Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• Keep the faith brother!

F17 #BELIEVE

• Alt text

Green613 posted: »

F17? Omg someone beat me to it (a link but still) I'll get you next time, you may have one this battle @King_of_Fancy but you haven't won the war.

• So it's fully completed and everything.. let's to hoping we get a last miniute launch trailer today or monday.

F17? Omg someone beat me to it (a link but still) I'll get you next time, you may have one this battle @King_of_Fancy but you haven't won the war.

• At least he didn't use the 'S'-word...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2015

They sometimes play unfinished games for testing, i just looked on the Steam database and there are still no press codes for episode 2 in the packages section so unfortunately that means that it won't be released on the 17th.

stevean2 posted: »

So it's fully completed and everything.. let's to hoping we get a last miniute launch trailer today or monday.

• You mean that word TTG uses when they don't have a Clemmy Clue when somethings going to come out? Jeah I think they know not to use that word anymore..

But jösses this waiting is killing meee...I'm so tired of frustration. Plus my brain smells like bacon.

At least he didn't use the 'S'-word...

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alt text

OzzyUK posted: »

They sometimes play unfinished games for testing, i just looked on the Steam database and there are still no press codes for episode 2 in the packages section so unfortunately that means that it won't be released on the 17th.

• I think the wait is driving me crazy. Last night I dreamed that I was downloading episode 2 and just when I was about to open it the alarm clock woke me... I can't even play in my dreams!!!

• I'll pronounce the forbidden word: SOON!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I kind of know the feeling, when i was waiting for The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2 i had a dream that a friend had early access to a press copy and i asked if i could play it and they said no and i woke up feeling really annoyed :P

I think the wait is driving me crazy. Last night I dreamed that I was downloading episode 2 and just when I was about to open it the alarm clock woke me... I can't even play in my dreams!!!

• I might have to flag this comment for offensive language...

AlfMusic posted: »

I'll pronounce the forbidden word: SOON!

• Do it...

I might have to flag this comment for offensive language...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2015

I'm sorry to break the bad news.

Alt text

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Alt text

Looks like they're still updating it. Also, did someone notice ''purpleskag'' in those lines of text above?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They seem to be doing updates nearly every day and the size always seems to go up so they are still working hard on it.

I think the name "purpleskag" is some sort of code name that they use in the Steam database as they use "ironwood" for GoT and they used "backpack" for TWD season 2 and "puddingnpie" for TWAU.

Crips posted: »

Looks like they're still updating it. Also, did someone notice ''purpleskag'' in those lines of text above?

• LOL... sigh

Poogers555 posted: »

R.I.P. Tales from the Borderlands, November 25th 2014 - November 25th 2014

• they can release it tomorrow and it won't be SOON ENOUGH.. hah... sigh
    it's really Too long. Give us something for god's sake. I don't even mind if it's minecraft episode 1.
    Ill buy it if it kills time during this endless waiting.Alt text

• Alt text

• edited February 2015

Alt text

Alt text

Edit: Just realized this isnt really relevant anymore and already said... Im just going to go now...

• Yes.

Poogers555 posted: »

Edit: Just realized this isnt really relevant anymore and already said... Im just going to go now...

• This is why i hate episodic games, it takes sooo long for the next episode to release.
    Please release TFTBL episode 2 soon, I love that game ;(

• What pisses me off is that Telltale keeps announcing new things. How about focusing on what you have first instead of stretching things out. At this rate we won't have episode 5 until winter 2016.

• I was definitely a little annoyed to hear they had already begun work on Minecraft when they've got two unfinished games out currently. I don't claim to know how to run a company, but I'd assume it's be better to focus on current projects before taking on new ones.

there76 posted: »

What pisses me off is that Telltale keeps announcing new things. How about focusing on what you have first instead of stretching things out. At this rate we won't have episode 5 until winter 2016.

• edited February 2015

It's not episodic that is a problem, is how TTG handles it.
    It the hype was great when the episodes were strictly monthly, the waiting was just right.

But now... well most of the people (see playthroughs on twitch if you don't beilieve me) don't even remember the characters due to the distance of releases.

Xtych0x posted: »

This is why i hate episodic games, it takes sooo long for the next episode to release. Please release TFTBL episode 2 soon, I love that game ;(

• What did they used for TWD S1 ?

They seem to be doing updates nearly every day and the size always seems to go up so they are still working hard on it. I think the name

• Telltale is going to destroy itself with the lack of news and wait times. Waiting months for a 2 hour episode of a game is insanity. How many people just full on jumped ship? If they don't get their act together, this refusal to communicate with the fanbase and their horrible scheduling will bring them down. And they'll deserve it. The only thing fans hate more than not meeting a stated deadline for a game release is never creating a deadline at all, which is what Telltale has started to do. It's just infuriating.

• I'd gues ''urban'' :D

What did they used for TWD S1 ?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

"dev"

What did they used for TWD S1 ?

• Pretty simple :P

"dev"

• edited February 2015

grrrrr...
    hovers cursor over the flag button

• Yes, I think they're hurting the emerging market of episodic gaming with random schedule.

People got annoyed.
    It can happen to delay an episode, but not as often.

Rynna posted: »

Telltale is going to destroy itself with the lack of news and wait times. Waiting months for a 2 hour episode of a game is insanity. How man

• sudden attack of optimism

F17KeepTheFaith

• Great, now this is stuck in my head!

MYAAH!!!

(Psst, I'm not complaining, it genuinely is great)

• I'm keeping the faith...

...faith in Loaderism.

sudden attack of optimism F17KeepTheFaith

• heyyeyaaeyaaeyaeyaa

Great, now this is stuck in my head! MYAAH!!! (Psst, I'm not complaining, it genuinely is great)

• Oh, optimism - I remember when I was still capable of feeling that emotion...

NothingButNihilism

• Loader bot is faith! Loader bot is love!

• Cheer up, man. Yay, positivity!

Oh, optimism - I remember when I was still capable of feeling that emotion... NothingButNihilism

• Your positivity is greatly appreciated! ^_^

LordZalla posted: »

Loader bot is faith! Loader bot is love!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.