the gun was one of the men who let you inside the settlement, he holds him down as the mayor walks to him, you can hear what the shout. "What the hell happened?!" George yelled. "He didn't want to hand over his weapons, once we get him to he started trying to make a run for it" The guard answered, the mayor reaches inside the man coat and pulls out a pistol. "Well, what do we have here, trying to cause some trouble..." The mayor looked at the gun and then grabbed hold of it by the muzzle of the gun, he started hitting the man with his own gun while the guard holds him down.

"Just...Just stay out of it, you don't want the same fate..." Anubis tells you right as you stand up. You could try to stop the beating, but you might get into a lot of trouble, or you could do what Anubis says.

[Stop the beating]

[Listen to Anubis and do what he says]

I'm very sorry for the long wait, hopefully this makes up for it.

• Thank you!

[Stop the beating] Excellent Chapter!!!!!

• [Stop the beating]

Excellent Chapter!!!!!

Chapter 5 [Go north to the large settlement called Lawrence] You make your way to Lawrence, once you arrive you find yourself at a l

• [Stop the beating]

As much as I think Anubis is right with his warning, I can't just vote for doing nothing.

Chapter 5 [Go north to the large settlement called Lawrence] You make your way to Lawrence, once you arrive you find yourself at a l

• [Stop the beating]

• [Stop the beating]

Awesome chapter!

• I've played bits and pieces of both Fallout 3 and New Vegas so I'll give this a try.

Name: Wolfius

Race: Caucasian

Appearance: Half of his face is rather ghoul-like which has a green glow emanating from it, bedraggled dark blonde hair which is tucked under a top hat, enclave hellfire power armour, 7 ft tall

Personality: Sly, aggressive, loyal to friends

Backstory: Unknown

• Thank you. :)

TheFurryOne posted: »

I've played bits and pieces of both Fallout 3 and New Vegas so I'll give this a try. Name: Wolfius Age: 37 Gender: Male Race: Ca

• [Listen to Anubis and do what he says]

Of course I gotta back up my main man.

Awesome chapter as always!

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.