The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I bet they'd actively ridicule people for seeking treatment for fatal issues and proclaim that they had nothing at all up until their death. Assholes
  • edited September 2013
    That all sounds really painful, I agree hope she gets better soon, I can't even imagine what it is like to be blind for some period of time.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Wow, that's awful. Hopefully it's nothing major and she gets better soon.
  • edited September 2013
    I'm starting to think this lake should be banned.

The hospital folks are doing the best they can under a variety of stresses. Treat them nice and let them know you're really concerned, and hopefully they'll be nicer in return.

I hope your fiancée's condition improves soon.
  • edited September 2013
    I've had an entire morning to get stuff done, and as per usual I've gone and pissed it all away.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Why am I just so apathetic about everything? Why can I never just focus on something and keep going at it until I get it done? Why do I keep feeling so completely empty?

*sigh* I really dislike myself today. Not depressed or anything, just... bleh. Got nothin'.
  • edited September 2013
    Should we make a "what's on your mind thread 3.0" thread before the new forum begins, so the thread will be displayed in classic mode?
  • edited September 2013
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Should we make a "what's on your mind thread 3.0" thread before the new forum begins, so the thread will be displayed in classic mode?

Why don't we just keep this one?
  • edited September 2013
    It could be a good idea if we just stock up on a couple of spare thread while we still can in case the new thread design is really that bad...

At least this thread should be able to last another 2000 pages...
  • edited September 2013
    I've had an entire morning to get stuff done, and as per usual I've gone and pissed it all away.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Why am I just so apathetic about everything? Why can I never just focus on something and keep going at it until I get it done? Why do I keep feeling so completely empty?

*sigh* I really dislike myself today. Not depressed or anything, just... bleh. Got nothin'.
    I get like that sometimes. I quite my Job, what 5 weeks ago? Back then I had 8 weeks until uni started, which I planned on using to do so much stuff. Like digitising all the old family photo's, making serious headway into my novel and finishing my backcatalogue of doctor who DVDs.

I have done none of this. I scanned in 200 photos in one afternoon, but that is it. I've spent pretty much the entire time I've been jobless doing bugger all. Ah well.
    Hudomonkey wrote: »
    It could be a good idea if we just stock up on a couple of spare thread while we still can in case the new thread design is really that bad...

We need a stockpile of Blank locked threads. That way they can be dished out by the mods as and when needed (unlocked and retitled of course!), so other threads can cash in too!
  • edited September 2013
    well this thread and the steam sales thread are the ones I normally check, so that's good for me.

Then again I was perfectly fine with the beta all that time ago so yay for me :D
  • edited September 2013
    Fallout 4 is currently in development by Bethesda.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Friar wrote: »
    We need a stockpile of Blank locked threads. That way they can be dished out by the mods as and when needed (unlocked and retitled of course!), so other threads can cash in too!

What part of "give it a chance" did you not understand? :o
  • edited September 2013
    It's an insurance policy, in case we give it a chance and it still sucks, and the higher-ups refuse to fix it!

Hence why they'll be locked. Or maybe even deleted (you guys have access to a thread graveyard, right? It'll be hidden from view and you could resurrect it if needed. Maybe.)

Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine. I only visit WOYM and The doctor who thread anyway, so I'm, fine!
  • edited September 2013
    What part of "being prepared for the worst" did YOU not understand.
  • edited September 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    What part of "being prepared for the worst" did YOU not understand.

There is even a song!
  • edited September 2013
    Love that song.

Look, if it'll shut you up, I'll make a Part 3 and 4. Just hush up about it, OK?

EDIT: Done. Didn't realize there was an option to close a thread at the same time as posting it. Useful.
  • edited September 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    There is even a song!
    Heard the original version? It's all about how Scar wants to rape Nala.
    Love that song.

Look, if it'll shut you up, I'll make a Part 3 and 4. Just hush up about it, OK?

EDIT: Done. Didn't realize there was an option to close a thread at the same time as posting it. Useful.
    One day, I'd love to see what you guys see. Mod tools and stuff. Can you post a screenshot or something? It's now or never!
  • edited September 2013
    Great. There's that song ruined.
    One day, I'd love to see what you guys see. Mod tools and stuff. Can you post a screenshot or something? It's now or never!
    I shall leave that for the other mods to decide - it's not something I feel comfortable sharing without their OK.
    edited September 2013

Don't see what's wrong with it. We shared some behind the scenes stuff before. Posting pictures from the mod forums, of course, bad idea.

