Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Six mo. old computor . high end graphics card and processor. Exceed recommended requirements. I'm just saying they could have put a little effort into developing this game. Finished episode one in an hour. And good for you.
    Glad you have the best system out there.
  • edited November 2011
    My computer is somewhat new, but I wouldn't say 'BRAND SPANKIN' NEW!'. This game works fine for me. What exactly is it doing, just when you try to play the 2nd episode, it restarts at the beginning of the 1st?
  • edited November 2011
    Good points of the game
    1-Mutiple Choices:In a similair fashion to games such Mass Effect or Dragon Age,choices you make can have different outcomes,like for instance choosing the intruder girls profession to the guard will be mentioned several more times in the game,i chose exterminator.

2-Mutiple Endings:Although both are similair and based just on 1 choice

3-Good Graphics:The T-Rex and Mosasaurus looked fantastic as well as the enviroments,however the Troodons looked very poorly in fact they looked more like aliens then dinosaurs with their big buldging eyes O___O

Bad points of the game:

1-No Island Exploration:Most people wanted to explore the island,the vistors center,and many dinosaur exhibits,perhaps even take a tour ride,very few dinosaurs were featured

2-Short Gameplay:I beat this game in literally 4 hours then quickly returned it

3-Lack of puzzles,Repetitive Sequences:The biggest puzzle in the game was in fact when your looking for the shaving cream can,none of the other puzzles even came close to the excitement or the length,most the game your either running or sneaking around dinosaurs and being a short game as it is i was hoping for variety.

4-Main focus on Troodon:Most dinosaurs were overlooked to make the Troodon seem most active and important in the game,many other dinosaurs from the movies and Books were not included at all,the troodons also looked poor like they were not even dinosaurs.

5-The Ending:The Ending was really pretty lame,you run from a T-Rex jump in a boat and sail away,didnt feel very climatic at all with no twist at the end,felt more like the end of the third movie cept worst.

6:The T-rex aka Pac-man:Dubbed pac-man due to the fact it behaves like jaws from the speilberg movie in the fact through the game it constantly kept eating nonstop clearly not possible able to fit and digest everything it consumed,also was clearly not normal animal behavior,in 2 days it managed to eat enough to clearly feed 3 T-Rex'es for a week each.

I know people are gonna hark and put me down but i try and be fair to each game i approach,however with all respect i knew this game was gonna be like a interactive movie but it just didnt have the feel of jurassic park in it,nor the hands on dinosaur experience,most the game i was simply running from a t-rex,raptor,or troodon,it was also clearly too short a game for this day and age.
  • edited November 2011
    Good points of the game
    1-Mutiple Choices:In a similair fashion to games such Mass Effect or Dragon Age,choices you make can have different outcomes,like for instance choosing the intruder girls profession to the guard will be mentioned several more times in the game,i chose exterminator.

I would move this point to the 'Bad points' section. The game offers the player choices, but these choices have no effect on the story. The game is in fact very linear and shallow.
  • edited November 2011
    Characters:

I'm shocked with all the love the characters are getting, not one of them is original or well written. Each one of them is a walking cliche. From the soldier with a troubled past seeking redemption, to the mad scientist or rebellious teen with daddy isssue. It's all very predictable and superficial.
    (It also didn't help that Telltale doesn't define half these characters until the very end of the game.)

Story:

I loved how Telltale begins the story that parrallels the events of the original film. It was great to relive some of those moments. Unfortunately, after the first episode the story seemed to be irrelevant and non-existent. The designers ditch compelling storytelling and character development for endless action sequences and tedious button prompts. The writers had the chance to explore the themes of the original film, raising deep ethical questions about creationism and technology. But instead they go for the lazy rescue mission approach, which was very disappointing. I felt there was alot to de desired in this area, and didn't really feel true to the original film.

