Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Yeah, 'hidden residual native american powerz' is definitely a trope. It's pulling the old 'omg...THIS HOTEL WAS BUILT ON AN INDIAN BURIAL GROUND! THATS WHY ALL THIS WEIRD SHITS BEEN HAPPENING!'.

I'd rather her just actually have the ability to reverse time. Don't see why it has to be because of tribes.

A trope? Seriously? What would you have her have?....

• What?

The land used to belong to Native Americans, sorry if culture is a thing you hate. This is history, these legends, they make the world feel more immersive.

You would rather her have some unexplained power than a reasonable explanation?

Flog61 posted: »

Yeah, 'hidden residual native american powerz' is definitely a trope. It's pulling the old 'omg...THIS HOTEL WAS BUILT ON AN INDIAN BURIAL G

• edited February 2015

Sorry but there's no reasonable explanation for having the pwoer to turn back time. It's magic, it can happen however and wherever, and it being caused by Native Americans is a trope.

Our land used to belong to the Romans. Somehow british literature doesn't contain frequent reference to the legends of antiquity as explanations for unexplainable circumstances.

I love the culture, it's absolutely fascinating. But making it always inspire magic makes them more 'other'.

I'm not making this up. It's a genuinely recorded trope. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicalNativeAmerican

http://allthetropes.wikia.com/wiki/Magical_Native_American

http://newspaperrock.bluecorncomics.com/2009/09/magical-native-tv-trope.htm

http://arcana.wikidot.com/magical-native-american

https://ladygeekgirl.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/oh-my-pop-culture-religion-native-american-religion-in-pop-culture/
    You're being quite aggressive towards me lately, I'd request that you stop please :)

What? The land used to belong to Native Americans, sorry if culture is a thing you hate. This is history, these legends, they make the world feel more immersive. You would rather her have some unexplained power than a reasonable explanation?

• I'm going to just give up trying to convince you anything...

You're being quite aggressive towards me lately, I'd request that you stop please :)

I don't see it but if I am, sorry...Everything's just been rough lately.

Sorry but there's no reasonable explanation for having the pwoer to turn back time. It's magic, it can happen however and wherever, and it b

• Turn down the graphics

ok I am having audio problem for pc stream venison for pc episode 1 life is strange. the audio gets repeated. a person says one sentence and gets repeated. this is really annoying and it is a dialog game. anyone else had this problem?

• That's fine. Unlike you guys on the other thread, I accept your apology, and hope things get better.

But dude, I did give you actual evidence that this is a trope. It'd be nice to actually discuss it; it's infuriating when people stop arguing as soon as the other person provides evidence.

I'm going to just give up trying to convince you anything... You're being quite aggressive towards me lately, I'd request that you stop please I don't see it but if I am, sorry...Everything's just been rough lately.

• Flog, I know you would like to keep this going but I really don't feel like it...I feel sick and depressed.

That's fine. Unlike you guys on the other thread, I accept your apology, and hope things get better. But dude, I did give you actual evid

• You should have said earlier, of course you don't have to.

Hope you feel better soon.

Flog, I know you would like to keep this going but I really don't feel like it...I feel sick and depressed.

• Sorry I didn't...I was resting and tired and...Just out of it.

Thanks.

You should have said earlier, of course you don't have to. Hope you feel better soon.

• Same applies to the other thread.

Sorry I didn't...I was resting and tired and...Just out of it. Thanks.

• He served his country, give him a break! Not anyone's cut to be a copper.

(In a voice of NPC)

And David isn't a cop :P

• You're not supposed to be playing it.

• I'm talking about the license plate, it said "BRKBD" or something to that extent anyway. I'm pretty sure that's an obvious easter egg now. :P

Anukai posted: »

lol it showed the guy open the rv door at the end of the episode so it might not actually be a breaking bad reference though. that guy might

• So what happened?

pratikrockz posted: »

sometimes ign is stupid it was a great game

• already tried that, didn't worked but thanks

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Turn down the graphics

• How did you get episode 2?

• go off fullscreen

already tried that, didn't worked but thanks

• French creation is too American. Damn it Volkswagen!

