The Walking Dead: Blood [Character Submission Open]

Comments

• [A. Ask Usui what he meant.]

I love these calmer moments in a story, great job!

Chapter 7: Family Issues Thomas Garter Thomas pulled his long dark green sock off of his foot and let the tiny hairs beneath poke free

• Thanks.

[A. Ask Usui what he meant.] I love these calmer moments in a story, great job!

• [A. Ask Usui what he meant.]

WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN' ABOUT USUI!?! It's like one of those people in facebook with the mysterious status updates like "I'm so sad..." and when you ask why they're all "I really don't want to talk about it." :D

Anyway, amazing chapter. Calm one as you said, but those are just as necessary as the action-packed ones.

Chapter 7: Family Issues Thomas Garter Thomas pulled his long dark green sock off of his foot and let the tiny hairs beneath poke free

• That's what I was thinking haha. I have to admit, when I actually wrote that part, I had no idea what it was Gary said, but I figured it out :P

[A. Ask Usui what he meant.] WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN' ABOUT USUI!?! It's like one of those people in facebook with the mysterious status upda

• WOT are you crazy !!! you improve on the way this is gonna to be glorious. ⋋_⋌

That's what I was thinking haha. I have to admit, when I actually wrote that part, I had no idea what it was Gary said, but I figured it out :P

• Don't worry. It works.

ualexen92 posted: »

WOT are you crazy !!! you improve on the way this is gonna to be glorious. ⋋_⋌

• [Ask Usui what he meant]

great chapter!!

• [Ask Usui what he meant]

• edited March 2015

Hey guys, I know this is a short part, but the first half was long. I know it's not according to schedule, but at least it's earlier. Next chapter will most likely come out tomorrow around 5.

100% of readers chose to [A. Ask Usui what he meant.]

"Hey, Swee." Thomas said, in a sort of hushed, whispery tone. "What do you mean? What did Gary say?"

"Oh, nothing." Usui replied, not bothering to get up from his position on the bed. "He just said that everything was gonna be alright. I agree with him."

Thomas doubted his words. If they were true, Usui wouldn't have said, "oh nothing." Usui had always been the type that wasn't above lying, so this didn't surprise Thomas at all. That didn't seem like something Gary would say. He played it off as though he still believed him though. Thomas had a very good sense of being able to tell when people were lying. "Ah." He replied. "That's nice of him to say, considering he hit Parker on the road and all..."

"Yeah." He laughed. "Now goodnight Tom. Will's gonna kill us if he hears us talking after lights out."

Thomas closed his eyes again, but this time, in less of a good mood. He turned the question over and over in his head. What did Gary say? He had nothing close to a clue about what it was, and it was these thoughts that kept him awake.

They told Thomas his insomnia would end when he got out of high school, but here he was, two years out, and still not much sleep. No matter how hard he clenched his eyes to each other, the sleep just didn't come. And so he gave up. He let the darkness of the night rush in once more, opening his eyes.

He looked toward the light of the clock in the corner of the ceiling. He found comfort in the small amount of light it gave off. It read, "9:13" in big red neon symbols. The light meant the room was not complete isolation. The light provided a hope in the midst of the darkness the room held inside it.

And then the power went out, and the light from the clock went with it.

End of Chapter 7

• Great chapter!!!

Hey guys, I know this is a short part, but the first half was long. I know it's not according to schedule, but at least it's earlier. Next c

• Wow, that's intense. Great chapter!

Hey guys, I know this is a short part, but the first half was long. I know it's not according to schedule, but at least it's earlier. Next c

• Awesome job! :D

• edited March 2015

Amazing Chapter!!

• edited March 2015

Chapter 8: The New Nation

Rosalyn Tamlin

The man standing before her spoke of new civilization. He talked as though his word were the last. As though each sentence that poured from his mouth was liquid gold. For a short period, Rosalyn actually felt inclined to believe him. But the last time she had seen a man stand above them like this, it didn't end well.

"Brothers! Sisters!" Oberson yelled over the heads of the people in the crowd. "There will come a war! And much death! But if you come with me, that death can be avoided! If you come with me, I can protect you!"

"Why should we just hop up and go with you?" Yelled a blonde woman in the front the crowd in anger. People began to cheer behind her. "What kind of war is coming?"

He stood above them on the hummer as though he thought himself a god. "I have seen the happenings of tomorrow! Terrible happenings! Ones that will leave you and your loved ones in a state that no man, woman or child, should ever have to endure. I am here simply to give you all a chance to relieve yourself of that. Come with me, and you have a chance to live."

