Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• At this point, neither do I, which is a shame.

AWESOMEO posted: »

I don't think they plan on another season anyway, that's my feeling at least.

• Wow, what a biased hateful claim to make, who are you to decide what game is good and what game is bad?

• Thread: What?

What? This is serious? I can't believe this.

Telltale is crazy? I mean, they can do good games based in good games, not based on shit games ( and for kids ). What type of child want to play a game about story?

I don't know, but... Resident Evil, Final Fantasy... but this? Oh my God. I will wait and see then.

• Thread: What?

What? This is serious? I can't believe this.

Telltale is crazy? I mean, they can do good games based in good games, not based on shit games ( and for kids ). What type of child want to play a game about story?

I don't know, but... Resident Evil, Final Fantasy... but this? Oh my God. I will wait and see then.

• Alt text

This will be the new TT fanbase. The new fanbase

• They are well within their rights to work on what they want, you know? They don't have to work on what people want, though they should obviously be prepared for people to not purchase what they make.

Journey95 posted: »

I have already lost hope there are so many awesome things they could do (TWAU S2, TWD S3, a new IP etc.) and we get a freaking Minecraft announcement thanks for nothing Telltale

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited December 2014

"So... Where do you want to do it from?"

[Front entry]

[Back entry]

["I don't need you! I can do it myself!"]

[...]

Press Q to motorboat

• Okay, let me be more specific: unlike in tone

It's not a gritty survivalist character drama

It's not an urban fantasy detective story

It's not a politcally driven fantasy

It's not a sci-fi picaresque.

and B: Yeah. I think kids deserve story based games too. I'm sorry that you think you are so vastly underserved, that one game aimed at a younger demographic reveals a rotten core of corruption and bias against you.

Baldex posted: »

A: How is this unlike the other projects they've done? Do we know anything about it yet? Is it going to be a comedy? A serious story? Is it

edited December 2014

Would buy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Alt text

"So... Where do you want to do it from?" [Front entry] [Back entry] ["I don't need you! I can do it myself!"] [...] Press Q to motorboat

• I'll take ten! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lolzkittiez posted: »

10/10 must buy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edited December 2014

I think Telltale intend to write a whole lore for the game, and I acknowledge their skills, so I'm optimistic they can make a good one out of this universe, too.

VectorXP posted: »

Minecraft don't have a determined idea. And the game was released like... four, five years ago... it's time to stop with this '' Minecraft t

• 10/10 must buy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Would buy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• An opinion.

Wow, what a biased hateful claim to make, who are you to decide what game is good and what game is bad?

edited December 2014

Well, it sounds more like a hate comment than an opinion, since he said the game is only for kids and that it isn't a good game in a matter-of-fact tone.

Also, hating on a game before any info about it is out is more like free hate than an opinion, and opinion needs to be formed around something while this was only announced today.

An opinion.

• I'd buy the season pass ASAP lol

PLEASE YES

• Minecraft don't have a determined idea. And the game was released like... four, five years ago... it's time to stop with this '' Minecraft thing ''. The game is like a '' craft '' base, that's all, it's a game for spend the time ( and will be Teen, or a thing like that. )

Wow, what a biased hateful claim to make, who are you to decide what game is good and what game is bad?

• That's not what I'm talking about. Minecraft is so devoid of story that I have my doubts of what Telltale could possible make of it which in turn makes me question how good this game can turn out.

and B: the thirteen year olds who like Minecraft to begin with wouldn't care for a story-driven point and click assuming it's going to be like that anyway, but considering Telltales library of games and their sucesses, they probably won't change the formula. I'm not saying kids don't deserve games, I'm saying the kids who like Minecraft wouldn't be interested.

JByrne posted: »

Okay, let me be more specific: unlike in tone It's not a gritty survivalist character drama It's not an urban fantasy detective story

• I think they intend on writing a whole lore for the story, and since I know they are skillful writers, I am optimistic that they can make a good game out of this universe, too.

Minecraft don't have a determined idea. And the game was released like... four, five years ago... it's time to stop with this '' Minecraft t

• TELLTALE DO THIS NAO

zeke10 posted: »

I'd buy the season pass ASAP lol

edited December 2014

It's good educating the little minecraft brats, they might even play Monkey Island and go back to the good ol' LucasArts "The Secret Of Monkey Island", so it will benefit our society.

Plus, just because some tweet is trending doesn't mean the guy's word is holy.

Telltale making a Minecraft game means millions of kids get introduced to adventure games. Really genius pairing. Marty Silva, via Twitter.

