The Walking Dead: Blood [Character Submission Open]

Comments

• [A. Signal the bus.]

Awesome Chapter!!!

Chapter 10: Among Strays Grace awoke to screams of agony. They were distant, but nonetheless present. As they faded away into the morning

• [A. Signal the bus.] who is that guy!

Grace is not stronger Noah lie and it fell like bound there...

Chapter 10: Among Strays Grace awoke to screams of agony. They were distant, but nonetheless present. As they faded away into the morning

• What do you mean by it fell like bound there?

ualexen92 posted: »

[A. Signal the bus.] who is that guy! Grace is not stronger Noah lie and it fell like bound there...

• Thanks

supersagig posted: »

[A. Signal the bus.] Awesome Chapter!!!

• He was standing very close to her, but she didn't step away. She looked up into his eyes and he stared out the window into the forest. "Do you trust me?" She asked him.

He sighed and met her eyes. "Too early to tell. You can't be too careful these days, you know?"

"Then how come you picked me up when were in the forest?" She asked back. "I was going to die. You saved me. Why?"

"I can't explain what I did." He said. "I saw a lot of people turn when I was in the city. Those people were weak. I don't know why, but I sensed something in you when I saw the way you held off that biter. I could tell you were stronger than the rest. And so I saved you."

This is bullsh*t... he is perversely homeless dude, just joking, what I mean by a bound is a connection between two of them like friendship bound that will last for a few day maybe... he seems to care but not so much

What do you mean by it fell like bound there?

• Oh a bond. Yeah they kind of do.

He was standing very close to her, but she didn't step away. She looked up into his eyes and he stared out the window into the forest. "Do y

• yeah sorry my bad hus hus hus I say fell instead of feel DAMN YOU LIVE I mean life

What do you mean by it fell like bound there?

• And bound instead of bond. No harm done haha :)

yeah sorry my bad hus hus hus I say fell instead of feel DAMN YOU LIVE I mean life

• DOUBLE MISTAKE

fell and bound I am curse today sorry about all of this

Oh a bond. Yeah they kind of do.

• It's fine haha. The message got across.

DOUBLE MISTAKE fell and bound I am curse today sorry about all of this

• Offscreen vote for [B. Hide.]

• [A. Signal the bus.]

• All right this vote was pretty slim, but Grace will signal the bus. If you guys can scoot in some last minute votes, I'd still accept them.

• [A. Signal the bus.]

• [B. Hide.]

• Thanks for the late entry :)

ComingSoon posted: »

[B. Hide.]

• Thanks for the late entry. :)

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[A. Signal the bus.]

• 66.6% of readers chose to [A. Signal the bus.]

Grace breathed a short sigh. With as much as she knew not everyone could be trusted, she couldn't fight back her own trusting personality. She felt like Noah was wrong. Even though he were honking his horn like a goddamn idiot in the middle of the forest, he was still alive. And Grace wasn't just going to throw away a human life on a whim. She jumped out into the road and began to signal toward the bus driver, waving her arms in the air.

As the bus screeched to a stop next to her, she could see the man in front was a larger man with short graying hair and square glasses. He had a bald head and a chubby face. The look on his face that Grace had mistaked for fear revealed itself to be determination. Maybe there was a reason he was honking his horn... He opened the door and turned to her. "You need to get off the road!" He shouted.

"What? Why?" Grace asked. "Do you need help?"

"Nah!" He shouted. His voice was very gruff and serious. "Girl, I am the help! Get off the road!" Grace didn't have time to comprehend what he said before the doors closed and the massive vehicle sped off in the direction it was originally travelling, continuing to honk its horn every couple feet.

"What the fuck?" Noah said, stepping out into the open, seeming just as confused as Grace was.

"I have no idea." She shrugged, raising an eyebrow.

About three minutes after the bus passed by and out of sight, She turned around to the hill the bus came from. She noticed another car, an offwhite minivan with tan stripes on the side, driving very slowly down the road. It couldn't have been driving past only ten miles per hour. "What are they doing?" Noah muttered under his breath.

He started to raise his handgun to the car, but Grace caught his arm and lowered it. She could tell it wasn't a coincedence this car came directly after the bus. "The guy in the bus wasn't an idiot..." She started. "He was a genius."

"And how? Pray tell." He answered.

