Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• You know strwar. I've been thinking that this could really be Talia Al Ghul. She infiltrated the agency to uncover Batman's identity because her father wanted to pair the two.

I really love this idea. I would hate for Telltale to treat Iman as a side character with little weight to the story.

I was sceptical at first but now I'm 100% on board for this ship.

strwar3 posted: »

That's great and I can't wait

• I definitely agree with you that Bruce deserves someone better.

I didn't like the way Selina treated Harvey in the first season, how she treated tried to steal from Bruce, and how she tried to downplay or minimize his feelings.

I'm still undecided on if she's actually working with the Pact or if she she's working with the Agency. But if she is working with the Pact and supporting what they're doing, she definitely deserves to be locked away the same as them.

Selina is rotten inside. She is working with criminals, murderers, psycopaths. How is she even considered worthy of someone like Bruce is be

• Yup. I do think Selina is probably playing both sides I mean I wouldn't know why and depending on how things go in next episode will probably effect a much greater decision. BTW Bruce does deserves someone better(Iman Avesta).

I definitely agree with you that Bruce deserves someone better. I didn't like the way Selina treated Harvey in the first season, how she

• Agreed. Crossing my fingers for a lot more Iman in episode three.

Yup. I do think Selina is probably playing both sides I mean I wouldn't know why and depending on how things go in next episode will probably effect a much greater decision. BTW Bruce does deserves someone better(Iman Avesta).

• I think Selina is being forced to be at The Pact's hideout because they could've probably found out Bruce Wayne had connections to Selina Kyle and that Selina was Catwoman. Waller probably decided that someone with her skills could make it easier to keep tabs on Bruce Wayne rather than trusting him. Maybe this can lead to some pretty dramatic moments between Bruce and Selina. Also Selina left Gotham for a year who is to say she wasn't pregnant with Bruce's child and left someone to take care of their baby. My Bruce wouldn't trust Iman Avesta because she was the one who told Waller about Bruce being Batman and probably would tell her about other secrets that Bruce has such as Alfred and Batcave.

Agreed. Crossing my fingers for a lot more Iman in episode three.

• It is possible that Selina is being forced to work with the Pact. That's definitely a possibility.

My Bruce didn't get intimate with Selina in season one (I only pursued that romance to a certain point), so she couldn't have been pregnant in my playthrough.

No children for Bruce in my game.

I think Selina is being forced to be at The Pact's hideout because they could've probably found out Bruce Wayne had connections to Selina Ky

• edited October 2017

Are you yacking my chain here? Also I don't think she is Talia Al Ghul. Btw if you are liking the ship then I approve

You know strwar. I've been thinking that this could really be Talia Al Ghul. She infiltrated the agency to uncover Batman's identity because

• Nah I doubt it is Talia Al Ghul. It is possible but very unlikely mostly because we have no proof that Batman was trained by the League of Shadows or League of Assassins. Remember Alfred never mentions that Bruce left Gotham for many years or anything just that he has been Batman for a short while.

Are you yacking my chain here? Also I don't think she is Talia Al Ghul. Btw if you are liking the ship then I approve

• Yup I highly doubt she is Talia All Ghul if she was? Then she would of stop Ridder by herself.Besides Iman shows more reliable with being a Agent than a Assassin from The League Of Shadows

Nah I doubt it is Talia Al Ghul. It is possible but very unlikely mostly because we have no proof that Batman was trained by the League of S

• I dismissed it earlier but getting dirt on people and blackmailing them fits Waller's MO. She could have two sets of eyes on the pact instead of one.

I would not rule that out.

I think Selina is being forced to be at The Pact's hideout because they could've probably found out Bruce Wayne had connections to Selina Ky

• edited October 2017

My Iman is deaf and wasn't even in episode 2. So much for that romance :joy: hope we see her in the future.

• I wouldn't put it past her. But even if Selina is working for Waller (maybe willingly, but most likely against her will), I'd only trust her so far.

I doubt she'll reveal our identity, but she might use that as leverage against us.

I dismissed it earlier but getting dirt on people and blackmailing them fits Waller's MO. She could have two sets of eyes on the pact instead of one. I would not rule that out.

