Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• Can't say I'm very hopeful for more Avesta next episode.

• I hope so! She had very little screentime and it sucked that happened.

Can't say I'm very hopeful for more Avesta next episode.

• I was afraid that would happen, I understand that there are many characters and have a written script and the antagonists are above all, but I would have liked that Iman Avesta had more recording time in this 2 episode.

strwar3 posted: »

I hope so! She had very little screentime and it sucked that happened.

• edited November 2017

I hope that in these 3 - 4 episodes that remain to come out, Iman Avesta has a little more prominence and give us the possibility of having an romance with Iman.

• While I would love a sixth episode, I don't think that's happening.

I hope that in these 3 - 4 episodes that remain to come out, Iman Avesta has a little more prominence and give us the possibility of having an romance with Iman.

• Yeah, I would love it too,but it's not going to happen :(

ShampaFK posted: »

While I would love a sixth episode, I don't think that's happening.

• edited November 2017

It looked more like "hero worship" to me. Like she's infatuated with what Batman represents. The ideal, not Batman himself and most definitely not the man behind the mask. If anything she seemed to be suspicious and even somewhat antagonistic when she met Bruce.
    But feel free to interpret it as you wish. I just wanted to add my opinion.

It hopefully go towards potential romance between them.She does have infatuation towards Batman and Bruce is Batman so i think it's possible they will goes towards that.

• It could be that too. The "Hero Worship" has that effect on the City of Gotham and that plays into infatuation towards Batman,but I think the moment she found out who Batman was it played more into potential romance.

Iman Avesta perhaps have respect and admiration towards Bruce Wayne. Bruce and Iman have both a protective duty towards there jobs of protecting people. The more she study Batman the more she wanted to become something like that and love probably plays in the role in her job. I guess Batman is a ideal and symbol to help people and that inspires love and admiring his work. I think she wanted impression in the second episode cause she wants to help Bruce Wayne and play a part in helping her city.

You can understand that more from where I interpret it and the way I think could play out more in the next three episodes in this second season. I want to see potential romance cause it fits more into her character and how similar she is to Bruce Wayne when it comes to Batman.

It looked more like "hero worship" to me. Like she's infatuated with what Batman represents. The ideal, not Batman himself and most definit

• See I like Avesta as a character and a potential romance but due to the whole determinant her being deaf I think that sort of removes any possibility of Avesta and Bruce ever getting together however, I hope I am wrong because a lot of you want them to get together just like I want Bruce and Harley to get together. However, is Avesta any better than Harley because The Agency seems to be an antagonist just as much as Harley Quinn and her Pact although they might me more careful than The Pact but they both use people to get what they want.

• Not to sound too sjw, but I'm really disappointed in how Iman's determinate deaf status appears to withdraw her from being a romance possibility. It could be due to going to school with a pair of twin deaf girls through high school. I had the opportunity to learn through them the barrier they experienced that I hadn't thought about much until this game, and a few individuals would rather let people die than possibly date a deaf woman, even if she were only temporarily deaf. Heartbreaking really.

In any event, I'd love for it to turn out that TellTale went really expansive on the romance possibilities to tailor the game. I'm hoping that there are in depth romance options for Iman, Selena, and Harley. Selena is too popular to ignore, even if so over used it's just unappealing for me. I'm not seeing much potential to cover any new ground, but a lot of players won't have extensive comic lines to draw from on that. With Harley, she's a bundle of crazy, but can alter some dynamics in ways that are too tempting not to explore. It's like cranking a Jack in the Box. You know what you're in for, but you can't help turning that lever.

• Kent Mudle's comment in the Reddit AMA strongly suggests her condition is not permanent, and also hints at Iman being an important character. Remember that she can't die in the Riddler's trap no matter what the player does.

I still want to believe she is linked to Ra's Al Ghul somehow, her very name can't be a coincidence.

Poptarts posted: »

Not to sound too sjw, but I'm really disappointed in how Iman's determinate deaf status appears to withdraw her from being a romance possibi

• Iman Avesta may be the key to the development of a 3 season Batman. It may make you have a relationship with her this season and in season 3 be the main antagonist, all this after we have something serious with her. It would be a new experience and I like the idea, but it was only a hypothetical comment. o:) :/

• I hope that Iman Avesta has more interaction in this 3 episode than in the previous one, since we could not see anything new about her and I would like to continue seeing how her character develops, if possible the possibility of such a romance between Bruce and Iman. :)

• I really hope that she is not Talia Al Ghul because I do not want Bruce to have Damian in this series because he is by far my least liked Robin. Not that he is a bad character just that he is arrogant and always disobeys Batman's commands and wants to kill every villain he meets. If she is Talia that'll be a cool twist but than again we don't even know if this Bruce Wayne trained with the league of assassins and if Telltale wanted to show that he was it could possibly be a bonus sixth episode DLC leading up to Season 3. But yea still no references to Bruce being trained by them.

Kent Mudle's comment in the Reddit AMA strongly suggests her condition is not permanent, and also hints at Iman being an important character

• edited November 2017

In regards to Damian, all the traits you listed fit Jason as well. So he's not the only Robin who has those tendencies. =

I really hope that she is not Talia Al Ghul because I do not want Bruce to have Damian in this series because he is by far my least liked Ro

• It's also possible Telltale could do Talia without Damian, this is their take after all.