Gameplay:

I'll just leave this section blank. Taking apart this portion will just get me upset.
  • edited November 2011
    NO REGRETS. Sure something could have been better, didn't like the Troodons much, and I hated a few characters *cough*Sorkin*cough* But it did it's job and I freaking Loved the game! Thanks Telltale E>
  • edited November 2011
    Umm, are you guys even aware of what you are talking about? A cinematic experience should be linear, please don't act like every game should have freedom, exploration and multiple choices/ways.
  • edited November 2011
    Tanshaydar wrote: »
    Umm, are you guys even aware of what you are talking about? A cinematic experience should be linear, please don't act like every game should have freedom, exploration and multiple choices/ways.

I almost choked to death.

You realize all those "games with choices" actually are ten times more cinematic that JP the game ? Right ?

If not, then I am so sorry for you.

Also, to the author, "multiple choices like Mass Effect and Heavy Rain". I laughed.

The actual thing to say was "choices as wide the ones you get in the Back to the Future game !!!!".
  • edited November 2011
    Gameplay:

I'll just leave this section blank.

Perfect summary.
  • edited November 2011
    Well, I've just finished all 4 episodes. I am now ready to do my review, but I want to keep it short and as spoiler-free as possible. So here goes.

The first two eps are fantasic. They replicate the atmosphere and intensity of the films (especially the first film) perfectly. These episodes are also chock-full of JP film references that I think the efacionados will really enjoy. Best of all they both feature some brillant cinematic set-pieces, including (these will be the only spoilers (promise)) a titanic fight between two iconic dinos in the first episode and a brillant section involving a roller-coaster style ride in the second. The difficulty level is also set about right with two or three of the sceneros being genuinely difficult, whilst the rest is reasonably easily managed. The storyline flows rapidly, and the balance of play between the different parties of characters is well-balanced. Many critics have cited bugs in the game, however I got to be honest I didn't really come across any in these first two episodes (although I did get some slow-down in the cinematic real-time button pressing sequences at times, which was irratating). Excellent start to the series! Ratings- ep1 9/10, ep 2 8/10.

We start to hit problems with the third episode. In fact, it is so much worse than the first two episodes that it almost felt that it wasn't part of the same game. Playing the third episode was the first time I considered the game too hard. The number of times I was dying made the thing almost comical, but still slighly irratating. Worse still the story-line seemed to have dried up, and there is nothing comparible to the brillance of the aforementioned roller-coaster ride or climatic dino battle. The episodes switches from one party of characters to the next with wanton abandon, making it difficult to really get into the flow of the story. Worst of all though is that those bugs that the critics mentioned suddently reared their ugly heads, particularly in the power plant section. I had cursor icons go missing, characters climb up ladders even though they had already climbed them and several other problems. I shouldn't be too negative, this episode isn't absolutely terrible, but it came as a shock to me just how less enjoyable it was to play then eps 1 and 2. I am curious, does anybody else who has played all the eps agree with me on this? Rating 5/10.

Episode 4 does signal something of a recovery from the dissappointment of ep 3. But it still isn't quite as good as eps 1 and 2. Firstly, the difficulty level has improved slightly although the Troodon fight (sorry, another spoiler) is still too hard in my view (I died an awful lot on that bit!). There is no annoying to-ing and fro-ing between the characters that plagued the third episode (thankfully!). The ending is also pretty good (with at least two possible variations that I can detect). There is also a return to some of the good puzzle elements of the first two games (ep 3 is lacking in that department as well). Rating- 7/10.

I guess there are two other general comments that I would like to make. The first is that the style of game (real time action, or whatever you want to call it) generally lends itself to dieing many (MANY) times. If you are the kind of person who gets frustrated easily, then this probably isn't the type of game for you. On the plus side though Telltale have cleverly worked in a couple of features to ease this frustration considerably, the first is that the game auto-saves very frequently and so you only need to succesfully finish a little piece of real-time action in order to make some progress in the game. The second is that the buttons you have to press are made easier if you fail on the same bit twice or more.

