The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• Congratulations on being released, though.

Jail sucks, I don't recommend. 3/10

• [removed]

Flog61 posted: »

CuE INTRO CREDITS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-zduNJ0t8

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited May 2015

Sleeper hit of the year. Free room and board DLC. Multiplayer is below average, but hopefully this will be corrected in an upcoming patch. 7.98/10. --IGN

Seriously though, hopefully you can stay out. Prison is no fun.

Jail sucks, I don't recommend. 3/10

• Thank you! Good luck to you too :)

AWESOMEO posted: »

Oh boy... Good luck, I'm gonna be a senior next year, supposed to be way harder than what I had so far.

• Hey, there. If this thread is becoming to "sad" (or whatever) for you, I'm just announcing that I've already made an happier thread to make you happy and/or for you to post happy comments. The title of the thread is Add Faith In Humanity ( https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/92556/add-faith-in-humanity ).

• It's frustrating to hear people make these claims for attention or sympathy, when there are people who actually do suffer from it and it completely controls their life. This also goes for medical problems.

Are you mad because fakes are getting sympathy for a mental disorder? Isn't that called Munchausen or whatever.

I hate when people self-diagnose themselves with mental disorders. It's not a "quirk", or something that makes you a special little snowflak

• If you're a U.S. citizen, creating a foreign bank account is incredibly painful.

I already got Audited this year, i'm ok for a while.

WarpSpeed posted: »

If you're a U.S. citizen, creating a foreign bank account is incredibly painful. The IRS proceeds with the assumption that you want to hide

• Because their all worried about their own life, and they feel superior when they see their neighbor fail.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Too right on point 2. American society is so sideways right now. People my age should be seriously pissed off, yet nobody says or does anything. It's amazing, really.

• Prepare for a very deep conversation and a lot of depression ahead

4 years ago, when I was 16, my older sister was diagnosed with malignant external otitis. In case you don't know what it is, its a very rare ear disease which the bacteria grows from your inner ear and into your skull, killing your brain. My family agreed to perform an operation to kill the bacteria, but however it was dangerous because radiation was being involved, possibly getting my sister cancer. The operation turned out to be failure, and killing off my sister in the process. I mourned along with my family of course, but here is what angers me.

How can everyone just forget? All of my sister's friends are just gone, even her boyfriend. Not even one of them showed up to give her support or provide care or love. Seeing how everyone moving on this way, makes me question humanity, why were they like this? It disgust me how they did that, it makes me question if they even cared at all about her passing. And yeah sure, it has been 4 years, but I can't help but feel anger towards these people, I know for a fact my sister had lots of friends, she would bring them over to our house and have sleepovers and they all genuinely looked bonded together. But when my sister was placed in the hospital, no one seemed to give a damn.

Since then, I hated life and question the people around me every day. I had to share this experience because I don't want my sister to have died for nothing, the memories I had, the love we shared, the rivalry between us. If you have a sibling or someone you cherish, please, take care of them to the best of your ability, because not everyone will.

• I am sorry about what happened to your sister, but at least you have your memories of the good times you had with her, and as long as you have that, her legacy will live on.

Prepare for a very deep conversation and a lot of depression ahead 4 years ago, when I was 16, my older sister was diagnosed with maligna

• Thank you for the kind words

I am sorry about what happened to your sister, but at least you have your memories of the good times you had with her, and as long as you have that, her legacy will live on.

• Wow. I'm very sorry for everything that happened to your family. I can't account or know for any of the friends but maybe since they didn't have to face the fact that a good friend was dead then they could pass over it quickly...Many people have different ways to cope with death and loss, I'm sure they cared but they didn't want to face it.

Still, I like to honor each one of my friends to the best of my abilities letting them know that I care for them. The world is cruel but it's not fair to everyone to judge them based on others. Still, you're sister didn't die for nothing either, she gave you and others experiences and as long as those are remembered then she truly can never die.

