The Nights of the Past (Interactive Story)

Comments

• Well shit.

I want to share a Writer's Notes: If you all would've went to the roof instead of the back exit then Amelia would've lived.

• Yeah, would've changed the episode a lot.

mr.quality posted: »

Well shit.

• Not sure how this will help your writting but ok

Favorite character: Not sure theres just so many good ones

Least favorite: Im not sure about this one either. Im still pissed off by Henries dumb plan but the character himself is'nt disslikable. He also seemed more likable in the last part but that might just be the fact that he barely had a presence. And then we have Leon and John these two seem morally grey. Leon wants to protect his people but his methods are to show a harsh reality ( possibly due to his military training in which harsh methods were mostlikely done to convay messages) to people who mostlikely will see him in a worse light. But again hes doing it so that people may learn and be safe so its hard to muster any REAL hatred of the character. And John seems a little TOO into the killing of Cryer Amelia but that might just be due to the stress hes gone through with most militia leaving and the deaths of so many.

Favorite moment: Any moment with character interactions ( yes i know im cheating)

Most shocking moment: Amelia is bit ( i never saw it coming i thought the roof choice would end up killing someone)

Saddest moment: Amelias execution. This moment really hit me because.......no one wants this. Leon is all leader tough but he really cared for this person and is only doing this to show everyone that cryers HAVE to be delt with. John dosent want this either. Yeah hes happy to do it but do you really think he woke up this morning and said "Oh i just wish that someone got bit and died so i got to put them down". He is happy he can show everyone what has to be done but i highly doubt he wanted any of this for Amelia. So really no one is happy with this but it HAS to be done its kinda shocking.

Predictions: if you want i could pm you a few.

Alright so now that Episode 1 is finished, I have a few questions for all you readers. Answering these will probably help my writing. *

• Parkour saves lifes.

I want to share a Writer's Notes: If you all would've went to the roof instead of the back exit then Amelia would've lived.

• I'm actually glad you did this. I'm so happy when people read my stories and don't just put people into a morally right or morally wrong stance as you have to see It from their perspective.

Yes, PM me, now you have a clean slate to make predictions.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Not sure how this will help your writting but ok Favorite character: Not sure theres just so many good ones Least favorite: Im not sur

• Well, I wouldn't say that exactly. It's just in my mind, since the whole bottom floor of the building is covered then heading up to clear levels means less of a threat. If they can make it to the top then they can block themselves off from the Criers and then find a safer way away from them all.

You have to get into my mind. :P

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Parkour saves lifes.

• Parkour is the answer to everything, you just gotta figure out how to apply parkour to the situation at hand.

But being trapped on a roof doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

Well, I wouldn't say that exactly. It's just in my mind, since the whole bottom floor of the building is covered then heading up to clear le

• Better than being in the middle of a crowd of blood thirty ravenous monsters always looking for a healthy person to rip into shreads and devour.

Trapped on a roof, safely>In the middle of bloodthirsty monsters.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Parkour is the answer to everything, you just gotta figure out how to apply parkour to the situation at hand. But being trapped on a roof doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

• Good point.

Better than being in the middle of a crowd of blood thirty ravenous monsters always looking for a healthy person to rip into shreads and devour. Trapped on a roof, safely>In the middle of bloodthirsty monsters.

• Wow thanks. I just thought about it a bit and there not really evil they just have to play roles or relieve stress. Leon has to keep up apearences so that people wont see him as a weak leader. And John like i said is probably really stresed out. Henry is just kinda stupid but he tries his best and dosent purpasely kill anyone.

And i will give me so mins.

I'm actually glad you did this. I'm so happy when people read my stories and don't just put people into a morally right or morally wrong sta

• Everyone has a role to play, even if that means that people they love hate them for it.

Wow thanks. I just thought about it a bit and there not really evil they just have to play roles or relieve stress. Leon has to keep up apea

• Awesome Chapter!!!

Memories 1-28 Desmond- I'm going to go to the Courtyard just for some air and then I'll come back and we can sex it up all up in here.