"They could be in the same group as these guys. He's driving down the road in his giant-ass bus. And everyone else is holed up in the van following closely behind..." Grace was piecing their plan together bit by bit. The more she thought about it, the more she respected the creativity of the idea. "The walkers will all be drawn to the bus, and will pass harmlessly past the slow-moving car."

"Shit..." He cursed. His face of confusion became one of realization. "That's one smart son of a bitch."

The two of them waited for the van to draw a bit closer. She could see that the driver of the car was a giant Caucasian man. He was so tall he could barely fit inside the van, and she could see the sun shining off of his short blonde hair. There was a young woman, looking not much older than Grace, with bright blonde hair sitting in the passenger seat. There was something vaguely familiar about her. The two were bickering about something. She slapped the man on the arm and he responded with an angry expression, but then seemed to comply with her demand. The van pulled to a stop at Noah and Grace's feet. The van group didn't seem to notice them standing behind the trees. The woman opened her car door and stepped out. "We need a place to stay!" She raised her voice. "We've been on the road for two fucking days!"

"We need to get to the city!" The tall man said, stepping out of the car himself. "You were the bitch who wanted to get to the city so much!"

"I want to find a rest stop more!"

The side doors of the van opened and four more people stumbled out. There was a smaller old woman with short gray hair. She gave quick glances to the argument playing out. She seemed very shy. The second person to exit the vehicle was a lanky Asian man with no hair on his head. As soon as he put both feet on the ground, he pushed his thin glasses up onto the bridge of his nose, then turned around to help the next person out. She was a young girl that looked to be in high school. Her silky brown hair was tied in a bun and she held a pad of paper in her arm. The last to exit was a young African-American boy that looked to be not older than ten, if not a bit younger. They were certainly a very diverse group of characters.

"I so sick of that shitty van!" The boy cursed, stretching his back as far as he could.

"Winston!" The woman who had been in the front seat interrupted her argument with the tall man to scold the boy. "How many times have I told you not to say that word?"

"But Natalie!" He complained. "You say it all the time!"

"That doesn't change anything." She scowled. "You're only ten years old."

"Lay off the boy, Natalie." The Asian man spoke, raising his hands to try to calm her down. "It's just a word."

She replied angrily. "That's easy for you to say, Quentin! You don't have a child!" The man scowled at her. I could tell there was a sense of scorn between them.

"Nice little group." Noah whispered from behind the next tree, and Grace managed a chuckle at the comment.

Grace flipped her hair back behind her head, trying to get rid of the tangles in it. "You should have seen my high school basketball team." She bit her lip when she remembered... Ashley was on that team too... She sucked in her gut and turned around. She strode up to the group with arms outstretched. Noah hesitantly followed. "Hey, I'm Grace!" She introduced herself.

The woman named Natalie jumped, her baggy clothes that looked as though they did not fit her flew with the motion of her body. "Whoa! Where did you come from!"

"Who the hell are you people?" The tall rash man yelled as he backed away from them a bit. Grace noticed he was wearing a brown coat indicating he was from the Savannah police department. Her heart dropped in her chest when she realized she could be arrested for breaking into the home... She'd never even gotten close to being arrested before.

"I'm Grace and this is Noah." She told them, a little less confidently. She was trying as hard as she could not to sound threatening. She could see the look of slight fear on everyone's faces. "You guys were looking for a place to stay? We've got plenty of room for all of you guys."

"That cabin looks pretty small..." The young girl with the brown hair and narrow face suggested hesitantly.

"Grace, we don't got much room." Noah said. "There are only two bedrooms. Leo's sleeping in one of 'em."

"Did you hear me wrong?" Grace raised an eyebrow. "I said we had room, not beds." He sighed and looked back at the six people standing before us. "So, you guys gonna introduce yourselves?"

The tall man stepped forward, feeling threatened through Grace's opposite intent. "You gonna let us in first? I'm not telling you jackshit til' we get inside."

The girl with the pad and paper stepped forward, giving a judgemental look to the men and women standing beside her. "Don't mind them." She told Grace, smiling. "They're just a bit on edge, with everything that's happened. My name is Laura Paul. Nice to meet you."

"You're just a kid..." Noah said skeptically.

"Yeah, and you're just an adult." She replied. "Why exactly does that matter? Anyway, the woman here that won't say anything is Katherine." The old woman's brown eyes quickly shot up from their position on the ground to look at us and then back down. "The other kid is Winston, and his mom is Natalie." Grace wanted to ask how Winston was Natalie's son, but she figured it was a question for another time. Laura pointed to the asian man standing next to her. "This guy is Quentin. He's a doctor."

