The Walking Dead: Blood [Character Submission Open]

Comments

• Offscreen [A. Tell the truth.]

Chapter 11: Stragglers Grace Peters People always used to tell Grace she was special. She never believed them. They told her that she

• [A. Tell the truth.] why lie? lol

Awesome Chapter!!!!

Chapter 11: Stragglers Grace Peters People always used to tell Grace she was special. She never believed them. They told her that she

• Cause it's an upsetting truth haha

supersagig posted: »

[A. Tell the truth.] why lie? lol Awesome Chapter!!!!

• [A. Tell the truth.]

• And i think you should update the character list

Cause it's an upsetting truth haha

• Ah yes. Thank you for reminding me.

And i think you should update the character list

• [Tell the truth] let's hope she takes it well...

• Oh what do you think of your characters? Some of yours are there

And i think you should update the character list

• Can't promise anything :P

ComingSoon posted: »

[Tell the truth] let's hope she takes it well...

• :O that's not promising...lmao

Can't promise anything :P

• Great!!!

Oh what do you think of your characters? Some of yours are there

• Sweet.

Great!!!

• Promising is not the walking dead haha

:O that's not promising...lmao

• That is very very true O.O

Promising is not the walking dead haha

• Yeah.

That is very very true O.O

1. Not Janet
    2. 2 , in which we we could sy fuck you to Janet
    3. Janet hopefully will die
    4. KILL JANET

All right we're right in the middle of part 1! I'd appreciate it if you guys would give some feedback. * Who is your favorite character

• Ah I see you carry a distinct fondness for a certain character named Janet.

* Not Janet * 2 , in which we we could sy fuck you to Janet * Janet hopefully will die * KILL JANET

• Noah, Anna and Rose probably

Who are a few of your favorite characters then?

• Yeah. Noah and Rose are badass. I enjoy writing them.

mr.quality posted: »

Noah, Anna and Rose probably

1. Ummm... I'd say Isaac

2. Chapter 9

3. I'm not good at this so I won't even try :D Well people will die and shit :D

4. Your writing is very good, much better than mine for example :D One thing that feels weird sometimes are the sudden changes between third-person narrative and first-person narrative.

All right we're right in the middle of part 1! I'd appreciate it if you guys would give some feedback. * Who is your favorite character

• Don't sell yourself short. Your writing is some of the best I've seen on the forums. And those sudden changes from third person to first person are accidents. I originally just had grace's chapters as the books and it was in first person. I tried to convert it, so I may have made a few mistakes. Those are over now though. Chapter 11 was the last chapter like that

* Ummm... I'd say Isaac * Chapter 9 * I'm not good at this so I won't even try Well people will die and shit * Your writing is ve

• Okay, good to know. And it's not like that kind of narrative changes wouldn't be used in literature, they are just "highlighted" with italics or something like that. Anyway, looking forward for future chapters!

And thanks for the kind words :D

Don't sell yourself short. Your writing is some of the best I've seen on the forums. And those sudden changes from third person to first per

• No problem haha

Okay, good to know. And it's not like that kind of narrative changes wouldn't be used in literature, they are just "highlighted" with italics or something like that. Anyway, looking forward for future chapters! And thanks for the kind words

• It's 5 o'clock and Im closing the vote. This one was pretty obvious. Natalie's getting a huge steaming platter of truth.

• [A. Tell the truth.] Great chapter :)

• Thanks

[A. Tell the truth.] Great chapter

• How did you know? :P

Ah I see you carry a distinct fondness for a certain character named Janet.

• I'm just cool like that.

How did you know? :P

• Good luck to her...

It's 5 o'clock and Im closing the vote. This one was pretty obvious. Natalie's getting a huge steaming platter of truth.

• Damn, missed the voting. But I would have voted for the truth either way. Great chapter again, though I start to seriously dislike Sebastien.

It's 5 o'clock and Im closing the vote. This one was pretty obvious. Natalie's getting a huge steaming platter of truth.

• Votes gonna be 100% anyway. Sebastien's gonna get a bit better. He's just kind of rash.

Damn, missed the voting. But I would have voted for the truth either way. Great chapter again, though I start to seriously dislike Sebastien.