"Yeah and I am here simply to tell you to fuck off!" The woman yelled again.

Oberson got down from his seat in the hummer, landing promptly on the ground. He stood at the average male height, yet his ego allowed him to gain advantage over the conversation. He walked right up next to the woman and talked to her. "What is your name, miss?" Then, as she was about to respond, he stopped her with his index finger in the air. "No wait... Willie, right? Willie Fisher? You've got a son named Barry and a daughter named Payton. And what was it you did for work? Credit card company?"

"All right... I've heard enough." The woman sighed. "I get it. You're a psychic."

"No." Oberson replied, through his megaphone. "I'm a clairvoyant, and tomorrow is going to be the day the world ends." He turned to the crowd around him, to find impressed faces and a few clapping hands. "And that is why, friends, you need to come with me. Pack up your essentials right now. I have a plot of land up north where we'll be safe. But only if you come with me. Together we survive. Alone we fall."

Four or five of the people in the crowd began to walk forward hesitantly, as though they were ready to turn their lives over to this man. Rosalyn wasn't so sure. She'd seen many people that were very gullible, but she'd never been classified as one of them. Oberson's smile grew larger and larger the more men and women stepped forward out of the crowd to join him.

Rosalyn wasn't sure if she could jump on this bandwagon just yet. She was sure, that if this man was telling the truth and the end of the world really would happen tomorrow, there was no place she would rather Isaac and her be than a plot of land north of town where they'd be safe, but it seemed like a long shot.

Rosalyn looked at a few of the people in the center of circle where Oberson, Willie and his chaperone stood. There was a woman and a younger girl, whom shared the same hair color and style standing next to each other. Rosalyn wondered if they were mother and daughter. Next, there was a tall, skinny man with a mop of average-length brown hair wearing a shirt with the name of some video game on it. Then, there was a large, strong-looking Japanese man and a high school girl sitting in a wheelchair, rolling around trying to comprehend the situation. There was a police officer with a long leather jacket on. Rosalyn found it strange he wasn't arresting any of them for public disturbance, but he seemed more mesmerized by the display than anything. Lastly, there was a woman slightly older than her with short bright blonde hair wearing a very brightly colored top. She looked like a cheerleader...Rosalyn hated cheerleaders... As the crowd of people gathered in the center, Rosalyn wasn't entirely sure whether or not to follow them.

"Thank you all for your support of the cause." Oberson said through his microphone. "If any of you would like to join me for the evening, you may want go and pack your bags now. I will be leaving with any following me in half an hour. Remember everyone, when the world ends, you should be on the right side. We are part of a new nation... One that will survive longer than the United States. We will have community. We will have peace while the rest of the world kills itself slowly and painfully outside our walls. If any of you want to live, pack your bags."

[A. Pack your bags.]

[B. Stay at home.]

• [A. Pack your bags.]

Chapter 8: The New Nation Rosalyn Tamlin The man standing before her spoke of new civilization. He talked as though his word were the

• [B. Stay at home.]

There is no way going with that nutjob Oberson will end well, especially considering what he will think of Isaac

Chapter 8: The New Nation Rosalyn Tamlin The man standing before her spoke of new civilization. He talked as though his word were the

• Any thoughts on why?

[A. Pack your bags.]

• One offscreen for [A. Pack your bags.]

• Yeah. This decision is like short-term safety vs. long-term safety.

[B. Stay at home.] There is no way going with that nutjob Oberson will end well, especially considering what he will think of Isaac

• [B. Stay at home.]

• [B. Stay at home.] Fuck Crawford. If we go Issac will get killed

Awesome Chapter!!!

• [B. Stay at home.]

• Yes, but he is correct about the world ending tomorrow. I, personally, would have gone with him.

supersagig posted: »

[B. Stay at home.] Fuck Crawford. If we go Issac will get killed Awesome Chapter!!!

• [B.stay at home]

This guy obviously had to much of the kool-Aid...

• [stay at home]

Honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable with that guy.

• That may be an understatement haha.

mr.quality posted: »

[B.stay at home] This guy obviously had to much of the kool-Aid...

• Sorry I couldn't keep the schedule guys, but the second half is about halfway done. It's much longer to compensate for the shorter first half.

• Stay at home

• 77.8% of readers chose to [B. Stay at home.]