"Certified physician." He corrected her, nodding his head up and down.

"Whatever." She continued. "This last guy is Sebastien. He likes to be called by his last name, Redwell, but we all just call him Sebastien."

"Hey fuck you!" Sebastien shouted. "You can't talk to me that way! I'm older than you are."

"Yeah, but I'm doing the talking! Case and point!" Laura smiled. She had a very persuasive tone to her voice. She would have made a natural lawyer. Sebastien's hand hovered over the handgun strapped to his belt. He seemed very angry that he was being pushed around by a 14-year-old. "You gonna use that?" She asked. "Tell it to the ten or twelve walkers that are going to get over that hill in three...two...one..."

Just as she predicted, there were the same number of the lifeless corpses that roamed the earth now approaching over the hill in the direction from which they came. "Let's get back to the house." Grace suggested. "I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to be standing here when those things get here." A few of the members of the group began to run towards the house, but I stopped them. "We can take our time. They move slow, and they're travelling towards that bus you guys sent. That was a brilliant idea that guy had."

Natalie shrugged. "Jared? I'd be surprised if you could get a simple math problem out of that fat lard."

"Natalie!" Winston complained. "That's really mean!"

"It's true!" She sighed and turned to Noah and Grace. "Anyway, that wasn't Jared's idea. That idea belonged to Laura."

Grace turned to the girl with her brown locks in a bun behind her head, impressed at the level of maturity she was displaying. She smiled sweetly back. "It just seemed like common sense to me. Regardless, every body that passes by this house following that bus is another bullet in Sebastien's gun."

End of Chapter 10

• great chapter!!!

66.6% of readers chose to [A. Signal the bus.] Grace breathed a short sigh. With as much as she knew not everyone could be trusted, she

• Awesome ending...interested to see how these people will turn out.

66.6% of readers chose to [A. Signal the bus.] Grace breathed a short sigh. With as much as she knew not everyone could be trusted, she

• Thanks. Yeah they're an interesting group.

ComingSoon posted: »

Awesome ending...interested to see how these people will turn out.

• All right we're right in the middle of part 1! I'd appreciate it if you guys would give some feedback.

1. Who is your favorite character?
    2. What was your favorite chapter?
    3. What do you think will happen next?
    4. Any recommendations for improvement?
    1. NOPE
    2. Chapter 1: We are Survivors
    3. Well it depends of many thinks, but in the end I hope they will meet each one... there is a change that we end up with Oberson or for some chars that are really with him...
    4. As writer of you have to take what you have and improve it maybe and slowly but keep the original character, what I mean is you don't have to add a EXTRA backstory that you don't know about any character, you should ask us about character backstory or if we agreed that they should have or be what you want them... hard to explain but I give you an cubic apple and you change shape to round, I may like or may not... I strongly suggest you to rethink the whole story of Oberson

All right we're right in the middle of part 1! I'd appreciate it if you guys would give some feedback. * Who is your favorite character

• What's wrong with Oberson?

* NOPE * Chapter 1: We are Survivors * Well it depends of many thinks, but in the end I hope they will meet each one... there is a change

• 1. From the PoV's I enjoyed Grace the most and I really loved Laura at the end of the latest part. I have the feeling she could become my favourite character pretty soon.

2. I found either Chapter 3 or Chapter 9 to be the most thrilling.

3. It's going to get worse. Much worse. I have the feeling the military won't stay in the shape they are, but other than that I don't think I can make predictions

4. I love it! I really love it and I am seriously bad at giving negative criticism. So, I say a couple of things that are already great in your story but are nonetheless my favourite things in a story: Character interactions, Calm moments and Character development. It already is really well-done in this story, but since these are the things I can never get enough of I would not mind if there were even more of them.

All right we're right in the middle of part 1! I'd appreciate it if you guys would give some feedback. * Who is your favorite character

• Haha thanks. :P and yeah it's going to get just a bit worse.

1. From the PoV's I enjoyed Grace the most and I really loved Laura at the end of the latest part. I have the feeling she could become my fa

• 1.) To many to choose. Don't make me choose.

2.) Probably chapter 9

3.) Shits gonna hit the fan.

4.) No criticism here, I like the way you do.

