Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Help Ilish]

Urid is here!!! :P

Awesome Chapter!!!

I have to say, I struggled quite a bit with this part, for reasons unknown. As a result, I don't know how good it really is. I'm sure I had

• [Help Ilish]

I have to say, I struggled quite a bit with this part, for reasons unknown. As a result, I don't know how good it really is. I'm sure I had

• [Wach the scene]

• [Help Ilish] Some action wouldn't be bad for him. :p

I think this chapter worked well as giving us some thoughts of Raylansfair's smallfolk about what is going on. Smallfolk povs are not my personal favorites but it was still a good chapter.

• [Wach the scene]

• [Help Ilish]

GASP Is the stranger who I think it is?!?

• [Help Ilish]

• [Help Ilish]

• [Watch the scene]

• [Help Ilish]

• [Help Ilish]

I love Phillip's character so far! And as much as I would like to agree with him... I feel it's probably better to try to stop this before it gets worse.

• [Help Ilish]

• The voting is closed!

Richard will help Ilish

The next part should be up later today.

• I just submitted my city guard characters. Oh also I am loving this story so far btw. Your writing is amazing!

• Glad i'm finally caught up! I'm really enjoying this story!

• I am pumping out these characters today. I just sent in my Norvoshi man towards you now.

• edited January 2015

The next part should be up later today.

So... that did not work like I wanted it to. University proved to be unpredictable. Still, here is an extra long part. Sorry for the delay. I hope you enjoy!

Torvin

Torvin sighed. Deep inside of him, he knew that Garthon was right. This whole defiance could kill him. Harren Hoare had killed men for far less. But Torvin wouldn't be the man he was today if he would fear death, or things worse than death. He would never be afraid of Harren Hoare. And he would never let him harm his family. But Garthon was a grown man and a capable warrior on his own. A few years ago, it was Garthon who saved him from a shark. Stabbed the beast right in the mouth with a knife. A number of scars on Garthons left hand reminded him of that every day. Garthon was not a child anymore. He was able to fight, for this family, for what is right. Torvin forced himself to stay calm as he looked his brother in the eyes.

“You can accompany me, brother...“, he mumbled. Garthon looked honestly surprised. “Wait... that's it? No objections? You're just going to trust me like that?“, he asked. Torvin gave him a weak smile. “You're family. Why should I even fight if I can't trust you? All I do is for you, brother. For our family“, he said, to which Garthon let out a small chuckle. “What's with your little girl? Is she family too?“, he asked. Torvin thought about that for a moment. Was she? He hadn't seen her for over half a year now. Maybe she already had someone else. Maybe not...

“She is...“, he answered. Garthon gave him a cheerful smile. “You plan on making her your Rock Wife one day?“, he wanted to know. Torvin looked out of the window of the chamber, directly on Harrenhals courtyard. The five towers, darting tall into the sky, the walls higher than any arrow could ever fly. Harrenhal was built on blood.

“One day. Once this is over. Once Harren the Black is dead“, he said and grabbed Garthon by the shoulders. “We will return to Pyke as heroes, brother. The name 'Breaker' will be revered once again and no one will despise us. Then, in front of the Seastone Chair, I will take her as my rock wife“

Garthon let out a chuckle. “You are far too confident, brother. We're both going to die. But I am not afraid. You are a stupid... damnable fool and you doomed us both. And, should we enter the Drowned God's watery halls, I will beat you up for eternity. But I won't let you alone with this“, he proclaimed. With these words he grabbed his cloak. “When shall we meet your Riverlord?“, he asked. Torvin sighed. “Two hours after midnight. I planned to take a short nap, before travelling to the meeting point“, he explianed. Suddenly he felt indeed tired. And far older than he really was. Garthon smiled and looked out of the window. “Sure, take your nap... old man. I'm going to take some preparations. Will meet you here in a few hours“, he said, before leaving the room. And Torvin was alone. With a tired groan he laid down onto the bed, not even bothering in taking out his boots. Within seconds, everything turned black...

A huge black room. Torvin was chained, bloody, beaten. Broken. His family was there, not only Garthon, but everyone, even his father. They were all dead, mutilated, their dead bodies still screaming silent screams of terror and pain. And out of the darkness came Harren Hoare, his blackened armour sprinkled red, the red of dying men and dying dreams. In his hand, he held an axe, blood still dripping down from it. “I will break you...“, he whispered. “I will take away everything you hold dear. You will suffer, every day till I allow you to die. And you will live with the regret... by the way, we found your little whore in Pyke. Did you know that she was pregnant?“, the King hissed, giving him a smile that was burning with cruelty...

