The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I was wondering where the little guy went. Thanks you!
  • edited December 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Mostly, get better pencils.

The ones I used were Prismacolor, maybe I should've actually sharpened them a little then? XD
  • edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    The ones I used were Prismacolor, maybe I should've actually sharpened them a little then? XD

Just follow the intructions on the Tutorial I linked. My sister (Who did that tutorial) used some Fabell Castell.
  • edited December 2010
    s640x480

drawing pokey mans takes me back to the happier moments of my teenager-hood.

there is more to this, but it might get me hanged. This is all you will ever see. >=
  • edited January 2011
    I stay with friends every New Year, so this year I made them a little model of their cat using a tutorial from a Christi Friesen book. I call it Charlie: Slayer of Spiders!

0006y68g

Charlie really is a slayer of spiders, the house used to be prone to invasions of giant house spiders as it has an adjoining garage infested with them. Ever since they got Charlie, all we see is spider legs, and even saying the word 'spider' out loud sends Charlie running around looking for one. Good kitty.
  • edited January 2011
    Don't lift kitty up...:p
    A joke, I think...
  • edited January 2011
    That cat is my hero.
  • edited January 2011
    Junaid wrote: »
    Anyway, I posted the whole storyboard online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucHsY1bK_JA

That was great. I was pleasantly surprised to hear music from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood used in it. What were the other music pieces you used?
  • edited January 2011
    That was great. I was pleasantly surprised to hear music from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood used in it. What were the other music pieces you used?

I'm not 100% sure but I think:
    - Kick-ass
    - Back to the Future
    - Star Wars
    - Army of Darkness
    - Ratchet and Clank (not sure which one, I think one of the PS3 games)
    - Mars Attacks!
    - Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
    - Uncharted 2
  • edited January 2011
    9ea389a6c41b3165ed9ae10381d9520d-d36esa5.jpg

Because I watch too much YouTube Poop...
  • edited January 2011
    I want to thank you all for sharing. I enjoy this thread very much, it helps distract me from other things.
  • edited January 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGA7lBSyGyE

A weird little animated short I had to make about cats racing on balls.

Yeah, don't ask.
  • edited January 2011
    Ok artists, I really need a bit of help. What do you do when you feel really rusty and actually feel like you're just getting worse and worse. I already tried a friend's advice of giving it a rest for a while and then try again but it's not helping.
  • edited January 2011
    Ok artists, I really need a bit of help. What do you do when you feel really rusty and actually feel like you're just getting worse and worse. I already tried a friend's advice of giving it a rest for a while and then try again but it's not helping.

Just relax and take your time whilst making your art. You'll get better at it.

Says the guy who rushes to get his half-assed pieces on Deviant Art.
    Well, do as I say, not as I do.
  • edited January 2011
    Sounds to me like you need inspiration. I usually find myself more willing to do art when I have a project in mind, rather than just drawing whatever random things come out of mind at that particular moment.
  • edited January 2011
    Is it that you're having problems figuring out what to draw, or getting lazier (not drawing every brick in the wall), or your new stuff just doesn't look as good as the old stuff (why not?)?

Try hand-copying one of your older pieces and see what happens.
  • edited January 2011

Don't give it a rest--that'll only make you rustier. What I like to do when I'm in a rut is either draw people from life or go to the library and read interesting stuff (I fancy folklore books myself). Heck, if you don't have a library close by or if you're feeling really lazy, just go surfing on Wikipedia by hitting the "Random Article" button until you find something that fascinates you! You draw from what you know, so if you run out of things to draw, learn more!
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks guys, but inspiration is the one thing I'm not lacking. Hell, if it was it wouldn't be so frustrating for me =P

I'm trying something that I'll post later and see how it ends up working for me.
  • edited January 2011
    awesome work
  • edited January 2011
    Junaid wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGA7lBSyGyE

A weird little animated short I had to make about cats racing on balls.

Yeah, don't ask.

That was so cute. ^_^ I just don't know what else to say other than awesome job dude. :cool: (Also that rhino in a chicken suit was hilarious)
  • edited January 2011
    And here's just what I was talking about last post.

getting_back_in_shape_by_thesunnyguy-d370pcs.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Getting-back-in-shape-193188700
    I've been feeling extremely rusty, so I was practicing drawing this character to see if I could derust a little. The character is just a generic guy, in fact, I think I'll call him Mr. Generic and use him for this kind of practices in the future

And yeah, I did both a 5-finger hand and a 4-finger hand.

I've also been trying to draw various humanized Sams making him look as bishounen/cute as I could for the lulz and for no other reason, but I didn't really like them. If any of you are interested though I guess I could post them in the other thread later >.>
  • edited January 2011
    My current art project, to help learn how to draw, it's coming along quite nicely, and more done than when I took this photo.

DocHalf.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Not bad, keep practicing.

