Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• This forum also will turn into a COD forum with ages from 6 to 12.

At this point, having some 12 year olds around here could be an improvement. After the temper tantrums some people were throwing yesterday, I don't have much faith in these forums. Telltale is trying something different. Sure, there's reason for scepticism, but we don't even know what the game will be about yet. People should wait for some actual information before making a judgement. Have an open mind.

Personally, I'm optimistic about Minecraft: Story Mode, and I don't even like Minecraft. This is an opportunity for the writers at Telltale to really go all out. There's not much existing lore in Minecraft, and that's a good thing. It means that Telltale has to come up with something original for a change. Yeah, they could screw it up. But after the brilliant writing I've seen displayed over the past few years, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

As for a second TWAU season, I don't want to see Telltale turn into the Walking Dead / Wolf Among Us studio. That would truly be the new Ubisoft, who push out a new Assassin's Creed every year. I want to see Telltale constantly trying new things, taking risks, and going in new directions.

• I know that I, and probably the majority of the fanbased, are biased towards the more mature games because that's how most people got introduced to Telltale after the big success of The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. I'm not completely saying it can't be good, but I don't expect it to be good and would rather have them continue on with their streak of mature hitgames since I will most likely enjoy that far more than a game based on Minecraft.

Jennifer posted: »

My personal favorite Telltale game so far is an E for Everyone game series based on Wallace & Gromit, so it definitely doesn't have to b

• I don't see Telltale making a game that will not have a good story. I don't see Minecraft succeeding in getting a good story is what I'm trying to say, which for me, is most likely because the game is more focused on kids. If you look at the majority of games, the games with an excellent story are most likely M-rated and I don't see the majority of the existing fanbase enjoying a good story when Telltale has games with outstanding stories. I just want Telltale to continue their streak of hitgames, but I think this Minecraft serie will turn out to be disappointing for at least their exising fanbase.

Rob_K posted: »

Somehow, I don't think it's really about making a 'good' story with the Minecraft IP. Rather, it's about making a 'fun' story/game. (Maybe I

• Well said.

The only real justification in my eyes for what's occurred is that people are hurt/disappointed they're not getting the game they want. If that's the case, it doesn't excuse how people have acted, but I can understand it at least. If it's any other reason? I can't. Or well, I can, but there's no real justification, though I understand being skeptical. It's just when people state it like a fact that the game cannot be good.

And I do think Telltale do deserve some acknowledgement for trying different things. They could have certainly picked something easier than Minecraft from a narrative perspective, though I think that might end up being the game's strength as they'll be quite free to tell a 'fun' story (even if it's non-sensical).

mosfet posted: »

This forum also will turn into a COD forum with ages from 6 to 12. At this point, having some 12 year olds around here could be an i

• edited December 2014

That I agree with. At least when it comes to 'good story' in the more traditional sense.

I'm sure they'll just focus on making us laugh and have a good time, even if the story itself isn't great. Never viewed a good story as being necessary for comedy, as it's more about the writing and gags. Making you laugh and have a good time. At least in my view anyway.

LineLiar posted: »

I don't see Telltale making a game that will not have a good story. I don't see Minecraft succeeding in getting a good story is what I'm try

• If they want to make a game for younger gamers, what's the big deal?

• Is there a source saying it'll be a game for younger gamers?

KCohere posted: »

If they want to make a game for younger gamers, what's the big deal?

• Im talking about people complaining about the "immature" fans which I took to mean 13 and under. I dont know anything about the game. Ive never played Minecraft that I can recall.

Omid's cat posted: »

Is there a source saying it'll be a game for younger gamers?

• nothing about minecraft is ''MATURE'' so yeah. they dont even need to rate this. it'll be E for Every kid in the block to enjoy, not me though. i will pass on this one.

Is there a source saying it'll be a game for younger gamers?

• Do you have more informations about this game? Since we don't know nothing yet, TTG can do with it's Minecraft whatever they want. It may even be about sex and booze.

