Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Batman

Comments

• What you say about John when he wants to become CEO comes back in the villian path.

• Are you sure that matters? I never realized that it changes any outcomes what bomb you went for first?

This, and I think you also have to go for the bomb that is closest to her instead of the bomb that is closest to Avesta.

• Gordon's attitude when talking to Batman at the start of episode 5 with a villainous Joker seems to be negative if Catwoman was warned about the GCPD and positive if she wasn't warned and this may also influence whether or not he starts to back out of his deal with Joker.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

You would be right about that. It makes sense when you think about it. The last time Gordon and Batman talked was when he told him about his plan to ambush Catwoman. Makes sense he'd still be a bit salty about it since they haven't talked since then.

And it does seem to play into his choice to betray you, but it's not the sole decider. I had him angry with me at the beginning of episode 5 in my villain playthrough, and he still backed out of the deal.

Gordon's attitude when talking to Batman at the start of episode 5 with a villainous Joker seems to be negative if Catwoman was warned about

• edited April 2018

You may remember that if John goes villain in episode 4 there's a choice to save a civilian, an agent or an officer. If you're Batman in this scene you can save two of them, if you're Bruce you can only save one.

Also how you betrayed John is mentioned in episode 5 in the beginning voicemail. He'll either say that you didn't believe him when he said he killed those agents in self defense or he'll say that you pretended to trust him and betrayed him on the bridge. Alfred's dialogue also changes when talking about John in the goodbye scene.

• edited April 2018

I went for the bomb closest to Avesta, but it was still Selina that came down to help me.

(Edited...thanks, @JmoooX ?)

This, and I think you also have to go for the bomb that is closest to her instead of the bomb that is closest to Avesta.

• Avesta has a bomb closet? Avesta=Talia theory confirmed ?!?

I went for the bomb closest to Avesta, but it was still Selina that came down to help me. (Edited...thanks, @JmoooX ?)

• If you say nothing to Gordon at the Ace Chemicals plant when he explaons himself. He get s sad and syas "Come on,say something....Please." Bear in mind he says this even if you're on bad terms with him/he betrays u willingly

JmoooX posted: »

Avesta has a bomb closet? Avesta=Talia theory confirmed ?!?

• In the villain route, Regina refers the Pact as whatever you claimed John and Harley to be.

• I don't know if it was posted here already, but if you listen to John right before he meets with Batman, you'll get the most hilarious dialogue ever. The credit goes to Reddit (no rhyme intended)

• edited April 2018

In the villain route of episode 5 in the scene where Harley tries to feed you the steak, John says "Come on, put your lips on it." which is a callback to episode 2 when Harley offers you her slushie and says the same thing.

EDIT: Sorry, that wasn't meant as a reply.

I don't know if it was posted here already, but if you listen to John right before he meets with Batman, you'll get the most hilarious dialogue ever. The credit goes to Reddit (no rhyme intended)

• I don't know this is a glitch or not but I think that if you invite Catwoman to the bat cave in episode 3 some things go missing from your collection past villains, including Lady Arkham's staff and Penguin's mask, anyone else notice this? I'd like to think this is Telltale yet again being sneaky and creative but feel free to reply if you've noticed this as well and if you haven't take a look in your Batcave, but keep in mind you would have had to let Catwoman in for this to occur!

• edited April 2018

I never invited Selina down there and Penguin’s mask and Lady Arkham’s staff still disappeared. It’s has nothing to do with Catwoman.

I don't know this is a glitch or not but I think that if you invite Catwoman to the bat cave in episode 3 some things go missing from your c

• Batcave in general is glitchy for some reason. If I remember right everyone has Penguins Robo-Fist no matter what.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I never invited Selina down there and Penguin’s mask and Lady Arkham’s staff still disappeared. It’s has nothing to do with Catwoman.

• edited April 2018

Sucks. I really wanted that monocle.

Poogers555 posted: »

Batcave in general is glitchy for some reason. If I remember right everyone has Penguins Robo-Fist no matter what.

• I believe Penguin's showcase shows exactly the opposite of what it should show instead. I got the monocle even though I should get the fist, since I went to stop Penguin at Wayne Enterprises.