1. Amber(gonna fuck her)/Shouna
    2. John
    3. Desmond and his dirty talk xd
    4. Amelia´s execution
    5. The same as 4
    6. Another of Desmond´s friends (Jack , Jonas , Amber , Steph) is gonna die. Probaby Jack

Alright so now that Episode 1 is finished, I have a few questions for all you readers. Answering these will probably help my writing. *

• 1.Amber(gonna fuck her)/

Sagig pls.

supersagig posted: »

* Amber(gonna fuck her)/Shouna * John * Desmond and his dirty talk xd * Amelia´s execution * The same as 4 * Another of Desmond´s friends (Jack , Jonas , Amber , Steph) is gonna die. Probaby Jack

• XD. But still being my favourite :P

1.Amber(gonna fuck her)/ Sagig pls.

• 1. Hard question. I'm bad at choosing one favourite character. Desmond was great and that comes from someone who normally likes secondary characters more than main characters. I also really liked Sydney, Amber, Amelia and even though I find it lazy to choose my own, Katherine was really cool and Leon had his moments. For some strange reason, I even like Jamie. He is a bit douchey, but I enjoy that he is really bizarre. All in all, I like most, if not all of the characters.

2. Now I have to say, Lord's response made me think about this a bit. I know that Leon is not a bad guy and he did plenty of really good stuff, like defying the commander's orders. Even though his methods were really extreme, I can understand his intentions. John has his flaws as well, but I think he is an okay person at heart. I don't really think I have a least favourite character at this moment, maybe after the next Episode.

3. The Reapers at the Police Station were really intense, but so was the shootout in which Desmond got shot.

4. Amelia getting bit, especially since I, like Lord, thought that the rooftop choice would be the more dangerous one.

5. The execution was pretty harsh, given everyone's reactions to it and especially Leon giving Desmond Amelia's dogtag.

6. The execution might have been too brutal for some people and this could lead to problems. I also assume that we haven't seen the last of the military.

• I have quite a thing planned for Jamie, although I don't know if it will happen in Episode 2 or 3.

1. Hard question. I'm bad at choosing one favourite character. Desmond was great and that comes from someone who normally likes secondary ch

• edited March 2015

Well to be honest no offece meant to Amelias creator but i honestly think this was better. Yeah i normaly go rambles on why EVERY character must live and why we should'nt kill them even if they're villains ( Which is a pain to covince people of). And i legitly hate it when determinats die (My main goal in telltale games is "Make sure not to get any determinants killed" which belive it or not is HARD to make sure that everyone lives and i probably have to look forward to sparing whitehill which wont be easy). But Amelia needed to die just for the execution. It fleshes characters out and it gives us reasons to CARE for them (not that there werent A LOT all ready)

Think of it like this. Anyone can write an apocalypse story. But the difference between a good apocalypse story and a bad apocalypse story is this: Charcter invesment. Because in the end zombie apocalypse arent about zombies ( well the good zombie apocalypse stories) theire about the people that are still alive. And the best ones are the ones where you care about the characters and want them to live. And whats a good way to make that happen...tragety. Think about this if some one lives in the apocalypse and fases no tragety then whats the point?

I don't want Lee to die because of who he is and all the horrible stuff that happened to him i want him to live to see the sun again. To live past the apocalypse and into the better world that would come from it and too live MANY years and die peacefully of old age by Clems side knowing that she would be safe. And the opposite works too. If you see a monster like Carver killing good people for stupid reasons then you keep to the story because you want him to get his come upens. Im sad that Amelia died but in the end it made the story better and defined characters. It also made us worry for the characters. Think about it do you want any of Desmonds group to be publicly executed next?

• Wow, I love this, I love that my stories can create such an emotional reaction as this. Wow.

I'm just going to say one thing to that last question you asked...I'm going to introduce someone next episode who you all will...Have an opinion about, I don't know if it'll be good or bad.

Well to be honest no offece meant to Amelias creator but i honestly think this was better. Yeah i normaly go rambles on why EVERY character

• Thanks i just really liked it

Introduced means hasent shown up before right?

Wow, I love this, I love that my stories can create such an emotional reaction as this. Wow. I'm just going to say one thing to that last

• Yes, this person hasn't shown up yet.

Thanks i just really liked it Introduced means hasent shown up before right?

• Cool

Yes, this person hasn't shown up yet.

• Haven 2-1

2 Months Later

A small back door busts open in a quiet gun store. Four people run in and start grabbing everything they can. Five people run past the door in the back through a back alleyway. The people come into the sunlight. Desmond, Henry, Sydney, and Shouna are grabbig everything.

