TMI - Nothing happening

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I tried in Safe Mode and it almost looked like it tried to do something... the screen flickered but then nothing... I've taken a dump of the file running program but it's 32MB zipped... if there is any way I can give it to you guys so that you can look at it (if it would help)
  • edited July 2009
    MagooChris wrote: »
    I tried in Safe Mode and it almost looked like it tried to do something... the screen flickered but then nothing...

Same deal happened to me. Other than that, I have no other developments today. I was secretly hoping that overnight the problem would fix itself and all would be good in the world, but alas, I remain disappointed.
  • edited July 2009
    brimtastic wrote: »
    Same deal happened to me. Other than that, I have no other developments today. I was secretly hoping that overnight the problem would fix itself and all would be good in the world, but alas, I remain disappointed.

Word, I was hoping the same thing. I also thought, that there might be other things left to try, but I don't have the slightest clue, what else to do. As I can see, there are still people with the same problem around. Someone has to find a solution.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys,
    I'm assuming you all use a virus scanner of some sort, could you list out what you use?
  • edited July 2009
    "avast anti virus" (http://www.avast.com) is my program of choice. I already tried completely disabling it, but this didn't solve my problem. additionally, "spybot search&destroy" is installed on this system.
  • edited July 2009
    Im using AVG and Spybot. Like aSak disabling the former did nothing.

I went through my process list and shut down anything that wasn't required for the system to run. Didnt help.

Some kind of output debug log would have been handy for solving these kinds of issues.
  • edited July 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I'm assuming you all use a virus scanner of some sort, could you list out what you use?

I am using Avira Antivir version 9
  • edited July 2009
    Well, that's perfect - 3 people, 3 different programs. I'm guessing that someone in Telltale's developer team is just becoming crazy.
  • edited July 2009
    I am using Avast! for virus, which I have turned off.

It did not help.
  • edited July 2009
    Another anitvirus for the pot -- I'm using BitDefender Antivirus 2009. I added MonkeyIsland101.exe to BD's game mode whitelist, but all this seems to do is prevent notification pop-ups and such.
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, doesn't sound like there is any sort of commonality there. Bah! Ok, completely different track, have you tried playing with your internet completely unconnected? Just take out your ethernet cord.
  • edited July 2009
    I will try this in a few minutes. I was so keen to write a mail to Securom (because that's my guess), according to their page: http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=analysis&l=en

Maybe someone there has another idea. But - the ethernet thingie. Wait.

Ok - guess what? The problem still isn't solved. I unplugged my wlan usb stick, disabled the onboard ethernet device in my BIOS, rebooted, tried to start - still nothing. In fact, I have never seen so few nothing. :/
  • edited July 2009
    No changes.
  • edited July 2009
    Wooza, securom's support is super-fast, too. Here's what they wrote:
    Hello.

Unfortunately, after careful inspection of the analysis file and due to your
    error description, it appears that the issue is not SecuROM related.

Please continue contact with the software publisher.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team
    SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
    Well, Telltale, seems like it's your turn. Again. :)
    edited July 2009
    Ok, really stupid questions time, but do you all have plenty of space on your hard drive? Do you have multiple monitors? When the item is sitting on the taskbar, is there the possibility of right clicking on it and if so what are the available options?
  • edited July 2009
    300 GB free on one drive 320 GB on another. (Comodo antivirus, by the way). Single monitor. No item shows up in the taskbar, only the process in task manager.

I DID however finally get a half-decent procmon log saved. The very first entry was the SecuRom registry key closing, so it should cover everything the launcher hit. Let me know if you want a copy. 14MB .pml file (open in procmon). 1.4 MB zipped so should be fine if you want this emailed.
    edited July 2009
    Hey ski, could you send it over to warmstrong@telltalegames.com? It's certainly worth a shot. Thanks!
  • edited July 2009
    ...Sending now...
  • edited July 2009
    I just downloaded Sam and MAx s1e1 and the program starts up, so if there is any difference between these two programs?
  • edited July 2009
    MaGoo:
    Just doing some text comparisons between the earlier launchers and the current, a number of things had changed. For a quick demonstration, open the index.html that the launcher creates (Start the launcher, Start-->Run--> type %temp% click enter. Sort by date, find the folder the launcher created...). The earlier index.html opened alone will open as a web page with a number of portions of the launcher showing. If you try to open the newer launcher (most noticeable in IE), it will continuously reload itself. Not that this has anything to do with the problem, but just a generic example that the underlying code has changed.