Rosalyn scoffed and turned her back to the man in the street. She didn't need to hear his lies. She'd done that one too many times. She'd always been the kind of person who didn't believe the word of strangers, no matter how convincing they were. Crawford Oberson was a fool, and a doomsayer. Even if he did it in a very flashy manner, Rosalyn knew his words were false.

She turned and began to walk back towards her aparment, back to the red wine she was sharing with her brother. But his words caught her ear. "Young lady!" He exclaimed, hopping down from his vehicle. Rosalyn spun back around and found Oberson strolling toward her, sporting a large grin. The man had a very unattractive face, yet his charming voice made up for it. "Where are you going? These streets will be flowing with death around this time tomorrow. You need to come with me."

"I don't need to go anywhere, asshole." She angrily spat at him. She never did have a soft spot for dictators.

"Asshole?" Crawford's smile vanished from his face. "I'm an asshole? I'm not an asshole. I only come preaching the truth. If you don't come with me, you will die."

"And I'm supposed to just believe that?" She began to walk closer to him, showing him she wasn't afraid. She looked around and saw the crowd was now focusing upon her outburst. "What are you going to do? Make me go with you? Because I can call the police right now for kidnapping."

"Of course not. You have a choice. I'm simply warning you of the events to come." Oberson turned around, as if this was a show for the people of the crowd. "Have I stressed enough that I can see clearly in my mind what will happen in the future? If that doesn't buy your trust, I don't know what does."

Rosalyn held her hand behind her back and put up a certain amount of her fingers. "If you can tell the future, how many fingers am I holding up?"

"...four." He burst, as though he was not sure. Rosalyn withdrew her hand on her back, dismayed, as she peered down at the four fingers on her hand. Crawford laughed victoriously. "I'm a clairvoyant, miss. And I know, without a doubt, that if you stay here, you will die. Hell will break through the crust of the earth tomorrow."

"And who's to say it won't break through the crust of your settlement up north?" She replied angrily.

"Yeah!" Another woman with long blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail backed her up, taking up a part in the conversation. "What makes you so sure that your place will be safe?"

"Why don't you just come and find out?" He asked them. "You won't have to stay long. Only until this all blows over. Has it really ever bothered you that much to sleep in a bed away from home?"

"Sorry. I told myself I'd never sleep with strangers." The blonde woman shot back at him.

Oberson laughed with a sort of snake-like grin. "I'm not asking you to sleep with me. Believe me, if I was, you would know it." Rosalyn felt very uncomfortable around this man. She knew something was off about him. Something was wrong. "There is a small community in northern Savannah with a hundred homes willing to accept guests. This is the only community that will be safe while the entire world goes to shit."

Rosalyn looked the man in the eyes for a moment, and then looked away, shaking her head. "If hell's pouring into the streets, I think I'll take my chances on the streets."

The man who thought himself above the rest in front of her gave her a disappointed look. "I'm very sorry to hear that. You would have made a valuable addition. Well, if you or your friend decide to change your minds, We will be sitting outside your apartment waiting for the next fifteen minutes."

As Oberson turned around and strode back towards his vehicle, the blonde woman next to Rosalyn turned to her and extended her hand of friendship. "My name's Anna Correa. What's yours?"

"Rosalyn Tamlin." She responded, much more inclined to take this woman's hand than the hand of the man with the beard and glasses standing beside his hummer. Anna looked about three or so years older than she did. Rosalyn guessed she was just out of college. She had thin features and a smile that told her she was joyful.

"That was really something, huh?" Anna laughed. "It's not everyday you get a doomsayer prancing through the neighborhood."

"Yeah." Rosalyn agreed. "And it's not every day everyone to decides to up and believe said doomsayer. It's all stupid if you ask me."

Anna walked over to the side of the street and sat down on a bench next to Rosalyn's apartment. She followed and sat down beside her. "God...My legs have been killing me all day." She said, reaching down and massaging her ankle with her fingers. "I've been walking for hours. My boyfriend is a marathon runner. He goes on the longest walks..."

"Hm..." Rosalyn replied, trying to maintain conversation. It had been a long time since she held any decent conversation such as this. "Where do you live?"

"I live on the west side of the city." She said. Rosalyn eyebrows raised a bit higher, impressed. She lived on the east side of town, by the shoreline. "Michael is just using the restroom inside one of the apartments here. He should be out soon."

"You know, you and your boyfriend are welcome to come up and rest in my apartment if you'd like." Rosalyn smiled, offering her hand in friendship. "I'm sure you've walked a long way. You must be tired."

