The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I think I might've seen someone mention something to this effect, so I'm curious to know: had things gone down the way they probably should've, who would be on what Team?

• That Aj thing on Clems hand, is it a tattoo or just marker, and I hope that's optional

• Did Nick breaks his legs or something he died cause I noticed one of his legs appears to be bleeding when you find "him?"

• It's a tattoo, you can sort of see how it healed over. And maybe it depends what ending you got.

NorthStars posted: »

That Aj thing on Clems hand, is it a tattoo or just marker, and I hope that's optional

• What are you referring to? Luke vs Kenny?

DabigRG posted: »

I think I might've seen someone mention something to this effect, so I'm curious to know: had things gone down the way they probably should've, who would be on what Team?

• edited December 2016

[removed]

It's a tattoo, you can sort of see how it healed over. And maybe it depends what ending you got.

• edited December 2016

I don't see a reason why she would need it

It's a tattoo, you can sort of see how it healed over. And maybe it depends what ending you got.

• Thats the thing about tattoos; nobody "needs" them, they just hold personal significance for the wearer. Could just be a way that she shows love for AJ.

shrugs

NorthStars posted: »

I don't see a reason why she would need it

• Few hours.

I do not know why no one came to mind cut off her hand in the woods.

Or maybe it's.... plot!

How much time passed between Sarita getting bitten and Clementine, Rebecca, and Jane arriving at Parker's Run?

• edited December 2016

He was bitten in the neck and probably in leg.

You can see a walker with blood around his mouth, if you not save Nick in Episode 2, walker will be without blood.

Did Nick breaks his legs or something he died cause I noticed one of his legs appears to be bleeding when you find "him?"

• No medical supplies, no antiseptic, the only doctor in the group had just died, there were walkers everywhere following them from the herd, and they were in a hurry to get to the meetup spot to reunite the group. Even if someone suggested it, Kenny wasn't in his right mind and thought maybe she wouldn't turn.

So yeah, I can see why they didn't.

Murmle22 posted: »

Few hours. I do not know why no one came to mind cut off her hand in the woods. Or maybe it's.... plot!

• Is TWD Michonne set in the same universe as seasons 1&2? I know twd michonne is supposed to be straight from the comics but isn't 1&2 also? (Remember Glenn and Herschel) Just wondering are they connected.

• Okay, I was wondering why she started turning so fast.

Few hours. I do not know why no one came to mind cut off her hand in the woods. Or maybe it's.... plot!

• Sure.

What are you referring to? Luke vs Kenny?

• Okay, it's just that I've never noticed his leg before.

He was bitten in the neck and probably in leg. You can see a walker with blood around his mouth, if you not save Nick in Episode 2, walker will be without blood.

• Um....technically, yes. Speaking as a non-comic or Tv show fan, everything presumably takes place in the same world.

Is TWD Michonne set in the same universe as seasons 1&2? I know twd michonne is supposed to be straight from the comics but isn't 1&2 also? (Remember Glenn and Herschel) Just wondering are they connected.

• Ok thanks, man you're really missing out on the show :D

Um....technically, yes. Speaking as a non-comic or Tv show fan, everything presumably takes place in the same world.

• Yeah, so I've heard.

Ok thanks, man you're really missing out on the show

• Okay, I think I know the answer by now, but just for the sake of it: Is Arvo supposed to be taller than Jane?

• edited December 2016

They left Howes late at night (assuming around 10PM or 11PM), when the scene cuts to Clem, Rebecca and Jane (in the woods), it's already morning.

Okay, I was wondering why she started turning so fast.

• Okay, that is a good point. Still, I'm pretty sure Lee didn't turn that fast. What, did Sarita have hypertension?

They left Howes late at night (assuming around 10PM or 11PM), when the scene cuts to Clem, Rebecca and Jane (in the woods), it's already morning.

• Sarita didn't turn fast, since it took her nearly half a day to slowly kill her, same as Lee.

Okay, that is a good point. Still, I'm pretty sure Lee didn't turn that fast. What, did Sarita have hypertension?