Torvin awoke, shivering, covered in sweat, breathing heavily, to the sound of someone knocking on his door. It was already dark outside. With shaky feet, Torvin walked to the door and opened it. Garthon looked at him, with an indifferent look in his eyes. “Bad dreams?“, he asked in a snide tone. Torvin ignored the remark. “Which hour do we have?“, he asked. Garthon shrugged. “Three hours before midnight. Thought I wake you from your little slumber. We don't want the Riverlord to take a swim without is, do we?“

The way out of Harrenhal proved to be easier than the way in. Even in this late hours, there was a constant flow of people entering and leaving the castle. Torvin had been to Fairmarket once and it has been one of the biggest cities he had ever been, certainly bigger than Pyke. Fairmarket had more than enough room to fit into the courtyard. Nobody paid attention to two Ironborn on horseback. Torvin never liked horses. They were too unreliable for him. He wasn't scared by snakes in the grass, by loose stones or by fire. Neither was his ship. And should he fall down, he wouldn't break his legs immediately. No, horses weren't reliable and he preferred a good ship over them every day. Still, considering the circumstances, he had to rent two horses from Harrenhals stables. The stablemaster, a scarred and one-armed veteran, gladly gave them two horses and even kept his mouth shut, after Torvin gave him a generous amount of silver coins. Garthon rode next to him, as they passed out of the northern gate. Torvin took a short glance to the right. The corpse of a man was nailed to the wall, right next to the gate, the skin on his frontside having been removed completely just recently. Torvin shivered. When Harren Hoare wanted something done, it was done without delay.

The two brothers rode silently next to each other, down the southern road. To their right, the God's Eye, the largest lake in Westeros was located. In autumn and especially in the evening hours, it was very foggy. Torvin had been here once in the summer, when he and Garthon were younger. Harrenhal wasn't even nearly finished then. They sat at the shore of the lake, trying to catch fish, while constantly staring at the Isle of Faces in the centre of the lake, the place where the First Men and the Children of the Forest made peace, thousands of years ago. The Children were long gone, but their weirwood trees were still standing on the small isle. In fair weather, a keen eye was able to see them. And they were able to look back, with their inhuman faces. But now, Torvin could barely see his brother next to him. At least he knew that they were travelling in the right direction. He knew the road and he probably knew the trail Lord Tully had been speaking of. They were close. Torvin shivered from the cold and warpped himself tightly in his coat.

“We're turning left here...“, Torvin said and was surprised how loud his voice sounded in the complete silence. Garthon gave him a silent nod. It was clear that he was in thoughts. Torvin gulped as he imagined he possibilities. Had Garthon betrayed him? Could he really distrust his own brother? By the Drowned God, was he really defying a tyrant?

Calling the small path a 'trail' was a generous term by Tully. It was barely more than a mass of ground that has been trodden in to slightly resemble a trail. What kind of man owns property here? In that moment, he saw a light in the midst of the mist. As Torvin and Garthon rode closer, they saw that it belonged to a small lantern, that was attached to the wall of a small one-story stone cottage with a reed roof. Whoever lived here must love the solitude.

“Fuck this... what exactly is this? The Riverlord just called us out to... this?“, Garthon snarled. In that moment, the door was opened. A young man, probably barely grown, opened the door. He was thin, a good foot smaller than Torvin. His short hair had the same muddy colour as the 'trail' Torvin had just rode on and he had a smalls car on his left brow. And a short sword in his hand.

“Can I help you? What do you want here?“, he asked with suspicion in his voice. Garthon laughed. “Put down that sword boy, before you're hurting yourself. We're here to speak with Lord Trout. Tell him, his Kingbreakers are here“, he added with a slight grin. The young man seemed to be slightly intimidated by the two muscular Ironborn who just got down from their saddles. Torvin was unarmed, but noticed that Garthon took a short dagger with him. Still, the way this boy was holding his sword showed him that he wasn't unskilled. And the furious gaze he gave them showed that he wasn't a coward either.

“It's alright George!“, a voice came from within the cottage. The boy, George, seemed to calm down. His face softened up slightly. “You're Torvin Breaker, right?“, he asked and looked at Torvin, with slight awe. “Lord Tully told me about you“

Torvin had to smile. “And you are... George?“, he answered. “Just George?“ The boy nodded. “Yes, m'lord. It would be George Rivers, but my father never acknowledged me“, he answerd with a shy smile. Garthon rolled his eyes. “Touching. Hey Torv, you might just adopted a puppy. Listen boy, we need to talk to Lord Tully now, can we come in?“, he spoke with impatience. Only in that moment the boy seemed to realize that he still had his sword in the hand and blocked the doorway. His face blushed and he put the sword down.“Yes! Of course m'lords! Please, come in, Lord Tully is awaiting you!“, he said.

