Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• I agree 100% with you, GP. So many things that could be so much better than Minecraft, all of them passed up. Why Minecraft? What reasonable explanation could there be for having this idea in the first place?

• dude its not comparable to TWD or Borderlands or whatever
    Minecraft is a joke and that Telltale wants to make develop a Story set in that universe
    is stupid

Thread: And the cycle continues lol They announce a new series, it's already hated.... I like how everyone is jumping the bandwa

• i really dont like this, but i got to say i am intrigued by this. i mean wtf can they they make of this??? remember this is them almost going back to their roots, you know doing cartoon like shit like this. now why i dont like this is whats the point? i mean whats the point of minecraft? the whole game is overrated. " ohhh its for imaginary people" im fucking imaginative, and created some cool shit, but it gets boring. sims is almost the same shit but with a point. i will not but this, but i will look into it, it just curious how it might turn out like

• Alright, I think that's good on the grammar discussion guys. Please try to stay on topic from here on out. Thanks.

Flog61 posted: »

Did you even read his comment? Your sentence should say 'Should have done Breaking Bad'. That is the exact same number of words.

• then why are you still here??? if you dont enjoy any of the games from TT then get out, quit bitching there is enough of that in this shit

TWAU were awesome yeah maybe if you're simple and like really plain "murder mystery" games TFTBL, GOT were awesome They're not even finished

• i can agree with this

bloop posted: »

the worst thing is if this is releasing next to twd s3 then we got a problem here The only title that should released along side with TWDS3 is TWAUS2, it deserves it.

• You know, I came home from a pretty decent day at school. I only have one exam left and then i'm done. Nice and easy right. Then I open up internet and saw this horseshit on my PC screen that lied before me.

Minecraft Story Mode it said...

Alt text

This tells me that TTG is losing its eye for quality and just want more $$$$$$$$. Cause Minecraft is one hell of a mainstream game , and I can just seeeee TT rushing this one due them working on 3 maybe 4 games as once (THERE JUST ONE COMPANY FOR HEAVENS SAKE!!) and/or just out of pure laziness and dosh.

I really hope this doesn't become the "new" TT...

EA's theme song

• I know some people are excited. But for me.....

Alt text

• ok y this y not starwars

• Many felt the exact same way about Tales From The Borderlands myself included past and present.

jamex1223 posted: »

i really dont like this, but i got to say i am intrigued by this. i mean wtf can they they make of this??? remember this is them almost goin

• Thread: Why?

I understand that people may not like Minecraft, nor do they like Telltale making a game out of it. I understand. That, however, does not give us users the right to completely hate on it before it's released. Telltale has been making games for years; they know what they're doing. If they decide to make a Minecraft oriented game, then so be it. But until we actually see some things from the game, we shouldn't be dissing it immediately. In short, don't hate it before you see it.

• Well, there is no use for this thread as there is an apology thread now.

• It's their opinion. Opinions are not wrong, nor right.

• True but opinions can be meaningless in a bunch of cases. No matter how much some may openly chant in disapproval of TTG making Mine Craft, they will still most likely make it anyhow.. As they had to figure that, there is a large enough fan-base following for Mine-craft, to warrant producing a game based on Mine Craft. Only way we as the consumers can teach TTG a lesson is to not purchase the game and impact their profits. which in turn might make them see it as a flop from a business stand point. Then they might start thinking harder or twice about which franchises should be made into games.

But I think I'd still be willing to check it out. If I saw game-play of it from YouTube first. I also heard they sometimes make games while keeping in mind how many of their employees are fans of a certain franchise as that portion of the studio will have a heart for it and might be more passionate about making it a great classic. For example if a good portion of Tell-Tale staff are fans of "Star Wars" or "Doctor Who" then they might consider making a game adaptation of that along with how much of the public are fans as well possibly. Honestly I didn't think Jurassic Park game was as bad as near everyone said it was. And I thought they did not really need to make their version of the overrated Borderlands franchise but as I said before since its just an opinion of mine it holds little weight probably unless I was their C.E.O.

It's their opinion. Opinions are not wrong, nor right.

