The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Yeah, you're right doods. I'm used to behave egoistically on things I'm not good at and don't give enough importance to the things I'm actually working on.

Thanks for the great compliment. I'm more than honored even to know my work is considered professional work. Much appreciated, lead a wonderful life yourself too.
  • edited March 2011
    Lots of people struggle with ego, especially artists. I think it's ok to have a ego about your work, just try to be honest without getting a God complex :D
  • edited March 2011
    I made this one for a thread over at the Sierra Help Pages. I think it's my finest work.

LORDOFTHEDEAD.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Here's a 3D voxel Graham I made on Q-Block a while back.

And here are some of my crappy pixel-art doodlings:

grahamportrait.pngFatGraham-1.gifobesegraham-large.png
    (I don't know why I think it's funny to draw morbidly obese pictures of Graham, but I do.)

And here's a sexy VGA-style lady Graham:
    ladygraham2.png
  • edited April 2011
    Here's some stuff I Photoshopped - well, Gimped, actually - for my King's Quest fangame.
    9j22gz.png

The box art is actually a painting by Vincent Laurentsz van der Vinne I. You can see the original here. The style of the packaging is obviously a reference to how early King's Quests were marketed. Here's an example. This is by no means a coincidence - Fool for a Day is a direct sequel to King's Quest I and will be structured similarly as far as gameplay goes (exploration over story).
    11r9mbm.png

Not much to see here, although I take some pride in the fact that I was able to recreate the logo as it appears in the title screens for V and VI without copying and pasting ;) The background is actually the Cliffs of Logic from VI.
    1f928h.png

The ground here is actually... The sea from King's Quest V, but recolored ;) Trees come from Conquests of Longbow and the mushrooms are Quest for Glory inventory items.

Graham sprite is from KQI SCI, recolored for VGA quality and given a lot of other tweaks.
    2aetv68.png

The ladder is taken from the thieves guild in Quest for Glory. The money bags are inventory items, also from Quest for Glory. Chest comes from Conquests of Longbow.

Right now, that's how I intend to roll - I want this to be a one man project, not to prove something to others, but to myself. Once the first version is done however, I may actually look for graphic artists and musicians to help me turn the game into something really special and fully original, at least as far as audiovisual assets go.

And, if you're interested, here's some info about the story:

2ywiv6o.pngs the new king of Daventry, young cavalier Graham learns the hard way that with the limitless love of his people comes also the endless hate of his enemies. Tricked by a magically inclined court jester, he finds himself crownless and exiled to a faraway land. Join Graham on his enchanted quest and prove your royal courage once more in this new animated adventure inspired by the Roberta Williams classics!

5oil91.png Explore the magical land of Bomen!

5oil91.png Discover the treasure of Iron John!

5oil91.png See a princess about a pea!

5oil91.png Learn the secret of the white raven!

5oil91.png And much, much more!
  • edited April 2011
    kq3mspaint.png
  • edited April 2011
    Radogol wrote: »
    Here's some stuff I Photoshopped - well, Gimped, actually - for my King's Quest fangame.

Nice! Have you made any other fangames? Are you using AGS?
  • edited April 2011
    Derp

Robin.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Nice! Have you made any other fangames?

Thanks! Fangames - no, games - yes.
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Are you using AGS?

Correct!
  • edited April 2011
    Aw hell, here's something just to spice things up in here:

viezebever.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    itsgrahambitch.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Rats make great pimps. This painting of mine has really improved over time, even though it's not what I originally wanted it to be.

SVI8p.png
  • edited April 2011
    Rats make great pimps. This painting of mine has really improved over time, even though it's not what I originally wanted it to be.

SVI8p.png

Kind of reminds me of Gabriel Knight.
  • edited April 2011
    Someone told me it looks like Don from Phantasmagoria.
  • edited April 2011
    Might as well post these here, just a bunch of collective scribbles.

Keetsheadshot.png?t=1302652749

PaSstyleRaulcopy.png?t=1302652850

Fitzpleasejuststopflirtingwitheveryone.png?t=1302652889

BawwwIon.png?t=1302652916

Refusetokneel.jpg?t=1302652942

TTGLeahWIPcopy.png?t=1302652963
  • edited April 2011
    I like the top one! :)

Here are some previews of the backgrounds from my graduation animated short:
    BGPreview.png
  • edited April 2011
    The first and third frames of that look amazing, Junaid! Any chance we could see some bigger versions of both of those?
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks!
    I will post more high-res stills when it's done
  • edited April 2011
    I like the last two best myself, but I have a hard on for those kind of starry nighttime atmospheric pieces.
  • edited April 2011
    I like the last two best myself, but I have a hard on for those kind of starry nighttime atmospheric pieces.