The second general comment is that this is difficult to compare to other Telltale games, simply because it is so different. If I was forced into making a comparison I would say that I enjoyed eps 1 and 2 just as much as Sam and Max or Monkey Island. Unfortunately, ep 3 kind of spoilt it for me a little (and was probably the least enjoyable Telltale experience I have had). Overall rating 7.5/10.
  • edited November 2011
    Tanshaydar wrote: »

I'm not saying the game had to have freedom or exploration. The game is linear, so using the multiple choice system as a positive attribute makes no sense.
  • edited November 2011
    The Jurassic Park the game is the worst game of the year 2011,you have dishonored the movie, low quality 'graphics and little interactivity with the game.
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry to hear that. Most of us liked it. Didn't know that a film was capable of being...uh...dishonored.

By the way, have you tried this 2011 game? Because I think you might change your mind.
  • edited November 2011
    just out of curiosity what did you want in the game?
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    just out of curiosity what did you want in the game?

Personally, I wanted the game to be a game.

It wasn't. And it was ugly. (so I can't even see it as a movie)
  • edited November 2011
    are you dumb...it was never meant to be a game or a shooter as all u homosapiens now a days want it to be , it was a cinematic adventurer , it has been stated over a 1000000 times , if you werent so dumb or stupid enough to open your eyes and actually read , u would of known that
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I have an answer to that post. Move along.
  • edited November 2011
    Before I start my review let me say this. I am not much of a gamer. So my opinion may not be for the average gamer. But as a JP Fan here is what I thought.

Story-9.5/10
    One of the biggest points where JP:TG succeds in is its story. The story itself is not very complex but Telltale layered it to where I was excited to play through the game to see what happens. The story also has a lot of heart and unlike other games which promised great stories *coughmarvelultimatealliance2cough* actually succeded in its promise. Though there are a few bumps with there story it isn't awful.

Characters-10/10
    Never before have I liked VG-Only characters as much as this. The cast is a well rounded bunch with ALL the characters having flaws to them. All of them do good and bad things and act like people.

Gameplay-8/10
    Like many reviews have said the gameplay is somewhat lacking but not by much. It is button mashing/exploration type gameplay which you have to keep a level-head to do well in. I can see this type of gameplay annoying some people but I really didn't mind much besides some things with the joysticks.

Models/Graphics-9/10
    Despite these getting criticised a lot I really liked the graphics besides a few shots. They are nicely rendered and I love the models for the creatures. The humans could've been better but humans are hard to render. I've tried it before and we're a pain in the ass to model.

Creatures-9.5/10
    Troodons-Holy **** are these bastards creepy. By far the scariest dinosaurs in the game. I mean those eyes are creepy as hell and there are other things which they do which are Alien-esque.
    Dilophosaurs-The Dilos have never returned after there apperance in JP so I was glad that they got focus in the game. Despite them not being as scary as the Troodons there parts where great. Especially because we learn some new things about them in the game.
    Triceratops-My favorite dinosaur of all time had some GREAT scenes in the game. My favorite boss battle was the Triceratops vs Rex fight. Thre models where great and I was glad to see them get the focus that they deserved.
    T.Rex-By far the most popular dino besides Apatosaurus the Rex is the only dinosaur besides Troodon to be in all 4 episodes. You have the most boss fights with her as well.
    Pteranadons-Despite having a small apperance they have a great scene at the beggining of episode 2 with them flying. They get talked about more then we see them though.
    Compys-There roles are small and they mostly just run around certain stages. Kind of dissapointing but its nice to see them.
    Herrerasaurs-These dinos have been known to be on Nublar but we never saw them but JP:TG confirmed there appearence. They act like Raptors but aren't anywhere near as bright. They also only have one fight in the game.
    Parasauralophus-They are the second Herbivore in the game and after your intial challenge of herding them don't appear much besides being eaten.
    Raptors-By far one of the coolest JP creatures and they where rightfully portrayed. I can't say much about them due to the fact that if I say more CF3 will get spoiled.
    Mosasaur-May I say this. Jaws eat your heart out. The Mosasaur fight was intense what else can I say?
    The only thing is the lack of herbiovores in the game. I mean seriously only two and Brachisoaur sounds. Though the Brach got cut but still semi-dissapointing.

