Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• So true, so true...

This game...

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So TT is working on 3 games at once? This can't be good.

• There are more than enough hate threads for this, I think someone should merge all the hate threads for a big fat:

Fuck Minecraft: The Megathread.

• Minecraft is a pretty nice game to play... but I think its fine the way it is. Plus, not having it with the original game and having as a standalone instead is a very stupid idea.

Revec posted: »

Personally, I think this is an awful decision that makes little sense other then a cash grab.

• Because when there's potential for a good story, there's potential for a good story.

• edited December 2014

Thread: Why would you do this?

I seriously hope this is an extremely late April fool's joke. I am so sick and tired of Minecraft. Enough with this crap already. It's been out for like 5 years.

• edited December 2014

Thread: Why would you do this?

I seriously hope this is an extremely late April fool's joke. I am so sick and tired of Minecraft. Enough with this crap already. It's been out for like 5 years.

• You're assuming only thirteen year old girls like Minecraft (I don't play it, but I know that's not true). And as there's no pre-existing story, Telltale can pretty much do what they want, story-wise. So your point doesn't hold any water.

If I had to guess, I'd put my money on a comedy game, where you take control of one of players' characters. It 'can work'.

Baldex posted: »

But again, assuming it's point and click, it could have the greatest story ever and minecraft fans (thirteen year olds) still would not care.

• There's always potential.

Netaro posted: »

The minecraft community is horrible, The game is just a mindless building game. There's no potential for a story.

• this company is a cash cow nowadays

Well, I need to agree with this.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Well, it's what they decided, so we just have to deal with it and hope for the best. And don't worry, it's not like this is their last game.. They'll cover up a lot of other titles in the future, this company is a cash cow nowadays

• The community doesn't matter. It's the game that does, the main game sucks, but that doesn't matter. If you think there's no potential for a story you've done no research on Minecraft and/or never played it. Disc 11 is a good place to start when you want story potential.

The minecraft community is horrible, The game is just a mindless building game. There's no potential for a story.

• The minecraft community is horrible, The game is just a mindless building game. There's no potential for a story.

Redzos posted: »

Because when there's potential for a good story, there's potential for a good story.

• Thread: Things to consider...

Honestly, Minecraft is a nice game, but if there thinking to have the story thing separate from the actual game, then it will most definitely crash and burn. I've played Minecraft for several years now, but the majority has been on the multiplayer servers. I'm not gonna spend more money on getting a campaign mode or whatever it is. You can do a story mode fine with the downloadable story maps like Deep Space Turtle Chase. For FREE may I add.

• Thread: Things to consider...

Honestly, Minecraft is a nice game, but if there thinking to have the story thing separate from the actual game, then it will most definitely crash and burn. I've played Minecraft for several years now, but the majority has been on the multiplayer servers. I'm not gonna spend more money on getting a campaign mode or whatever it is. You can do a story mode fine with the downloadable story maps like Deep Space Turtle Chase. For FREE may I add.

• They make a ton of money, they're the cultural mainstream right now, let's hope they pull this off and make a good game.

VectorXP posted: »

this company is a cash cow nowadays Well, I need to agree with this.

• I think they can veer out of the limits to the extent of their needs, while staying true to the game's limits, and it has a lot of potential for humor, I just hope the fucking minecraft pricks will not come here.

• Ikr!

AWESOMEO posted: »

I think they can veer out of the limits to the extent of their needs, while staying true to the game's limits, and it has a lot of potential for humor, I just hope the fucking minecraft pricks will not come here.

• Man, how many times do I get to repeat this.
    First off, how am I an elitist?? And even if I was, what does that have to with anything? Look at footage or photos of minecon and tell me how it's not filled with kids and their parents. Like please explain that to me.

Second, again, kids don't play minecraft for the story. They will dismiss it from the beginning. The target audience they're trying to reach already doesn't care. I dunno why. maybe they're to busy playing with their new fancy ipads to care about stories.

Ermm.. lots? There are kids who exclusively play minecraft, Angry Birds.... Don't get what you're trying to say here.

JByrne posted: »

I don't really agree with any pov of "there is no pre-exsisting story, therefore how can you make a story." Like, I mean, you can weave a s

• There's always potential.