I gathered from another poster somewhere that another version was able to be run by bypassing the launcher. That's not possible with the version downloaded from Telltale, but I am curious if the issue isn't the launcher alone. I understand the need to update things as you go, as the hackers have always hacked the last version, so I wouldn't suggest re-implementing an earlier version, but it might be worth looking at in the short term, even if just emailing those being vocal with a workaround. I'm really curious if this would launch with no problems if the launcher wasn't a part of the process.
  • edited July 2009
    Ok, really stupid questions time, but do you all have plenty of space on your hard drive? Do you have multiple monitors? When the item is sitting on the taskbar, is there the possibility of right clicking on it and if so what are the available options?

My hard drive is parted in two partitions. Game partition (were ToMI is) has over 80 GB free, System partition nearly 80 GB free.

one monitor only (it`s a notebook).

No item in the task bar, but right clicking on the process gives me the options:
    open path
    end process
    end process structure
    virtualisize
    make an Image
    determine priority
    determine membership/belonging
    properties/qualities
    change to service

My windows isn`t in english, therefore I translated the options, hope you could identify what they are.

One option is grey: troubleshooting/fault diagnostic.
  • edited July 2009
    I only have 11GB free, but from the sound of the other posters this wouldn't be the problem. Single monitor. And again, like the others, no taskbar item, just a process in the task manager.
  • edited July 2009

Really stupid answers time!

- I've got ~6 GB of space left on the first partition, where I installed TomI
    - around 90 GB left on an other partition (tried installing there to, but no changes)
    - I only have 1 monitor (LG Flatron W2242T)
    - There is no item in my task bar

Does this help?
  • edited July 2009
    hi my name is guybrush and i want 2 be a pirate..just kidding...
    i got teh same problem, just a process which is doing nothing
    ehm..
    iam using a desktop pc, relatively fast (fast enough to deal with monkey island and lechuck companions), one screen, one wlan adapter, no antivir, winXP pro x64 version 2003 SP2, IE6 (but iam using firefox)

i think it could be a problem with the IE, cause in all cases there is no launcher (maybe iam wrong but in my opinion most gamelaunchers are "using" IE)

(i really know that it won't solve the problem but i will stay here and press F5 5times per minute, seriously: i don't have an idea to get rid of it)
  • edited July 2009
    Could this be a browser problem then? I've recently "upgraded" to IE8, but I use Firefox of course. I also have IE8 64-bit.
  • edited July 2009
    Same Problem here.
    But Sam and Max works just fine if that is any help.
  • edited July 2009
    brimtastic wrote: »
    Could this be a browser problem then? I've recently "upgraded" to IE8, but I use Firefox of course. I also have IE8 64-bit.

Well, it didn't work with IE7, then I tried the windows upgrades (including IE8) and it still doesn't work. :/
  • edited July 2009
    It's probably not related to IE, I would imagine that there is some specific process that is running that is causing a conflict, best thing for people to do would be to run hijack this or something else that lists your processes so we can find a common thread.
  • edited July 2009
    Will post log in a few minutes, I guess.
  • edited July 2009
    Okay here's the log file from HijackThis. Hopefully this can be of some use.
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 17:45:04, on 11/07/2009
    Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip32.exe
    C:\Windows\vsnpstd3.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WTMKM.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\x86\SetPoint32.exe
    C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\antispam32\bdimguiaux.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Tales of Monkey Island\Launch of the Screaming Narwhal\MonkeyIsland101.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = 
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = 
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = 
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: BitDefender Toolbar - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\Antispam32\IEToolbar.dll" (file missing)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MacrokeyManager] WTMKM.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS4ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Snarl] "C:\Program Files (x86)\full phat\Snarl\snarl.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O13 - Gopher Prefix: 
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: BitDefender Arrakis Server (Arrakis3) - BitDefender S.R.L. http://www.bitdefender.com - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Arrakis Server\bin\Arrakis3.exe
    O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-101 (DFSR) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DFSR.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
    O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - BitDefender SRL - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service (Stereo Service) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvSCPAPISvr.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - BitDefender S. R. L. - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\vsserv.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: WTService - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atwtusb.exe