Prepare for a very deep conversation and a lot of depression ahead 4 years ago, when I was 16, my older sister was diagnosed with maligna

• edited May 2015

I honestly don't know how long this is gonna be, but I'm kind of mad and need to get this out so meh. This rant is probably gonna be a bit detailed (especially when I get talking about basic feminine hygiene products) so if you're squeamish about that sort of thing, don't read.

I have a huge problem with public restrooms, more specifically the public restrooms at my school. Actually, it's kind of like a collection of little problems that just keep growing and growing to the point where I don't even want to pee anymore because it's just too big of a hassle. Firstly, I have to let it be known that I hate using public restrooms, and not just because of these issues. It's just super gross and awkward. Why would I want to sit on a seat someone else sat on a hundred times before and probably doesn't get cleaned all that often, or have people listen to me do my business from the next stall over? But sometimes shit happens (literally) and there's no other choice. So is it too much to ask to make these already terrible places less terrible for everyone involved?

The first issue I have with public restrooms is the soap/soap dispensers. What's the point in even going to the bathroom or having a sink if THERE'S NO SOAP? Why even have soap dispensers if you're not going to actually fill them? Here I am, after have just used the bathroom and I'm supposed to just rinse my hands with water? Not only that, but with water that's FREEZING because the school decided that having hot water in the bathrooms was too much of a danger because people could burn themselves. ????????? Why have cold water, but not hot water to make it warm? How the hell is ANYONE supposed to get rid of the bacteria on their hands if the water is cold as ice? No wonder kids are sick all the time - they're going around with poopy hands, touching everything! When there is soap in the dispensers, it's a terrible kind of soap that probably holds little to no cleaning properties whatsoever, that smells terrible, and leaves your hands either greasy or dry. This is more of a want than a need, but soap should be gentle on the skin and fragrant instead of grainy, harsh and smelling like landfill chemicals.

Another problem I have is with paper towels. Like with the soap, I'M NOT SEEING ANY. After I'm finished rinsing my hands with water all half-assed and feeling gross, I reach for something to dry my hands with. First dispenser empty. I try the other one. Also empty. WHY? And no, this isn't just a once in a while occurrence, this is a continuous thing. This doesn't just happen in one bathroom either, but ALL of them. Again, what's the point in having paper towel dispensers if no one even bothers to fill them? What's the point in having JANITORS if they don't even do their job?? Also, another thing. Why are they so damn thin? If I am lucky to have a paper towel to dry my hands on, it's so crappy and thin that it basically falls apart and dissolves as soon as it touches my skin. Is it so much to ask to throw in a couple extra tax dollars for something we ALL need to use eventually? The same goes for this 1 ply toilet paper crap. It's not humanly possible to wipe yourself with 1 ply toilet paper. Have you tried it? IMPOSSIBLE. Fix this. You'd might as well just give us a God damn leaf. Because after all this tearing, shredding and dissolving, I'd honestly prefer it. Less germs.

The last issue I have regarding public restrooms (more specifically female restrooms) is that there are none of these:

Alt text

This is something I really don't understand. Like, at all. As you (hopefully) know, women bleed once a month. We can't control it. If we don't have anything to manage it, we're screwed. So why are feminine products so hard to get a hold of, and so expensive? Aren't they necessary? Toilet paper is necessary too, but I don't see bathrooms with toilet paper dispensers. Some schools even give out free condoms, but sex is a choice, periods aren't. It just makes no sense to me.

Phew. I feel much better now.

• I never use public restrooms for anything other than vainly primping in the mirror.

I have only seen like 3 tampon dispensers in my life, and that's not okay. I think it wouldn't hurt to invest in a dispenser and restock it every once in a while, instead of having bloody toilet paper in the garbage to clean up.

