Tales From the Borderlands Wins Best Comedy, 2nd in Adventure.

Comments

• Not to be rude or mean towards LiS fans, but I did. Not all mind you, but there are some really devoted LiS fans on the internet, like insanely devoted, and they would vote for anything LiS related. There are some die hard LiS fans out there, and I'm not surprised to see them vote in droves. Now I would say that it is a minority of the LiS fanbase, and that most of the people voting generally believe LiS to be the best, but there are definitely those that just vote for it blindly without even considering or looking at the other options.

• I agree. There are some fans who would vote for it no matter what. I don't hate the series, but I don't think it deserved the wins over certain games. Doesn't seem very logical.

They could put it in any category and it would either win or come close.

Not to be rude or mean towards LiS fans, but I did. Not all mind you, but there are some really devoted LiS fans on the internet, like insan

• Personally I voted for LIS above TFTBL. While I like Tales more, LIS came out of nowhere and surprised me with it's (IMO) fantastic leading characters. The main reason I voted for it however is because Dontnod is kind of new to this, and I feel like they need the win more than Telltale does. Maybe it was dishonest of me to put LIS above Tales, but I consider it a necessary evil.

Not to be rude or mean towards LiS fans, but I did. Not all mind you, but there are some really devoted LiS fans on the internet, like insan

• I wouldn't be surprised if it did. "And the award for Best Children's Game goes to...Life is Strange, because every kid loves watching girl's jump off roofs, get drugged, and get shot in the face."

I agree. There are some fans who would vote for it no matter what. I don't hate the series, but I don't think it deserved the wins over cert

• edited November 2015

I don't see your logic. If you thought Tales was the better product you should vote for it. The developers of Life is Strange need to learn that their game isn't perfect. I remember one of the writers tweeting that Gamespot, Polygon ect think Life is strange is one of the worst games of the year (They gave the finale a 6 and the other episodes 8's and 9's) they really need to take feedback for the mistakes they've made. That's one of the first rules of being a game developer.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Personally I voted for LIS above TFTBL. While I like Tales more, LIS came out of nowhere and surprised me with it's (IMO) fantastic leading

• And the award for best hardware goes to... Life is Strange!

I wouldn't be surprised if it did. "And the award for Best Children's Game goes to...Life is Strange, because every kid loves watching girl's jump off roofs, get drugged, and get shot in the face."

• Hell yeah I'll vote for TftB!

• The funny thing is I could picture of that in the Walking Dead.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did. "And the award for Best Children's Game goes to...Life is Strange, because every kid loves watching girl's jump off roofs, get drugged, and get shot in the face."

• Gat Outta Hell is pretty close behind TftB for comedy! I mean, the Saints Row series has been pretty hilarious in recent years, but no way could it beat Tales' humor.

• I'm gonna be really sad if TFTBL doesn't win any awards. The game is fucking astounding.

• I get what you're saying, but the two games were neck and neck for me. Besides, as you stated they have received mixed reviews, they already know that they messed up in places. Game developers go out of business all the time and I want Dontnod to be successful, hence my support.

I don't see your logic. If you thought Tales was the better product you should vote for it. The developers of Life is Strange need to learn

• It's definitely among the best games of the year.

I'm gonna be really sad if TFTBL doesn't win any awards. The game is fucking astounding.

• Overhype

Green613 posted: »

From what I've seen of Life is Strange how can it be winning best story at all over any of those games?

• Hopefully it at least wins best Comedy

I'm gonna be really sad if TFTBL doesn't win any awards. The game is fucking astounding.

• It better.

Hopefully it at least wins best Comedy

• Definitely.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

It's definitely among the best games of the year.

• I almost want to cry because if everyone who had played LiS had also played TFTB there is no doubt in my mind that it would steal the award in every category that it is nominated for ;_;

• I'm sorry, but if TFTBL doesn't win any awards I will truly be disappointed. They deserve it so much and that's not just me being bias because I'm a huge Telltale and Borderlands fan.

Sure, saints row is funny. But the people that have voted for Saints Row most likely haven't played Tales. Saints Row makes me laugh every now and then...Tales? Pretty much the entire time.

• LiS is winning because they have a fandom which is only voting because they think its the GOTC

enter image description here

I almost want to cry because if everyone who had played LiS had also played TFTB there is no doubt in my mind that it would steal the award in every category that it is nominated for ;_;

• Gat outta hell is a good game but sad there was hardly any need for cars and no music hoping sr5 delivers

Gat Outta Hell is pretty close behind TftB for comedy! I mean, the Saints Row series has been pretty hilarious in recent years, but no way could it beat Tales' humor.