• Minecraft is a pretty nice game, but I don't feel like paying more money just to get a campaign mode or whatever it is if you already have the original game. Just stick with the multiplayer servers.

• Nah, this game is going to be way different than Minecraft, have you played any other Telltale games?

Minecraft is a pretty nice game, but I don't feel like paying more money just to get a campaign mode or whatever it is if you already have the original game. Just stick with the multiplayer servers.

• First off, how am I an elitist??

This:

They will dismiss it from the beginning. The target audience they're trying to reach already doesn't care. I dunno why. maybe they're to busy playing with their new fancy ipads to care about stories.

This is what I mean by an elitist pov.

Man, how many times do I get to repeat this. First off, how am I an elitist?? And even if I was, what does that have to with anything? Look

• edited December 2014

Not sure. Probable they'll wait until one current series is finished before ahead at full speed? They announced GoT and Tales a while ago, but only released them a few months after Walking Dead and Wolf finished.

(And if they are going to work on three games, I imagine they'll expand again so they have 3 teams rather than two.)

• Excuse me for saying that kids who only play Minecraft won't care about a game that doesn't play like Minecraft. BOY DID I BLEW IT

JByrne posted: »

First off, how am I an elitist?? This: They will dismiss it from the beginning. The target audience they're trying to reach al

• edited December 2014

You're telling me kids don't like humor, especially if it comes in the form of a humorous take on a game they like? Assuming it will be a comedy game.

And, again, it's not just kids who play the game, though a large amount quite possibly do.

I suppose all of what you're saying explains why this video has 780,000 views too?

(Note: I haven't watched much of the video at all, but there must be a reason people have watched it.)

Excuse me for saying that kids who only play Minecraft won't care about a game that doesn't play like Minecraft. BOY DID I BLEW IT

• Actually, they divided the team into two and are working on Tales From The Borderlands and Game of Thrones. Probably the game production will begin by the middle of next year.

• The Walking Dead, Fables, A Song of Ice and Fire and Tales from the Borderlands had an existing lore, and all of them were big franchises with big fandoms.

Minecraft has a big fandom of 12 year olds, and I don't want this community to be filled with premature idiots (I'm aware that not all 12 year olds are, there are members on here that are about the same age and aren't little shits). But the problem I see here is that this place will basically become overrun with said little shits.

Also, what has Minecraft to offer, really. It has exactly one plot point:

You are stranded on an island. Build something.

I'm not losing hope. They did awesome with TWD, TWAU, GOT and TFTB. I'm just disappointed in them doing minecraft.

• edited December 2014

"It doesn't have a lore, it doesn't have characters, it doesn't have much of a story"

That's exactly why they're doing it.

• edited December 2014

OH NO! TELLTALE IS MAKING A MINECRAFT GAME INSTEAD OF MILKING THE WALKING DEAD AGAIN

EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOU LIVES ALL HOPE IS LOST LOL

• Thread: Um, WTF Telltale?

I mean...what? Minecraft? It doesn't have a lore, it doesn't have characters, it doesn't have much of a story, why are Telltale doing this? I....just...can it work....? They're really going to have to explain themselves on this one.

• edited December 2014

Well, isn't this kind of a waste of time? I don't want this to get in the way of Tales or GoT.

"It doesn't have a lore, it doesn't have characters, it doesn't have much of a story" That's exactly why they're doing it.

• edited December 2014

That depends on opinion. It'll pretty much have similar writing to Tales. Serious mixed with humour. If that's your kind of thing go for it.

J-Master posted: »

Well, isn't this kind of a waste of time? I don't want this to get in the way of Tales or GoT.

• Because we don't already have several of the same threads

• Telltale have made family games many times. Wallace and Gromit, Sam and Max, Monkey Island.

J-Master posted: »

Minecraft is a family game, I honestly don't see the point in all this. Of all the things, why Minecraft?

• edited December 2014

I'm with you OP
    its probably the worst possible game that they wanted to continue
    Even Cod would have been better
    damm you Telltale such a waste of time

• Minecraft is a family game, I honestly don't see the point in all this. Of all the things, why Minecraft?

That depends on opinion. It'll pretty much have similar writing to Tales. Serious mixed with humour. If that's your kind of thing go for it.

• I feel you. When I heard about it I seriously thought that it was trolling... Unbelievable!

This discussion has been closed.