• Thank ya kindly.

mr.quality posted: »

1.) To many to choose. Don't make me choose. 2.) Probably chapter 9 3.) Shits gonna hit the fan. 4.) No criticism here, I like the way you do.

• Who are a few of your favorite characters then?

mr.quality posted: »

1.) To many to choose. Don't make me choose. 2.) Probably chapter 9 3.) Shits gonna hit the fan. 4.) No criticism here, I like the way you do.

• There is nothing wrong with him at least util now but... you want us to go with Oberson so we can meet new characters that was complete fail in my opinion... the readers don't agreed, you can read about him CrawfordOberson he is just powerhunger and he will eliminate weakness, you know how is like... a few character will be eliminate in special that one that are weak and we all have weakness in the end, is just you start him as a lunatic walking around and pooping sh!t about apocalypse, ok ok there was a cop with him but before we made choice you need to give us a reason to go with him not blind fate in lunatic hus hus hus what I mean to say is you write that chapter bad instead of show us what is out there so we can make good choice... otherwise is ok

Rosalyn is one of most strange character, I do not like that she is drinking too much but she is ok... I am really curios.

What's wrong with Oberson?

• They'll get to him eventually. That choice just changes the time before they do. It changed when they meet him. I tried to give a reason to go with him. Everyone knew the apocalypse he was talking about was real. It was preserving Rosalyn's short-term safety vs. her long term safety.

And what do you find strange about Rosalyn?

There is nothing wrong with him at least util now but... you want us to go with Oberson so we can meet new characters that was complete fail

• hmm Rosalyn is strange because she was female wrestler... (long pause) it has a joke maybe btw wrestling is fake

They'll get to him eventually. That choice just changes the time before they do. It changed when they meet him. I tried to give a reason to

• Well yeah professional wrestling is fake. She was one of the real ones. I'm going to explain that in the book later.

hmm Rosalyn is strange because she was female wrestler... (long pause) it has a joke maybe btw wrestling is fake

• Well yeah professional wrestling is fake. She was one of the real ones. I'm going to explain that in the book later.

• Chapter 11: Stragglers

Grace Peters

People always used to tell Grace she was special. She never believed them. They told her that she was good at leading people, and she didn't believe them then either. She hated when people put her above others. She knew she was the same as her and she wanted that fact to go uncorrupted. She was only as simple as they would let her be. She enjoyed being simple. That was her.

"Let me have a look." Quentin said emotionlessly, leaning down to Leo's limp body. "If it's like you say, He could already be gone."

"What do you mean?" Grace asked frantically. "We sealed up the wound. The bleeding stopped. How could he be dead?"

"He may have lost too much blood." He replied, taking Leo's hand in his, checking his pulse. "It's a long shot. I'll do everything I can to help your friend, but I can't guarantee anything."

Noah took her by the shoulder and spun her around. "C'mon, Grace. Let's give the doctor some space."

"That would be great, thanks." Quentin said, without looking either of them in the eye. "I work better when people aren't breathing down my back." Grace turned around and exited the room, leaving Leo alone with the young doctor. He didn't look older than 30. He must be new to the job.

"She'll make it." Noah told her confidently after they shut the door. "I've seen people come back from worse. Much worse..."

"Like what?"

"Like Leo did back in that car on the road." He replied. "If he can come back from that, I have no doubt he can come back from this."

Grace smiled at him. "Thank you, Noah."

"You blame yourself don't you?" He asked her.

"What?"

"You blame yourself for him being like this." Noah asked her, stroking his beard with his fingers. "You think, since you're the one who crashed into him, you owe it to him to save his life. I'm going to tell you, you don't owe this guy anything, Grace. When you owe people things is when your life can go to shit. It's much better on this side of the river."

"It's already gone to shit..." Grace spoke, remembering Ashley's colorless eyes for one more time.

He nodded in agreement and turned around toward the hallway. The remaining five people rested in the living room, arguing up a storm. The two of them walked into the room. Grace sat down beside Laura on the couch, and Noah leaned on the wall, away from it all. Grace couldn't tell if he didn't like these new people or he was just shy.

"What the fuck?" Sebastien swore, glancing around at each person in the room. "When I say I want to get down to the city before making a stop, I mean it!"

"We need to rest!" Natalie replied loudly, throwing her hair back behind her head. "Get some food! We haven't eaten in two days."