• edited November 2017

I think i understand that deaf part in the game @Poptarts i mean it's not that I think her being deaf isn't going to not be any potential romance with Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne. I think when the choice came up about saving the agents or iman. My brain was telling me to save her when it came to the choice. I don't think her being deaf means there won't be any romance. It's not sjw for you to say that. I think Telltale will still push the romance either way if she is deaf or not.

I like that Telltale would probably go more in depth with Iman, Selina,or Harley i mean i'm just more into a potential romance with Iman cause one, i already had a romance with Selina in the first season and I don't want that again and two, I like something different and I already explain many times about how Iman and Bruce have similar things in common and I just said the way I interpret it and I don't think her being deaf or not will not let that go away. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression of how I said it in the comments. I don't think I said I just want her not be deaf or only being that for a romance if I did I'm sorry @Poptarts

Still I do think choices of potential romances with(if you want Selina or Harley Quinn still)Iman Avesta,Selina,and Harley.

Poptarts posted: »

Not to sound too sjw, but I'm really disappointed in how Iman's determinate deaf status appears to withdraw her from being a romance possibi

• Yes I mean I like Jason because he becomes a villain and one that emotionally scars Batman because he took Jason in as an adopted son like he did Dick Grayson and having him feel like he failed Jason always hurts him and sometimes they do still work together when they have to. Damian is just arrogant and wants to prove he is better than Batman even though he is not because he is young, hot headed, and selfish. Also I agree that TellTale could do Talia without Damian.

AnimalBoy posted: »

In regards to Damian, all the traits you listed fit Jason as well. So he's not the only Robin who has those tendencies. =

• We will have to wait until episode 3 to know where the character of avesta is going and see if telltale gives us more interaction with her. I see that the romance of Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne, although I like the idea of this romance, I see it quite far. It's something I'd like to see happen. :( :/

I think i understand that deaf part in the game @Poptarts i mean it's not that I think her being deaf isn't going to not be any potential ro

• I do not want a romance with Harley, I do not want an affair with Selina, I just want a romance with Iman Avesta. I want that romance with her since she appeared in the 2 season and I've been waiting since then to @Telltale to do something about it and give us '' moments '' like those of selina in the 1st season with Iman, just to be able to know her more and see if there is any chance of romance with her.

• Me too. We all want a romance and moments with Iman Avesta. Telltale pls give it to us. We want this romance cause how the character is seen by us and how much we care about the character. I hope they give it to us. Yeah @Cris-Tortosa I saw her and I was like "I want that potential romance with her". I see it how you see it

I do not want a romance with Harley, I do not want an affair with Selina, I just want a romance with Iman Avesta. I want that romance with h

• You are either trolling or overcomplicating things. Iman as Talia? Really? Even if Telltale will make her a love interest for Bruce, I am sure that was not their original intention. Some of you have to understand that not all of the female characters exist on the story to be romanced by the main character. That's not their purpose. It surely isn't in Iman's case. Romance must have a purpose in the story. In season 1 romance with Selina caused Harvey go nuts. In season 2 I think same thing could happen with Harley and John. But romance with Iman has no purpose to the plot, so it is likely it won't happen

• I'm not the first one to think of her in those terms :smile: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/BatmanTheTelltaleSeries
    As I said, the name definitely hints at something. But maybe that's just me.

I'm not banking on this of course, but it's fun to speculate.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

You are either trolling or overcomplicating things. Iman as Talia? Really? Even if Telltale will make her a love interest for Bruce, I am su

• I'm not big on the Iman as Talia theory, but it has been around awhile. I don't subscribe to the every female character existing to be a romantic conquest either ( although this is Batman, and in the Bat-verse the writers have made a romance from every female character with the exception I believe of Nora Frost ).

The Harley romance is recycling Selena's romance from S1. ( Of which I'm really not a fan of, recycling is great for the environment, not so great for stories having just wrapped that up. I've cut it a lot of slack mostly because I think it works better in this story, and it shouldn't have been used with Harley/Selena. It didn't fit well. )

An Iman relationship has a lot of plot potential, some of which has been mentioned previously, mostly connecting to the Agency. There's not much the writer's couldn't do with it. It could be the means by which Harley ultimately discovers Bruce has been playing double agent, and push Harley Quinn to a jealous rage with cruelty on the levels we've come to expect from Joker.

It could be the temptation to sway a loyal fanbase away from Gordon and to the Agency, or develop her character as someone who is loyal to the agency in discovering the barbaric nature of the beast she works for. Honestly, it's the number of things that can be done with purpose to the current plot and future plots that make it so much more interesting. Perhaps the most intriguing aspect is that Iman Avesta doesn't have the perceived plot armor of being a Bat-Verse main character like Selena or Harley, so it places the stakes higher when threats arrive.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

You are either trolling or overcomplicating things. Iman as Talia? Really? Even if Telltale will make her a love interest for Bruce, I am su

• I want it from the beginning, I do not want any more.