Mercyva posted: »

nothing about minecraft is ''MATURE'' so yeah. they dont even need to rate this. it'll be E for Every kid in the block to enjoy, not me though. i will pass on this one.

• If you're looking for actual confirmation, you won't find any yet. It's entirely possible that Minecraft: Story Mode will be about sex and booze. But Telltale and Mojang have said that Minecraft: Story Mode will be "inspired by the Minecraft community." To me, that says that Telltale's Minecraft will be family-friendly.

Do you have more informations about this game? Since we don't know nothing yet, TTG can do with it's Minecraft whatever they want. It may even be about sex and booze.

• Family-friendly Minecraft community? I'm not sure what they meant but I'm not Minecraft expert.

mosfet posted: »

If you're looking for actual confirmation, you won't find any yet. It's entirely possible that Minecraft: Story Mode will be about sex and b

• They should of done Breaking Bad. :(

• Completely agree.

Civilian posted: »

They should of done Breaking Bad.

• Right on! That is the spirit. No need to be "prejudiced" over a game before release.

You're right. People prejudge and then up pleasantly surprised.

• I'm not expert in Minecraft either. But from what I've seen, the community is dominated by kids. The fact that Telltale has said they will be influenced by the Minecraft community means their game will likely be kid-friendly.

Family-friendly Minecraft community? I'm not sure what they meant but I'm not Minecraft expert.

• LOL! I'm not saying I want to halt the production of this game. I'm just giving an insight ofw why I think it won't work well.

I think you remind me of this guy

• Wise words, sir.

• The big deal is that it will be very immature, and that is totally not what I and (probably) the majority of the fanbase wants. The majority of this fanbase came from games like The Walking Dead and probably Game of Thrones as well. The existing fanbase won't be waiting as much for a kids game and would love a mature game instead. The fact that it will be inspired by the Minecraft community might or might not make it even worse. That's why I think it's a big deal. I don't want a kids game with some comedy ''OK'' story. I want a compelling M-rated excellent story based on material more mature gamers will like more than some Minecraft game. That is where (I think) all the hate is coming from.

If they want to make a game for younger gamers, what's the big deal?

• edited December 2014

I don't know why everyone wants Breaking Bad so much. SPOILERS FOR BREAKING BAD Walts story is over, and the universe it takes place in the same universe we take place in, so it wouldn't be very unique or interesting, and it wouldn't even be Breaking Bad. And don't give me the Jesse thing, I wouldn't want an entire Telltale season dedicated to what happens to Jesse, I think they left it perfectly where they did.

• Really? This is what happens when I leave the forum for a week? WTF?

• I like Wallace and Gromit a lot too. It's very good.

Jennifer posted: »

My personal favorite Telltale game so far is an E for Everyone game series based on Wallace & Gromit, so it definitely doesn't have to b

• So they migrated the hate threads, and now it looks like everybody likes it.

• edited December 2014

Thread: Telltale Games = TT Games

http://www.ttgames.com - the guys who made most of the Lego games

These companies are really acting the same. That means pick up a popular franchise, make a game with no gameplay inovations, repeat.

I really didn't mind their games are mostly interactive movies before, but they really pissed me off with this announcement. Do you think that 10 years old kids want to play a story-based adventure game with a lack of gameplay?

• The very first one + one of the latest Vanaman interviews

That's interesting. Which Quarterly Review do they mention that on?

• latin as there are no native speakers of it

I had to learn the language in was in Catholic school.

Flog61 posted: »

Haha, no-one really 'speaks' latin as there are no native speakers of it :P I can't recommend enough The Aeneid, by Publius Vergilius Mar

• Why not make a game about the Better Call Saul spinoff? :p

Green613 posted: »

I don't know why everyone wants Breaking Bad so much. SPOILERS FOR BREAKING BAD Walts story is over, and the universe it takes place in the

• I've always wanted to see what happened to Jesse after Walt saved him, even if Green doesn't want it, I think it has potential.

Why not make a game about the Better Call Saul spinoff?

• They're already infecting the forums as we speak, I thought we had more time to prepare, all is lost.

