The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• What? Noooooo! We love you der_ketzer! Don't leave us!

I'm actually kind of getting used to the new layout. Sure, it has its fair share of teething problems, like new comment markers being broken (leading to a few other issues), but I reckon in a week or so I'll be used to it. Maybe you should come back in a few days and see how you feel? You're probably just frustrated at the moment with it, but once that dies down maybe you'll feel better with it?

der_ketzer posted: »

Goodbye forums. This is the last thing I'll post here.

• I dunno... I'm kinda feeling the same way.

This place just... it feels so radically wrong now. It's hard to put into words, but I just can't get on with it.

Ugh. I'll try and give it a few days, but... not looking good.

• I have made an account on Double Fine as insurance (though it isn't verified yet) but I might leave...
    I could try but it is too much effort on these forums now...

• I feel exactly the same.

This is not a forum for proper discussion. I don't know what the hell it's supposed to be, just that it's not what it should be.

I dunno... I'm kinda feeling the same way. This place just... it feels so radically wrong now. It's hard to put into words, but I just can't get on with it. Ugh. I'll try and give it a few days, but... not looking good.

• So is any of you guys on Steam?

• edited September 2013

I dunno... I'm kinda feeling the same way.
    This place just... it feels so radically wrong now. It's hard to put into words, but I just can't get on with it.

Ugh. I'll try and give it a few days, but... not looking good.

I'm thinking that I prefer the nested comments to the "classic style" as it stands. It doesn't really work with this forum model and feels awkward and wrong. Whether the nested comments are an improvement over the TTG of yesterday remains to be seen. Once that black bar up top and the new comment finder thing are working properly, I'll be able to say for certain.

But the forums are about more than just the software features. Given that I have no interest in telltales current game portfolio, if many more members decide to up and leave, I will seriously consider it too. What is there to talk about otherwise? There will be no-one left to declare my love of Chewitt's haribo rip-off sweets too!

I dunno... I'm kinda feeling the same way. This place just... it feels so radically wrong now. It's hard to put into words, but I just can't get on with it. Ugh. I'll try and give it a few days, but... not looking good.

• edited September 2013

So is any of you guys on Steam?

I'd show you my Steam Friends list that proves how many people are, but that'd require effort and I just can't be bothered. Not for this place.

• Well, if anyone wants to add me on Steam, I'm on that with the same handle as here. Just let me know who you are first!

• I have no idea who I'm friends with on Steam. My Steam use is... sporadic, at best.

• I'lll send ya a friend request

Friar posted: »

Well, if anyone wants to add me on Steam, I'm on that with the same handle as here. Just let me know who you are first!

• Actually Friar could you send me a friend request please? There is a lot of Friar's and I'm not sure which is you.

Well, if anyone wants to add me on Steam, I'm on that with the same handle as here. Just let me know who you are first!

• My Gravatar sure is taking it's time to activate. Ughhh

• Yeah, I'm Alcoremortis on Steam as well. Pretty much everywhere, really.

I'll probably go over and chill on DoubleFine or SuperHeroHype. Maybe both. NeoGAF is looking oddly welcoming.

Hell, at this rate, I might end up on 4chan in the end and hate everything.

• Actually Friar could you send me a friend request please? There is a lot of Friar's and I'm not sure which is you

Searching for "FriarLawrenceIII" should narrow it down a tad. But I've added you anyway.

Actually Friar could you send me a friend request please? There is a lot of Friar's and I'm not sure which is you.

• Thanks :). I've sent you a friend request Alcoremortis btw.

Actually Friar could you send me a friend request please? There is a lot of Friar's and I'm not sure which is you Searching for "FriarLawrenceIII" should narrow it down a tad. But I've added you anyway.

• edited September 2013

At this point, I'm tempted to create a "New Telltale Forums Refugee Thread" for people who are leaving to make a post to say where they'll be going, but I think it'd be in poor taste until I actually use the thing.

Of course, there's 50/50 odds that it'll even look like a thread started by a moderator, so maybe that doesn't matter anyway.

Seriously, this sucks on every possible level. I have a feeling that Double Fine is about to see a huge influx of Telltale refugees. I wonder if they need moderators over there.

• Double Fine is going to be full of refugees of TTG, maybe you should make thread for that Guru.

• It'll just be like how Telltale used to be a place for the refugees from LucasArts!

T_T

I miss the old forums.

• Sad Irony, I miss it to already and it has only been like what, 12 hours?

• I think we need to stick around until we find out the ending of the Telltale murder mystery.

Although this place doesn't feel like home anymore. I don't think I'll be staying long. Or at least posting as frequently as I used to.

• Guys no offence but it is only the first day of the new forums. I miss the old ones as well and I know its been like this since the beta but give TTG a few weeks or a month or two to attempt to fix some of the problems.