• Idk, maybe it's because the sun doesn't start to go down until Sarah spots the herd incoming that I'm confused about how long they were there.

Sarita didn't turn fast, since it took her nearly half a day to slowly kill her, same as Lee.

• It's a game. You can do whatever you want. I don't even know what "canon" means, aside from cameras and artillery. In the context people seem to use the word, I would say every choice is "canon" since its in the game. I watched someone else play the games before I did so I already knew what would happen to some extent. My original plays were biased in some cases toward not making the choices they did. Now in my re-plays I find that I have changed as a person and would naturally make different choices. What I'm saying is: for whatever reason you originally made a certain choice or want to change it now, go for it. Limiting yourself to playing season 3 with a setup you're not happy with is dumb.

So I always keep the choices that I did on my first play through as canon, but after seeing that new trailer for season 3 I can't help but r

• edited December 2016

He's slightly taller.

enter image description here

Okay, I think I know the answer by now, but just for the sake of it: Is Arvo supposed to be taller than Jane?

• Personal relatability on some level is high on my list, but they have to be believable at the least to be a good character. By that I mean comparable to a real human with fears, secrets, quirks, contrasts, humour, etc.

In the context of these games (and maybe in other things as well), what makes a character for you?

• Bonnie had medical supplies with her because she bandaged Luke's leg after he got shot.

No medical supplies, no antiseptic, the only doctor in the group had just died, there were walkers everywhere following them from the herd,

• Basically, "canon" in these games means what are the choices and events with the widest area of effect, or at least that's the best way I can describe it. If someone can survive a situation that determinately kills them, that's canon as far as I'm concerned; interestingly enough, Season 1 has the greatest variation because of this. Here's my basic list:

• Lee finds Clementine
    • They met Shawn and his friend before driving to Hershel’s farm; Chet is either the friend or has turned depending on when you leave; Andre Mitchell only shows up if you leave at night
    • Shawn gets bitten by walkers and Hershel gets them off of him
    • Irene shoots herself
    • Mr. Parker turns; how he dies is determinate and who chops off his legs was also originally determinate
    • Mark gets his legs chopped off and he turns; was originally determinate
    • Kenny kills Larry in the meat locker, causing Lilly to hate him; whether Lee helps either is determinate
    • Danny and Brenda St. John turns; Andy is determinate but likely ends up dead either way
    • Lilly kills someone in paranoia and is separated from the group; whether she is kicked out or steals the soon to crap out RV is determinate, though stealing the RV is arguably the most canon
    • Duck is bitten and Katjaa commits suicide; whether Duck is put down is technically determinate, but I see no real reason why not so I say he gets shot
    • Chuck tells Lee to cut Clementine's hair and teach her to shoot
    • Lee and Molly fight and the winner is stopped by Clementine; the winner is determinate
    • Kenny gets curbstomped by Molly
    • Lee convinces Vernon not to shoot him because he can't bring himself to do it
    • Molly lives; it's possible to shoot her(by accident :blush:) at one point, which causes her to exit pursued by walkers to never be seen again, at least as of Season 2
    • Lee pulls Ben up at the clock tower
    • The boat gets stolen by Vernon and everyone goes after Clementine
    • Kenny is lost to the herd putting down Ben
    • Lee gets bitten and is on the brink of turning when he says his final words to Clementine
    • Danny the Prisoner ends up Dead; canonically, Vince shoots him, though I swear I heard Vince can go without shooting Danny
    • Officer Bennett abandons his bus and gets hit by Eddie; him turning or getting put down by Nate is determinate
    • Wyatt and Eddie are seperated when the one who stayed behind is attacked by Nate and drives off; I forget what determines whether Wyatt goes to Howe's, but he canonically does
    • Walt and Jean are shot by Nate; whether they both turn or not is apparently determinate
    • Bonnie kills Dee by accident; whether Leland is told this or not is determinate
    • Leland leaves Bonnie; when is determinate
    • Shel and Becca leave Roman to avoid killing Stephanie; see next for reasoning
    • Taavia actively convinces Russell to come along(I know its technically determinate, but just making sure everyone gets max screentime)
    • Michelle accidentally kills Omid using Clementine's gun, causing some sort of tenseness between her and Christa
    • Christa mentions Wellington; this is always brought up and gives Kenny a motivational advantage, so I'll include it for future reference
    • Clementine is separated from Christa
    • Sarah gives Clementine peroxide; I think I heard is technically determinate, but I've never seen it confirmed
    • Clementine goes with Pete instead of Nick; technically determinate, but it gives Pete some more screentime and Nick tells his story later
    • Sarah shows Clementine her gun and voices a desire to learn how to use it; Clementine can decline showing her anything, so that part's up in the air despite evidence suggesting it should've been canon
    • "George" sees the dishes, the knife, Carlos's shirt, and Sarah's picture, as well as observing how Clementine handles herself; the details vary a little bit but these all happen to my knowledge
    • Sarah faces the music about Carver seeing her picture; whether Clementine blames herself or not is determinate
    • Nick tells Clementine his backstory; this is technically determinate but I'll include it anyway since you hear this if you go with him instead of Pete; giving him Pete's watch is determinate so I won't count it
    • Clementine choosing a christmas tree topper that Sarah voices her opinion on; it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I'll include it because "Sarah will remember that":lol:
    • Kenny tells Clementine, Luke, and Nick about Wellington and calls Clementine Duck; this plot point gets dropped only to be conveniently picked back up in No Going Back, so I'll include it here
    • Clementine, Luke, and Nick find out that Matthew was the man on the bridge; including Nick despite showing him being determinate to my knowledge becasue drama
    • Clementine tells Walter Nick is a good man; I still need to test this scene out in differing contexts but I think you may need to say in order for either Nick to own up to what he did to Walter, Walter choosing to save Nick, or both
    • Walter saves Nick from a walker
    • Carver tortures Carlos by breaking his fingers; there may be some variation to this depending on whether you listen to Rebecca or Alvin, but I don't think it really matters
    • Kenny kills Johnny so Carver kills Walter
    • Clementine saves Alvin from Kenny and Carver’s dick measuring contest; who she stops is determinate, so I'll leave that alone despite her rushing Carver being more dramatic
    • Carver tortures Alvin in his office
    • Clementine or Sarah doesn't do their greenhouse work properly; there is no real difference for some reason, so which one is determinate, though I personally say both because "Friendship is Magic"
    • Carver kills Reggie to make a point to Sarah, who he speaks with in private for an undisclosed period of time; this is a perfect example of how the story clearly had plot points that may have been dropped without getting rid of setup because Sarah suddenly stops being relevant after front-loading the episode until the climax, so I'll include it out of spite
    • Bonnie finds out that Reggie was killed; how is determinate but Clementine sorta clues her in anyway if you don't tell her
    • Clementine gets the walkie talkies, with Vince distracting Taavia
    • Kenny gets his eye messed up by Carver; whether Clementine, Sarita, or neither get butted by Troy is determinate, so just assume Clementine gets hit because of the bruise staying for the rest of the game
    • Alvin stays behind after Clementine activates the sound system, mutually killing Hank in the process
    • Kenny kills Carver; Clementine can choose not to watch, but pretty much everyone but a few I seen does so either way
    • Clementine kills the Walker that bites Sarita; I think cutting off her hand is far more fitting, especially if you watched Carver be murdered, but Sarita gets a little more screentime otherwise so I'll concede
    • Nick gets shot by Taavia/whoever while following Luke to go after Sarah; kinda redundant, but whatever
