Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• Create a pointless story, for a pointless game that nobody asked for, waste of time for Telltale.

Green613 posted: »

That doesn't mean they can't create one. It's not like they've been creating all new stories from other series.

• Nobody asked for TFTBL either, remember all the hate it got? You're literally doing what all they did, judging a book by it's cover. Why don't we wait, then see if it will be shit, then you can come telling us about how "pointless" it is.

J-Master posted: »

Create a pointless story, for a pointless game that nobody asked for, waste of time for Telltale.

• edited December 2014

Minecraft has NOTHING to it, Tales was iffy, but I gave it a chance because it looked fun and engaging and had lore, story, and characters, this just seems stupid and pointless. I can already predict where this book is going to go, and it doesn't look like anything special or engaging. Until I see some REALLY REALLY REALLY hard evidence that this game won't be a disaster, I'll eat my words, but for now, it's dumb

Create a pointless story, for a pointless game that nobody asked for, waste of time for Telltale.

• I wasn't around to witness the other 'riots', but this one seems pretty unanimous. The others at least had a credible source for a story. This will surely just be made up as they go along with limited source material? I can see why people would doubt this project.

I think a big part of it is TWAU fans raging that season 2 was not announced. They seemed to think the countless tweets were a sign!

Jennifer posted: »

This isn't really new. There was a ton of hate when Tales from the Borderlands was announced, and before that, a ton of hate when The Wolf

• No it won't blow over.

The Walking Dead...Cash grab, but...it turned out alright.

I mean, Activision pulled the Kings Quest license from Telltale because Telltale was too blinded by the dollar signs to do anything with a "lesser" franchise, but...Ok.

Fables made sense. Rich world, already had the graphic novel style, strong story lines.

Game of Thrones, same deal...Big franchise, big money, but....An absolute ton of story and world building to draw on.

Borderlands was an odd choice, since its gameplay had been frenetic FPS. But still, it had a rich world and plot lines to draw from, so...

Minecraft, however. The only thing it has going for it is an even bigger fan base than Game of Thrones and thus, the potential to bring in a buttload of money. There's no established lore or story threads to build a narrative tale out of. They're going to reference people in the Minecraft community? Some people might like that. For others, like me, I have no clue who that would even be so I could care less about some community figure.

Even Wallace and Gromit (which people dismissed as childish) made a lot more sense than this does.

The only reason this isn't Telltale jumping the proverbial shark is that they did that long ago.

This isn't really new. There was a ton of hate when Tales from the Borderlands was announced, and before that, a ton of hate when The Wolf

• First time I saw it , I thought it was a baaad joke. But then I realised it's true, I was like : "No way ... Telltale? Seriously? " Company , that always worked with universes , that already had good lore, characters , etc. is going to make a story-based game, based on videogame, that have ABSOLUTELY no frickin' story , NOTHING that could be called lore, the damn building-randomly-generic-sandbox game. Call me hater, whiner, or whatever you like, but in my opinion , this is bullsh..t.

• Latin literature

Seriously? I have an deep interest Latin language, and read quite a few myself, what is your favorite book, or essay or whatever you recommend, i am always looking for new things to read. Do you speak the language or just "read" it.

Flog61 posted: »

Having finished my Masters in Ancient Greek and Latin literature last year, I really don't think I do need to go back to school. Firstly,

• They actually haven't been, you're right.

With the other series, there's source material for them to draw from. Established characters, plot, story conventions and so forth. It provides threads for Telltale to expand on the minor characters from the source material. It's a bit like Star Wars and the Star Wars Expanded Universe that various books have played with for decades. New adventures/tales, but ones from a common background/understanding of the setting that everyone can share.

Minecraft has none of that.

Green613 posted: »

That doesn't mean they can't create one. It's not like they've been creating all new stories from other series.

• edited December 2014

Job J Stauffer: I can't wait to go on the Telltale forum to see how supportive our fans are being right now for Minecraft Storymode! :D

Alt text

Fan 1: OMG THE FORUMS ARE DOOMED!!!!