Well, now that I don't have to DP...

tai_drawn_for_a_class_by_thesunnyguy-d374e26.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Tai-...class-193360686
    Not much to say that the title doesn't. I guess that derusting exercise did help a bit though.

You know, I think I should lower the shoulders a bit, anyone else agrees?
  • edited January 2011
    Hey SunnyGuy, do you mind if I give a critique?
  • edited January 2011
    Well, that's kinda what I want, and don't mention either the feet or the left hand, I'm well aware of how not good they both are >__>
  • edited January 2011
    Not posting in the Sam & Max forum EVEN THOUGH it contains human Norrington, and my take on Sybil and Abe's kid. And the kid in the middle...well it should be obvious who he's related to in some way I've yet to figure out myself.
    PoseasateambecauseshitjustgotREALcopy.png?t=1295073434

Cheri what're you doing making all these offspring uuuugh.
  • edited January 2011
    Original character time!

s640x480

Someday soon, I WILL get started on this story...
  • edited January 2011
    why do I find the last one sexy?
  • edited January 2011
    doodo! wrote: »

Because you're doodo.
  • edited January 2011
    doodo! wrote: »

Bwahahaha!
  • edited January 2011
    Nice original character.
    Cheri wrote: »
    Not posting in the Sam & Max forum EVEN THOUGH it contains human Norrington, and my take on Sybil and Abe's kid. And the kid in the middle...well it should be obvious who he's related to in some way I've yet to figure out myself.
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/Cheri-chan/PoseasateambecauseshitjustgotREALcopy.png?t=1295073434

Cheri what're you doing making all these offspring uuuugh.

Ooh, really nice, if I'm honest I always imagined Sybil/Abe's child as a boy, and looking as a sin against nature, but yours is really good too. I imagine the mother of the one in the middle would be a random woman we know nothing about right?

Well, more of my random drawings.
    battler_chibimiya__hypocricy__by_thesunnyguy-d379u4l.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Battler-Chibimiya-Hypocricy-193614789
    Random idea I had inspired by Ougon Musou Kyoku, first time I draw Battler too. The pose could use some work but I still like it.
  • edited January 2011
    Why is the General Art Thread so low on the page? General Art Thread lonely. General Art Thread SMASH!
    imp_by_klatuu_vii-d37ihz6.jpg

(I have no idea what the text above is supposed to mean, sorry.)
  • edited January 2011
    RooftopBattleWIPcopy.png?t=1295500580

Blurgh.
  • edited January 2011
    Still needs work, but he actually looks like Stitch now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2300&stc=1&d=1295511219

Also, Cheri, it took me forever to think of Papierweite. I totally thought the kid was related to Ben Tennyson.
  • edited January 2011
    I just launched my new portfolio site! Yay!

WWW.IMAJUNATION.COM
  • edited January 2011
    READING RAINBOW!

119.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Whee more of my crappy stuff
    the_nicest_psycho_ever__by_thesunnyguy-d37zifb.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/The-nicest-psycho-ever-194812679
    Meet, uh, damn, haven't thought of a name yet. Anyways he's one of the nicest and kindest guys on the planet, always smiling (ALWAYS) with his eyes barely opened most of the time (like Brock =P) and overall a nice guy to be around. When he's not stabbing, shooting, maiming, or something else you to death that is. He likes killing, he likes blood, he's just insane and the worst part (for everyone other than him that is) is that his kindness is so convincing (and he's not faking it either) that you'd never expect him to slice your stomach open a few moments later. Oh yeah, and his clothes (or shirt at least) are always white because that way he can see the bloodstains on him better.

A random character idea that I had a few days ago, I like his design I guess. The coloring and background were pretty much an afterthought though, and I dislike how the skin came out =/ Also I suck at drawing blood and footprints >_>

I really wish it would've been scanned better, but oh well.

I'm accepting name suggestions.
  • edited January 2011
    Some random stuff... (the first of which is buried somewhere in the BttF fanart thread)

bttf.png

chihuahua.png

goodomens.png

giraffe.png

74345_492649659457_11641449457_7222859_4064031_n.jpg

72205_492649564457_11641449457_7222854_6185428_n.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Heh, nice pics, I like your style :)

Well, a kind of continuation from my last pic

blood_is_tasty__by_thesunnyguy-d380h6x.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Bloo...tasty-194857737
    I decided to name him Isaac :)

Just showing what he looks like with an eye opened. Also trying out using different thicknesses for the lines while inking, dunno how well that came out. I like how coloring came out, simple but effective if you ask me (and yes, I didn't color the skin on purpose). I'm sure there must be a couple of mistakes here and there but overall I'm pleased with this.

How do you guys think the inking came out? .__.
  • edited January 2011
    With the help of mates, I made this trailer for a project I'm working on:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RotCbYk6wMQ&feature=feedu

it's WAAAAAY to epic, but that's cool... right?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.