Fan-Service/Movie Refrence-10/10
    Oh. My. God. SO MANY REFRENCES! But in all seriousness there where many refrences to the move and lots of fan service.

Overall Thoughts-
    This is by far the best JP Game of all time. Beating out Tresspasser,TLW Shooter, and JP:OG. The game is one fo my favorites and I higly recomeend it.

Rating-
    9.5/10
  • edited November 2011
    I agree, this is not a game. This is an interactive movie with no other challenge than smashing buttons. The casual gamers who like JP may like it. Experienced gamers will not. Telltale is obvioulsy trying to cash in on a famous franchise with a large fan base. That's what I was trying to explain a few months ago and I manly received sarcasm here. Now the press and the users on Metacritic seem to agree...
  • edited November 2011
    Mike55 wrote: »
    Overall Thoughts-
    This is by far the best JP Game of all time.

What are you smoking ? Were you even born in 1993 ? :eek:
  • edited November 2011
    kasaki89 wrote: »
    are you dumb...it was never meant to be a game

Pssst. The title of the product is called, "Jurassic Park: The Game". It is infact, a game.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    anthoto1 wrote: »

Seriously, I can see that this is the place where opinions necessarily clash, but keep it a little bit more civil. The consumption of psychoactive substances is not necessary to like this game, just a certain preference which others might not share.
  • edited November 2011

Hmmm tell me a better game then this game. Which game has characters which you care about? Certainley not the old consoles. Tresspasser was a fighting game and JP:OG was a Zoo Tycoon-Esque game. So yeah please actually anwser like someone with some sense instead of an invalid when I explained my thoughts.
  • edited November 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    Pssst. The title of the product is called, "Jurassic Park: The Game". It is infact, a game.

I've been playing videogames for more than twenty years and this is probably the less interactive thing that I've ever tested.
  • edited November 2011
    Mike55 wrote: »
    Hmmm tell me a better game then this game. Which game has characters which you care about?

Back in 1993, Jurassic Park games (on NES, SNES or MD) had an actual gameplay that was up to standards. JPTG has none.
  • edited November 2011
    Back in 1993, Jurassic Park games (on NES, SNES or MD) had an actual gameplay that was up to standards. JPTG has none.

1.I've said it before. I'm not an experinced gamer. So what may have been good gaming for me you may not have liked.
    2.What gamplay did YOU want? I'm ok with button mashing but i'm not an experinced gamer.
    3.Yeah JP:TG is up to the standards and is far better then some recent games. Go play MUA2 and come back to me on bad gameplay.
  • edited November 2011
    jpark_08 wrote: »
    Characters:

I'm shocked with all the love the characters are getting, not one of them is original or well written. Each one of them is a walking cliche. From the soldier with a troubled past seeking redemption, to the mad scientist or rebellious teen with daddy isssue. It's all very predictable and superficial.
    (It also didn't help that Telltale doesn't define half these characters until the very end of the game.)

Let me stop you right there. Both the characters in the game and the characters in the film are walking cliches. Look at Nedry--fat nerd programmer. Look at Hammond--Andrew Carnegie-esque genial billionaire. Some character developments were cliche (the stern Grant's hardened sensibilities about children are changed when he is thrust into a situation where he has to protect children) and some character developments were even preposterous (suddenly, this kid knows how to manipulate a UNIX system and save the lives of all).

Point being, I think the developers were intentionally trying to hit on the notes of the original film, with its cliche characters and silly triumph-over-the-odds revelations. While you can say that the characters were cliche, you cannot deny the fact that all of the characters in the game were on the island purposefully. While I'm kind of an apologist for the game, I do feel that some of the dialogue was overly campy and grating to hear. But that does not change my opinion of the effectiveness of the game's characters.

This goes to say nothing of the gameplay, which could have been so much more, but alas, the game is released, and there is nothing we as gamers can do about it now, short of complaining, which is an effort in futility. I enjoyed the game for what it was: an interactive Jurassic Park film for fans of the original.
  • edited November 2011
    I confess I skipped your post to avoid spoilers, because I have not finished the game yet, but was looking for a thread where I could give feedback.

