Walking dead season 2 Error

edited December 2013 in Game Support

Unable to connect to the telltale servers anybody know why?

Comments

• same here started new topic in the activation section, wish i`d pay the extra and bought with steam :-(

• Probably because every imaginable person is attempting to play the game right now and the servers can't handle the load.

• same here...

• why do they have to make you sign in after you have downloaded the game. shouldn't they of anticipated that there servers would be too busy for that considering how many people are downloading the game

• I have this issue too. I can't get into the game at all.

Also wishing i'd bought the Steam version. I thought it was going to be the Steam key, coming from GMG....
    It would only have been £5 more if I got it from the Steam storefront. :(

• Can't get into it either!
    Makes me angry!!

• You have to login to the Telltale servers on the Steam version as well, this was a terrible idea.

• I'm glad to hear it's a level playing.

GaLmHD posted: »

You have to login to the Telltale servers on the Steam version as well, this was a terrible idea.

• seconded

darkangelus posted: »

worst. launch. ever.

• worst. launch. ever.

• Same problem here :\

• Looked up the Community forums on Steam and no one complaining about the login error, so I'm doubting your claim now.

GaLmHD posted: »

You have to login to the Telltale servers on the Steam version as well, this was a terrible idea.

• Seriously, this is ridiculous. A single player game purchased directly from the developers isn't working because of online server bullshit? Give us our Steam keys

• what a crap! first and last game I ever bought here! give us a steam key!!!

• I bought it from Telltale I shouldn't have to login with my steam account. =/

• It shouldn't be asking you to log in with your Steam account... it should be asking you to log in with your Telltale Games account. o.O

Jessica1604 posted: »

I bought it from Telltale I shouldn't have to login with my steam account. =/

• i would have preferred steam too, no need for secondary activation.
    this kind of thing is why people pirate games.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. A single player game purchased directly from the developers isn't working because of online server bullshit? Give us our Steam keys

• Its a bad day when you have to download a crack to play your legally purchased game lol

• I assumed it was a Steam key too. Disappointed when my gamefly code arrived. getting the same error.

• Two things: Why do you need to log in for a single player game?

And why don't we get Steam keys?

• Alright... i am no apologist, but lets give them a chance to respond.... i am definitely seeing the same issue and have to be back at work in about 15 minutes... not the best situation, but i was really hoping to see atleast the intro... email me when you guys have the issue fixed is all i ask...

• Who cares about steam keys. I just want to play the game.

• The important thing is that they get the server going.

• now telling me i dont own the game when i clearly do lol

• I'd like to dispute that. Remember Sim City?

darkangelus posted: »

worst. launch. ever.

• edited December 2013

Seriously, what the hell. Stop punishing your customers with DRM. There shouldn't be any log-in required for this game at all.
    If, for some made up reason, you can't do that, use something that works -- like Steam. Just give out Steam keys. This is bullshit. (Yeah, yeah, first world problems, I know, but I payed and waited for the game and now my friends are playing it and I am not, because they bought it on Steam and I'm stuck here...)

• Yeh but that's an EA game, so it was expected to happen :)

I'd like to dispute that. Remember Sim City?

• All y'all are way too mad about this. Yes, it's frustrating and confusing that we can't jump right into the game. It's not fair to call this the worst launch ever. It's only been an hour!

• This really sux for people like us who paid expecting to play and are being bamboozled!

• Come on Telltale, this kind of thing is torture to us. We have the game and we can't play it. :/

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We are currently looking into the server connection issue, I apologize for the inconvenience. In the mean time I have a few suggestions you can try to fix the issue:

Please try launching The Walking Dead again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You may want to try alternating between your Username and Email address. If you have played The Walking Dead Season 1 and are now trying to play Season 2, but your account fails to login, please select Sign Out, and log in again. If the game fails to authenticate, Exit the game and relaunch. You should now be able to connect without having to login.

Please also make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have any "!" or "&" or any other different characters, please change your password on our website, and you should then be able to then login to The Walking Dead.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

• When a company spends a lot of time vaguely teasing us about a game that we're extremely excited about only for us to not be able to play the game IN WHICH WE PAID FOR when it comes out.......I think we have a reason to be pissed off

All y'all are way too mad about this. Yes, it's frustrating and confusing that we can't jump right into the game. It's not fair to call this the worst launch ever. It's only been an hour!

• I dodged that one cause I read the reviews. I do remember Diablo 3 though.

I'd like to dispute that. Remember Sim City?

• Its working now yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!

• Yep. Same problem here as well.

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

I apologize for the delayed response. Just after we launched about a hour ago we discovered a server issue that prevented a small number of users from logging in. We have recently resolved this issue, so please try logging in again.

• edited December 2013

Still doesn't work for me. Whatever issue you think you resolved wasn't the one I'm having apparently.

• Still getting unable to connect error.

MattP posted: »

I apologize for the delayed response. Just after we launched about a hour ago we discovered a server issue that prevented a small number of users from logging in. We have recently resolved this issue, so please try logging in again.

• That happens if you include totally useless DRM in your release.

Shame on you Telltale. You were a modern innovative game producer, once.

• Sign Out? There is no 'Sign Out'! I have Season one through Steam and I logged in with no problems, didn't even have to enter anything, so I don't know what you're talking about

This discussion has been closed.