Tales From the Borderlands Wins Best Comedy, 2nd in Adventure.

Comments

• dontnod has outdone Telltale at its own game with life is str-

enter image description here

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CarL_J posted: »

R.I.P TFTB

• Dontnod has outdone Telltale at its own game with Life is Strange.

Tfw Dontnod pays them so they can write stupid fucking lies and that LiS is better than every Telltale game. LMFAO

They didn't just say that, right?

R.I.P TFTB

• Dontnod has outdone Telltale at its own game with Life is Strange

Yeah, thanks for that. Really makes me want to buy their games in the future....

R.I.P TFTB

• Dontnod has outdone Telltale at its own game with Life is Strange.

R.I.P TFTB

• Looks like the Magicka 2 fanbase has entered the race.

• It's sort of unprofessional copy for a game that is competing against a Telltale game in another category.

All I can think is that they don't have an editor double checking these and they have multiple authors. It's blurb in the Adventure category isn't that biased.

Dontnod has outdone Telltale at its own game with Life is Strange. Basically my reaction: But for real, did they really had t

• Apart from really wanting a TFTBL second season, I'm actually glad to hear Life is Strange is doing well.

I personally stopped LiS after episode three because I didn't find teen suicide entertaining, but the idea that something being described as "Telltale-like" is seen as a legit contender against AAA action games seems like a net positive?

I would love to see other publishers start greenlighting adventure games because Telltale and Square Enix have shown it is financially viable.

ElJacko posted: »

Tales deserves to beat LiS for adventure. Both were great, but unlike Tales, LiS collapsed on itself at the final episode. It's only dominating it's categories because of the insanely devoted fanbase it has. Like, scary insane...

• Square Enix

Dontnod

Linnet posted: »

Apart from really wanting a TFTBL second season, I'm actually glad to hear Life is Strange is doing well. I personally stopped LiS after

• edited November 2015

Dontnod = Dev

Square Enix = Publisher

Dontnod had a hard time finding a publisher, Square Enix took a risk and greenlit the funding, and now an adventure game starring a teenage girl is a serious contender for GOTY

dojo32161 posted: »

Square Enix Dontnod

• Outdone? What exactly have they outdone here? Choices? Dontod pretty much copped out with the ending regarding choices much like Telltale's infamous cop-outs except with Tales it seems like they've learned a few things, not all of them, but I see some progression in choices making some kind of impact and giving the ending a different feel.

• What. The. FUCK.

Salt levels rising.

R.I.P TFTB

• jmmjmm
    edited November 2015

Outdone by Dontnod.... yeah, right...

Dontnod actually had made two games, both are ok games but suffer from bad design.

• Remember Me

Cool world, beautiful scenery, flawed mechanics, broad story not fully realized, cut-scene and triggered exposition, no exploration whatsoever just a linear "follow the icon" Lara Croft game wannabe and not a fully realized fight "game" ("customizable" but flawed).... Net Result: Game didn't work or sold, they overextended their reach so much that in the end Dontnod filed for bankruptcy (or some sort of French equivalent legal term)

• LiS

Cool world, beautiful scenery, flawed mechanics (time travel/rewind), broad story not fully realized (going as far as killing off an antagonist off screen, one empty "ending"),
    But hey, they did it "with feeling this time" (Read as Jack if you like), shoving the player with moments that in the end DO NOT MATTER on one ending (destruction), the other ending is just a mess (the main point of not saving Chloe is to prevent the Paradox/Tornado destruction, Max using her other-timeline knowledge causes the same effect, so for instance you can't save Kate or even attempt to save her or get that guy arrested)

I feel Dontnod still doesn't learn from their previous mistake, LiS with more time, more experienced writers and designers (time travel stories are hard), bad design choices (Bottle puzzle, twice, Stealth game, Clue Find puzzles) and clearly adjusting their process to their allocated budget to properly making and finishing the game within those time and budget constraints, could have been the game that all the fans want us to believe it is, but sadly it is not.

Some of LiS' more poignant moments were terribly executed, a lot of folks ended up having the inverse reaction (even uncontrolled laughter), and that is regrettable considering the serious situation (and real life implications for some people) we were thrown in.
    Also, some moments were thrown in just to get an emotional response, only to revert it a few seconds later (eutanasia moment, let's revert all.... to the time machine... max photo power, yeah).
    I actually find commendable to bring some of those situations more into the light and I give kudos to Dontnod to actually enabling people to talk about that, but they should focus on the game first and the story needs to be consistent. The events need to be context-sound, not to a token "I'm the bad guy, twitch evil moustache" moment or whatever random Chloe rampage (pool scene, train scene, car-bottle scene)

But to me the worst part is that they (Dontnod) still don't grasp the concept that they have to fully design a game ON budget, with LiS it is clear they had a broad story and an end idea (Chloe sacrifice or Town Sacrifice, telegraphed in episode 1) and some threads they wanted to pursue, but unless they rewrote mid game the story, it seems that they just didn't know how to get their story to a logical conclusion and weave their threads in a sensible way, and to make things worst, they run out of budget (Could have saved on some licensed music tracks, some scenes that doesn't add much apart of "world building" or "photo collectables hunt game")

I can't talk with enough knowledge of matter about Remember Me (I only know what is available as public information), but doing episodic games is not just "splitting content" and "making periodic releases". Telltale is still learning (and more than occasionally making mistakes) and they have been doing it for a long time, a newcomer to the episodic model like Dontnod got a remarkable amount of things right, but a lot of things failed too, and that is far from "Outdone it" (Even if they made you cry or feel more times)

• Outdone what exactly? Depression? On being the most angst "choice based" game after TWD S1? Outdone at not caring about choices? Because as a choice based game the actual choices didn't mattered in the end. Award for that.