• maybe they made this game just to spite you in particular

There's no denying it anymore, Vanaman and Rodkin's departure killed this company.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2014

On a possible bright side, this could introduce more people to Telltale's stuff

Minecraft seems like a pretty good gateway, all things considered

• Just because you didn't like TWAU and TWD S2, it doesn't mean other people hate them. Alot of people love TWAU and some people including me think it is TTG best game.

TWAU was a mess. 4 months for episode 2 after rewrites and rewrites, not even an interesting conclusion. Same with TWDS2. Tales and GoT aren

• edited December 2014

(X) [Hit Tree]

(?) The tree will remember that.

• edited December 2014

Thread: W.H.Y. ?

the question that telltale should give is, WHY should we buy an EPISODIC game about minecraft, when we have MILLIONS of mods/maps/texture pacs.
    WHY? and what story about minecraft that worth us to PRE-ORDER and wait months for each and every episode to release?
    WHY? should we care about anything that minecraft world has?
    maybe an Assasin creeper with a skeleton friend and a love interest with a zombie is worth waiting months to play minecraft.
    SORRY, i dont get this. and i really dont like this, because minecraft is NOT suppose to be an episodic game when we can play it and mod it the way we want and play for hours without telltale episodic thing. and really? making a whole discussion about minecraft is not a thing i want to invest my time in. thank god for TFTB and GOT.

i am not hating, i just dont understand this telltale move. minecraft is not a game i want to wait months to play and make predictions about. so my question is WHY telltale? whyyyyyyy

• there is a difference between hating and NOT understanding the point of this game they're making

UCAAV29784 posted: »

Thread: Why? I understand that people may not like Minecraft, nor do they like Telltale making a game out of it. I understand. That, ho

• Telltale has truly lost their way. I hope this thing comes back to bite them in the a.. because this is like a spit in the face for the people who helped Telltale get started.

• edited December 2014

my azack question why minecraft win ther are so many other big name properties

Mercyva posted: »

Thread: W.H.Y. ? the question that telltale should give is, WHY should we buy an EPISODIC game about minecraft, when we have MILLIONS o

• On second thought I think it will have a Strong-Bad feeling to it.
    And that's good! :)

• Thought this was a joke when I first heard it. Minecraft isn't exactly a world screaming for more lore, but I'll probably have to accept that it's just a business decision aimed at a younger audience.

• Seriously? this video was honestly pathetic. So some guy puts on an honestly sterotypical accent and trolls a little child.. who honestly, was acting very polite and mature for his age in fact, and pushes him to the breaking point to what..? make HIM look bad? If this is how this forum section is going to be, I'm going to avoid it like the plague, fuck that video and the guy that caused it.

AWESOMEO posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oMxKr8zLbg Imagine THAT only 100+ of them...

• Thread: I'm not even mad about Minecraft. I'm mad about...

I'm mad because Telltale is wasting resources on this. Minecraft is an OK game filled with too much raging 10 year olds. I don't see how you would EVER make a good story out of Minecraft, but I don't even care because I can choose not to buy it. i just want Telltale to spend their resources well on games that will be loved. I see no way that the majority of their fanbase currently (which is young adults/adults) will actually love this game. As far as I know, this is getting a lot of hate because we want a great 18+ story that is actually interesting instead of some pixely adventure game with stupid blocks that I don't care about. Any opinions?

• Telltale usually chooses a property when they know they can make a good story, so I'm not worried and I don't think they're wasting resources. We'll just have to see how it turns out for now, and that will be very interesting.

• No amount of teasing is ok to make a human being this racist, to the point he cheers on a guy to commit suicide.

That kid is sick in the head, and it's to blame on a couple of things, especially the parenting.

stevean2 posted: »

Seriously? this video was honestly pathetic. So some guy puts on an honestly sterotypical accent and trolls a little child.. who honestly, w

• edited December 2014

Somehow, I don't think it's really about making a 'good' story with the Minecraft IP. Rather, it's about making a 'fun' story/game. (Maybe I should put quote marks around story too, as I imagine it'll be quite zany and off-beat.)