The cottage was surprisingly warm and cozy, albeit very small. A single room with a small bed, a fireplace with a small pot over it. The smell of stew was in the air. Two people sat on chairs at a small table. One of them was a tall man with fair skin and black hair. His brown eyes looked careful and as he saw Torvin and Garthon entering, he smiled. The other man was Edmyn Tully. The Riverlord raised an eyebrow as he saw Garthon entering and stood up. “You brought a guest, Captain Breaker?“, he asked in surprise. Torvin nodded, but before he could give an answer, Garthon stepped forwards. “Garthon Breaker, Torvins brother. Glad to make your acquaintance, Lord Tully“, he said surprisingly charming and took a short bow. Since their early youth, Torvin and Garthon had known to be steadfast, determined and rough. But while Torin was always like this, Garthon could be charming, if he wanted. Just like Torvin had always been the better fighter and better fisher, charm had been Garthons weapon, but he wielded it like a claw, concealed until he had to strike. Lord Tully was about to meet the charming Garthon. That was probably for the better, but Torvin was unsure how long it would last.

“A brother of Torvin Breaker is welcome here. My name is Edmyn Tully“, he said, quiet pleased. “Allow me to introduce my men here. The young man at the door is George. He might be young, but he is skilled enough to be a member of my personal guard. His loyalty is out of question and he has a brave heart“, he said, while George slightly blushed and smiled with pride.

“And here we have...“, the Riverlord started, before Garthon interrupted him.“Gabin Strad. From Reymand Orkwoods household guard. You owe me three coppers“, he proclaimed. Gabins smile faded. “Good to see you here, Garthon...“, he said. Garthon chuckled. “You too, mate. Why are you helping with... this?“, he asked. Gabins face got a sad look on it. “My girl...“, he mumbled. Torvin sighed and hoped that Garthon knew when to be quiet. He knew.

Lord Tully broke the awkward silence. “I can assure you that I have no doubt on Gabin's loyalty for our cause...“, he tried to start, only to be interrupted by Garthon again. “Ah yes... our cause... Tell me, Lord Tully, what is our cause exactly?“, he asked. Tully narrowed his eyes. “You don't know? Or do you mock me? The death of the king is our cause. For our families and for us all“, he proclaimed. Garthon shook his head. “Is that so, Lord Tully? Because for me, it looks like you take a group of good men and lead them to slaughter“ Every word was cold as ice. Torvin gave his brother a sharp glare. Not now! Garthon was charming, yes, but he was also gifted with the ability to be terrible when he wanted to. “You take men like my brother, like Gabin, like George and tell them that you can bring down Harren the Black? The man's shit is more cruel than all of you combined. Do you have family?“, Garthon continued. Torvin closed his eyes. Why exactly had he taken Garthon with him again? Tully was remarkably calm, but Torvin noticed the dangerous look in his eyes. “I'm doing this for my family, Garthon. More than anything else, I'm doing this for my family. I won't let Harren Hoare live long enough to use them against me“, he spoke.

“He already is using them against you, Lord Tully. He doesn't know, he doesn't care. But he is using them against you. You fear for them, but in your fear you do exactly what the king wants. Can't you see that?“, Garthon explained, his voice slightly softer. Tullys gaze was still as ferocious as before. “If you don't believe in our cause, why are you here?“, he asked.

Garthon smiled, a cold smile, able to cut rocks. “Because one of the men you're going to kill is my brother! And I won't let him die alone, Lord Tully, I won't. I don't believe in you or anything you could ever tell me. But I believe in Torvin. I always believe in him And I will stay with him, through night and rain, until the last storm ends. Always...“, he explained. Torvin looked at his brother in surprise. He always knew that Garthon was loyal, but he had never thought about it. He simply expected loyalty, by his brother and by his crew.

Lord Tullys gaze softened and he looked at Torvin. “My brother once almost killed me over a girl. He left the house and the continent for Essos and brings only disgrace to my family. You can call yourself blessed for having a brother like Garthon, Captain Breaker“ Then he looked at Garthon. “I'm glad we clarified that. As long as you stay loyal to your brother, I trust you. And I hope that, in time, you will also learn to trust me“

“With all due respect, Lord Tully. But shouldn't we get to talk about why we're here?“, Torvin asked. He felt moved and that maked him slightly uncomfortable. He had Iron in his blood and was forged by salt and sea. He wasn't used to show emotion. But suddenly. he was glad that Garthon was on his side. And he had no doubt about this.