That'll cover about 80% of the film, so I think you'll like it :)
  • edited April 2011
    Junaid, you're so awesome it hurts.
  • edited April 2011
    I really, really want to be able to come up with backgrounds HALF as nice, so that I can be motivated enough to do my own web comic I'm planning for years.

Speaking of which;
    fal_doodle_compilation_v1_by_flnc-d3bfra3.png
    fal_doodle_compilation_v2_by_flnc-d3dxg5e.png

Yeah, it'll be about that guy. Just random quick sketches and stuff.
  • edited April 2011
    Falanca bar, you're getting better and better!
  • edited April 2011
    satw___prize_by_ginny_n-d3e92z2.jpg

It took its time, but well....

The winning entry in the Poll was corruption and this a silly description of what the Chileans think of theirselfes.

The study is real: We are the less corrupt country in LatinAmerica (In fact, we are less corrupt than some countries from Europe), but we think about our selfes as pretty corrupt, so that was the typical commentary when the theme of the study comes.

Chile hiding under European Union is just comical effect :)

Let see if somebody wants to choose. The next comic will be about:

Double Personality
    Flashback
    Religious Countries
    America
    A Little Kid in the South
    Flags
    Or Comics?
  • edited April 2011
    masquerade__new_by_rubygloommel-d3eb41z.jpg

Spent all bloody day doing this! :P
  • edited April 2011
    Wow!

That's awesome, rubygloommel!
  • edited April 2011
    Klatuu wrote: »
    Wow!

That's awesome, rubygloommel!

Thankyou very much! ^^
  • edited April 2011
    If she's going to Mardi Gras next year, I'll have to rethink my plans! ;)

If I had to criticize, I'd say some of the symmetry is not there. Hair color is slightly different, jewels on one side and not the other, and not angled quite right, but it's still an awesome job and a lot better than I could do!
  • edited April 2011
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    If she's going to Mardi Gras next year, I'll have to rethink my plans! ;)

If I had to criticize, I'd say some of the symmetry is not there. Hair color is slightly different, jewels on one side and not the other, and not angled quite right, but it's still an awesome job and a lot better than I could do!

Thanks! I drew from a reference (I SHOULD be practising from real life, but, meeeh, I can't force someone to sit still for that many hours while I try to draw something half different) so I didn't really have control over the jewels and things like that.

Here's the ref pic http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cg0hstLUnKI/S9R5dey3OXI/AAAAAAAAAV0/EWM9UldWvWk/s1600/masquerade.jpg

Thanks for the concrit though! Symmetry's something I can definetely work on! :)
  • edited April 2011
    satw___double_personality_by_ginny_n-d3ejyn8.jpg

Some 10 years and something, Augusto Pinochet, ex-chilean dictator, went to England for health tratement, and one Spaniard judge decided to demand him for war crimes in Chile and order his extradition.

Chile is playing Pinochet role as the accused, but his actions represent what the chilean people think of that period: One group think is was one of the best moments of our nation and other think is was a shame and the guilty people must pay. The other part, not represented here, just want to this people, both sides, to shut up.

And, anyway, Pinochet was pardoned for demency and returned to Chile. If you wanna know.
  • edited April 2011
    If only I wasn't so lazy, I'd get up and make something in my free time...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2011
    ...and to tell you the truth, I'm battling with the very same problem. There's such a beautiful project lying before me, but I'm just too darn lazy.

Gotta get over this. You too, doodo.
  • edited April 2011
    +1.
  • edited May 2011
    9ea389a6c41b3165ed9ae10381d9520d-d36esa5.jpg

holy crop that reminds me of...
    222814_222587784424335_100000193442246_1121085_6505562_n.jpg
    eddie lebron creation "SONIC" (fan film) in 3D live-action fan movie (based on Yogi Bear, Hop, Tron Legacy, Speed Racer, The dark knight, and Megaman Fan Film.) This image is from Facebook.

....your welcome

P.S. "Sonic" Fan Film starts rolling on may 19th!
  • edited May 2011
    So we had to use a table (my first time using it and making something good) for my University class (I'm studing Digital Animation & Videogame Design) and we had to pick up any picture from the internet and draw it on the tablet. And since I was in the Portal mood i did this...

Wheatley.jpg

So, what do you think?
  • edited May 2011
    Viku, that's really impressive and awesome.

PORTAL2SPOILER
    Apologies taken, Wheatley.
  • edited May 2011
    Spaaaaaaaaaace!

Here's some old concept art I did for someone's graduation film:
    Oil%2BConcept%2BArt%2BKlein.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    stars_made_out_of_paper_by_ginny_n-d3g03d9.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    I like it
  • edited May 2011
    All I do is sketch. So here is a shot of a city, some people, and a Minecraft themed image. Creepers.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.