• Hopefully if TFTBL gets an award maybe it will encourage telltale to make a series2

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2015

Is it just me, or does this site seem to have quite a bit of bias going on in terms of their own commentary?

Some the reasons they list for certain games being nominated really feel a bit biased. I mean, not that it's a huge problem, but usually award shows like this try to be more impartial on their side of things.

• I'm gonna say it i know im gonna get hate, this is just my opinion and dont tell me to specify why i think this, LIS is an overated POS and yes i have played through the whole game encase you're wondering

• Trust me, you're not alone in thinking that.

I'm gonna say it i know im gonna get hate, this is just my opinion and dont tell me to specify why i think this, LIS is an overated POS and yes i have played through the whole game encase you're wondering

• enter image description here

I'm gonna say it i know im gonna get hate, this is just my opinion and dont tell me to specify why i think this, LIS is an overated POS and yes i have played through the whole game encase you're wondering

• I just think more people played LiS than TFTB and that's why it's getting so many votes - tbh I can't see how anyone could vote for LiS to be awarded, I couldn't stand the game myself.

SzymeG posted: »

LiS is winning because they have a fandom which is only voting because they think its the GOTC

• Neither could I, I honestly never saw what so many people have praised the game for, it was a piece of shit (no disrespect to those that like it, just my opinion).

I just think more people played LiS than TFTB and that's why it's getting so many votes - tbh I can't see how anyone could vote for LiS to be awarded, I couldn't stand the game myself.

• It sucked balls to me, the only character I liked was Chloe and I chose to sacrifice the town just to spite the game and show how much I don't care about it's characters.

Neither could I, I honestly never saw what so many people have praised the game for, it was a piece of shit (no disrespect to those that like it, just my opinion).

• Chloe was one of my main reasons for hating this game. She was a complex character, and well performed, but not likable at all, she had no redeeming qualities and she always came off as bitchy throughout the entire game. All of the other characters sucked as well (except maybe Kate), but Chloe was the worst of them all, Max a close second.

It sucked balls to me, the only character I liked was Chloe and I chose to sacrifice the town just to spite the game and show how much I don't care about it's characters.

• I don't think the story was too bad, but I agree with you about the characters. Not only are none of them original or interesting or even human, but they are all in my view annoying as hell - to the point where I actually wanted bad stuff to happen to them. That's not what constitutes an award-worthy game to me.

Chloe was one of my main reasons for hating this game. She was a complex character, and well performed, but not likable at all, she had no r

• edited November 2015

The story was lackluster to me, it had so much potential to be great, but it took a back seat for the first 2 episodes. When they finally started getting around to investigating, it was entertaining, but it got bogged down by so much bullshit that it wasn't enough to save it. Not to mention that I was never buying Max and Chloe's friendship, it just came off as forced, maybe if we saw more moments between Max and Chloe when they were younger earlier in the series, I would have felt differently, but as it stands, I could not stand their friendship. And a thing that bothered me was the reveal that Rachel was dead the whole time, I feel like they kind of built her up as this great person, and I would have loved to actually see her or talk to her, but we never did, and that's why I didn't feel anything when they revealed what happened to her, it was a huge let down, she basically just became a huge plot device.

I don't think the story was too bad, but I agree with you about the characters. Not only are none of them original or interesting or even hu

• LiS as best adventure? Excuse me but are you all shitting me? x) Tales is so much better I can't believe this :D

• enter image description here

SoMuchSass posted: »

LiS as best adventure? Excuse me but are you all shitting me? x) Tales is so much better I can't believe this

• Why is LiS even nominated for all this crap?

It was pretty shitty.

• LiS is winning best adventure over TFTBL,huh?

Could someone lend me a gun please?TIA

• Here's a gun...a finger gun

ZapThroat posted: »

LiS is winning best adventure over TFTBL,huh? Could someone lend me a gun please?TIA

• "Hope you're not allergic to lead!"

Here's a gun...a finger gun

• "Batter up bitches!"

"Hope you're not allergic to lead!"

• You want to know why Life is Strange is winning?

I have nothing against LiS or its fans, this is just a joke..

• The only reason LiS is winning is because Square Enix, let's be real here.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.