ImUrban posted: »

I didn't really like it...I found it quite.....boring. I wanted to turn it off halfway through it was just so 'American' and stupid. It w

• It's been leaked, according to the people who hacked it and have played it it's buggy and unfinished in some areas but still playable, even the episode 3 choices were leaked. I'll most likely be avoiding a lot of discussion on the game for a while.

Cope49 posted: »

How did you get episode 2?

• nothing happen just waiting for 2nd episode

Celestia posted: »

So what happened?

• That was the second thing I've tried. it didn't work but thanks for the advice.

#TeamSarah posted: »

go off fullscreen

• There's also an otter. "The Otters" is name of the school swim team.

The nature of Max's of power has peaked my interest and I decided to go do some investigating, even with little possible findings. But I thi

• I'm too curious, but I will take the official episode 2 when it release, of course, I bought it.
    I think I have the right to it ._.

... Well your not meant to be playing it. Do people have no self control with these things?

• I already played, there's no back.
    Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil this place.
    But, seriously, EP1 is better than EP2 in my opinion.

CathalOHara posted: »

You're not supposed to be playing it.

• edited February 2015

4Chan.
    EDIT:People there called the game:
    Indie lesbians interactive movie. '-'

Cope49 posted: »

How did you get episode 2?

• Eh, a lot of things are tropes. For example: Skyrim has its protagonist destined to slay a dragon. I ain't too big on Native stuff but I guess it's better than radiation from a nuclear power plant, aliens invading earth, monsters being created, zombies making humans exinct, ghosts(hmm... not bad, but I don't see how they could work with this game) winning the battle in thriller films, and etc. which has been done a lot more often, for this game at least it's better. I do believe however that tropes can be good. If executed well, then it can make the story even more entertaining(I just hope they don't always shove it into our faces about it though, it can get tiresome after a while).

Ugh, that's such a trope. Hope it isn't true, but good theory.

• Welcome to the internet generation. Find what you want, when you want, how you want. Patience and self control have disappeared with that sadly.

Personally, I'm not interested in something that's not ready to be seen and is hacked. I'll wait till SquareEnix release it :D

... Well your not meant to be playing it. Do people have no self control with these things?

• Yeah...4chan...such a lovely balanced and well thought of site with no sexism or bad reputation what so ever...

VectorXP posted: »

4Chan. EDIT:People there called the game: Indie lesbians interactive movie. '-'

• Lol! :v

Revec posted: »

Yeah...4chan...such a lovely balanced and well thought of site with no sexism or bad reputation what so ever...

• I thought Nathan was more interesting

I really enjoyed this. Not sure about the overarching story though, for the moment. I really hope they do something interesting with Victoria's character.

• I experienced the same thing, but for me it managed to sort itself out within the first 15-20 mins

ok I am having audio problem for pc stream venison for pc episode 1 life is strange. the audio gets repeated. a person says one sentence and gets repeated. this is really annoying and it is a dialog game. anyone else had this problem?

• Patience is a nuisance.

Revec posted: »

Welcome to the internet generation. Find what you want, when you want, how you want. Patience and self control have disappeared with that sa

• That's disappointing. I'm going to chalk that up to it being unpolished though :p

I already played, there's no back. Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil this place. But, seriously, EP1 is better than EP2 in my opinion.

• Agreed.

Patience is a nuisance.

• Even knowing that is annoying to be honest.

I already played, there's no back. Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil this place. But, seriously, EP1 is better than EP2 in my opinion.

• edited February 2015

Nah, it's well playable and even maintains the level of the first episode ... but episode 2 has not so much emotion as the first. I'm holding me to not* read the spoilers of the third episode ...

That's disappointing. I'm going to chalk that up to it being unpolished though

• That kind of stuff happened to me on my old computer, especially with Telltale stuff, never found a solution, but I got a new computer so games now work for me.

• Who sets these rules?

CathalOHara posted: »

You're not supposed to be playing it.

• This happened to me only in the first 5 minutes I think, in the classroom. Have you seen if this still happens after this scene?

• You certainly have the right too, but it's kind of silly to do it. Who wants to play a glitchy buggy mess?

I'm too curious, but I will take the official episode 2 when it release, of course, I bought it. I think I have the right to it ._.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.