I'm enjoying the game so far and I'm a *huge* fan of both Telltale Games and the Jurassic Park franchise, so I've been really looking forward to this.

My main gripe so far is there seems to be a lot of inappropriate button inputs in the QTEs. The best example is where you are staring at the floor looking for tracks and you have to button mash a button. Really? Wouldn't just holding down a button be sufficient for simply looking at the floor?

The parts that require quick reactions and stick movements are great, but pounding one button really fast just feels really lame.

Just an opinion. Love it otherwise.
  • edited November 2011

But what it does have is a story that can stand with the film it was based on. Show me an example of a Jurassic Park video game from the Genesis era that rivaled the 1993 film in a capacity of story, save perhaps Jurassic Park Interactive, which I don't believe I knew anyone at the time who even owned a 3DO.

P.S. The company is called Telltale Games, if that is any indicator of the kinds of products they release.
  • edited November 2011
    okay well it's a bit difficult to come back to the game, but first let's specify I played it on PC with keyboard as the input interface.

I really enjoyed the story, the characters, and found the graphics very nice, of course it's nothing like top notch realistic graphics of some games. But it has a nice design overall, and the dinos are pretty good :).

But well to me the game went a bit wrong, because of many things, first the gameplay is really poor and not very interesting, it's completely driven by the game with almost no freedom.
    The observation you have a mouse but still to be able to click something it has to be on the center of the screen, sounds very much like port from console without any changes to make it more intuitive for mouse/keyboard user.
    Some sequences of buttons, well mainly the one where there is two or three buttons to press are completely insane for some you don't even have a complete second to do two or three buttons, but still you don't know what kind of button combination it is, which make's it impossible, unless replaying the sequence to pass some sequences at first.
    I also got another example where it is wrong where on the scuba part the thing you have to shoot to close the grate appears appears after another symbol, so of course you do the first and then die, and then you know there is another option and can pass it.

So well overall I'm pleased with the story, not going after the pure adaptation as always is really the way to go, it just feels right. Even if they are a bit cliche the characters are nice, and really enjoyed the dinos. But the games you take your inspiration of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain are really much more complex, you're still in control of the character and do take decisions that have an impact on the story, and you can also miss buttons sequence which impact what happens but do not kill you each time you're wrong.

I really hope the games are going to be better for the future, for example the latest Sam & Max season was just really nice, creative story, nice and challenging puzzles. Then was Back to the Future, story was nice but there it started to get much less of a challenge on the puzzle side, and finaly Jurassic Park, which is a no challenge at all, that's really the point that is lacking in the game, that you really don't have any kind of puzzle challenge, so many case you just check everything and okay done, only a couple of puzzles which are really too easy.
  • edited November 2011
    paulmccain wrote: »
    Show me an example of a Jurassic Park video game from the Genesis era that rivaled the 1993 film in a capacity of story

Show me an exemple of a XVIth century vehicle that rivaled Ferrai F458 Italia.
  • edited November 2011
    Also, "best" doesn't mean "good" in any way.

The fact that it's better than 15 years old games doesn't mean that it's any good comapred to any nowaday standard.

When Blade Runner the game was released, it was amazing, on every freakin' level, and it was a somewhat linear adventure game, but with several branching, choices, and multiple endings. It's actually a lot like Heavy Rain and Shadow of Memories, which are both story driven with simple gameplay mechanics. But the key point isn't that they're easy, it's that you have CHOICE. You interact in the world, in the story, with the characters.

You don't just press a button to see what they want you to see no matter what. You don't have anything to do in the game, and the puzzles were so easy they kinda just ask you to "click the two things you see in order".

It's just like BTTF except that, you can't walk.

And BTTF is a disaster. I actually didn't even like the story, they just butchered everything :/ I'm sad they even got MJ Fox to do a cameo for that thing.