"Well, I am. He's not." Anna laughed. "Nah. I don't want to be rude."

"It's really not a big deal." Rosalyn told her. "I just opened a bottle of red wine."

"Wine?" Anna chuckled, wiping the sweat off her forehead. "You've, what, talked to me for maybe five minutes and already you're inviting me in for a drink? Are we in fucking Canada now? Surely we didn't walk that far..."

Rosalyn made a smirk at the remark, but it quickly faded. She glanced back up at the one room on her apartment building with the lights on. She wondered if Isaac had seen the madman on the streets. "To be honest, I've been a bit lonely. I've got my brother up there, but I don't think I've played a single chess match against him where he didn't move his knight out first. I'd like to talk to someone new for a change, you know?"

"All right, sure." Anna agreed. "I gotta get some of that wine though."

"Done." They both laughed together. Something about these two women together seemed to click. From what she had seen, Rosalyn felt they had very similar personalities. It had been a long while since she had had any real friends. Somewhere within her hoped they would end up somewhat friends.

Anna leaned back on the bench and looked out down the street towards the man standing beside his chaperone on the curb. The crowd of sheep around him was gently growing. "So, what do you think he's taking them to?"

"I don't know." Rosalyn told her, staring straight forward into the building ahead. "But I know damn well it isn't what he's telling them he's taking them to. I had something like this happen before. Robert Thorning. You ever heard of him?"

"Nope."

"Yeah well, he along with three hundred other miserable losers got conned out of our scholarship money by this guy. He just came to school one day and told everyone he had the perfect solution! A grand plan! We all thought he meant it was a plan for us. Hell no. We were the plan."

"That sounds awful..." Anna replied, sympathetically.

"I got over it." She continued, still not meeting her eyes. "We got reimbursed by the government after the guy got thrown in jail and I came out of it knowing not to trust anyone who sounds too good to be true."

"You're taking it better than I would have." She shrugged. "I would have beat the guy's ass."

"Yeah, well, I would have too, if it weren't for the inch-thick metal bars between me and him." Anna managed a laugh and Rosalyn joined in. She hadn't had this much fun talking to someone since before high school.

Rosalyn heard the ring of a bell from the right of her and out of the door to the next apartment strode a very tall man with short black hair. He breathed a sigh and Rosalyn could see his breath on the chilly fall air. Upon closer inspection, Rosalyn realized this man was Larry Coltrane. She remembered seeing him in one of her foreign language classes freshman year. He didn't have a goatee then. She didn't know him personally, but always admired him from afar. She was excited to actually get to meet him.

"I'm back, hon." He spoke in an airy voice as if he breathed through his skin. He threw his arm around Anna. "Who is this?"

"This is Rosalyn. She's invited us in for a drink." She told him, rising up from the park bench. She turned to Rosalyn and gestured toward the man standing behind her. "This is my boyfriend, Larry."

Larry seemed skeptical through his teeth. Rosalyn saw in his face, he recognized her just as she did him, but he didn't say a word. "Invited us in for a drink? We're in the middle of a walk, Anna."

Anna sighed. "We've been walking all over town. I want to sit down."

"All right, fine..." He replied, hesitantly. "I suppose we are halfway across town."

Rosalyn began to lead them back into her apartment building and up the stairs to the second floor. As she led them up the path she had grown so used to walking, they began bickering in a whispered voice whether or not they should be going to this woman's apartment. They weren't aware Rosalyn could hear every word of it.

As she inserted the key into her lock and the door creaked open, she found Isaac perched at the window, gazing down onto the street where Oberson stood, gathering people toward him. He jumped when he heard Rosalyn walking behind him. When he saw her, his smile went wide. "Are we...going down there?" He asked. "He wants to...take us with him!"

"No, we are not." Rosalyn told her twin, sitting down at the table in the center of the room by the bottle of wine that had been left open. Anna and Larry walked into the room, taking in all it had to offer. It wasn't much. Their eyes fell upon Isaac sitting in the dark green armchair by the window and glanced to Rosalyn, expecting an introduction. "Isaac, this is Larry and Anna, and they'll be helping us down this wonderful bottle of wine on the table." She saw the glass that had been his was still empty. This was what she expected. Isaac wasn't fond of alcohol. "I see you haven't drunken any more of it. That's a pity." She turned to the pair entering the room and gestured to her wooden chairs at the table. "Guys, this is Isaac. My twin brother."