• Its just how he see's it. Yeah its full of hate, but hey it could change once its released. We just have to wait it out, until people calm down, this happens with every new TT game.

Well, it sounds more like a hate comment than an opinion, since he said the game is only for kids and that it isn't a good game in a matter-

• Telltale making a Minecraft game means millions of kids get introduced to adventure games. Really genius pairing.

Marty Silva, via Twitter.

Well, it sounds more like a hate comment than an opinion, since he said the game is only for kids and that it isn't a good game in a matter-

• I think they've earned the right to have a little faith in their narratives, despite the IP? It's likely it'll be a comedy game as well in my view.

That's not what I'm talking about. Minecraft is so devoid of story that I have my doubts of what Telltale could possible make of it which in

• yep..

Its just how he see's it. Yeah its full of hate, but hey it could change once its released. We just have to wait it out, until people calm down, this happens with every new TT game.

• It's good educating the little minecraft brats, they might even play Monkey Island and go back to the good ol' LucasArts "The Secret Of Monkey Island", so it will benefit our society.

Plus, just because some tweet is trending doesn't mean the guy's word is holy.

Telltale making a Minecraft game means millions of kids get introduced to adventure games. Really genius pairing. Marty Silva, via Twitter.

• People are square, the sky is blue, Job Stauffer just tweeted, he wrote: FU.

• Well, that's what they decided, we all just have to deal with it and be optimistic about it.

It's not like there won't be any new games in the future, they'll cover up a lot of titles in the future.

They can ( Telltale can do everything :v ), but this is too much unnecessary. Like what I said, games like Resident Evil ( Classics, ya know

• So TT is working on 3 games at once? This can't be good.

• But again, assuming it's point and click, it could have the greatest story ever and minecraft fans (thirteen year olds) still would not care.

Rob_K posted: »

I think they've earned the right to have a little faith in their narratives, despite the IP? It's likely it'll be a comedy game as well in my view.

• They can ( Telltale can do everything :v ), but this is too much unnecessary. Like what I said, games like Resident Evil ( Classics, ya know ) and Final Fantasy, Silent Hill have wonderful storys ( and Capcom is inspired on Telltale for the episodic thing ). Minecraft don't have a story, you just need to survive. And was released five years ago... like what I said, this '' minecraft thing '' needs to stop.

I think they intend on writing a whole lore for the story, and since I know they are skillful writers, I am optimistic that they can make a good game out of this universe, too.

• I couldn't agree more I'm very disappointed in Telltale
    hopefully it sells like shit so we can get TWAU S2

• Well, it's what they decided, so we just have to deal with it and hope for the best.

And don't worry, it's not like this is their last game.. They'll cover up a lot of other titles in the future, this company is a cash cow nowadays

They can ( Telltale can do everything :v ), but this is too much unnecessary. Like what I said, games like Resident Evil ( Classics, ya know

• omg xD

Butt-head posted: »

People are square, the sky is blue, Job Stauffer just tweeted, he wrote: FU.

• edited December 2014

You want to know what it really is, if it's not complaining for the sake of it? A feeling of entitlement, because they feel Telltale should only make games for them and not what they want to make.

At least that's the conclusion I draw, given they're free to buy or not buy the game. And I partly say this because of the 'matter of fact' tone that was already referenced. It would be different if it was worded better.

• This happens with every new TT game.

Well, this just never happened for me.

Its just how he see's it. Yeah its full of hate, but hey it could change once its released. We just have to wait it out, until people calm down, this happens with every new TT game.

• Great depictions of it, agreed.

But it's like that with everything, Facebook Youtube whatever the fuck, they'll hate on it and learn to love it.

Rob_K posted: »

You want to know what it really is, if it's not complaining for the sake of it? A feeling of entitlement, because they feel Telltale should

• edited December 2014

I don't really agree with any pov of "there is no pre-exsisting story, therefore how can you make a story." Like, I mean, you can weave a story about anything. And with Minecraft you can take any kind of approach, you could make it a story within the minecraft universe like Reboot, you could make it a minecraft set story about real people, like .hack//sign, or you could make it actually about the people playing minecraft, like the climax of the Lego Movie.

Secondly, you have absolutely nothing to back that up besides your personal bias. Kids love stories. There are almost zero story games aimed at kids. What age were most people when they first played monkey island?

For that matter, how many kids do you know who exclusively play one game?

Why would someone who likes minecraft be completely shut off from playing a story game? This is a really elitist perspective to hold to, and like, give no ground on.

That's not what I'm talking about. Minecraft is so devoid of story that I have my doubts of what Telltale could possible make of it which in

This discussion has been closed.