Also, can I please remind you, a good story is cool for a game. But if that's the only thing cool about the said "game", and that you have NO way to change anything about it (ok minus the ONE choice about Nima at the final act -_- ), it's not even "interactive", you do not participate. It's more like a video player. There's no choice involved (or so little that it's not worth mentionning).

And I love games like Shadow of Memories, Gabriel Knight 2, Heavy Rain, Deadly Premonitions etc...

Those are games noted for not being mostly story driven, and they all had the player being IN the story. Not just watching what was planned in the order it was planned, as if you were playing videos on windows media player :/ ...
  • edited November 2011
    (Review contains spoilers)

A few minutes ago, Nima, Jess and Gerry Harding made it to the boat and to safety - and I'm sitting here replaying the scenes in my head and forming an opinion as I go.

As a big fan of the Jurassic Park films and books, I'm always pleased and excited when something new is being produced or published. When this game was announced, I followed the production and signed up on the TellTale forums to read up on the progress of the game. Some of the news had me smiling, other bits of information that got out had me worried: though I’m not much of a gamer, word about the game play had me concerned. People complained it would be a “point and click” game, something for kids. Which had me thinking, ‘if this is a children’s game, it might be childish and not live up to the original intend and content of the books and films.’ Which is: messing with nature is a bad idea. And if you are unlucky enough, the consequences of that messing around will be deadly.

That last aspect of the game certainly did not let me down. From the very start of Jurassic Park: The Game, it’s clear that something has gone terribly wrong, and it won’t get better any time soon. If it’s not a group of Dilophosaurs hunting you, a T-Rex might be sneaking up from around the corner. Dr. Sorkin’s little Troodon project has gone terribly wrong as well, with the nocturnal predators out and about tracking our heroes constantly.

And those heroes are developed well enough to care for them. The park’s veterinarian, Gerry Harding, is the lead in this game, who has taken his daughter Jess to Isla Nublar after she got in trouble at home. (As is confirmed during a discussion between the two, Sarah Harding from The Lost World: Jurassic Park is his daughter as well.)
    It’s not long before the two encounter Nima, who has her own reasons to visit the island (aside from retrieving the canister with embryos), and the mercenaries Yoder and Oscar, hired to rescue the remaining survivors. On their way to safety, the group has to pick up Dr. Laura Sorkin and her assistant, David. The latter has become dinosaur food by the time the group makes it to the field laboratory, but Sorkin is still alive and hell bend on staying on the island. What follows is a wild chase and a race against time, during which the characters even find some time to discuss ethics and morals.

For the larger part, the story’s pretty well worked out: it sheds a light on INGEN’s background and Isla Nublar’s history. At the same time, this back-story does not seem consistent with the information we can gather from both the books and the films. INGEN and the Costa Rican government forcing the island’s locals in favor of the park does not seem something John Hammond (at least the film’s character), would approve of. And there’s no indication in any of the books that this happened – if any, in the novel The Lost World it’s established that the Five Deaths were all uninhabited, and Nublar most likely was as well.
    The option of choosing different directions in which to steer conversations, makes it possible to gather more information about the characters and the park.

Both characters and story make for an entertaining game: the game play isn’t hard to follow once you’ve gotten the hang of it. (I have to admit, it took me a while to figure it out and I needed some help from the boards before I got into playing mode properly.) It’s good to see that the Dilophosaurus, which we only see once in the film series while they do make for formidable foes, get proper treatment in this game. The Velociraptors presence had me puzzled (the game takes place after the original three have been killed and locked up in the first film), but Dr. Sorkin’s journal solves that mystery as well. They are not overused, but do pose a serious threat during the time they are seen and confronted in the game.
    Our old friend (or nemesis, if you wish) T-Rex is, of course, present as well. She gets a good amount of time to do some serious damage, but shares her screen time with the three newcomers: Herrerasaurus, a pack of Troodons and a Mosasaurus.
    The Troodons are the real danger in this game, with venomous bites, night vision and a nasty way of building a nest (which I will not reveal here – but it would fit into a horror film.) They do look somewhat like the Raptors, but are smaller and nastier creatures: their poison paralyzes and gives the person or animal bitten a hard time being delusional before death finally sets in.