The two sat in silence in the room, staring at Isaac, who's saliva was dripping down his lip like it did sometimes. Isaac was unable to control it. "Is he-" Larry started.

"Yes. He is." Rosalyn answered, before he had a chance to respond. She knew what he was going to ask, and she didn't want it to reach his ears. He was still fairly innocent.

The silence resumed itself and only the waving of the ceiling fan above broke it. Rosalyn saw Anna staring down at the bottle in longing on the table and she stood up to go get glasses. "It's been a while since I drank." Anna commented.

Rosalyn entered her kitchen and grabbed two more wine glasses, then set them out in front of their guests. She picked up the bottle and poured a good amount into each of their cups. "Thanks for inviting us here." Larry said, taking a sip of his wine.

For another hour, the four of them exchanged conversation. The more they talked, the less it was awkward and uncomfortable and the more it seemed like the four of them had been friends for a long time. Or maybe that was just the alcohol... It grew much quieter when Oberson and his band of followers left in their train of cars. Halfway through the night, Isaac ran into the closet and grabbed their chess set. When he set it up, he asked if anyone wanted to play and Larry took up the offer, smiling. He shot Rosalyn a look of amusement when Isaac moved his knight out on the first move.

Anna hiccuped, drowning in her fourth glass. Rosalyn was on her fifth. The bottle was halfway empty. "Rosalyn, can I get your number?" Anna asked. "We gotta do this more often..."

"Of course, ma'am." Rosalyn replied, standing up to go grab her phone, plugged into the wall beside the window. She hobbled to the other side of the room and plopped herself down in the armchair. When she unplugged it, she was surprised to find it was still dead. The outlet hadn't been broken for years... Dismayed, she gazed out the window, down to the street. Walking through the middle of the street, was a man. She couldn't see him clearly in the darkness, but she could tell he was leaving a trail of blood behind him. In her drunkenness, she couldn't make out in great detail what the man looked like.

Rosalyn heard a clumsy knock at the door. It sounded more like a slam with the whole arm rather than a knock with the knuckles. She exclaimed, "I got it!" She jumped up and hurried to the other side of the room. She peered through the looking glass and found a woman staring back at her. It was Mrs. Ottwell, from room 314. Something looked different about her. Her skin was all green and her eyes looked like someone spit in then. Her hair was in long strands everywhere and her glasses were cracked. Her jaw went up and down, chomping over and over on nothing. That was funny... She wasn't saying any words...

Isaac made an excited yelp. Larry's eyes shot back and forth between all the different pieces on the board, looking fearful. He smacked himself in the forehead. Isaac took his bishop, took it to the other side of the board and knocked Larry's king over on its side. He almost never won that game.

"Checkmate."

End of Chapter 8

• edited March 2015

Rosalyn is drunk and will die, Isaac it and will become 'retard', is ok.. ⊙﹏⊙

I suggest something that I don't want to see you doing, if you want us to chose 'Pack your bags' and we chose 'Stay at home'

you can start outbreak of zombie and force Rosalyn to go with Oberson if you are really want to do... the illusion of choice

77.8% of readers chose to [B. Stay at home.] Rosalyn scoffed and turned her back to the man in the street. She didn't need to hear his

• That was an awesome chapter! Now they're drunk and a zombie's at the door... O.O

77.8% of readers chose to [B. Stay at home.] Rosalyn scoffed and turned her back to the man in the street. She didn't need to hear his

• Great chapter! :)

• Awesome Part!!!

• Yeah that's a bit of a bad deal :1

ComingSoon posted: »

That was an awesome chapter! Now they're drunk and a zombie's at the door... O.O

• Well I don't want to make it the illusion of choice. If everyone wants one outcome, I'm going to write that outcome. Like with the last part, I'd have liked everyone to say pack their bags, because for me, it would have been more fun to write, since there would be a lot more characters to interact with, but I had plans for both outcomes which are equally as compelling.

Rosalyn is drunk and will die, Isaac it and will become 'retard', is ok.. ⊙﹏⊙ I suggest something that I don't want to see you doing, if

• I put in your character. :)

Great chapter!

• Thanks. What did you guys think of the ending with the checkmate thing?

supersagig posted: »

Awesome Part!!!

• checkmate

Shit.

Great chapter!!

• Yeah, it's nice seeing him! Just gotta hope he doesn't die right away :D

I put in your character.

• Thanks haha.

mr.quality posted: »

checkmate Shit. Great chapter!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.