Jewfreeus posted: »

a gateway for all the minecraft kiddies yea great......

• TellTale has to at least try to reach out to multiple demographics. It's an episodic gaming company. You can't just rely on one type of story style if you are a game company and want to be around for the long run. Just imagine if Nintendo just did Mario-themed games or if Valve Software just did Half-Life games as an example (work with me on the Valve reference). I personally probably won't play the Minecraft game, but I'm sure my mother's elementary school aged daycare kids will love it if they hear about it.

As a matter of fact, if the aim is to get younger players hooked onto TellTale Games, then this move has the potential to be genius. Considering that some parents complain that there are too many violent games and not enough good "kid-friendly" games, this Minecraft could have the potential to appeal to both parents and children. The only hurdle they have is trying to get kids to sit down and focus long enough for a point-and-click games. Again, this is assuming the Minecraft game is to widen TellTales fan-base. If I'm wrong, then only then will I fully question this move. As of now, we have zero information that can confirm nor deny my theory or anyone else's. Let's just sit back and wait for more information.

TL;DR: TellTale has to try to widen its fan-base if it wants to last. Let's wait for more info to determine who this game is directed to.

LineLiar posted: »

The big deal is that it will be very immature, and that is totally not what I and (probably) the majority of the fanbase wants. The majority

• For real though. People are reacting prematurely. We have little information to base anything off of.

I think you remind me of this guy

• Yup, wish they spent resources making a game people would be happy that they were making

• People who were fans of Telltale's older, puzzle-oriented comedy titles said the same thing when Walking Dead was announced. I get that some people are concerned with kids coming to the forums, but Telltale doesn't have to cater exclusively to people of one audience. Telltale also made a game based off of the Strong Bad web cartoon before back in 2008, which I imagine also brought kids to the forums back then. (I was a fan of Telltale back then, but I didn't follow the forums until a few years later.)

Poogers555 posted: »

Yup, wish they spent resources making a game people would be happy that they were making

• edited December 2014

WELL THE TRUE WAS SPOKEN

I agreed 100% with you and never like cubic world never played, minecraft don't have a story, telltalegame it making a joke they are better then this I KNOW IT

My friends that like minecraft say they won't play :)) it should be a joke for sure...
    There are so much great story to tell, and you losing time with this? Shame on you, this is pointless... If this game is really true I will lost faith in telltalegames, well is like telling story of a black hole... it is POINTLESS, POINTLESS I SAY.

I SUGGEST TRYING TO USE MARIO FOR STORY it is better.... not really but instead you can create your on story about what so ever

• no shit, best tv show i saw in a while + telltale knows how to make the story more alive with you making choices and changing the story !

• Just because YOU don't love it... doesn't mean no one will love it.

• Well, this game looks like absolute shit. What the fuck happened to Telltale? Talk about milking popular franchises...making an interactive story game off fucking Minecraft is probably the most blatant cash grab I've seen in sometime.

Whats next: CoD? Need for Speed? Maybe we can get an interactive story about Mario?

Until you guys start making quality games like TWD Season 1, I'm done with your company.

Let's be honest here...TWAU Episode 1+3 were great, but the rest of that series was awful. TWD Season 2 was a total clusterfuck that had no idea what it was trying to do. Can't speak on GOT and TFBL, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends in the same fashion.

• No, what's sick in the head are the commentors and reactors who threaten physical violence on the kid for getting angry, and people like zeke who share a desire to harass them if they see them online to encourage the behavior. Again, they're a CHILD. When I was a child, I was brought up in a homophobic family, luckily ,I broke out of that in my teens. I thank my sheltered life that let me watch "teen" shows involving homosexual relationships and the like, that let me accept them as the truth and see there's nothing wrong with it.

Parenting is to blame, but so is the video uploader.

AWESOMEO posted: »

No amount of teasing is ok to make a human being this racist, to the point he cheers on a guy to commit suicide. That kid is sick in the head, and it's to blame on a couple of things, especially the parenting.

This discussion has been closed.