EP4 SPOILERS = The Stranger's Identity? (UPDATED)

Comments

• YES! OMG... i forgot about that... i just finished the episode, too much on my mind after what happened to scooter :( ....so what did you think about that?? i highly think its a pandoran..

Nukledus posted: »

Did you realised that Fiona mentioned that the strangers coat was familiar to her ?

• enter image description here

Mercyva posted: »

OMGGGGG, whyy did you do this? SO CRAZY! YET SO GOOOD! never have thought of that...

• i'm dead serious.. that was some crazy theory! but it would be a mind fxck one xD ..... all along, the stranger was actually you. buy you were not actually you.. its crazy, i dont think telltale is going to mess with us this way xD

• Maybe the Stranger is Jack and Rhys is Rhys? He said he had a new Body if you don't share power with him. Personally I don't think so.

OMGGGGG, whyy did you do this? SO CRAZY! YET SO GOOOD! never have thought of that...

• I originally thought it could be Marcus, but his accent and body type don't match. But I believe it could either be Timothy or someone completey new. Timothy could match as after realising his boss was a physcopath he went off on his own path as Vault Hunter wearing a mask to cover up his face as the surgery that transformed him cannot be reversed. However, I believe it could be a new person as people who haven't played Borderlands wouldn't know who certain characters are and having it be someone new would bring an awesome original character to Borderlands instead of a recycled character we already know.

• I am not sure but the right shoulder parts of the coat could be this jacket which was on the mannequin inside the Caravan before the repairs. But I am not sure. This whole Outfit looks makeshifted.

YES! OMG... i forgot about that... i just finished the episode, too much on my mind after what happened to scooter ....so what did you think about that?? i highly think its a pandoran..

• edited August 2015

which scene was that? you mean the mannequin with fiona's outfit?

I am not sure but the right shoulder parts of the coat could be this jacket which was on the mannequin inside the Caravan before the repairs. But I am not sure. This whole Outfit looks makeshifted.

• yeah i dont think so also...

• After Rhys put the Nakayama drive into his head in Ep.1 he later waked up in the caravan and you could explore it. There was a jacket on a mannequin.

• yeah! that was Fiona's jacket..

After Rhys put the Nakayama drive into his head in Ep.1 he later waked up in the caravan and you could explore it. There was a jacket on a mannequin.

• I have checked it, Its not the same jacked. Looked different in my memories xD

• edited August 2015

TT handled traitor very well, because made him determinant according to your choices. However you ungrateful ##### will never be satisfied.

i agree with you... the traitor thing was badly handled in GoT. i really hope they dont go there... and yes, i do believe that its someone who was with them. especially the whole dome part.

• edited August 2015

What if...

now stick with me here.

What if...the stranger is actually...

Please choose your response

A: A human suit made out of kittens

B: YOU the actual player!!!

C: Someone we somewhat already kind of know, but not well enough to actually determine at the current time

D: I WILL COME DOWN TO YOUR HOUSE AND FORCE YOU TO BUY ALL MY PRODUCTS SO YOU CAN WATCH THE THREAD EXPLODE (THIS OPTION WAS SPONSORED BY MR MOTHERF***ING TORGUE)

• ARRGH! The Stranger talking about losing someone bumped Timothy down a few notices on my list, and added Lilith and Moxxi back onto it. (That being said, if it was Moxxi I would have thought her reaction would have been less detached considering who Fiona was talking about.) I'm assuming losing Nisha and Wilhelm wouldn't have broken up Timothy too much. In some ways he lost his mother, though, because she thought he was now dead.) August and Vallory are my two Stranger-faves, especially since by the end of the next episode, one could be dead.

The very few miniscule pros that that the episode bought to the Team Timothy:

• The Conference Call in Jack's office (either the Stranger has that one specifically, or one of the original superior line, or the later downgraded line.) Tim would have had the best chance out of anyone to get one. August is also now on Helios, even though Jack's office is guarded.
    • While this was jokingly brought up in another thread that the Stranger was the Hyperion Tour Guide Guard (due to sharing the same VA), it did make me realise that the only other time we've seen the masked cyclops motif on a suit is with the Hyperion guards/engineers. The one eyed motif is strongly used with Hyperion in general - the Loader Bots, the Constructors, Helios itself. For Fiona and Rhys to recognise the suit, does that mean its a modified Hyperion one? Both Timothy - and now August - would have access to Hyperion suits with time spent on Helios. Tim would have had the easiest time of going, 'nope, I'm out!', grabbing a suit, and leaving.

...I feel like I've hit the reaching crazy-train a bit. BUT. The Hyperion/cyclops motif is interesting! I'm edging out August over Tim a bit.

heeeyyy Blue_pen, what did youuu think? still timothy?xD ... i just rolled him out..

• yeah... marcus... no, lol xD

I originally thought it could be Marcus, but his accent and body type don't match. But I believe it could either be Timothy or someone compl

• NOOOOOO, GoT traitor situation was not handled the way i wanted. i did not like that AT ALL. pleaseee noooo. i dont want that to happen to TFTBL.

TT handled traitor very well, because made him determinant according to your choices. However you ungrateful ##### will never be satisfied.

• Greetings, could we all rule body size out from the equation? As you saw in episode 4 skinny Rhys became big muscular Vasquez.

• Honestly, this episode has made me more confused as to who the stranger might be...