It'll just be like how Telltale used to be a place for the refugees from LucasArts! ... T_T I miss the old forums.

• Haven't you noticed? We're all drama queens, here!

But seriously, we reacted this way when the beta was up, voiced our complaints and now... nothing's changed. They've had months. If they were going to fix any of the issues we found the first go around, they would have done so before launching the new forum. But they didn't. What we see is probably all we're going to get.

• Me nether, I am posting in two forums currently, this one and one Ben made, hard to keep up you know?

• edited September 2013

That doesn't work, Ryan. Because what I see as "problems", Telltale sees as "design features". As much as the new forums have bugs in them, my biggest problems aren't with the bugs. My biggest problems are with the things that Telltale has put into the forums on purpose. Things I argued against before the beta, when they were still just ideas. Things I argued against during the beta. Things I continued to argue against after the beta. I'm argued out.

I don't want to leave. I mean, I like Telltale. There's a reason I became a moderator here. I'm going to try my best to endure, but after just the first hour on here, I'm already wearing out. This forum is built on poor design choices and false promises of "your feedback is being heard".

• My head is spinning, I would love to just see the old blue and white forum, I must be crazy to have put my PC in hibernate mode so I can still see what the old forum looks like, it is driving me insane looking at something that is not real lets just say.

• edited September 2013

A huge bug I have noticed is what happens when you try to type a comma. I end up up with some weird symbol. It's

• I agree Guru. I liked the old way of threads before. Two things I like is more TTG avatars and the like system but I'd rather have the old easy way of picking my own avatar instead of the TTG ones and Signatures. The backgrounds are nice and I like that they got rid of the TTG Classics so all games can have their sections shown in the spotlight BUT I don't like how sub forums have been blended into the normal forums. Its a mixed bag to be honest because while there is stuff I like. There is stuff that annoy me as well.

• I know, the comments like or not is like Youtube, somehow I can see that being trolled rather easily.

• I've been able to type commas. I think. Let me test it out.

"Hey," said Sally, "I think that we should all type punctuation, use bold tags, and link to silly pictures!"

• Do the likes really mean anything though? I mean, without a rep system they are basically pointless.

I agree Guru. I liked the old way of threads before. Two things I like is more TTG avatars and the like system but I'd rather have the old eas

• edited September 2013

Friar:
    Do the likes really mean anything though? I mean, without a rep system they are basically pointless.

Not a thing. They're just... there.

• Well they have no use on Youtube so when would they start mattering now.

• I just think its a good way to say if you agree or disagree with someone. Of couse its best to explain why you disagree though.

Don't get me wrong. I think the old forums are better than the new ones. I just wish they would have taken the best of both forums and put them into one. Like keep the backgrounds, keep the like system, Keep the different sections for each game and keep the new TTG avatars. But from the old forum keep the way the threads work, Keep the sub forums. Keep the signatures, Keep the easy way to use a custom avatar etc

Do the likes really mean anything though? I mean, without a rep system they are basically pointless.

• edited September 2013

I don't think it would even be possible to go back. At least not smoothly. I imagine a lot of data was discarded in the transition.

Bioshock Infinite WD Said:Well they have no use on Youtube so when would they start mattering now.

Well, on youtube you have the featured comment. That drives people to want to have liked comments, because it's an awesome feeling when yu stumble onto a video you commented on 6 months back and discover you are the top comment.

As Darth said, here it means nothing. They keep track of the likes (it's in your profile) but without that being prominently displayed it is a pointless feature.

• Yeah still. I wish there was some way to at least bring back easy custom avatars, signatures, and a straight forward way of reading threads.

I don't think it would even be possible to go back. At least not smoothly. I imagine a lot of data was discarded in the transition. Bios

• Yep, easy avatars, signatures, and a straight forward thread would be just swell.

• It's not at all annoying having to click on the thread (or press the new comments button) then click on the last page to find the actual new comments.

And calling them comments is just fucking wrong.

And yet another annoying thing is knowing what time I read a thread last to tell if there are really new posts. Not counting the fact that there's no local time zone support.

It just goes on and on and on.....

Yeah still. I wish there was some way to at least bring back easy custom avatars, signatures, and a straight forward way of reading threads.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2013

Yep, easy avatars, signatures, and a straight forward thread would be just swell.

Avatars and straight forward threads with QUOTE BUTTONS, yes, but signatures, in this layout?!? I'm already scrolling in here until my fingers bleed, I really don't need signatures as well. :(

Yep, easy avatars, signatures, and a straight forward thread would be just swell.

• The really awful thing? I feel like this thread has become a refugee camp within the Telltale forums. From what poking around I've managed to do (GOD this place is so much harder to navigate!), it seems like this is the only thread where most people dislike the new forums.

• Well when you put it like that, okay signatures are a necessary loss, the quote button though...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.