Also "Dontnod has outdone Telltale at its own game with Life is Strange." damn that's souds personal, who hurt you dontnod.

Lmao there's no need to compare devs honestly that's just disrespectful towards the people making the games

R.I.P TFTB

• Good job lads!

• CarL_J posted: »

Good job lads!

• Unfortunately, that's only yesterday's performance. As far as I remember, Saint's Row was winning all the other days. :(

Good job lads!

• enter image description here

Good job lads!

• Nah, Tales has been winning most days.

armis37 posted: »

Unfortunately, that's only yesterday's performance. As far as I remember, Saint's Row was winning all the other days.

• I guess we'll see in the final chart.

Nah, Tales has been winning most days.

• edited November 2015

Honestly, I've seen the fandom here and in some cases it is worst than LiS community. Plus, LiS is pretty popular on this site considering it is about another game.

I'm not shocked to see more people here bashing it. This is a TTG community site....what do people expect to happen here?

• One of the more popular discussion threads on here is about a game not related to anything from TTG.

Life is Strange simply has more attention. To be honest if it had even more attention(FO4 and W3 level) it would probably have even more of a lead on the other games.

I really liked Tales though along with all the other TTG games(besides MC). Hell, I actually was surprised that it seems like GoT may actually do real divergent storytelling. Though, it seems like they still fell greatly behind...maybe because they are looking to expand this for several seasons.

Yeah, I fully understand why LiS is winning now. So... Why? But anyway, people aren't bashing this game without a reason. Actually, even if they are, that's their opinion and you will have to deal with it.

• Plus, this thread is pretty popular on this site considering it is about another game.

I thought this thread was about urging people to vote for Tales from the Borderlands?

Honestly, I've seen the fandom here and in some cases it is worst than LiS community. Plus, LiS is pretty popular on this site considering i

• wrote thread instead of LiS

Edited to what I meant.

dojo32161 posted: »

Plus, this thread is pretty popular on this site considering it is about another game. I thought this thread was about urging people to vote for Tales from the Borderlands?

• To be fair though I don't think Dontnod wrote that in, I think it was the GOTY site that did, doesn't make it sound any less stupid though.

Outdone what exactly? Depression? On being the most angst "choice based" game after TWD S1? Outdone at not caring about choices? Because as

• Dontnod could have easily paid them to say that. I'm not saying they did, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case as it seems more of a dig at Telltale than praising LiS itself. And if it were to be the case, isn't that just sad, that Dontnod has to stoop as low as to mock or insult another company's games in order to make their game seem better, it's as if they know their game isn't good enough to win on its own.

Green613 posted: »

To be fair though I don't think Dontnod wrote that in, I think it was the GOTY site that did, doesn't make it sound any less stupid though.

• I highly doubt that's what happened since Telltale employees do have friends at Dontnod, plus I doubt they bribed anyone.

Dontnod could have easily paid them to say that. I'm not saying they did, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case as it seems more

• I want Tales From the Borderlands to be Game of The Year of 2015.

ElJacko posted: »

Tales deserves to beat LiS for adventure. Both were great, but unlike Tales, LiS collapsed on itself at the final episode. It's only dominating it's categories because of the insanely devoted fanbase it has. Like, scary insane...

• jmmjmm
    edited November 2015

The one thing that really bothers me is not the LiS or Tales bashing or praise, but the fact that most people

• Vote blindly
      People just vote for their favorite, not even thinking about what their choice did or did not do properly. They just go with a "I liked it, it's the best" mentality and pick a choice.

• Vote not knowing the other choices
      This is my main trouble with these "Best of " awards, most folks didn't even bother to check the other choices. Is it a preference or a honest vote? I'm inclined to think is mostly a blind preference

I loved Tales and my opinion on LiS is "it is an OK game", but I won't vote since I haven't played or even watched a single let's play for the other choices. I do not like popularity contests masked as "The Best Whatever of the Year" awards.

My opinion stated before was mainly on the grounds of replying the "Dontnod beat Telltale" comment posted before, which I explained why I don't think it is valid. If anyone agrees or not, it is my opinion and I, at least, made an attempt to explain it and not just keep it at a "You are wrong, I am right" kind of post.

Honestly, I've seen the fandom here and in some cases it is worst than LiS community. Plus, LiS is pretty popular on this site considering i

• We Did It!

1st place comedy

2nd place adventure

• Tears of joy is flowing!!!

2nd place adventure, well...better than nothing I suppose.

We Did It! 1st place comedy 2nd place adventure

• I regret supporting DontNod by purchasing their game. That's a shame that they didn't have our secret weapon though.

Rhysquez! I choose you!

• edited November 2015

Yay. :D

Finds out that Telltale's Game of Thrones is at 3rd place for Best Story.

Lies down. Tries not to cry. Cries a lot.

• This is beautiful!

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I regret supporting DontNod by purchasing their game. That's a shame that they didn't have our secret weapon though. Rhysquez! I choose you!

• not my creation :(

This is beautiful!

• I have another post that I regret to place ._.

Honestly what are they saying...?

• bigdogg0821 posted: »

I have another post that I regret to place ._. Honestly what are they saying...?

• edited November 2015

Can't they just fucking get off TellTale? Seriously, why are they comparing them to Dontnod so much?

I have another post that I regret to place ._. Honestly what are they saying...?

• Jesus christ, will they stop with that already?!

• Atleast Tales won best comedy.

Really disappointed Life is Strange won best adventure, LiS was honestly really mediocre.

• While I'm certainly pissed LiS won, 2nd place is still great. Thanks for sharing this, completely forgot they announced the winners.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.