And regarding the Conference Call gun in Jack's office; I do believe that is the gun the stranger is using. I don't know why TT would just throw that gun in there without having it be important to the plot somehow. (I mean sure, it could just be a reference for the Stranger's gun but I think thats a little too coincidental in my opinion).

• I want it to be Torgue so bad. It must be killing him not to scream at Rhys and Fiona about EXPLOSIONS.

Umbrie posted: »

What if... now stick with me here. What if...the stranger is actually... Please choose your response A: A human suit mad

• What if it's the weird hyperion guard dude with the cyclops mask? But, man, I don't know.

• The Stranger's suit - though now possibly modified - could have come from Helios/Hyperion, considering the the cyclops motif that seems to be be used on the guards/engineers/robots/Helios. (Especially with Fiona finding the suit familiar.)

SCR4P-TP posted: »

What if it's the weird hyperion guard dude with the cyclops mask? But, man, I don't know.

• Maybe it's someone from Hyperion? Or who used to work for them

blue_pen posted: »

The Stranger's suit - though now possibly modified - could have come from Helios/Hyperion, considering the the cyclops motif that seems to be be used on the guards/engineers/robots/Helios. (Especially with Fiona finding the suit familiar.)

• yo, Torgue has NO CHILL. i think i'll get headaches, so no thank you! xD

Umbrie posted: »

What if... now stick with me here. What if...the stranger is actually... Please choose your response A: A human suit mad

• I agree on the moxxi/timothy part, its surly not them! because of many reasons i think you briefly mentioned, regarding august = i dont really care for him at this point, not that i dont appreciate him as a character, but you know the feeling that if a certain character disappears suddenly i wont be as upset or sad?, i would rather the stranger be some kind of a vaulthunter. but it can also be august! just not what i want the reveal to be:( , plus telltale did cut short on the ''Future'' scenes on ep4, i wonder why? i really want EP5 to have more future scenes... i want to see what the current state of the borderlands universe is...or was?

ARRGH! The Stranger talking about losing someone bumped Timothy down a few notices on my list, and added Lilith and Moxxi back onto it. (Tha

• i wont argue with you on this one xD, but remember if he/she (the stranger) was just like the rhys/vasquez situation, then why it didn't wear off at all? we saw that rhys was having trouble containing the vasquez ''image/voice'' .. and if you count the days, the stranger was with fiona/rhys for DAYS, i dont know.. but i dont think that's the case here.

Reliqum posted: »

Greetings, could we all rule body size out from the equation? As you saw in episode 4 skinny Rhys became big muscular Vasquez.

• regarding the gun, the truth is = its a legendary, yes. but its not that hard to obtain. ONLY RARE, its like a vault hunter can get it, OR a person like vallory, who had/have many connection at hyperian. but one thing is for sure, its not for a common bandit. so i cant picture the stranger being a normal dude or a typical bandit.

Honestly, this episode has made me more confused as to who the stranger might be... And regarding the Conference Call gun in Jack's offic

• just........

enter image description here

SCR4P-TP posted: »

What if it's the weird hyperion guard dude with the cyclops mask? But, man, I don't know.

• i dont know about that..... rhys worked on hyperian his entire life, why didnt he notice that? its weird. i dont buy this.... why ONLY fiona who went to hyperian once noticed? it does not make sense.

The Stranger's suit - though now possibly modified - could have come from Helios/Hyperion, considering the the cyclops motif that seems to be be used on the guards/engineers/robots/Helios. (Especially with Fiona finding the suit familiar.)

• We don't know why it started wearing off though. It could have been Hyperion tech interfering with it for all we know. In the video games no clothing equipped wore out either.

i wont argue with you on this one xD, but remember if he/she (the stranger) was just like the rhys/vasquez situation, then why it didn't wea

• Well, at this point I don't care if the gun is the most common gun in the Borderland's universe; I just find it odd that Jack had that particular gun in his trophy case. To me it seems like a clue to who the Stranger might be, somehow.

regarding the gun, the truth is = its a legendary, yes. but its not that hard to obtain. ONLY RARE, its like a vault hunter can get it, OR a

• edited August 2015

I was disappointed when I found out. All these theories were for nothing but weren't these recordings cut? If it was does it mean telltale could be making the stranger someone else....

• edited August 2015

ummm........ because its their face and body? its like shopping for clothes. the machine is used to change outfits and whatnot, but rhys was actually disguised as vasquez and not himself. that was a weird comment xD, of course the VH in the original BL games did not glitch out xD its their body.

Reliqum posted: »

We don't know why it started wearing off though. It could have been Hyperion tech interfering with it for all we know. In the video games no clothing equipped wore out either.

• it might be a forshadow, but...man, maybe because i get that frequently in TPS and BL2, i just did not put that much thought into it when that scene played out, its one of hyperian valued guns, of course jack will have in his office xD, but yeah, its surly NOT a coincidence that the stranger had THAT gun in particular.

Well, at this point I don't care if the gun is the most common gun in the Borderland's universe; I just find it odd that Jack had that particular gun in his trophy case. To me it seems like a clue to who the Stranger might be, somehow.

• i think he's serious about this xD

Are you shitting me

• Oh, man, Telltale, don't do it!

...although I can understand how Felix might go from $10 million smackaroos to wanting a Vault.

• he's dead in my playthrough, so that would be weird xD

Oh, man, Telltale, don't do it! ...although I can understand how Felix might go from $10 million smackaroos to wanting a Vault.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.