• edited October 2017

If she does reveal who we are she knows she will be in a lot of trouble. I don't think it will go quite that far. I'm not sure how that would work out story wise. It would be the end of Batman as we know it.

No, I think both Bruce and Selina are playing both sides and if the two of them agree not to blow their cover it should be fine. This is how you set two people to work together in spite of their differences.
    That scenario would work well whether or not you parted with her on good or bad terms.

I won't trust her regardless. She is known for screwing over people whenever it's convenient for her to do so. I have no doubt she will throw us under the bus if she feels she has to.

Just like more and more people I'd love to see Bruce furthering his relationship with Iman Avesta.

I wouldn't put it past her. But even if Selina is working for Waller (maybe willingly, but most likely against her will), I'd only trust her so far. I doubt she'll reveal our identity, but she might use that as leverage against us.

• That's a bummer haha. But I read in a questions and answers with Telltale on Reddit that even if she is deaf, she'll "continue to be a relavent character." So I'm sure she'll be in more episodes to come.

• Yeah, I don't think she'll reveal it either, just think she might try to use it against us.

I agree. It's only a matter of time before she does what Selina wants to do and what's best for Selina, regardless of what's best for others.

I'm still angry with her that she was working with Lady Arkham and the Children of Arkham, helping them to acquire those chemicals.

She helped Batman and Bruce from time to time, but she's still made a lot of bad decisions.

I think she could be more, do more and be a better person. She simply decides not to.

Avesta, on the other hand, seems like a really stand up person. She put the other agent's lives before her own, helped Batman distract Riddler, and seems supportive of the good Batman does. I like her a lot.

If she does reveal who we are she knows she will be in a lot of trouble. I don't think it will go quite that far. I'm not sure how that woul

• Yeah, I was waiting to see her in ep 2 because I read about that too. And she's strong so I believe she can overcome pretty much anything. My Bruce had some feelings for Selina in Season 1, not after how it ended though, but they're in good terms. And I'm so not into Harley eventhough I like the character, but I love the best buddies thing with John. So I wouldn't mind to have one sane romance option, but I honestly have my doubts that will happen.. but at least we'll see more of her.

That's a bummer haha. But I read in a questions and answers with Telltale on Reddit that even if she is deaf, she'll "continue to be a relavent character." So I'm sure she'll be in more episodes to come.

• So a quick detail that I think any Bruce x Iman shippers will like: If you saved Iman over the agents than in episode 2 she'll appear in the bar as you're leaving with John and say "Buy me a drink, handsome?" just a bit of banter before giving Waller's orders.

• I can't see my Bruce being with Harley in this version either, so I agree with you.

Harley's one of my favorite DC characters, and sometimes I could see she and Batman being a thing, but not in this version.

But they've done a REALLY good job with her character. I'm enjoying the role reversals with she and John Doe.

lilsnek posted: »

Yeah, I was waiting to see her in ep 2 because I read about that too. And she's strong so I believe she can overcome pretty much anything. M

• Yea, I got that in my two save files.Both those two save files I saved Iman Avesta.

AgentZ46 posted: »

So a quick detail that I think any Bruce x Iman shippers will like: If you saved Iman over the agents than in episode 2 she'll appear in the

• I got it too. Blake died in my playthrough, but the second agent and Avesta made it.

Yea, I got that in my two save files.Both those two save files I saved Iman Avesta.

• I can't argue with any of that. Selina lost me when she was willing to load a train full of chemicals for her own selfish reasons.
    Blood would have been on her hands.

That and what she did to Harvey.

We parted on good terms because objectively she is indeed more than a souless thief but I won't let her get close. She is not worth it.

Yeah, I don't think she'll reveal it either, just think she might try to use it against us. I agree. It's only a matter of time before sh

• That was a really nice touch by Telltale. There is something about her voice as well, damn.

AgentZ46 posted: »

So a quick detail that I think any Bruce x Iman shippers will like: If you saved Iman over the agents than in episode 2 she'll appear in the

• A few days late in replying, and honestly it's hard to explain why I like Selina so much but I'll give it a shot. Telltale really made me invested in her in the first season and even after the events of episode 5, you can see there was some truth to what her and Bruce had, she admits that. I also believe the apartment scene in episode 3 is not a scam. Call me naive if you want, it's just my take on the episode. :)

Also, Avesta has done really nothing but annoy me so far in Season 2.