Poogers555 posted: »

Batcave in general is glitchy for some reason. If I remember right everyone has Penguins Robo-Fist no matter what.

• I'm not sure if somebody mentioned it, but there is a big risk that Harvey Bullock dies in the villain path.
    He is probably one of the victims who are in the hospital after Joker and Harley blew it up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think the news at the Batcave said that he was in a different hospital that the one who got blown up.

19Street95 posted: »

I'm not sure if somebody mentioned it, but there is a big risk that Harvey Bullock dies in the villain path. He is probably one of the victims who are in the hospital after Joker and Harley blew it up.

• I may be reaching here, but I had a thought. In episode 5 of TEW when Bruce objects the idea that he's like his father, Alfred says "And yet history is repeating itself" this may somewhat refer to when Alfred tried to leave Thomas' employ. He says in season 1 that he had his suitcases ready and couldn't stand to be around Thomas anymore. And now in TEW Alfred had his suitcases ready and couldn't stand to be around Bruce anymore.

• edited April 2018

(during the Villain playthrough) When Joker asks if any of your time together was worth it, if you stay silent it counts as the "good" ending -- even though he still stabs you for a reminder and the choices screen says he was "displeased" with your silence -- as the after-credits scene has him putting a lipstick smile on the Bruce doll rather than burning it.
    [I gotta say I was displeased by that outcome. I want him to really hate me, but now I'd have to go through that agony to change the one choice]

• Does dialogue change in the credits

AChicken posted: »

(during the Villain playthrough) When Joker asks if any of your time together was worth it, if you stay silent it counts as the "good" endin

• Mind
    Blowing
    What a catch.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I may be reaching here, but I had a thought. In episode 5 of TEW when Bruce objects the idea that he's like his father, Alfred says "And yet

• Nope. It's the same dialogue as the normal scene.

Dan10 posted: »

Does dialogue change in the credits

• edited August 2018

Literally just found out that Jared Emerson-Johnson (Bay Area Sound) still uploads his original Telltale music to his soundcloud page. The most recent one is Batman: The Enemy Within in full. Just click on the thumbnail to get sent to the playlist.

• I really like that one but i prefer life is strange music even more

AChicken posted: »

Literally just found out that Jared Emerson-Johnson (Bay Area Sound) still uploads his original Telltale music to his soundcloud page. The most recent one is Batman: The Enemy Within in full. Just click on the thumbnail to get sent to the playlist.

• Need to see a vid of this

• Interesting bits about Mr. Freeze

Source

• More interesting stuff, this time about Nora:

Source

• Damn man, that could have been awesome. It seems that they wanted to do the whole "two different finales" things in the first season, and Penguin and Two Face could have actually managed to become much more important villains. It´s quite a shame that season 1 was created when Telltale still was overworked. I liked the game, but now it seems like it could have became something as good as the sequel.

PD: Also, Arkham NEEDED to be the main focus of episode 4. The idea of Bruce locked up in the asylum with all the main villains, was criminally underused. It looked more like he was a tourist on a tour rather than a inmate desperately trying to escape to save the city from falling in to chaos, wich is how things should have been done.

iFoRias posted: »

Some really interesting stuff from Season 1 http://kmudle.tumblr.com/post/181918466371/hey-kent-i-dont-know-how-much-you-know-of-or-if

• Can we get an F in the chat for all those Avesta shippers?

Source

• No, not really since there was never anything there ;)
    I know I said it so many times before but screw it I will say it again... there was never really a romance between Bruce and Avesta in the game. I never saw it and the developers never added it.

Pipas posted: »

Can we get an F in the chat for all those Avesta shippers? Source

• This would have resulted in a much better Season 1 in my opinion. Sounds amazing.

iFoRias posted: »

Some really interesting stuff from Season 1 http://kmudle.tumblr.com/post/181918466371/hey-kent-i-dont-know-how-much-you-know-of-or-if

• Batman: Enemy Within is the only Telltale Game to actually use mocap animation.