--
    End of file - 8728 bytes

• edited July 2009
    here is my log:
    Scan saved at 6:49:27 PM, on 7/11/2009
    Platform: Windows 2003 SP2 (WinNT 5.02.3790)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.3790.1830)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Linksys\WUSB600N\WUSB600N.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Miranda IM\miranda32.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LELA] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Linksys\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\Linksys EasyLink Advisor.exe" /minimized
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Global Startup: Wireless Network Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Linksys\WUSB600N\WUSB600N.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1240261897359
    O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Event Log (Eventlog) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: HTTP SSL (HTTPFilter) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service (ImapiService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Net Logon (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NT LM Security Support Provider (NtLmSsp) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc64.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Plug and Play (PlugPlay) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: IPSEC Services (PolicyAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Protected Storage (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Remote Desktop Help Session Manager (RDSessMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Security Accounts Manager (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Virtual Disk Service (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: WMI Performance Adapter (WmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 3587 bytes
  • edited July 2009
    here is my log:
    Scan saved at 6:49:27 PM, on 7/11/2009
    Platform: Windows 2003 SP2 (WinNT 5.02.3790)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.3790.1830)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Linksys\WUSB600N\WUSB600N.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Miranda IM\miranda32.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LELA] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Linksys\Linksys EasyLink Advisor\Linksys EasyLink Advisor.exe" /minimized
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')
    O4 - Global Startup: Wireless Network Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Linksys\WUSB600N\WUSB600N.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1240261897359
    O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Event Log (Eventlog) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: HTTP SSL (HTTPFilter) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service (ImapiService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Net Logon (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NT LM Security Support Provider (NtLmSsp) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc64.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Plug and Play (PlugPlay) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: IPSEC Services (PolicyAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Protected Storage (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Remote Desktop Help Session Manager (RDSessMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sessmgr.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Security Accounts Manager (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Virtual Disk Service (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: WMI Performance Adapter (WmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 3587 bytes
  • edited July 2009
    okay, my log will be visible soon.. posted it twice, by mistake
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
  • edited July 2009
    Here's mine, with "monkeyisland101.exe" running in background (task manager):
    Scan saved at 19:24:59, on 11.07.2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
    C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    C:\Programme\avmwlanstick\FRITZWLANMini.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\Six Engine\SixEngine.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
    C:\Programme\Razer\Copperhead\razerhid.exe
    C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Logitech\LCD Manager\lcdmon.exe
    C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Logitech\G-series Software\LGDCore.exe
    C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Logitech\LCD Manager\Applets\LCDClock.exe
    C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Logitech\LCD Manager\Applets\LCDMedia.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Programme\Google\Quick Search Box\GoogleQuickSearchBox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Programme\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
    C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
    C:\Programme\Razer\Copperhead\razertra.exe
    C:\Programme\Razer\Copperhead\razerofa.exe
    C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
    C:\Programme\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
    C:\Programme\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\Programme\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
    C:\Programme\Mozilla Firefox 3\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    C:\Programme\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
    F:\Telltale Games\Tales of Monkey Island\Launch of the Screaming Narwhal\MonkeyIsland101.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.de/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 218.24.207.45:808
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Programme\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Programme\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Programme\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.2.4204.1700\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Programme\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Programme\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Gears Helper - {E0FEFE40-FBF9-42AE-BA58-794CA7E3FB53} - C:\Programme\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.23.0\gears.dll
    O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Programme\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: PDFCreator Toolbar - {31CF9EBE-5755-4A1D-AC25-2834D952D9B4} - C:\Programme\PDFCreator Toolbar\v3.3.0.1\PDFCreator_Toolbar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - C:\Programme\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Programme\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVMWlanClient] C:\Programme\avmwlanstick\FRITZWLANMini.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Six Engine] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Six Engine\SixEngine.exe" -r
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Copperhead] C:\Programme\Razer\Copperhead\razerhid.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch LCDMon] "C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Logitech\LCD Manager\lcdmon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch LGDCore] "C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Logitech\G-series Software\LGDCore.exe" /SHOWHIDE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Quick Search Box] "C:\Programme\Google\Quick Search Box\GoogleQuickSearchBox.exe"  /autorun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Programme\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Programme\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BLASC] "C:\Programme\buffed\BLASC.exe" silent
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Programme\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Programme\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Nach Microsoft &Excel exportieren - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {09C04DA7-5B76-4EBC-BBEE-B25EAC5965F5} - C:\Programme\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.23.0\gears.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Gears-Einstellungen - {09C04DA7-5B76-4EBC-BBEE-B25EAC5965F5} - C:\Programme\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.23.0\gears.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Recherchieren - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: PartyCasino - {B4B52284-A248-4c51-9F7C-F0A0C67FCC9D} - C:\Programme\PartyGaming\PartyCasino\RunApp.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyCasino - {B4B52284-A248-4c51-9F7C-F0A0C67FCC9D} - C:\Programme\PartyGaming\PartyCasino\RunApp.exe
    O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: ICQ6 - {E59EB121-F339-4851-A3BA-FE49C35617C2} - C:\Programme\ICQ6.5\ICQ.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ6 - {E59EB121-F339-4851-A3BA-FE49C35617C2} - C:\Programme\ICQ6.5\ICQ.exe
    O16 - DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} (SpinTop DRM Control) - file:///C:/Programme/Peggle%20Nights/Images/stg_drm.ocx
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1227221156218
    O16 - DPF: {784797A8-342D-4072-9486-03C8D0F2F0A1} (Battlefield Heroes Updater) - https://www.battlefieldheroes.com/static/updater/BFHUpdater_4.0.21.0.cab
    O16 - DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} (ArmHelper Control) - file:///C:/Programme/Peggle%20Nights/Images/armhelper.ocx
    O16 - DPF: {D8089245-3211-40F6-819B-9E5E92CD61A2} (FlashXControl Object) - https://signin9.valueactive.eu/Register/Branding/olr3313/OCX/flashax.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{11F16F1D-1C1D-45B3-8B1E-3865072EF5F5}: NameServer = 208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\GEMEIN~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
    O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Programme\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
    O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Programme\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
    O23 - Service: Capture Device Service - InterVideo Inc. - C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\InterVideo\DeviceService\DevSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c97d666dbec5c8) (gupdate1c97d666dbec5c8) - Google Inc. - C:\Programme\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Programme\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Programme\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
    O23 - Service: nProtect GameGuard Service (npggsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\GameMon.des.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
    O23 - Service: WTService - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\atwtusb.exe