Me too. We all want a romance and moments with Iman Avesta. Telltale pls give it to us. We want this romance cause how the character is seen

• Me too in the beginning of the Season 2.

I want it from the beginning, I do not want any more.

• The more I think about it, the more I'm on board. Selina could just walk out any second, why not have someone that appreciates Batman.

• edited November 2017

Man, I wonder how long they are going to drag out the release of these episodes... and how the shake up (lay offs) is going to affect the development of this game. I want to find out what they are going to do in episode three. How are we going to interact with Cats? I wanted a reconciliation scene with Tiffany... that didn't happen, but needs to.
    Edit: I also want to be able to interact with Avesta. I'd be fine if they made her a friend for this season and then allowed for something to happen in season three... but now who knows if we are even going to get a season three...

• Yeah i hope the layoffs doesn't drag out the episodes releasing.but,i don't want Avesta to be a friend in this season 2 but,a romance potential and perhaps leading to more of her character in Season 3. I think there will be a Season 3 cause this season is good and it probably have a other season after it.

I have enjoyed it so far and the first season was good and nobody expected a second season of Batman.so it's possible. BTW i'm sure Telltale will do something with Avesta's character with a potential romance with Bruce Wayne. I mean you @ShampaFK might want a friendship with her(which could lead to a romance with her in Season 3 maybe in your case)but I don't know if I want that with character. I enjoy the idea of a potential romance with character and the second option of being her friend could lead that too.

I think it's more possible that a potential romance with Avesta and Bruce will happen. Some people including me want it more cause it matches her character and the character from the points i have made and others that interpret that the way we see it.

ShampaFK posted: »

Man, I wonder how long they are going to drag out the release of these episodes... and how the shake up (lay offs) is going to affect the de

• So Telltale just released episode 3's description of what we might expect in it,but I saw this line on the description. "Bruce must balance romantic entanglements with his mission to infiltrate the Pact." Please let there be Avesta and Bruce potential romance in this episode. I hope it does.

• As hopeful as I would be, that sounds like those who have flirted up with Harley and Selena are going to have an interesting time. It does make me wonder how they'll spin it for those of us who haven't romanced either of them.

So Telltale just released episode 3's description of what we might expect in it,but I saw this line on the description. "Bruce must balance

• You are getting really desperate now.

So Telltale just released episode 3's description of what we might expect in it,but I saw this line on the description. "Bruce must balance

• Oh come onnnnn. Telltale did the episode 3 description and I think it's possible we might get a Avesta and Bruce potential romance.

You are getting really desperate now.

• edited November 2017

Look, I know that you're like, really looking forward to it, but...

In the last two episodes, did Bruce have any "romantic entanglements" with Avesta?
    Compared with say, Selina in the last season, or Harley in this season?

Avesta had barely any screentime in the second episode, and in the first episode we only saw her when she was

1. discussing criminals with batman (very romantic)
    2. discussing john doe (even more romantic)
    3. saving her as batman (romance confirmed)

Please don't get too excited. Even if it does happen, it's more likely to be a side-romance, kinda like Rhyiona was. (and even that was extremely bare)

Oh come onnnnn. Telltale did the episode 3 description and I think it's possible we might get a Avesta and Bruce potential romance.

• edited November 2017

Yeah she could be side-romance and I don't have a problem with that at all. I think Avesta will have some screen time this episode and the other two as well. Knowing Bruce is going to have to choose siding with the Agency about Selina or not.

Avesta had barely any screentime in the second episode, and in the first episode we only saw her when she was discussing criminals with batman (very romantic)discussing john doe (even more romantic)saving her as batman (romance confirmed)

Those things aren't the ones I was talking about and having screentime will show things other than that.I think we have wait and see and there are ways to interpret it.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Look, I know that you're like, really looking forward to it, but... In the last two episodes, did Bruce have any "romantic entanglements"

• we are many who want the option of romance between Iman AVESTA and Bruce, we could do something about it so that @telltale do something and give us the option, we could write a tweet to @telltale and retweet it around the world so that @telltale I see it

• It's not something Telltale can do on a whim. What is done is done.

Besides, I really dislike creators having to cater too much to their "fans". They have a story to tell, I want to hear it.

we are many who want the option of romance between Iman AVESTA and Bruce, we could do something about it so that @telltale do something and

• Yeah we want a option on this.

we are many who want the option of romance between Iman AVESTA and Bruce, we could do something about it so that @telltale do something and

• True,but we are a community and Telltale listens to it's people within the community and that's where they get material cause they listen to what we want. It's just something that I think that will help the story.

It's not something Telltale can do on a whim. What is done is done. Besides, I really dislike creators having to cater too much to their "fans". They have a story to tell, I want to hear it.

• Allow me to completely disagree. A very tiny minoriy is not going to do much at all.

It strikes me as entitlement more than anything. They don't owe you or anybody else to give in to whatever demands.

It's time to get over the fact that, in all likelyhood, romance options will not include Avesta. It's that simple.

True,but we are a community and Telltale listens to it's people within the community and that's where they get material cause they listen to what we want. It's just something that I think that will help the story.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.