    • Kenny yells at Clementine for what happened to Sarita; why and how angry he gets is determinate
    • Clementine and Jane loot some walkers before finding Sarah's glasses; I suspect this was no accident at one point in development so I'll include it here
    • Clementine and Jane find Nick's walker, who she puts down
    • Clementine eventually slaps Sarah to make her get moving in the trailer despite Jane's urging; Sarah's mood, what they talk about, how much Sarah responds to it, and whether she puts her glasses on before or after leaving is determinate
    • Clementine, Luke, and Sarah hear Jane's backstory during the walk back; there's some interesting tidbits and implications here, so I'll include it
    • Clementine talks to Kenny in the tent and gets him to leave it and Sarita's corpse; what they talk about if anything, how they respond to each other, and why Kenny leaves the tent has a surprising amount of variation to it
    • Clementine helps Jane, Mike, and Bonnie get things in order for Rebecca's birthing; what order she does it in is determinate and comes with a character establishing moment for Mike if you forgo hanging with Jane(which I didn't both playthroughs because I didn't give the option itself much thought), so I'll leave it vague with a preference for Mike and Bonnie
    • Clementine or Bonnie reaches through the ticket booth and gets grabbed by a walker, forcing Mike to save them; which one is determinate, so I'll say Bonnie because she gets a bruise on her face from the rest of the game
    • Arvo shows up at the deck, gets stuckup and threatened by Jane, and leaves without his gun; how Clementine treats him here and whether she takes the medicine is determinate and ultimately pretty insignificant, so vague with a preference for giving him the medicine back; also, Jane tossing his gun to the floor is another piece of evidence of potentially dummied out material so I'll mention it
    • Luke takes Jane up on her offer; when this happens is technically determinate, but you always catch them in the same way so I'll leave it in the air
    • Sarah spots the herd incoming and warns the group, causing Kenny and determinately Mike to fight off a few while everyone else runs; what Mike does, whether it be getting the water, getting Sarah to leave, or helping Kenny and getting Sarah to leave, is determinate
    • Kenny helps Rebecca deliver the baby while everyone else stays outside and defends the observation deck
    • Jane and Sarah are too slow when Clementine and Luke somehow break the deck with the canon and fall, with Luke catching Jane's hand while Sarah somehow gets trapped under the rubble
    • Clementine pulls up Jane or has her save Sarah; whichever one you pick ultimately changes how fast Sarah dies, but sending Jane after her is more poetic so I prefer that; also, three things worth noting here because it's me:a. IF Sarah was left in the trailer, the walkers immediately try to grab Jane as soon as she's dangling but ignore her favor of **slowly **creeping on Sarah otherwise...what the hell?, b. Jane getting hit in the face with a loose plank hard enough for there to be a blood splash is the diabolus ex machina ensuring that Sarah dies here, but it doesn't leave a scratch...again, what the hell?, and c. I have yet to confirm this, but I swear there's a variation where not choosing one or the other has Jane immediately drop down to help Sarah, but I can't prove that without replaying that episode myself due to lack of evidence. Now that that derail is over, let's continue
    • Jane during sunrise(?), offering Clementine her nailfile
    • Clementine agrees with either Luke or Kenny on when to leave; the most that comes of this is that one gets smart with you the next day depending on who you yell at
    • Arvo and the Russian Group ambush the group looking for payback; how Arvo approaches the group, when his members reveal themselves, how he feels about Clementine, what she says to him, why everyone raises their guns, and how he learns about the baby is all determinate
    • Clementine, Kenny, or ...Kenny shoots Rebecca's walker, which is what causes the gunfight; it doesn't really affect anything though and Kenny is the one that shoots Rebecca if Clementine calls for help or simply doesn't--lazy!
    • Luke gets shot in the leg by Vitali; why/when he does depends on whether Clementine left the baby in the road or not
    • Kenny is convinced to go along with Arvo’s offer to take the group to his house for shelter and supplies
    • Jane joins the group around the campfire; Kenny doing the same is determinate
    • Mike sets Arvo off while they’re staying at the power plant; whether he calms down or Kenny knocks him out is determinate, though Kenny has an interesting character moment if he does so vague with a preference for the latter
    • Luke falls through the cracking ice lake alongside Clementine or Bonnie and drowns; who goes after him, whether he drowns quickly or gets dragged to the floor, and whether Clementine takes a dip or causes Bonnie to drown is determinate, though Clementine getting wet and Bonnie surviving is technically the canon choice
    • Clementine or Mike stops Kenny from beating up Arvo; which one is determinate
    • Clementine talks with Bonnie, which foreshadows the latter’s leaving; the tone of their conversation is determinate to whether Clementine went after Luke or not
    • Jane warns Clementine about Kenny; whether Clementine agrees with her or not is determinate, though somewhat pointless as far as I know
    • Kenny gets the Russian’s truck working and has a difference of opinion with everyone; whether Clementine takes his side or not is determinate
    • Clementine catches Mike, Arvo, and Bonnie getting ready to leave with the supplies, stands off with them while attempting to gauge their motives, and gets shot by Arvo; what Clementine chooses to do with the situation against or for them, Bonnie’s attitude, Arvo attitude, how she responds to Mike, why/when Arvo shoots her, and whether Bonnie or Mike is the one to check on her is determinate; also, Mike was originally able to die here, but that’s non-canon anyway
    • Kenny and Jane get in a fight in both the truck and in the pitstop; who Clementine sides with is determinate
    • Kenny ends up on top of Jane with a knife and one/both of them die; Clementine can shoot Kenny, let him kill Jane, choose to forgive/reject the survivor after finding AJ, or kill Kenny immediately after he kills Jane
    • The ending is determined by who Clementine leaves with if either of them and has determinate choices in them, so I won’t elaborate on any of them
    Bon-Bon posted: »