Mawrak posted: »

Why do people even like Selina? She is manipulative liar and a criminal. I saw right through her, but even if I didn't, her words and action

• Same here. Going to keep a safe distance between she and Bruce.

I can't argue with any of that. Selina lost me when she was willing to load a train full of chemicals for her own selfish reasons. Blood wo

• Yea Iman's voice actress is amazing.

That was a really nice touch by Telltale. There is something about her voice as well, damn.

• Mhmmmmmm. For sure.

That was a really nice touch by Telltale. There is something about her voice as well, damn.

• Oh yeah!!!

Mhmmmmmm. For sure.

• She's sort of all around perfect so far.

Oh yeah!!!

• Which will make romance soooo much more interesting

She's sort of all around perfect so far.

• I don't think my Bruce will be with Harley either. I mean she really is a good character,but I don't want a romance with her at all.

I can't see my Bruce being with Harley in this version either, so I agree with you. Harley's one of my favorite DC characters, and someti

• Me too

Same here. Going to keep a safe distance between she and Bruce.

• Well, I wonder how that will play out in your decision in first season. I didn't do that,but I still want Iman Avesta than Selina

I'm also really hoping that Avesta is an option, I think Selina is out of the question in my game considering I told her she was nothing but a thief in City of Light.

• Mmmh I wonder how the conversation between Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne will go down? (Depending on how if you made her deaf or not,well I didn't at all make her deaf)I can't wait to see how it will go. I do want the romance between them and I hope Telltale does it good,I mean I do think the saving Selina or Iman Avesta will effect that conversation into farther talk.

• edited October 2017

So,i'm think of Bruvesta has the romance name for this or(I think I saw it come EleanorBigly said it first)BatVesta either name works.

• edited October 2017

Here is what I found on Avesta :

"Ra's al Ghul:
    An amalgamation of Egyptian cult of death, and Zoroastrianism’s reduction of life/death into good/evil dichotomies, representing the historical plight and rebirths of spiritual Zionism.
    Exodus from Babylon births Israel – Linguistic play with the concept Gothic, where past and present converge (space/time implosion).
    Egyptian death cult, the “chosen” liberate themselves from, then lost in spiritual limbo (desert) for a period of time, then rejected and cast out from Babylon, Zoroastrianism and its binary spirituality – later to evolve into Islam via the chosen one’s linguistic inversions - cross contamination.
    The chosen projects their God, over Mazda, as God of gods – the nameless one – refusing salvation to all other tribes – Gotham is the place of no salvation, the desert of the real, the surreal to annul the real (hell on earth)."

"Avesta" is the scriptures of Zoroastrianism"

"The most important texts of the religion are those of the Avesta"

Definitely fascinating.

I guess I'm not the only poor soul linking Ra's Al Ghul with Iman Avesta :
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/BatmanTheTelltaleSeries

• edited October 2017

Holy Shit!! WOW Iman Avesta has Badass last name that has history within the name,Nice! Still i don't think she is Ra's Al Ghul Daughter. That's just my guess.Still I'm Investa With Avesta

Here is what I found on Avesta : "Ra's al Ghul: An amalgamation of Egyptian cult of death, and Zoroastrianism’s reduction of life/death

• "Investa with Avesta."

HAHA that cracked me up. I love it.

Holy Shit!! WOW Iman Avesta has Badass last name that has history within the name,Nice! Still i don't think she is Ra's Al Ghul Daughter. That's just my guess.Still I'm Investa With Avesta

• Lol I actually thought of it,first before anybody else did

"Investa with Avesta." HAHA that cracked me up. I love it.

• Iman Avesta is the only logical choice for me. She's the only one (other than Waller) that knows our secret. And I'm sure she's not even bothered by it.

• edited October 2017

Not sure why she would be bothered. She certainly did stumble upon it by chance, she probably was looking forward to know who was behind the mask.

Iman Avesta is the only logical choice for me. She's the only one (other than Waller) that knows our secret. And I'm sure she's not even bothered by it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.