Katherine, the old woman in the room, nodded her frail head and held her hand on her stomach. She wanted food too. "It's okay." Winston said, sweetly, patting her on the shoulder. "We'll find food soon. We're all hungry."

"My son is going to have some food in him by the end of the day!" Natalie barked. "No one is going to argue with that!"

Laura raised her hands in the air, trying to calm them down. "No one's arguing with-"

"I am!" Sebastien shouted. "Now you're gonna listen to me! We are packing up our bags right now and driving the fuck out of here!"

"We're staying here!" Grace shouted back at him, inserting my opinion into the argument. "I've got a friend injured back there and you've got a doctor with your group."

"Who said you're a part of this conversation, bitch?" He scowled. Grace squinted angrily at him and Noah stood up from his leaning position, looking angry as well. "We met you ten fucking minutes ago. Your opinion doesn't carry no weight."

"Say that again." Noah spoke through his teeth.

"Noah, I can fight my own fights." She told him, attempting to calm him down. She stood up out of her seat and Sebastien stood up close to her to counter it. He stood at least half a foot taller than Grace, but she didn't care. "Who are you to say I don't have an opinion? We let you in here. You're safe because of us."

"You think I'm going to take orders from a damn woman? Get back to the kitchen where you belong."

Grace looked back at Noah through the corner of my eyes to see him struggling to keep himself back, twitching in the side of the face. Everyone else in the room looked annoyed, but no one did anything. Grace could tell the people were afraid of the man. She scowled at him. "You think I'm scared of you? If you want food so much, you get to the kitchen. Don't hit your head."

"Heh." Sebastien chuckled. "Dumb bitch."

Noah walked slowly up into the conversation. He put himself between Sebastien and Grace. He sighed and looked the man in the eye. "What did I say about that word?"

"What are you gonna do?" Sebastien taunted him. "Punch me? Well come on! I'll even give you the first blow." He bent down and presented his cheek to the man in front of him, watching him out of the corner of his eye.

Noah sighed and looked away from the man's eyes. "I'm sorry." He brought his fist up and drove it into the man's face. He fell to the ground, clutching his face. His police training readied him for many things, but not Noah. "Stay down, asshole."

Sebastien wheezed and spit blood onto the ground below him. Three teeth splattered onto the floor. "You bastard!" He cried. "You knocked my teeth out!"

Everyone in the room sat back in their seats, staring in shock at Noah; Grace included. "What?" He said, turning around to all of us. "Fucker had it coming."

"Yeah. He did." Natalie agreed, spitting on the ground at Sebastien's feet.

"I thought you said this house was empty!" He hissed scornfully from the ground, wiping off his mouth and staring at Natalie.

"I never said it was fucking empty!" She replied angrily, leaning out of her seat a bit in anger. "I said I knew the people that lived here...Anne and Hugh. They were good people. I used to work with Hugh." She turned to Grace, realizing they were there before their group had arrived. "Do you know what happened to them?"

Grace's blood ran cold. She did know what happened to the couple, but she didn't want to tell the woman. It would break her heart. She glanced to Noah, but he only nodded to her, letting her know that she could take this one. "Well..." She started.

"Don't give me this shit." She barked. "I have had too much this week to have to deal with this. They were my friends, Grace. You understand what it means to have friends, right?"

Grace's mind began to flood with rage. The nerve of this woman was unbelievable, to assume that she didn't have any friends. Although, she was right... She didn't have any real friends. Not after Ashley... "Of course I do."

"Then you know what it would mean to lose them. It would be unbearable."

"I did lose her." She spat back. "She's gone."

Natalie didn't seem as distraught by her answer as Grace thought she would be. It seemed just to prove her point. "Then you know how I feel. Grace... What happened to my friends?"

On one hand, Grace wanted to remain honest, but she only imagined herself, and how much better she would feel if someone told her Grace was alive. It would have been hope. It would have been something. She didn't know it Natalie truly wanted to hear the truth...

[A. Tell the truth.]

[B. Lie.]

• That's random lol

ooo I get it now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TlleoYHQyI

• [A. Tell the truth.]
    well why not... great chapter ¬‿¬

Chapter 11: Stragglers Grace Peters People always used to tell Grace she was special. She never believed them. They told her that she

• Haha thanks.

[A. Tell the truth.] well why not... great chapter ¬‿¬

Sign in to comment in this discussion.