• Not saying that I'm Batman but no one's ever seen us both in a room at the same time.

• edited October 2019

Cut stuff from S2E3

Source

While I don't mind they left Deadshot out, because the season was cluttered with villains as it was, but the Freeze stuff actually does sound interesting. Oh well.

• Freeze just unfortunately seemed to get the short end of the stick in season 2.

Pipas posted: »

Cut stuff from S2E3 Source While I don't mind they left Deadshot out, because the season was cluttered with villains as it was, but the Freeze stuff actually does sound interesting. Oh well.

• edited November 2019

There is a clue to John's back history before Arkham - he said "You look familiar" to Avesta when he first meets her at the subway. Plus she said "He's a Person of Interest" marked by the Agency in Ep1.

I'm thinking that John is a human experiment gone awry by the Agency and Avesta knows something. Never ignore the clues John/Joker drops. He's an extraordinarily intelligent person.

• edited November 2019

The relationship arcs of John with Bruce and Selina with Bruce mirror one another.

• Season 1: Selina asks Bruce to meet her at the Stacked Deck where they first bond. Bruce meets Frank Dumfree (Tweedle Dum).
    • Season 2: John asks Bruce to meet him at the Stacked Deck where they first bond. Bruce meets Willy Deever (Tweedle Dee).

• Season 1: Selina used and betrayed Bruce for the phalanx key and left him heart-broken.

• Season 2: Bruce used and betrayed John to get into the Pact, leaving him heart-broken.

• Season 1: Selina said Bruce was a "job" to get the phalanx key (which she gives back). But she had developed feelings for him by Ep5 of the season.

• Season 2: John was a "job" to Bruce for getting into the Pact and cleaning up Sanctus for Waller & the Agency. But Bruce had developed feelings for him by Ep5 of the season.

• Season 2: There are choices for Bruce to be an awful & vengeful ex-lover of Selina. Similarly, choices lead to John being an awful & vengeful ex-lover of Bruce.

Skills of John and Selina mirror one another:

• Season 1: Selina breaks through Lucius Fox's security protocols to steal the Phalanx key.
    • Season 2: John breaks through Lucius Fox's security protocols to activate the EMP device.
    • Both John and Selina are expert thieves.
    • Both John and Selina are experts at evading capture.
    • Both John and Selina (determinant) are Agency persons of interest, but will eventually evade them.
    • John is in Arkham and Selina is in Agency custody (determinant) at the end of S2. But they are very likely to break out because of their top-notch skills mentioned above.

Villains when redeemed, can become powerful allies

• Rumi Mori is described as both a philanthropist and an international arms dealer. He has both good and bad sides. Give him a 2nd chance (escape from Waller), Bruce gains an ally and a valuable biotech company coveted by Riddler and (probably) the Agency.
    • Selina - she has a rich history in the comics and movies of being a powerful ally for Batman. Similarly, in the game, give her a 2nd chance and she becomes a powerful ally. Her cat-burglary skills are second to none.
    • Freeze - give him a 2nd chance (escape from Agency experiments) by lowering the temperature, and Batman gains another powerful ally and possible future hero.
    • Tiffany - give her a 2nd chance (mentor her) and she becomes Batman's tech-savvy ally and future Batgirl.
    • John - give him a 2nd chance at friendship and you will prevent thousands of deaths that a full villainous Joker will cause, plus gain a powerful ally with genius-level IQ.

Who is the real evil?

• Waller wanted the Virus to advance her career and manipulate people. The Pact wanted the Virus only to cure their own diseases.
    • The Agency created the super-villains who started the mess - Riddler and possibly John Doe.
    • Waller was ordered to destroy SANCTUS, but she kept it out of personal greed.

Who are you to judge?

• In Season 2, Bruce used and betrayed John, with devastating consequences. Does he still have the moral authority to judge others?

Keeping Gotham safe isn't about punishing criminals

• Redeeming criminals rather than straight-out punishing them, e.g. Catwoman, Freeze, Rumi Mori, Tiffany, or appealing to their good side, e.g. John, Harvey, can do much more to save lives and keep Gotham safe.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.