What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• I've never been a big Biggie fan, but this song came on satellite radio while I was driving yesterday. When it started, I started thinking about Biggie. I wondered if he would still be as relevant today if he hadn't died, and how much of his enduring fame could be attributed to the "dead musician" mystique.

Again, I'd never heard much of his music, so I was approaching this with some scepticism. So I decided to crank it up and pay close attention.

• edited November 2021

Le Shuuk - Talk About Us

Only took me over two months to share some SoundCloud tunes, but here they are

• The Warning - ANIMOSITY

• Beast In Black
    ..It's like the early 90s are back

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2021

THE ANXIETY, WILLOW, Tyler Cole - Meet Me At Our Spot (Official Audio)

• Lil Nas X - TALES OF DOMINICA

This year I found myself listening to Lil Nas X a lot, mind you I wasn't a fan of his music up until this year (Old Town Road was a song I really, really disliked), but when MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) released, it hit me, with INDUSTRY BABY doing the same, and I ran with those songs throughout the year. TALES OF DOMINICA popped up on my Spotify a couple of days ago and I've had it on blast since then.

I'm eager to hear what he puts out in 2022, and I'm glad I gave his music a chance even though his music up until this year wasn't meeting my specific taste

• fairytalfairytal Banned
    edited January 2022

Most of all I like listening to classical music. It just feels so different listening to classical music, I don't understand why some people say it's weird.

• Don't listen to anyone who calls classical music weird, there's a reason it's considered classical :smile:

So long as it means something to you, or you just like the sound of it, that's what is most important, if people have to go out of their way to hate on classical music, that sounds like their problem. Keep on rocking the classics, and enjoy

fairytal posted: »

Most of all I like listening to classical music. It just feels so different listening to classical music, I don't understand why some people say it's weird.

• edited January 2022

Ummet Ozcan x Harris & Ford - Fight Back

• edited January 2022

Little Sis Nora - Rave In My Garage

• Syd Matters- The Obstacles

• edited January 2022

Poppy-X

• I rewatched the first 3 episodes of Arcane, since it's been too long and I didn't want to be lost when starting the time-skip of Episode 4.
    This is a really powerful song to end that third episode with.

• most intense staring contest

• Vance Joy - Missing Piece

• Rachel Lorin - Funeral

• COIN - Cutie

• edited February 2022

So I've been listening to this Battlefield 1 Soundtrack compilation some person made, while I'm doing creative stuff or chores. Finally finished it, and I'm looking for more compilations from them -- really doesn't have much else in terms of compilations, other than one for Battlefield V....

But they do have... A fucking Wolf Among Us soundtrack compilation from a few months ago!! Holy Crap What??! HELL YEAH

edit: holy cow I've missed this soundtrack. Jared Emerson-Johnson. that damn theme song. :cry:
    edit2: mmfff the ending of "Mr Toad is a Liar" is really good, when the synth kicks in... ooh yeah.

• Steve Szczepkowski, lead Audio Designer at Eidos Montreal, and Yohann Boudreault, a musician friend of his, were the main creators behind this original album of rock songs made for the recent Guardians of the Galaxy video game. They're some pretty fun songs!

[Square Enix Blog] How we created the Star-Lord Band for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

From the first song alone, it's very classic 80's rock and that's really cool. @MetallicaRules

Really, really interested in playing it now... I just don't have the time.

• They turned this song into a demonic skip through hell, and it sounds really epic here. Thank you random recommendation.

• Sebastián Yatra - Dos Oruguitas

I've watched Encanto twice since Tuesday, and it never fails to make me cry during every musical piece, and Dos Oruguitas is the song that just dials that up to 11. It's completely in Spanish, but I feel like I can understand what it's saying, despite the language barrier, the passion of the lyrics, and how they tie into the film, it starts the waterworks...

Now the video I shared is spoilery so avoid if you haven't seen it, but the reason I shared it specifically is that it goes so well with the song, it adds to it and the emotion you feel from the song.

Every time I get to near the end where Abuela Alma and Mirabel embrace, when Alma says that she asked her deceased husband Pedro for help, and he sent Mirabel to be the miracle to save the family, I lose it and burst into tears, I haven't cried this much since The Walking Dead: The Final Season.

There is an English version of the song that hits deep, but the Spanish version will always be my preferred version. If anyone wants to listen to it, here you go:

• edited March 2022

It's completely in Spanish, but I feel like I can understand what it's saying, despite the language barrier, the passion of the lyrics, and how they tie into the film, it starts the waterworks...

If ya turn the subtitles on in Disney Plus, you get the translation of it. It's nice.

Sebastián Yatra - Dos Oruguitas I've watched Encanto twice since Tuesday, and it never fails to make me cry during every musical piec

• edited March 2022

Never knew that, thanks for letting me know, I'll definitely switch them on when I inevitably watch the film all over again. I've just been busy blasting this song on repeat and watching videos covering the film. I never expected it to hit me this hard, and I'm so glad I sat and watched it, because it's something new that I get to love and enjoy :blush:

I found out through my replays of the song that Disney have opened preorders for a vinyl of the Encanto Soundtrack that'll start shipping next month, I preordered it immediately. I just can't get over this film, I'm an emotional wreck at the moment :joy: :cry:

AChicken posted: »

It's completely in Spanish, but I feel like I can understand what it's saying, despite the language barrier, the passion of the lyrics, and

• edited March 2022

Turning Red has one of the most ear-catching original scores I've heard since Spider-Verse a few years ago.

Where that film did a blend of orchestral themes, Hip-hop, and DJ sampling, Turning Red uses a mix of an orchestra, a boy-band feel in the hip-hop style and synth, and uses a lot of traditional Chinese instruments.

Turning Red main theme

Panda-monium

• Went through my top played songs of the year so far and here’s my favorites

Paramore- Brick By Boring Brick

Aerosmith- Dream On

Eminem- Sing For The Moment

Kids See Ghosts- Cudi Montage (the whole KSG album really but this one’s my favorite)

My Chemical Romance- Welcome To The Black Parade

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Rammstein - Zeit

Yet another masterpiece of a music video them them.

• Timmy Trumpet - Al Pacino

• Yves V x INNA x Janieck - Déjà Vu

• edited March 2022

Really well-crafted cover/parody here. Very nice..

[Kirby - Aesop Rock // covered by Arlo]

• It's a MASTAHPIECE

• Melotika - Digital Dreams

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I listened to Rammstein’s new album today which was really good, they also dropped a new music video.

Rammstein - Angst

• Alestorm - P.A.R.T.Y.

• late night bo burnham music appreciation time~

Best song of the new album is actually one not even in the special. 1985. A groovy danceable bop.

The other best cut song is the All Eyes On Me Alt, unfortunately not in the album (but coming soon!)

The Chicken is the best thematically, not one I'd listen to on repeat though :cry:

Honorable mention to Five Years with its great rhyming
    [If you really wanted some dim sum then/ You really should have got-ten some when/ We put in the order] and [Shit like this brings the movement down/ Everyone's a feminist until there is a spider around!]

• I'm not obsessed with music like everyone else but all of the sudden, this music won my attention recently.

• Beautiful new video for "Love Goes On and On" by Lindsey Stirling and Amy Lee (of Evanescence)!

• edited July 2022

Criminal I, pariah

Sign in to comment in this discussion.