• No that is twerk, profesional twerk I mean the real ones aaa wrestling

That's random lol

• 100% of readers chose to [A. Tell the truth.]

"Yeah, I know what happened to them..." Grace answered softly. She barely had the heart to tell her what they found when they discovered this house last night. But she was going to tell her, Natalie was going to learn the truth.

"Well...?" She asked, expecting an answer.

"Yeah, we found them when we got here last night." Grace told her. "Noah and I hauled them out back. We buried them... we thought that's only what they deserved, though we never even said a word to them. I'm sorry..."

Natalie's eyes became full of disbelief. "They're dead...?" She looked to the woman on the other side of the couch, wanting with all of her heart and mind that the words she was speaking were not true. "Are they dead? They can't be."

"Dead as a door nail. You don't believe it, you can go back in the backyard and see for yourself." Noah replied, standing up from the wall and perching himself on the arm of the couch. He stood over the rest of the people in the room as if he was above their problems. But he didn't seem arrogant. He seemed...noble. It was a trait that didn't seem suiting from a man who'd spent the last few years homeless. Although, he had only said he was homeless...not helpless.

Natalie's eyes fell towards the ground. Grace could see the fear and the disbelief in them. It was fear and disbelief that was contained in them, not mourning. She looked back up, seeking more confirmation. "What happened to them?"

Grace sighed. "You don't want to know." She found it difficult to remove the image of the dead couple from her mine. It was ingrained there like the face of Ashley. No matter how many times she tried to block it out, it kept rising to the surface like rotten fruit.

Natalie wiped something off her cheek that Grace assumed was a tear before she stood up and stormed from the cabin. "Natalie!" Winston shouted, running after her.

"No, not now!" Laura caught him by the shoulder. "She's mourning. Leave her be."

"No, you don't get it!" Winston cried, tearing the girl's arms away from him. "She's dangerous when she gets like this. I've seen her like this before?"

"What do you mean?" Grace asked him, leaning down to where he stood.

"She just gets angry..." The boy replied. "She breaks things..."

"Well, either way, she's on the other side of that wall." Laura told him, patting him on the back in a comforting way. "She's got nothing to break out there except fire logs, okay?"

Winston didn't seem fully convinced, yet gave up anyway, seeing reason in Laura's eyes. She had a very persuading tone about her. "Okay..." He spoke, and hopped back onto the couch he sat in originally. He resumed talking to Katherine, who seemed very shaken up.

When Laura finished up talking to the boy, she turned to Grace and Noah and placed her hands at her sides. "Will you two come talk with me?"

"Sure." Grace replied. Noah was more skeptical, but eventually he agreed and followed the two of them. Grace led them through the hallway into the room opposite the one Leo and Quentin were in. With a hush, she closed the door behind them.

Laura sat down on the bed and Grace at the desk. Noah remained standing. "So, as I'm sure you can tell, our group, is...kind of fragile. I mean what do you expect from a bunch of people who just know each other from riding on the same bus at the wrong time?" Laura told them. "They don't like to trust anyone, but I can see you two are honest people. I don't know your friend in there with Quentin, but I'm sure you're all in the same boat."

"Yer point?" Noah replied.

"My point is, I want you to know they're not all bad." She gestured back towards the room out in the hall. "Sebastian's mouth is too big, but he's not a bad guy. He saved our lives back in Atlanta. He's the reason we're all alive right now, so don't be so hard on him. It's likely that he'll eventually save yours too. I know he comes across like an ass, but he's just loud."

"His mouth is smaller now." Noah chuckled to himself, running a hand through his beard. Grace managed a chuckle herself, remembering the teeth that had fallen out.

"Him and Natalie argue a lot, but they're generally harmless." She continued. "Jared and Kate have been through hell. They're basically all either of them have left. She's probably not going to talk to us for a while, but that's just her. She's shy."

Grace nodded. "I met Jared, out on the road. I only talked to him for a split-second but he seemed like a good guy."

"Yeah, he is. Just wait til you talk to him. He's hilarious." Laura smiled. "Anyway, Quentin...yeah... No one knows anything about Quentin. He's just as reserved as Kate is, if not more. However, that guy does not have an enthused husband to tell us all about his life. He's a doctor. That's pretty much all we know."

