EP4 SPOILERS = The Stranger's Identity? (UPDATED)

Comments

• also, i felt sadness in him mainly in EP3 the campfire scene, and i think we know why he seemed kinda sad, because in EP4 he told fiona that ''I know what it feels like to lose someone you care about'' .....

DeityD posted: »

But the Stranger 1. seems kinda... dense 2. relatively chill. Both don't suit August.

• but............i told him to choke on the money and he blew up? how can he be alive???

KLVGAMING posted: »

Haven't heard of Felix since episode 2 and since we didn't see him die it might be possible he is still alive.

• nice catch! that place sounded familiar but i just could not figure it out :/ .... plus why you think they are there? thats weird. and a total DEJA-VU moment from BL2.

They are in the Eridium Blight.

• for all the possible places they could go, that is a weird place to be..... i dont think that was a coincidence if thats the case, curious to see what happens.

SirRengeti posted: »

It looked more like heroes pass. Maybe the Vault of the Traveler manifests there? Together with all the other (greater) pandorian vaults.

• edited August 2015

I'd say the most likely candidate would be Sasha. Followed by Vaughn and Athena

Mercyva posted: »

but............i told him to choke on the money and he blew up? how can he be alive???

• Unless this game pulls a Game of Thrones, thats impossible as Cassius can die.

GSSalvador posted: »

His clothes Are looking a little bit like Atlas. Maybe Cassius? Yeah i think it's Cassius! Hehe...

• It can't be Cassius unless Telltale goes Game of Thrones on him and makes him determinant.

Piggs posted: »

Fiona can determinantly comment on the Stranger's outfit looking familiar. That's a pretty big hint for Telltale to drop. So, I think he'

• Considering that we've seen voice changing technology is considerably more advanced in the Borderlands universe, I doubt that his voice is a simple filter.

Piggs posted: »

I'm not saying his voice is normal, I'm just saying that his fake voice could sound close to his original one. It could just be a voice chan

• yo, moxxi is not the type to seek people and go to them, she prefer for them to go to her. plus i would assume if thats the case then she would, for example : she would hire axton to kidnap fiona and rhys and bring them to her bar or work place or whatever.

I'm just gonna go with Moxxi. I got no evidence or any real reasoning, but lets just call it a hunch.

• Wwait, what?! He can actually Die? Wow. Thats...yeah.

BigDoktor posted: »

Unless this game pulls a Game of Thrones, thats impossible as Cassius can die.

• PLEASE NO. i did NOT like how that went in GoT........ oh. please no :(((((((

• Although it makes sense that the traitor would be working with the whitehills since episode 1 and not anytime after, ie when rodrik was lord. Though i do feel that the identity of the traitor makes more sense with one character over the other. But hey, we wanted Telltale to make us feel our choices mattered, didnt we?

• edited August 2015

i felt the same thing.... plus the whole ''do you care to make a wager?'' thing he said in EP3. why he said that to fiona and not rhys? i HIGHLY think its a pandoran who somehow was working with hyperian OR made a deal with them in the past. that would explain how he has that particular gun.. in my mind. but i do think that he/she is a pandoran. who favours ''Fiona'' more than rhys, makes me think that fiona knows him/her.

The fact that the Stranger admitted that he/she knew what it was like to lose someone you care about, did narrow down the selection

• edited August 2015

Jacol posted: »

Honestly, I had no solid theories of who Stranger might be until EP4, but now I think I would bet my money on Cassius. I might be mistaking

• Except that Cassius may not survive episode 3.

Honestly, I had no solid theories of who Stranger might be until EP4, but now I think I would bet my money on Cassius. I might be mistaking

• I guess there's a Vault. I can't think of any other reason why they would be there.

nice catch! that place sounded familiar but i just could not figure it out .... plus why you think they are there? thats weird. and a total DEJA-VU moment from BL2.

• i agree. the stranger is some WE as the player knows, and IS one of the cast on TFTBL....

Roymiller33 posted: »

I personally don't think it's a vault hunter. Fiona states in episode 4 that "the clothes of the stranger look familiar" which means she (an

• If you choose to let Athena kill him, yeah.

GSSalvador posted: »

Wwait, what?! He can actually Die? Wow. Thats...yeah.

• At least our choices mattered right

PLEASE NO. i did NOT like how that went in GoT........ oh. please no ((((((

• I couldn't stop giggling because I keep on seeing Baker and North back as The Joker and Black Mask, respectively.

I'm not saying it's impossible (and if it's him I certainly won't complain cause I love the guy) it's just... I thought if that's him he wou

• edited August 2015

What do you mean can die? I don't remember him dying on us. If you mean that Athena was threatening to kill him you have to remember she was taken away before she could do it.