Fan 2: WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIEEE!!!

Fan 3: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!??!

Fan 4: I CAN'T EVEN MAKE A FLOWER ON MINECRAFT FROM BLOCKS I'M SCREWED!!

Fan 5: BUT I WANTED AWAU SEASON 2! ROAR!!!!!

Fan 6: WHAT NEXT? LEGO STORYMODE? TALES FROM THE TETRISLANDS!?

Fan 7: DUDE SHUT THE HELL UP! DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!!

Fan 8: WHY IS EVERYBODY TYPING IN BOLD LETTERS LIKE THEY'RE SCREAMING!?!??!

Job J Stauffer:

ಠ_ಠ ....

Alt text

Job J Stauffer: Oh who gives a fish, WE'RE GONNA MAKE TONS OF MONEY! BWAHAHA! Alt text

Admit it, you know this is what he's doing right now XD

• One more thing... 2015? I thought telltale was going to work just on TWD ( Because of the multiple endings )... Shit, I was wrong. God, please, don't let this shitty game disturb Season Three T-T

• There's no need to worry about it. The Walking Dead: Season Three will be fine, and so will Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands. Telltale currently has enough staff to work on two titles in full production at once, as well as several titles in early production. Right now, The Walking Dead Season Three and Minecraft: Story Mode are in early production, with just a small team of people for each. Once Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones wraps up, they'll start full production on The Walking Dead: Season Three and Minecraft: Story Mode. Those two teams will operate the same as Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands are now, as members from those teams will join the Minecraft and Walking Dead teams when those seasons are over. However, they won't do so until the current seasons are up. So, there's no concern that any one game will affect the quality of another, since they manage their staff load efficiently.

VectorXP posted: »

One more thing... 2015? I thought telltale was going to work just on TWD ( Because of the multiple endings )... Shit, I was wrong. God, please, don't let this shitty game disturb Season Three T-T

• Wow, production has more planning than what I thought! Thanks for the reply =)

There's no need to worry about it. The Walking Dead: Season Three will be fine, and so will Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands.

• edited December 2014

Oh look a new thread. I hope people aren't too upset with the idea.

THREAD

Alt text

ME

Alt text

I'm not actually keen on the idea but I'm intrigued to say the least. You can talk shit when you've actually PLAYED the game but right now a lot of people are just being fucking childish.

• Well, I gotta go ahead and put my piece in so-

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

All my reactions in just about a few seconds.

• Reminds me of the time Universal announced they'd be making movies based off a bunch of Hasbro board games... though at least I could actually somewhat imagine plot lines for those.

• I'm still having a hard time believing this whole thing.

• Well, we shouldn't be judging Telltale here. Who knows? Although this sounds crazy right now, like I have NO idea how this is going to work, but maybe Telltale can make together a really good game. I don't know how they'll do it, but we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions saying it'll suck the day it releases. Look at TWAU, TFTB, etc. Wait until we say anything about it.

• edited December 2014

Thread: Telltale. You had so many options.

You had so many possibilities for your new series. You could make Archer, Breaking bad, Dexter, Star wars, or whatever, Hell, you could even start making TWD Season 3. But instead you chose this one. Minecraft.

But i'm not mad. Merry Christmas guys!

Alt text

• I shall come in time... Only bad part is the wait x-x

• edited December 2014

Who's to say stupid Minecraft won't get in the way?

TommyW posted: »

who's to say they haven't already started making TWD Season 3...

• edited December 2014

who's to say they haven't already started making TWD Season 3...

• I'm not actually keen on the idea but I'm intrigued to say the least. You can talk shit when you've actually PLAYED the game but right now a lot of people are just being fucking childish.

Oh this, so much this.

Oh look a new thread. I hope people aren't too upset with the idea. THREAD ME I'm not actually keen on the idea but I'm int

• "It won't "

Yeah, okay.

