I would buy a Jurassic Park adventure game game made by Telltale...

edited September 2010 in Jurassic Park
Just saying, I would! Would you?
(Go and get the new issue of Game Informer... If you know what I mean...)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Why?
  • edited June 2010
    Why?

Why would i say to buy the InFamous 2 issue of game informer? Maybe there's something about the topic of this thread in there... Or so i've heard.
  • edited June 2010
    I'll just read it next time I go to the store.
  • edited June 2010
    V_Ben wrote: »
    Just saying, I would! Would you?

...I wouldn't, i'd get out my hate-mail typing cap.

Or end up giving it a chance, you know, whatever
  • edited June 2010
    loool .. jurassic park seems completely braindead (storywise)
    I bet though - that such a mediocre story is just ment to be the source
    for an realy awesome adventure game :)
  • edited June 2010
    If Telltale were to do this, would it all be part of their master plan to get Jeff Goldblum in the studio?

Other people I've heard have suspected this.
  • edited June 2010
    FearMonkey wrote: »
    If Telltale were to do this, would it all be part of their master plan to get Jeff Goldblum in the studio?

Other people I've heard have suspected this.

It's Wayne Knight they're after you fool!!
  • edited June 2010
    slurp
  • edited June 2010
    Telltale may some day choose horrible franchises and make them into game, but they would never betray us by making something as horrible and mind warping as Jurassic Park.
  • edited June 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    It's Wayne Knight they're after you fool!!

But
    his character is dead.
    :confused:
  • edited June 2010
    Dudes. The Jurassic Park hate. Why?

It's an amazing movie.
  • edited June 2010
    killkill.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    FearMonkey wrote: »
    But
    his character is dead.
    :confused:

They'll be doing a prequel...because the dinosaurs didn't wanna do the VO work
  • edited June 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    They'll be doing a prequel...because the dinosaurs didn't wanna do the VO work

LOL. Jurassic Park prequel with NO dinosaurs.

So the puzzles involve figuring out how to extract dinosaur DNA from pieces of amber and inserting the correct amphibian dna into the genetic code gaps so they can have actual dinosaurs in the movie. Brilliant. :p
  • edited June 2010
    You know this is just viral advertising for Game Informer
  • edited June 2010
    ((Hmm Gameplay options?...))

'Enjoy' Dinosaur Theme Park

'Run' From Dinosaur

'Run' From Bigger Dinosaur

'Search' Dinosaur Poop

Wash Poopy Satellite Phone In River

etc

..not exactly Point n Click adventuregame material is it?
  • edited June 2010
    Interesting, if true.

However, they could announce a Hello Kitty game and I'd be on board with it, they've yet to fail me thus far.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd love to see Telltale try out some new waters. I don't see this game as a fps-shoot&kill game, rather as a puzzle-game with a lot of cool cut-scenes.

And I hope they write the story with more sea-creatures than the Jurassic Park-series have presented previously.

Imagine the humans arriving to the Island by ship. During the voyage they suddenly feel a hard blow to the ship. Some seconds later the people witness a large creature jumping up from the water. Another creature can be seen on the surface, with the size of a bluewhale and huge razor-sharp teeth.

The sea changes color, as the humans witness the smaller creature getting ripped to parts by the Predator X:

45-ton-pliosaur-attacking-a-plesiosaur-AtlanticZoo.jpgDykker_&_hval_small.jpg
    [Images Copyright: Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Norway]

A few days after arriving on the Island, the humans have to enter the water to solve a puzzle (by diving, boat etc).
    By combining creepy music, and knowing that these creatures are in the sea, I would be freaked out while playing that scene.

Another creepy seacreature is the Megalodon:
    61374-bigthumbnail.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Dage wrote: »
    ((Hmm Gameplay options?...))

'Enjoy' Dinosaur Theme Park

'Run' From Dinosaur

'Run' From Bigger Dinosaur

'Search' Dinosaur Poop

Wash Poopy Satellite Phone In River

etc

..not exactly Point n Click adventuregame material is it?

Oh for crying out loud. Are you that guy that made the adventure game engine? If so you should know better than this how easily you could turn the movies into an adventure game. It's not like the game has to follow the movies to the letter. That's why a game is a game and a movie is a movie. This post pissed me off so bad. Argh.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd be okay with it as long as you got to play as Ian Malcolm at some point. That guy was awesome.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Heh, unfortunate Google results...

googletelltalejurassicp.jpg

Anyway, if this is true, I don't think Telltale would be doing it unless they thought they could make something awesome.
  • edited June 2010
    I would definitely buy an adventure game based around dinosaurs. DINOSAURS! DiNoSaUrS! RAWR.