Desmond- Alright everyone! Hurry! Team two will be finished soon and they're going to the SuperMarket and we will have to back them up.

Henry- Sir yes sir!

Desmond- Never thought I hear that from you Henry.

Henry- It was more sarcasm than anything.

Henry and Desmond laugh. Henry grabs a lot of pistols and rifles. Sydney grabs a lot of ammo along with Shouna.

Desmond- Someone grab some of those hunting coats. Winter will be upon us soon, the leaves are already changing and I can feel the cool air.

Desmond and Shouna go and grab some jackets and some food from the vending machine. They all then run into the alleyway.

Sydney- We sure got lucky with no Criers this run!

Shouna- Probably all at the SuperMarket. Did you all hear about the Military trying to set up a Safe Zone there again and it got over ran.

Henry- At least it wasn't the damn Reapers this time around.

Desmond- Those people...Ugh...They have been making more and more of a foothold downtown.

Henry- Leaches.

The group soon gets to a fire escape and runs up it. They get to the roof where James is camped out with a rifle. Sydney lays down rifle ammo and James loads his rifle.

James- Good timing everyone! I'll give the signil to everyone else.

Henry- Did you take a different route?

James- Yeah, sorry I wasn't with the main group.

Henry- You're safe and that's what counts.

Everyone lays down on the roof and sees Violet, Michael, Steve, Katherine, and John down by a small police van. They then look towards the SuperMarket where the face of a battlefield is the parking lot. The actual SuperMarket is blown to hell and Criers are spotted walking around the Parking Lot. James gives the signil of a flare gun. The 2nd group runs into the parking lot.

Sydney- Not as many Criers as we thought.

Shouna- Don't be too cocky. These fuckers are sneaky.

Henry- Shouna's right. Even up here we need to be careful.

Desmond and the roof team watch as James picks off Criers as the team runs through the parking lot. Desmond looks at the pile of rifles and pistols.

Desmond- Shit...We need to get these back to the Safe Zone.

James- Well when they come back they'll have a shit ton of Criers on them. I need a second person up here to help. Hell maybe a third to protect us when we try to get out of here.

Henry- I'll man a rifle.

James- No. You're stronger than all of us, you'll have to move a lot of these guns back. I personally want Shouna having my back.

Shouna- Sure I'll stay but who will protect us.

Sydney- What about it Desmond? you're the leader, who will stay? Me or you...

Choice

[Transport the guns with Henry]

[Protect James and Shouna]

• [Protect James and Shouna]

PLEASE GO WITH SHOUNA U.U

Great start for a chapter and episode!

Haven 2-1 2 Months Later A small back door busts open in a quiet gun store. Four people run in and start grabbing everything they can.

• [Protect James and Shouna]

Haven 2-1 2 Months Later A small back door busts open in a quiet gun store. Four people run in and start grabbing everything they can.

• HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

AMAZING star Golden bro

• [Transport the guns with Henry]

• [Transport the guns with Henry]

• Haven 2-2

Desmond- We will transport the guns.

Sydney- Alright. Leave me a big one.

Henry and Desmond run over and pick up multiple guns and sling them around their shoulders and onto their backs. They both pick up pistols and put them into holsters. Henry grabs a bag of ammo and Desmond runs over to the edge of the roof.

Desmond- You guys know where we're going?

Sydeny- All the cars where we dropped off.

Desmond- Yeah, we will secure the area and be ready for when you all bring the party.

Henry- Alright, we know the plan! Sydney, I love you.

Sydney- I love you too.

Henry and Desmond go down the fire escape and through the alleys.

Henry- Good luck we have here.

Desmond- It's only good luck until we have to fight our way out.

Henry- True enough.

Henry and Desmond soon turn a corner and see two men with assault rifle talking outside of a building. The men see them and turn the rifles on them and so does Henry and Desmond.

Henry- Shit...They're Reapers.

Reaper- Looky what we have here. Two bandits going on a gun run.

Henry- Wait a damn second here! Bandits?!

Reaper- Reaper? Is that what you assholes call us?

Desmond- How the hell are we bandits?

A man soon walks outside of the building cleaning a revolver. He is in a brown jacket with jeans and leather shoes. He has slick brown hair and deep blue eyes. He is shocked to see Desmond and Henry.