I honestly don't know how long this is gonna be, but I'm kind of mad and need to get this out so meh. This rant is probably gonna be a bit d

• Alt text

I honestly don't know how long this is gonna be, but I'm kind of mad and need to get this out so meh. This rant is probably gonna be a bit d

• I completely agree. The bathrooms at my school are absolute shit (pun can be taken if wanted). Kids stick things in the urinals to make them overflow, they stick paper towels in the sink, and they shove literal whole rolls of toilet paper into the toilet. That, or they take a huge shit and leave it there. The paper towels/soap are either empty or broken, some days I am baffled as to how I even manage to get in there, do my business, wash my hands, and get out.

• Ugh. I never want to touch ANYTHING in public restrooms. Everything it wrists and elbows in there for me. I have the kind of luck that would land me typhus or something rediculous like that. And why does that dispenser have to look like a face? Seems kind of... Unsettling.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited May 2015

I just avoid public restrooms altogether, although it is quite easier for men since there are urinals.

The paper towels never come out of the dispenser, so I had to break the damn thing open and grab a bunch. Now everyone just opens it and take loads of paper towels.

• That's incredibly messed up. I'm sorry that your family had to go through that.

It's amazing how neglectful and fickle people can be...how quickly they can forget. They're were weak and selfish. You're not. You can still try and find it in your heart to forgive them, even if they don't deserve it. Because ultimately, you're the one who has to carry the load. The rage, the pain, the betrayal. Those feelings aren't worth holding on to. It's just not not fair to you.

Once again, I'm sorry you had to experience that. I can't even imagine the pain you must feel. If I lost my sister...I don't even want to think about it.

• I never use public restrooms for anything other than vainly primping in the mirror.

Wha? HOW?!? If I never used the toilet at school/work, I'd probably explode.

I never use public restrooms for anything other than vainly primping in the mirror. I have only seen like 3 tampon dispensers in my life,

• I hope you people never leave America/Canada whatever.

• I have put what people did behind me, even if they did that, I want to send a message to everyone to let them know, that this kind of thing can happen to you. Or your friend or neighbor. So I'm asking everyone to support each other because if we don't, I honestly don't think of ourselves as humans.

That's incredibly messed up. I'm sorry that your family had to go through that. It's amazing how neglectful and fickle people can be...h

• I understand what you're trying to say, but completely drifting away from her is not just disrespectful, its unhuman. I never tried meeting them because I know I'm going to tell them things that will hurt them and I'm not like that. If people don't back each other up during situations like this, there is no hope for society.

Wow. I'm very sorry for everything that happened to your family. I can't account or know for any of the friends but maybe since they didn't

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited May 2015

Squat toilets are awesome though! Human bodies aren't designed to shit sitting down.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I hope you people never leave America/Canada whatever.

• edited May 2015

Whoops

• The toilets at my college are actually really nice, we have nice fancy hand dryers that dry your hands in about 10 seconds, the soap dispensers are always full and people actually keep them clean. The only problem is that it has reflective walls so when your stood at a urinal having a pee you can't help but stare at the guys junk stood next to you.

• I don't either, my urinary system magically turns itself off while I'm at school.

I never use public restrooms for anything other than vainly primping in the mirror. Wha? HOW?!? If I never used the toilet at school/work, I'd probably explode.

• Not exactly inhuman as it is Human nature to avoid things we dislike as in pain. Is what they did wrong? Sure. However it's like you said, if they hear the truth about everything then it will hurt them.

People should help each other and there are millions accounts of people sticking together in hardship. Even in latest times with 9/11, the Paris terrorist attack, and multiple natural disasters. It's completely unfair to lose all hope in society just because people didn't want to get hurt by being reminded of a good friends death so they drifted away.

I understand what you're trying to say, but completely drifting away from her is not just disrespectful, its unhuman. I never tried meeting

• I got some issues with public restrooms as well:

I don't like it when public restrooms have the doors that open like right in front of the urinals or stalls, so I can see people's feet and stuff. The girls' and boys' ones at mine are like this, with the guys' you can see the mirror (reflects urinals) and the closet stalls (thank God I have never used them) and in the girls' you can see a bunch of stalls (I see girls' feet regularly) and the mirror.