I don't know if Jurassic Park would work though, as much as I'd love it to.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd be okay with it as long as you got to play as Ian Malcolm at some point. That guy was awesome.

pshaw!

Raptor as a main character and it would be perfect.

It could have door puzzles. Hunting puzzles. How to efficiently eat npcs puzzle.
  • TorTor
    edited June 2010
    adhuin wrote: »
    Raptor as a main character and it would be perfect.
    It could have door puzzles. Hunting puzzles. How to efficiently eat npcs puzzle.
    How to drive a jeep puzzle?
  • edited June 2010
    I'd skip it.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm very interested, however I feel that Jurassic Park deserves to be presented in a big budget production and not in a simple cartoony style.
    The movies really feel like huge epic movies to me and I'm afraid it won't be done justice in a small episodic game with the sort of graphics Telltale has showed in it's engine till now.
  • edited June 2010
    I love Jurassic Park, but it's not an adventure game. It's more an Action game, and I would buy it, hell I'd get the exclusive McSuperawesome edition. But alas it's not adventure game material.
  • edited June 2010
    This badass mofo right here was the best damn Jurassic Park game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree is a SCRUB. A SCRUB I SAY.
  • edited June 2010
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    This badass mofo right here was the best damn Jurassic Park game ever made and anyone who doesn't agree is a SCRUB. A SCRUB I SAY.

By the time anyone finished that at an arcade you would have paid full price for a video game back then....
  • edited June 2010
    Didero made a very good point in the chatroom.

Nikki!

That's all.
  • edited June 2010
    i think stephen spielberg gave a good start with 'the dig'
  • edited June 2010
    YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!! Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(Jumps of joy)

This is perfect! Finally we're getting a great game of my favorite movie of all times! Thank you, TellTale! :D

(Stands up and claps)
  • edited June 2010
    My copy of Game Informer hasn't shown up yet.

i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Heh, unfortunate Google results...

Clever girl.
  • edited June 2010
    I have to say I'm curious, I never would have though they'd make one. This being said, I don't see why it wouldn't work as an adventure game. You could think that a game about pirates wouldn't work, either, yet it did.

I've never seen the movie (I was too young when it came out, by the time I was old enough it was an "old" movie and I can't say I was interested) so I have no clue about any characters (haven't read the books either), or dinosaurs that might be featured.

I'm curious because I'm probably going to end up knitting something from there. At some point.

Also, telltale employees are spending a LOT of time reading this thread :p
  • edited June 2010
    Oh for crying out loud. Are you that guy that made the adventure game engine? If so you should know better than this how easily you could turn the movies into an adventure game. It's not like the game has to follow the movies to the letter. That's why a game is a game and a movie is a movie. This post pissed me off so bad. Argh.

Dont have a cow dude! , this is what most humans call humour, I'm not the creator of the 'Dage Engine' but I have played the vast majority of point and click games and my main point however is that Jurrassic Park is more about adrenaline and fast paced action, than slowly walking around a jungle looking for a key, grow up.

FYI All 'Movie' Games SUCK they are usually ill concived and designed very quickly to be released just before the movie comes out. Merchandising is where most of the money for movies goes so they can spawn another badly constructed sequel, as for a movie being a movie and a game being a game, any gameto movie or movie to game, should follow the original to the letter have the same feel but usually they 'americanise' movies to explain things that dont need explaining or add in some random sidekick or hot chick for the sake of bastardising an original idea to make more money.
    edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I've never seen the movie (I was too young when it came out, by the time I was old enough it was an "old" movie and I can't say I was interested)

I was too young to see it when it came out, but my best friend's mother took us to see it anyway... pretty sure she didn't realise how gory it would be. She spent half the movie forcibly covering our eyes. :D
    Avistew wrote: »
    Also, telltale employees are spending a LOT of time reading this thread :p

Lack of denial = confirmation :p
  • edited June 2010
    Dage wrote: »
    Jurrassic Park is more about adrenaline and fast paced action, than slowly walking around a jungle looking for a key, grow up.

Why couldn't an adventure game be fast paced and full of adrenaline? They could just do a lot of puzzles that require time sensitive actions, similar to the "final battle" sequences with Lechuck in MI games, where you have to solve puzzles while things chase and try to kill you. It could easily work.
  • edited June 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    It could easily work.

As a FPS yeah, as an RPG maybe , as a 'Point n Click' , heck no.
    edited June 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    Clever girl.

velociraptor.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.