Henry- Holy fuck..It's Connor Thompson...The Leader of the Reapers.

The man talks in a calm and soothing voice.

Connor- Hello? Nice to know I'm well known around the city.

Henry- As a Reaper!

Connor- Oh yes, I'm quite aware of your name for us. Speaking of which I was actually lucky to run into you all. Please, lower your weapons.

Desmond- Why? So you can shoot us or kidnap us?

Connor- Wow, calm down there. I just wanted to talk without the risk of a shootout. I wanted to ask you all to deliever a message back to your little safe zone.

Henry- We're not doing a damn thing you say.

Connor- At least listen to the offer first, my friend. I want you all to head back to your place and ask the people there if they would like to join Haven. It's a lovely place, we have tall walls made out of steel from the local Industrial District, we have tons of food...We have people of all ages and genders and backgrounds, we have protection...Everything you all need to be safe.

Henry- Bullshit!

Connor- It is not. We don't need to live in a world of survival of the fittest. I'm trying to rebuild order in a world gone mad. Where we don't need to fight everyday, where we don't need to have the fear of death everyday at the hands of Criers, or bandits, or your own friends. Trust me, I know that you all might not be so welcome there...After of course, your little massacre of my men at that Police Station. You know they had families, friends, and other people that cared about them...Those people are still mourning.

Desmond- Hold on a minute, your men were ready to execute Police Officers!

Connor- Oh, You don't know why we were doing that? What those men did-

Henry- You also destroyed entire Safe Zones full of innocent people!

Connor- Hold on a second, calm down. I don't know what you mean.

Henry- Bullshit! Now, we're going to leave if you like it or not!

Connor- Feel free, I wasn't keeping you here. I would like you to pass on my message to your leaders. Please, I don't want anymore bloodshed.

Henry- Fuck no.

Connor- Sir, please.

Henry- Kiss my ass you bandit piece of shit!

Henry storms off and the Reapers prepare to shoot him but Connor waves them off to stop. Desmond stands still in front of them.

Connor- You. You seem like a nice and smart kid. Can you please pass onto your leaders my message, and please put in a good word.

Choice

[Fuck no]

[I'll pass the message on but I'm not praising you]

[I'll pass on the message and I'll put in a good word]

• Man you gave me a heart attack with this. I though you werent posting anymore man you are full off supprises.

Connor............well the last character with that name in a story i joined isnt exactly a "Nice guy" ( I should know i made him afther all) but ill give Tommy here the benefit of the doubt. TIME FOR ANALYSIS.

Ok so it seems Henry is in love good for him (Maybe it will make him consider things better). Also i notice hes very Kenny like in this part with the rash actions not sure if thats good or bad. Now the choice. Telling him to "Fuck off" is probably the worst choice here. The guy might be friend-ish but i don't think hell take insult well. But suggar coating what he says is off the books. However it would be stupid to not consider it . So in my opinion following my logic this is the best option here:

I'LL PASS THE MESSAGE BUT IM NOT PRASING YOU

Haven 2-2 Desmond- We will transport the guns. Sydney- Alright. Leave me a big one. Henry and Desmond run over and pick up multiple

• Well Henry and Sydney are dating.

Man you gave me a heart attack with this. I though you werent posting anymore man you are full off supprises. Connor............well the

• Cool im happy for him

Well Henry and Sydney are dating.

• Like i said in my no one is trully evil here thing i think hes stupid but i don't hate him i hate how stupid he is.

I thought you didn't like Henry?

• I thought you didn't like Henry?

Cool im happy for him

• ...............no words?

I thought you didn't like Henry?

• Or maybe I died.

...............no words?

• Ok then.....But seriously no words?

Or maybe I died.

• You're right, no one is truly evil...But people do evil things...As you will see.

Ok then.....But seriously no words?

• Oh don't worry im fully aware

You're right, no one is truly evil...But people do evil things...As you will see.

• [I'll pass on the message and I'll put in a good word] Let´s play little bitch Desmond :P

Awesome Chapter!!

Haven 2-2 Desmond- We will transport the guns. Sydney- Alright. Leave me a big one. Henry and Desmond run over and pick up multiple

Sign in to comment in this discussion.