TommyW posted: »

it wont in fact this one the few games i don't see getting in the way since it will probably be pretty cheap and very easy to make i cant see telltale needing a lot of resources to make a episode about Minecraft

• edited December 2014

it wont

in fact this one the few games i don't see getting in the way since it will probably be pretty cheap and very easy to make

i cant see telltale needing a lot of resources to make a episode about Minecraft

• On the bright side, most of us have something new to hate now

• I mean i played minecraft when i was younger which was when i was in primary school so i dont know if il well like it but it is telltale

• Damn it...I was really hoping all of this Minecraft stuff was a joke.

This idea is awful.

• edited December 2014

Ugh, had to come back to the forums for this one.

Out of all the dozens if not hundreds of potentially great games to make, you pick Minecraft as your franchise...

I don't even... I just...
    /shakes my head and dissapears from the forums again.

... Praise be with Gavin.

• Praise be with Gavin, friend!

Jere85 posted: »

Ugh, had to come back to the forums for this one. Out of all the dozens if not hundreds of potentially great games to make, you pick Mine

• I don't think I'm a genius. I simply think that my intelligence is high enough that I don't need to repeat school. Like most adults.

CodPatrol posted: »

It's not up to you to say if I'm intelligent or not, so don't even go there. Not taking that from some boy who thinks he's a genius because he has a few degrees.

• Actually, I think they have started working on TWD S3. Kirkman said that he has been getting calls from Telltale about some ideas, so they are at least thinking about it.

• wow 19 pages

• edited December 2014

Haha, no-one really 'speaks' latin as there are no native speakers of it :P

I can't recommend enough The Aeneid, by Publius Vergilius Maro. Beautiful use of imagery and storytelling.

However, the Aeneid is inferior to the best work of literature I've ever stdied: Homer's Iliad. That is Greek, but if you are talking about reading translations then I would seriously recommend Richmond Lattimore's translation of the Iliad. It's just....incredible.

Here's an extract from the Aeneid, though, as my translation is by our bed right now:

While thus he cried to Heaven, a shrieking blast

attacked the sail. Up surged the waves

to strike the very stars; the shattered oars flew apart

in fragments; the helpless vessel veered

and gave her side to the roaring flood,

where watery mountains rose and burst and fell.

Now high in air she hangs, then yawning gulfs

lay bare the shoals and sands over which she drives.

Three ships a whirling south wind snatched and flung

on hidden rocks,—altars of sacrifice

Italians call them, which lie far from shore

a vast ridge in the sea; three ships beside

an east wind, blowing landward from the deep,

drove on the shallows,—pitiable sight,—

and girdled them in walls of drifting sand.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Latin literature Seriously? I have an deep interest Latin language, and read quite a few myself, what is your favorite book, or ess

• yeah probably
    we won't even see TWAU S2 in the future because of this shit
    waste of resources and precious time

whoever at Telltale was greedy enough to actually have this idea should be fired

• They've only started writing so atleast thats going somewhere

Actually, I think they have started working on TWD S3. Kirkman said that he has been getting calls from Telltale about some ideas, so they are at least thinking about it.

• Wheres my Wolf Among Us Season 2 TellTale.

• That's interesting. Which Quarterly Review do they mention that on?

Job security in the gaming industry is really bad right now. It's not about moving on "just because that's life" it's about seeing yourself

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

I have the right to make a damn thread about my thoughts!

Why should I follow your rules? What other fucking discussions will happen about this shit game?

That's a little rude, no? Please lighten up some - even if you feel your thread is disrupted.

You are allowed to express your opinion, of course, but please be more respectful in the future. Thanks.

No. I have the right to make a damn thread about my thoughts! Why should I follow your rules? What other fucking discussions will happen about this shit game?

• Rude? Sure.

If cussing is the problem here Blind then sorry but they also used it. I'm stating my opinion about this idea and this person wants to be rude about it...I'm going to defend myself.

I have the right to make a damn thread about my thoughts! Why should I follow your rules? What other fucking discussions will happen

This discussion has been closed.