I think that, as long as the writing can make people laugh or just have a 'good time', people will enjoy it. They've succeeded with Strong Bad, Wallace & Gromit, Sam & Max, Tales from Monkey Island and Tales from the Borderlands.

Of course, this is assuming it's going to be a comedy based game, but it's the likely conclusion, isn't it? I just don't see how a serious story/game can be made from the IP.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2014

My personal favorite Telltale game so far is an E for Everyone game series based on Wallace & Gromit, so it definitely doesn't have to be mature rated to be enjoyable.

I'll admit that I'm a little confused on how this is going to work too, but it does have the potential to be pretty good. This is going to be an original game with an original story with the aesthetic of Minecraft. It sounds to me like Lego (in fact they even have Minecraft Legos now, which make sense as both are about building with your imagination), and the Lego Movie ended up being pretty good despite Legos themselves not having any established lore and the fact that Legos have a very simplified aesthetic.

• I've not seen the Lego Movie, though I intend to as it's coming on cable soon. I assume it was a comedy film.

I imagine the game will be quite similar to it and possibly the Strong Bad game if it's a comedy game.

Jennifer posted: »

My personal favorite Telltale game so far is an E for Everyone game series based on Wallace & Gromit, so it definitely doesn't have to b

• edited December 2014

i don't think the issue here is that it is gonna be rated e because if it was then people would be hostile against their older games which from what i have seen most aren't the problem is that there are so many different and better options and they go with this it is a waste of resources that could go towards a new sam and max or new back to the future or new the wolf among us

Jennifer posted: »

My personal favorite Telltale game so far is an E for Everyone game series based on Wallace & Gromit, so it definitely doesn't have to b

• You're right. People prejudge and then up pleasantly surprised.

Ladariel posted: »

Many felt the exact same way about Tales From The Borderlands myself included past and present.

• people do relize we aren't mad because this is most likely gonna have a e rating? we are mad because this is just a stupid move on telltale's part and the resources they are gonna put into this could go towards something actually good (sam and max 4, back to the future 2, twau 2) or a better ip like star wars or bioshock and if the minecraft kids come here this community is truly gonna go down at least i hope people are mad for these reasons i'm all for telltale going back to do light hearted stuff but not this crap

• I just agree... but let's give them freedom, they are the devs =/

JohnyCl posted: »

Thread: Telltale. You had so many options. You had so many possibilities for your new series. You could make Archer, Breaking bad, Dext

• a gateway for all the minecraft kiddies yea great......

Deltino posted: »

On a possible bright side, this could introduce more people to Telltale's stuff Minecraft seems like a pretty good gateway, all things considered

• I personally don't have any interest in Minecraft but if it looks good, I'll try it. Let them do what they want. There is room for them to do many franchises as the company grows, including our favorites. I'm still holding out hope for Wolf season 2 and I'm sure it will come. As for it being a cash grab, so? They need money to create the games we enjoy. I just think people prejudge and overreact before we get enough information.

• The new Ubisoft

Please, no... Well, okay, you are right, but don't worry, GOT and Tales From The Borderlands yet don't finished. Until this, everything will be fine. And when this game be produced, TWD Season Three will be too, we have hope!

• TWD Season Three will be too, we have hope!

that just destroys some hope as much as we all love twau it did have some affect in twd s2's quality and release time but in way it was worth it since twau was awesome and the source material is awesome minecraft on the other hand... jesus it isn't worth it

VectorXP posted: »

The new Ubisoft Please, no... Well, okay, you are right, but don't worry, GOT and Tales From The Borderlands yet don't finished. Until this, everything will be fine. And when this game be produced, TWD Season Three will be too, we have hope!

• Wrong. Actually, Staff confirmed they are already '' Pre '' producing TWD Season Three and Minecraft. Then... well, TWAU can be written, but the game just will be produced ( If they make a sequel ) when Episode 1 of TWD and Minecraft come out.

I said this in this topic: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/88615/stop-comparing-borderlands-with-minecraft
    This is what a Staff tell me, so... if this is true, don't worry about this =)

Jewfreeus posted: »

TWD Season Three will be too, we have hope! that just destroys some hope as much as we all love twau it did have some affect in twd

This discussion has been closed.