--
    End of file - 10605 bytes

Saturday evening and I can't play ToMI. WOOOAAAAAH! :(
  • edited July 2009
    we could organise us into a self-help group, i don't know the right english term for such a thing. what a pity!
  • edited July 2009
    "Was glaubst du denn, was wir hier tun?"

- What do you think are we doing here? I don't know if Telltale is actually working on this problem, but I hope so.
  • edited July 2009
    guys give them their well deserved break at the weekend!

I`m eager to play the game too, but I can see that the weeks before and after a new game are packed with work. This weekend`s us, next others though they wouldn`t get free time for a few weeks.
  • edited July 2009
    I really do appreciate Telltale's good support and I am willing to give them their free weekend. But... without Guybrush, my life just isn't complete.
  • edited July 2009
    skicamel wrote: »
    MaGoo:
    Just doing some text comparisons between the earlier launchers and the current, a number of things had changed. For a quick demonstration, open the index.html that the launcher creates (Start the launcher, Start-->Run--> type %temp% click enter. Sort by date, find the folder the launcher created...). The earlier index.html opened alone will open as a web page with a number of portions of the launcher showing. If you try to open the newer launcher (most noticeable in IE), it will continuously reload itself. Not that this has anything to do with the problem, but just a generic example that the underlying code has changed.

I gathered from another poster somewhere that another version was able to be run by bypassing the launcher. That's not possible with the version downloaded from Telltale, but I am curious if the issue isn't the launcher alone. I understand the need to update things as you go, as the hackers have always hacked the last version, so I wouldn't suggest re-implementing an earlier version, but it might be worth looking at in the short term, even if just emailing those being vocal with a workaround. I'm really curious if this would launch with no problems if the launcher wasn't a part of the process.

Interesting. I dropped that into IE8, and FF. FF just dropped it due to a lack of ActiveX (expected), but the posts were borked, and from analysis they're linked to the control.
    If you try to open the newer launcher (most noticeable in IE), it will continuously reload itself. Not that this has anything to do with the problem, but just a generic example that the underlying code has changed.

IE8 went into some sort of EPIC panic. It kept trying to load something unattainable. I worked out what's failing, but given my laptop and desktop run the same versions of things, I cannot work out why.
  • edited July 2009
    *falls over and dies with histerical laughter*

IT WORKS!!!!! I got the silly thing running... but this can't really be the solution for everyone...

I used processexplorer to have a look at what was running and I watched and the last thing it did was access a file dinput8.dll (or something like that) and anyway I searched up on that and it was directx... so I ran the dxdiag and the thing failed trying to open the panel for direct input... so I updated my sound card drivers (hadn't thought of that one before then) and also tried to install Direct X again from downloading the whole thing from MS... this time it didn't tell me there was nothing to do, it just said checking files for updates... anyway after that I restarted and tried dxdiag again, and once again the input pannel was taking for ever to load... and while it was doing that I decided to plug in my wife's Tablet to fiddle with the drawing programs while I wait and the silly thing started working... I loaded up the Monkey Island game and I got into the screen asking for my details... so I haven't played as yet, as I thought I'd let you all know my progress and if it helps any of you than that might be worth the time :)
This discussion has been closed.