This wasn't anything to form an opinion off of for Grace. She hadn't gotten a strong vibe from him when he was healing Leo, yet he could tell he had a very vivid personality he was trying to conceal. She didn't know what it was. "What's Winston and Natalie's story?" Grace asked. "She called him her son... What's that about?"

"I didn't really want to ask either." She sighed. "All I know is he's not adopted. So...maybe she's the godmother? Or something or other? Anyway, Winston's a sweet kid. Don't be hard on him. And Natalie... I'm not gonna lie. Natalie's a bit of a bitch."

"Control freak?"

"Control freak."

Noah walked forward toward them and sat down beside the bed, locking his eyes on hers. "And you? What's your story, Laura Paul...?"

"Me? I'm nothing special." She laughed. "I'm just a generic girl trying to get her family back. My parents are dead. My brother is off at college. These people are all I have left. Yadda yadda yadda. Let's talk about you."

"I'm sorry..." Grace told her, looking her in the eye with empathy. "So you're the leader of your little group?"

"Nah." She replied. "We don't really have a leader. We're just a bunch of people trying to survive. Sebastien likes to think he's the leader because he's a cop. Natalie's just a control freak. I'm just a girl who can think things through. Like I said, I'm nothing special."

"You got them all here safely." Noah contradicted her. "You were in the city. Not just any 'generic girl' could think of a plan like you had."

Laura frowned. "Anyone could think of something like that if they aren't busy running from biters. Just stop and think. That's what my dad used to say. It's something my brother never excelled at..."

Grace sighed and sat back in her chair. "If you're not the leader, then why is it you in here talking to us and not one of them? You seem like the voice of your little minivan group."

"Because Sebastien's three teeth lighter, Jared's down in Savannah, Natalie's not in her right mind, Kate's not gonna talk to you, Winston's ten years old, and Quentin's fixing your damn friend. I'm not the leader. Stop making me out to be. I don't want to be the leader."

"Fair enough..." Grace replied. She didn't know what to make of the girl. She very much did seem like the leader, yet she claimed not to be. One thing was for sure. This girl was smart... Smarter than her... Smarter than Noah... She was certainly smarter than the rest of her group.

"Now, I know you guys are new, and most of my group won't trust you for a while, but they'll come to know you, as long as you don't do anything stupid." She shot a glance to Noah. He seemed a bit hurt, but then remembered how he had punched Sebastien in the face and realized it was justified. "You seem smart. You know your way around the dead. You're still alive. That's why we're all gonna stay in this cabin together, okay? You and us... It's just us now."

"You guys all seem to know a lot about these dead people..." Grace stated. "So tell me... How do you get to be so adept in the ways of the apocalypse when only a day has passed."

Laura laughed, but then realized the woman in front of her was dead serious. She turned to Noah and raised an eyebrow. "Is she kidding? Where has she been?"

Grace was confused for a moment before she glared up at the other man in the room. "Noah...how long was I in that car?"

He sighed and took off his stocking cap for a moment, cleaning it from the dirt it was soaked with. He looked directly in her eyes and that same sort of feeling of empathy resonated between each of them. "Four...maybe five days... It's been a week, Grace..."

End of Chapter 11

• Um...bump. No one seemed to notice I updated.

• Been busy, sorry. It was a good chapter though :)

Um...bump. No one seemed to notice I updated.

• Haha thanks. What do you think of Laura? I spent a lot of this part on her

Been busy, sorry. It was a good chapter though

• you shouldn't...

Haha thanks. What do you think of Laura? I spent a lot of this part on her

• Why not?

ualexen92 posted: »

you shouldn't...

• You will get use to it, and when you get use to it it will be like this...

Character 1 and Character 2 talk happy take decision make tee, love and etc - - - - - - - - - - - - and rest will simple be there and watch of course Noah show it self in there but all chars should change to speak for them self don't you think?

sorry I am tired I don't think strait, "normal" is ok it was good

Why not?

• Oh no, other characters will get their chance to shine too, but I can't have all of them talk at once. This is Laura's time.

ualexen92 posted: »

You will get use to it, and when you get use to it it will be like this... Character 1 and Character 2 talk happy take decision make tee,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.