The Herrerasaurs reminded me of the Raptors, a bit bigger and lumpier, but in this game they serve as filler, only appearing once and shortly during the roller coaster ride.

The Mosasaurus is the biggest and most refreshing newcomer when it comes to the prehistoric predators. Almost as big as a Tyrannosaurus, this swimming creature causes the main characters a lot of trouble when they get locked up in the underwater observatory. Sadly, the chapter featuring it is rather short – but perhaps it will return after Dr. Sorkin opened the waterways from the exhibit into the open ocean.

Sadly, the herbivores are limited to encounters with the Triceratops and the Parasaurolophus. A missed opportunity, it seems, as many fans are fond of the Brachiosaurus, the Gallimimus and the Stegosaurus (featured in the book and sequel film, The Lost World: Jurassic Park) and there certainly would have been room for them in the game. On the plus side, we do get to see a lot of familiar locations, among them Nedry’s car (and his body!) and the Visitor’s Center.

The biggest nuisance this game offers is the relatively long video fragments of the characters talking and debating, during which the player can only watch and listen. But, more often than not, these talks will be followed directly by a relentless action scene, demanding you to punch buttons like a maniac. When not prepared because of looking away for a moment to pick up a drink or snack from the table, you could be killed in seconds.

Another problem I had with the game was the amount of time Jess got to talk: I’m not against the presence children in the Jurassic Park films or games, in fact they are an integral part of many of the storylines, but Jess was more annoying than Eric Kirby from Jurassic Park III: trying to smoke, stealing, lying, being obnoxious and calling everything she could not properly name “thingy”. Another missed opportunity was her ability to speak Spanish: instead of making her fail at it, she could have bonded with Nima much easier due to the shared knowledge and mastering of the language.

All in all, it’s an entertaining game which features a lot of dinosaur action and allows us to return to Isla Nublar and explore it. I’m not certain yet if I would call the events in this game “canon” in regard of the film(s), but it certainly is a nice and worthy addition to Jurassic Park’s alternative universe.
  • edited November 2011
    The game had a good story, and a bad everything else!
  • edited November 2011
    I thought the sneaking QTE's were pretty funny, I missed the B button
    When Oscar was trying to sneak by the raptors
    and he yells "Damn!"
  • edited November 2011
    now if they made another jpog game you guys would probably love it wouldnt you, the last posts ive been posting around here, of how it would be like, then you guys wouldnt complain now would you
  • edited November 2011
    now if they made another jpog game you guys would probably love it wouldnt you, the last posts ive been posting around here, of how it would be like, then you guys wouldnt complain now would you
    Personally even though a lot of people are against it (Since it's never about guns and shooting the dinosaurs), I'd love to see a L4D-style type of versus for Jurassic Park than another JP:OG. Although that game was fun for a little while it just ended up getting repetitive and once you 5 star there's nothing else to do.
  • edited November 2011
    Personally even though a lot of people are against it (Since it's never about guns and shooting the dinosaurs), I'd love to see a L4D-style type of versus for Jurassic Park than another JP:OG. Although that game was fun for a little while it just ended up getting repetitive and once you 5 star there's nothing else to do.

thats what mods are for, go to google and type in modding genesis, there are a bunch of mods you can install to your game to make it better, like the graphics for one, different colored skins, right now on my jpog, i have the actual skins from jurassic park, jurassic park the lost world female and male, jurassic park 3 skins, you can mod and everything, but dont tell me how, just look on youtube or something?
  • edited November 2011
    It seems like Telltale should have made this an animated film and just released it on DVD than a game for most people.I would be happy either way (with it being a game or a film) because the story is great and that's all I care about.
  • edited November 2011
    _Veritas_ wrote: »
    It seems like Telltale should have made this an animated film and just released it on DVD than a game for most people.I would be happy either way (with it being a game or a film) because the story is great and that's all I care about.

But then it wouldn't be a bad game, but the worst looking animated movie ever.

You now understand why they called it "a game".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.