Tully cleared his throat. “Yes! Of course. You all know that we have to bring down Harren Hoare. But the king is no fool. We need people to gain his trust. And we need to have the weaponry to kill him“, he explained. Torvin thought about his spear and was certain that he could kill a king with it.

Before he could ask what Tully meant with this, the Riverlord continued. “I have only a few people with me who know about our plans. George is absolutely loyal to me. And Gabin will help us to set right what King Hoare did wrong. But they also have a certain use for our cause. George is my most loyal man. He will travel to Maidenpool, where he will meet a smuggler from Essos. The man is in contact with a bowyer from Norvos. This bowyer created a crossbow, a small thing, able to be folded and hid under a cloak, but still able to shoot through fine armour. This is a weapon kings are made with. Additionally, the smuggler will provide us with poison from the city of Quarth. Able to kill a man a heartbeat. Gabin will stay in Harrenhal in the meantime“, he explained, while giving Gabin a sign to speak.

“I am in a low position in Lord Reymand Orkwoods household guard. In this position I... got acquainted with Harlan Hoare, the kings second son. It is a long story, but Harlan starts to trust me. I will use this to bring us close to the King. With the help of this weapons, we should be able to kill him, in private“, Gabin explained.

Garthon let out a laugh.“That is your plan, Tully? Your great plan involves a crossbow and the hope that Harren Hoares monster of a son befriends a lowly guard?“, he asked in disbelief. Tully shook his head. “Absolutely not, Garthon. While George and Gabin will bring us close to the king and bring us a weapon that can be smuggled past his bodyguards, I will use my connections and my wealth to ensure that the guards look away. To ensure that nobody hears or sees anything when Harren Hoare takes his last breath. To ensure that he dies alone like the swine he is. Behind the scenes, this is a plan that is in motion for over ten years. Killing the king isn't the hardest part, I can assure you that“, he explained.

Garthon laughed, this time he even sounded amused. “Well, I haven't been expecting to get out of this alive either way. Why not wasting my life for madness?“, he said. Torvin looked Tully in the eyes, uncertain what to think about it. The way Tully just proclaimed his plan... something in his voice made him believe in Edmyn Tully and his plan. The Riverlord was a cautious man. He would never risk something like that without being certain that it will work.

“Now that you support us, we can support Gabin and George. The journey to Maidenpool is a dangerous one, however I fear that staying in Harrenhal is even more dangerous. I would like to have one of you go with George and one of you help Gabin in winning Harlan Hoares trust“, Tully explained.

Garthon shook his head. “I'm not deciding how I want to die. Your call Torvin...“, he said. Torvin looked at Tully. Sure, the plan sounded risky. But he would not back out. He was not afraid. Not of Harren Hoare. Not of anybody. He would do his part.

[Travel with George to Maidenpool] [Stay with Gabin in Harrenhal]

• [Stay with Gabin in Harrenhal]

It's more dangerous, that's good.

The next part should be up later today. So... that did not work like I wanted it to. University proved to be unpredictable. Still, h

Awesome Chapter!!!

The next part should be up later today. So... that did not work like I wanted it to. University proved to be unpredictable. Still, h

I'm loving the story so far. Though there were quite a few spelling errors. But besides from that, it is looking great!

• [Travel with George to Maidenpool]

• [Stay with Gabin in Harrenhal] Great chapter! Ah, I have a good feeling for this storyline. :)

I want to get to know the Hoares.

PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY LORD GABEN, LET HIM SHOWER US WITH STEAM SALES! All jokes aside, great work yet again. I feel like the story is going somewhere great. However, there were tons of spelling errors this time, and I really do suggest a possible revision before posting? But I don't really mind, what matters is your story, and it's always great :)

• Did somebody say... Steam Sale? prepares credit card

I know that this time I did an exceptionally large amount of spelling errors. I wanted to finish the chapter yesterday, but kinda lost track of the time, so I posted it without properly rereading it. Maybe I should change my Open Office spellchecker to the english version, if that is somehow possible.

SivD1 posted: »

[Stay with Gabin in Harrenhal] PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY LORD GABEN, LET HIM SHOWER US WITH STEAM SALES! All jokes aside, great work yet again.

• I'm sure it is. For me, there is a simple button to change the language with. If not, I'm sure you can find something online.

Did somebody say... Steam Sale? prepares credit card I know that this time I did an exceptionally large amount of spelling errors. I want

• Who else thinks that Hoare is thinking about Raylansfair as well as Hightower and Royce?

• Seems logical since Raylansfair and its archive is the main point of the story.

Bounden posted: »

Who else thinks that Hoare is thinking about Raylansfair as well as Hightower and Royce?