EDIT: Done.

8n2qsboc.gif

It's happening. We're saving up non threaded threads for nuclear winter.
  • edited September 2013
    So I probably shouldn't show off exactly how I banned Friar? Duly noted.
  • edited September 2013
    Fuck this cunthole.
  • edited September 2013
    That's generally how people procreate, yes.

But no, I'm not actually banning Friar.

...but I could!
    edited September 2013
    Oh the questions you would have to answer.
  • edited September 2013
    I had herd it before on the Blu ray extras.
    edited September 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    There is even a song!
    Jim Cummings did a great job with the final 1/3 of that song. I never realized that it wasn't Jeremy Irons singing until I read Jim Hill's article about it. I can tell now that I know about it, but it's like his Sterling Holloway or Louis Prima imitations. His imitation is so good that you can't tell it's not the original actor unless you're listening really closely for differences.

On a side note, Ben Whitehead is becoming that talented as Wallace. He sounded pretty much just like Peter Sallis in Wallace & Gromit's Musical Marvels. :)

It's too bad Telltale doesn't have the rights to Wallace & Gromit anymore. I'd love to play a series with Ben's new and improved imitation.
  • edited September 2013
    I can't stand this pain and suffering around me all the time. I'm going fucking crazy.
  • edited September 2013
    I can't stand this pain and suffering around me all the time. I'm going fucking crazy.

i don't know why but that reminds me of people going into DT's.(withdraw)
  • edited September 2013
    When I inevitably kill myself, which I have now steadfastly decided will happen at some point, I think I'll address my suicide note to Telltale Games, and make sure the press gets a copy. Then maybe they'll stop making shitty games in my memory.

I really emotionally destroyed my own mom tonight. I'm evil. I want to wipe myself from the planet. I don't care anymore. I've had enough of my own bullshit. This isn't a cry for help, or anything. I just have no fucking balls, so I sit at my computer instead of doing what I should be doing.

And don't fucking come in here with your fucking sympathy and oh don't do it oh no please no Fawful. Go fuck yourselves. I've committed the unforgivable sin of emotionally destroying my own mother, who has worked a thankless job for years to support me. So fuck off, I don't deserve your motherfucking sympathy.

But by all means, if you want, bring it on, and I'll proceed to abuse you as much as I feel fit, cunts. Excuse me while I take it out on my cat. Here's some fucking animal abuse for you if you needed more of an excuse.
  • edited September 2013
    hmmmm i don't know how to respond to that. let me try. ahem. potato's. did that fix your problems?
  • edited September 2013
    Suck it up and apologize to her.
  • edited September 2013
    Well fuck, I was supposed to be in bed by 2 AM, because I have to get up early. Disney Infinity happened. Now I'm not going to be able to sleep until I've purchased a new booster pack probably, and the stores won't open until 9 AM. I'm not going to order them online, because of shitty delivery once too many.

EDIT: It's 5 AM now by the way.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2013
    How is the toybox mode on Disney Infinite anyways? That actually has me a little interested.
  • edited September 2013
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    Suck it up and apologize to her.

I will.

Doesn't change the fact I'll screw up again in the future.
  • edited September 2013
    Doesn't change the fact I'll screw up again in the future.

That's OK, I was expecting you to rip into me for posting that and am pleasantly surprised you didn't. Everyone messes up now and then. It's what you do afterward that counts.

Anyway, this is my last post 'til the new forums. 'Nite, everyone!
  • edited September 2013
    Hudomonkey wrote: »

Not so much. I've already started breaking down the other thread into 500 page chunks.

Hey, who said you get to make these threads? This thing is my fucking albatross!
  • edited September 2013
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    That's OK, I was expecting you to rip into me for posting that and am pleasantly surprised you didn't. Everyone messes up now and then. It's what you do afterward that counts.

Anyway, this is my last post 'til the new forums. 'Nite, everyone!

Why would I rip into you. You didn't give me some stupid fucking platitude.
  • edited September 2013
    Life is finding bigger and better ways to screw up.

Whatever.

You want to take shit out on something, take it out on the new forum.
    edited September 2013
    Hey, who said you get to make these threads? This thing is my fucking albatross!
    Just go in and post, then delete his posts. That will make you the thread creator.:cool:
  • edited September 2013
    Actually, I'd already considered creating the threads by copying my very first post or my first post in Whatever 1, so the threads would exist but be really really old.
  • edited September 2013

Because Marsden is doing what others don't in the time of need.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.