It's a game. You can do whatever you want. I don't even know what "canon" means, aside from cameras and artillery. In the context people see

• What the fuck?! I'm sorry, did I just walk into a body preservation shop of something? What happened to Jane's arm and eyes?!

Anyway, thanks! I recall a list of heights a while back listing him as being taller than her and there are a few brief moments when they are near each other that seemed to imply that he may be taller, but Jane being the tallest female character that's just half a head shorter than Luke made it hard to tell.

He's slightly taller.

• ...I take the numerous topics that were active yesterday being on the second page and the myraid of new topics means the New Frontier is out?

• Did all of the Voice Actors Reprise their roles in the Flashbacks?

• How old are each of the Garcia's?

• edited December 2016

Yes, they did, even Edith, as far as I'm concerned.

Did all of the Voice Actors Reprise their roles in the Flashbacks?

• Oh, okay. Honestly, Jane was the only one that matched up in my memory, as Kenny sounds noticeably different and I barely remember Edith's voice outside of the fact that it was a friendly one.

Shaboomm posted: »

Yes, they did, even Edith, as far as I'm concerned.

• Gavin said he tried to gravel Kenny up a bit in between S1 & S2, so he may have changed his voice slightly for the flashback as it looks like a good amount of time has passed. (AJ looks older) Definitely still him though. And yeah, Edith is the same. I would know considering I side with Kenny every time I play S2.

Oh, okay. Honestly, Jane was the only one that matched up in my memory, as Kenny sounds noticeably different and I barely remember Edith's voice outside of the fact that it was a friendly one.

• When Sarah spots the herd, what happens if you don't tell Mike to get her or help Kenny? Does Clementine have to specifically call her?

• this is my favorite comment on the forums now

He looks like he just sucked a fuckload of warheads.

• How would the likes of Negan, The Governor or Carver handle The New Frontier if they'd had tried to take over each of their respective settlements?

• Don't read the comics, but I'll assuming Howe's Hardware could be a barely even match: Carver's group have the guns and environmental advantage to fight back but the tear gas and the walker minions could seriously handicap them, especially inside the building.

Clemenem posted: »

How would the likes of Negan, The Governor or Carver handle The New Frontier if they'd had tried to take over each of their respective settlements?

• Your thoughts on the tattoo, Venge?

Thats the thing about tattoos; nobody "needs" them, they just hold personal significance for the wearer. Could just be a way that she shows love for AJ. shrugs

Sign in to comment in this discussion.