• edited January 2015

The Voting is closed!

Torvin will stay with Gabin in Harrenhal, while Garthon will travel with George to Maidenpool

I started writing for the next part, but unfortunately lost a bit of my progress due to my pc crashing. Still, I am positive that I should manage to bring out the new part today!

On another note, the story for all three books is roughly planned now (with Book 1 already being planned in finer detail), but can always be expanded, depending on possible new characters getting submitted. And I expect some new characters to be submitted. I have a role for every character that has been submitted so far, except for the legendary Ser Jar-Jar of Binks, Bump and the charming Mike Rotch.

New characters can still appear in either book, depending on when I could use them in the story. New characters can also still be POV, but due to possible spoiler reasons, I have not marked them in this list. If you don't mind and really want a list of already planned future POV characters, I would post it here though.

I thought it could be interesting for all of you who submitted characters that have not been introduced yet, to roughly know when you can expect them to be introduced, so I decided to give you a small ( and noncommital, since my plans can change) list which character will be introduced somewhere in Book 1 (Many of them in the next 2 chapters. Act 1 is indeed mostly an introduction act) and which character will be pushed back to Book 2 (or later). Dear god, that sentence was too long.

Most likely introduced in Book 1: Drent Golton, Ser Darren Tallwood, Ser Roger "the Arrow" Hill, Normund Tavorch, Emphryus Dresfel, Alan Harking, Edward Anturion, Roman, Sawyer Kawl, Gunel, Briar Catelins, Kersea Catelins, Maron Mullendore, Jaro, I'lian, Akjen "Bear", Ser Edrick, Carvin Granver, Saint Strad, Alys Boleyn, Carma Strad, Farrell Strad, Mickaela Strad, Samuel Harrington, Alisa Karstark, Alysanne Waters, Carth Nerisial, Jax Montclair, Lee York, Ozerog "Fists" Pilaj, Ser Rodrik Stone, Raenna Minsworth, Clayton Teryl, Worland Mormont, Arleigh Mormont, Reymond (Rhea) Mormont, Dervon Mormont, Jarow, Jarcka Snow, Arthur Nathamer, Aditha Nathamer, Hackor Nathamer,

Most likely introduced in Book 2 or Book 3: Elias Tyrell, Myriah Watermont, Jenelyne, Yoreen Flowers, Herman, Ribel Orkwood, Ser Reymand Orkwood, Ai'sha al-Meereeni, Roseandre, Jeyne Redwyne, Edward Lancaster, Derren Quad, Jorn Mormont, Purple Aki, Agar the Cold, Vii the Innocent, The Hawk, The Pig, The Rat, Covarro Rednar, Kovaggo Rednar, Beopin, Maester Santigo, Amelia Dayne, Ser Tork Dayne, Ser Zont Dayne, Maester Ulman, Lira, Septa Lorlin

Characters who could be introduced in either Book: Erias Velaryon, Ser Aldrik Wolver, Ser Kasyn Luck, Benjamin Snow, Irving Todd, Septa Marlin,

Should your character be missing from this list, let me know. I likely just failed in copy/pasting his name into this announcement. Every character that is in the list in the introductory post is confirmed to appear.

• Glad to see my character (Samuel Harrington) make it early! Best of luck!

• I wouldn't mind if you told which ones you plan as POVs. It doesn't really spoil much, just put spoilertags if someone doesn't want to know and it's okay.

The Voting is closed! Torvin will stay with Gabin in Harrenhal, while Garthon will travel with George to Maidenpool I started writing

• Ser Jar-Jar of Binks, Bump and the charming Mike Rotch

Alt text

What were Bump and Mile Rotch like? I'm really curious.

The Voting is closed! Torvin will stay with Gabin in Harrenhal, while Garthon will travel with George to Maidenpool I started writing

• Bump was basically just someone bumping the submission box and telling me that this is a nice thread that deserves to be bumped.

Mike Rotch was incredibly detailed for a joke character. He is 500% years old, the 'magnificent king of the terrible city of De-Troit' and an asshole. He is also best friends with Borderlands Hugo Vasquez and has scars over his left arm that form the word ”From Hugh Jass". And so far he was the only character whose creator wasn't okay with him dying and demanded that I make Game of Thrones without death. I definitely regret that I can't put him in the story.

Ser Jar-Jar of Binks, Bump and the charming Mike Rotch What were Bump and Mile Rotch like? I'm really curious.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited January 2015

Alt text

I'm laughing so hard right now.

Bump was basically just someone bumping the submission box and telling me that this is a nice thread that deserves to be bumped. Mike Rot

Sign in to comment in this discussion.