They also have these weird trough sinks (it's a big bowl with a pipe coming from the floor through the center that goes in a circle with the water dispensers) in the 2nd and 3rd floor men's bathrooms (not sure about girls, I think the first floor one does, [again cause of the doors that open that allows me to see it]). Like 3/4 of the water dispensers don't work, it's go irritating.

And don't get me started on unisex restrooms.

That picture is so fucking creepy. It's staring at me.

And this is really random, but I've never said this, but (assuming that is you) you are fucking gorgeous. xx -blows kiss- xx

• But there are consequences for not facing reality. Someone you respected passed away, so you would just drift away from that person and try to forget. I get that people move along, but this isn't the right way, I want to see compassion and love between each other, even if you cry your heart out, but just how can you live with yourself knowing full aware that you didn't support your friend's family.

Yes, there are far more people that suffer more than anyone and have to face difficult choices. I just hope that everyone doesn't do the same with each other like this, I know others are different and there are always good people out there. But its just my fear that these good people will fade away.

Not exactly inhuman as it is Human nature to avoid things we dislike as in pain. Is what they did wrong? Sure. However it's like you said, i

• You're right, they should've provided support...Or at least the ones that knew you. You don't know what they did beyond you. They could've cried and supported each other, just not you.

From what you've said, maybe the good people are living. You seem very hateful and spiteful about life and people from this. I know this was a horrible experience and it hurt you but you said you question everyone. You shouldn't judge others because of this and you shouldn't judge all of her friends either. It's good to keep an open mind or the good you want to see in others won't be in you.

But there are consequences for not facing reality. Someone you respected passed away, so you would just drift away from that person and try

• I'm not really one to vent to other people, but I just wanted to say I hate people who love to constantly bother you. Y-Y

• Know what? You're a good enough writer that you could write a letter to the principal, or superintendent, or heck, even the local newspaper about this. Businesses have to maintain their restrooms because if their customers are offended by them, they won't come back. But it sounds like your schools are taking the attitude that you have to show up, so why bother?

Dirty hands spread germs, and where there's no soap, there's dirty hands.

For the tampons, it's quite possible that there are some who are taking extras (more than their fair share) for use later, which is why they run out all the time, unless they're expensive enough that nobody buys one except in emergencies. I don't know what the solution is to this. Tampon tokens?

• Tampon tokens? XD

WarpSpeed posted: »

Know what? You're a good enough writer that you could write a letter to the principal, or superintendent, or heck, even the local newspaper

• Are you too nice to tell them to leave you alone? Or....

Green613 posted: »

I'm not really one to vent to other people, but I just wanted to say I hate people who love to constantly bother you. Y-Y

• No, I actually took care of it, it was just a real pain to deal with honestly :/

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Are you too nice to tell them to leave you alone? Or....

• Damn.

I got some issues with public restrooms as well: I don't like it when public restrooms have the doors that open like right in front of th

• Yes, that's true. Well I used to be anyway, this happened 4 years ago and I was at my teenage years, so I was very sensitive about it. My friends helped me let go of it, but I can't just forget my sister's friends without them talking to me. And this has been 4 years, so at this rate its obvious they won't talk to me. Anyway, I don't feel hatred towards these people, but not even compassion, know what I mean? Thank you for the help :)

You're right, they should've provided support...Or at least the ones that knew you. You don't know what they did beyond you. They could've c

• God, your school too? My school goes bat-shit nuts over uniforms. Once, a girl got suspended because her shoes had flat soles. Dead serious.

My life is unhumanly boring at the moment. I have an ingrown toenail of which is infected. I cannot wear a shoe and I must limp for even

• Death threats over two fictional characters? I'm ashamed to call myself a human being.

To be honest, that's pretty much everywhere in real life and on the Internet. The arguments on here have always been somewhat venomous including the Kenny vs Jane arguments which resulted in death threats.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.