• ...I don't think Shade hits people and ties to shoot them in the balls. It'd be supremely out of character for him, and although he encourages you to pwn Captain Scarlett in Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty (the first DLC for BL2), he simply enjoys watching you kill pirates and occasionally giving you encouragement and motivation.

What if its Shade? He just wants a friend :c

• How can he not survive episode 3? Athena never killed him, she pushes him away when Brick comes in no matter if you chose to stand in her way or not. I've got through both of my saves, in one he captures Vaughn and hands him over to Vallory in exchange of leaving him alone. In the other version, both he and Vaughn are absent from the beginning of EP4 but it's later revealed that he saved Vaughn from Vallorys goons and they are hiding somewhere.

Except that Cassius may not survive episode 3.

• edited August 2015

Sorry. Got my games mixed up.

What do you mean can die? I don't remember him dying on us. If you mean that Athena was threatening to kill him you have to remember she was taken away before she could do it.

• Sorry. Got my games mixed up.

How can he not survive episode 3? Athena never killed him, she pushes him away when Brick comes in no matter if you chose to stand in her wa

• I'm starting to feel like it could be Athena...

She was a part of our story, we know her, she's involved in the whole Vault thing but she doesn't know a lot so she needs our stories. The stranger also knows about the Dome, and so does she!

The stranger never hurts Fiona, but doesn't seem to like Rhys... And well Rhys just helped HJ escape from your head, that could piss her off.

The stranger seems arrogant but a silent type of person, which is a lot like her.

She can also have a legendary easily.

And finally, the stanger said he/she lost someone, Athena too...her sister.

So this is another betrayal (again), or ... she never fulfilled her duty as our mentor, maybe this is the final test for Fiona.

But how did she escape that's the question...

• I thought I missed something and he could die. :)

Sorry. Got my games mixed up.

• Is it? I mean... even Handsome Jack knows what it's like.

The fact that the Stranger admitted that he/she knew what it was like to lose someone you care about, did narrow down the selection

• i felt the same thing.... plus the whole ''do you care to make a wager?'' thing he said in EP3. why he said that to fiona and not rhys? i HIGHLY think its a pandoran who somehow was working with hyperian OR made a deal with them in the past.

I don't follow... it's just a phrase. No? I mean he clearly favours Fiona, but is that because she's Pandoran or because she's smarter than Rhys and less annoying or just because she didn't fuck thing up like Rhys (who tried to run and tried to be Jack's bff) - I can't tell.

i felt the same thing.... plus the whole ''do you care to make a wager?'' thing he said in EP3. why he said that to fiona and not rhys? i HI

• edited August 2015

He got reeeally lucky.

but............i told him to choke on the money and he blew up? how can he be alive???

• Before episode 4, I was betting on Timmothy, it made sense, but now with the whole, 'I know what it's like to lose someone', swings the favour back to Athena for me.

SoMuchSass posted: »

I'm starting to feel like it could be Athena... She was a part of our story, we know her, she's involved in the whole Vault thing but she

• edited August 2015

***HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! *** THAT JACKET IS FELIX'S!!!!!! !

(https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/shacknews/assets/editorial/2014/11/tales_felix.jpg)

• Which means he knows loss. Which means his wife!

Llexis posted: »

***HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! *** THAT JACKET IS FELIX'S!!!!!! ! (https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/shacknews/assets/editorial/2014/11/tales_felix.jpg)

• I read his life x)

Which means he knows loss. Which means his wife!

• It's hard for me to say if it's sadness or something else since he's voice is so distorted by his mask or voice modulator.

also, i felt sadness in him mainly in EP3 the campfire scene, and i think we know why he seemed kinda sad, because in EP4 he told fiona that ''I know what it feels like to lose someone you care about'' .....

• I agree, it's Borderlands/Pandora - the majority of character's have canonically lost someone.

Is it? I mean... even Handsome Jack knows what it's like.

• I'm not seeing the similarities (besides them both being Pandoran-chic).

***HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! *** THAT JACKET IS FELIX'S!!!!!! ! (https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/shacknews/assets/editorial/2014/11/tales_felix.jpg)

• enter image description here

It's Borderlands after all.

I agree, it's Borderlands/Pandora - the majority of character's have canonically lost someone.

• I feel like they'd need at least 3 hours to wrap everything up. I don't want a short or unfinished ending. But I still feel like there's so much that has yet to happen. But I don't want it to be too squished together. Idk how they're gonna do that, but I hope they do it well!

2 hrs? thats not enouuuuughhh.... i need more of the gang please!!

• i dont approve of this.

enter image description here

He got reeeally lucky.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.