Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• edited October 2017

How about you worry about your own obsessive romance wishes and not question people who want Harley and Bruce.

Well, it is true. At the end of the day, we shouldn't take this too seriously.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions.

• I told you umpteen times already. Nothing happens just like that, there are usually clues that make certain character behaviors plausible.

I don't see those clues. Nothing leads me to believe she will be anything more than an ally, but Telltale has usually a few tricks up their sleeves. I'm not going to bet anything on it, but I really love the theory that Iman is somehow connected to the League of Shadows. There are dots to be connected between Ra's Al Ghul and zoroastrianism for instance.

It's going to be really fun to go back to those threads once the story is complete.

strwar3 posted: »

Yeah it is fun to speculate and I assume it will happen. I don't think she will just be a ally,but by your side cause she wants to impress h

• OK,but that's your opinion just like I had my opinion.We already are in the second episode of Season 2 and there's only three episodes left.So there's many things like clues to happen and maybe you will change your opinion once the clues are there.
    BruceBrothers saif

but Telltale has usually a few tricks up their sleeves.

Yes they do and those tricks could be clues to a potential romance between Bruce and Iman. It could happen and we will speculate until we get those things and clues in these three episodes.

I told you umpteen times already. Nothing happens just like that, there are usually clues that make certain character behaviors plausible.

• So, let me ask bluntly : what "clues" have you seen that might indicate a "romance" between Avesta and Wayne ?

I have seen none. Usually Telltale are not very subtle about those things, as I said earlier in the thread they have very early on paired Bruce and Selina.

OK,but that's your opinion just like I had my opinion.We already are in the second episode of Season 2 and there's only three episodes left.

• Let me put like this. I have feeling that they won't just put us with just Selina and I don't everyone will be up in arms to see that again especially me too. I am not really up for it and I don't want that again.

There will be clues like what I said before there are only three episodes left. Anything could happen in those three episodes and clues will probably be presented in those episodes.

So, let me ask bluntly : what "clues" have you seen that might indicate a "romance" between Avesta and Wayne ? I have seen none. Usually

• I hope for your sake Telltale have something planned then. Because the way I see it, well it's ain't gonna happen.

Don't worry, the Bruce-Selina is not forced.

Let me put like this. I have feeling that they won't just put us with just Selina and I don't everyone will be up in arms to see that again

• edited October 2017

I have feeling they always have things planned before making episodes after all they do take feedback from the batman forums and I think they will take some from this discussion too.
    BruceBrothers

Don't worry, the Bruce-Selina is not forced.

I never said it was forced. I just don't to continue with a romance that after episode 5 with Selina.I stayed has friends and that's just it. I really don't continue with the same old romance. I want something new just like what people want with that supposedly Harley Quinn relationship with Bruce.

• Huh, the major parts of the script are usually set in stone ages before a game comes out. I don't think they will change it even slightly to accomodate a very tiny minority of users.
    You are kidding yourself if you think they will suddenly inject a Iman-Bruce romance if it never was planned to begin with.

In my opinion you clearly are in complete denial.

• I think when they are designing episodes with script from SOME feedback(majority like only few discussions of the topic)like this topic of would there a potential romance between Iman and Bruce. I think sometimes they do that. Let's say like this? Say if Telltale was a sort episode of like Season 2 The Wolf Among Us(like right now they doing this) and they are getting questions from people who want it to be more interesting and romance,action and hubs(which is what I want).

They look at that feedback and make the assumption of whether or not to put that in the Season 2 of that game. This is how they make a good season. They take feedback and they put in the episode. I have feeling I am not in denial.

Huh, the major parts of the script are usually set in stone ages before a game comes out. I don't think they will change it even slightly to

• No, taking some amount of feedback is okay but this is their game, their vision. They don't owe us anything.

And please don't try to insinuate this is a big deal either way, they obviously have a story set long ago. There is not much they can change now, and I don't want them to.

Let's see what they have in store for us.

• BruceBrothers

Let's see what they have in store for us.

Yeah I think they know what they doing. I just have feeling there going to be potential romance between and just speculation and who knows it probably happen.

No, taking some amount of feedback is okay but this is their game, their vision. They don't owe us anything. And please don't try to insi

• I still feel like there's potential for a romance option between Avesta and Wayne, and it's actually in the way they've written the character with almost an infatuation with Batman. It's far more subtle than John Doe's infatuation with Bruce Wayne ( John Doe is more likely to become a Notice Me Senpai style of relationship ). Whether or not Telltale decides to allow things to develop on the same levels as they are and have allowed to be pursed with CatWoman and Harley Quinn remains to be seen. I'd absolutely love them for it -- something with more substance and a slower build. Each to their own though -- some people just want the option to wake up beside every chick in the game.

• I also really don't understand the attraction to Harley - because for me it is more than just physical. I mean, I sort of get finding the unexpected/spontaneity fun and attractive but so much about her - from her voice, to the whole little girl thing she sometimes does, to her very questionable morals - leave me very cold to her. Plus, and I realize how classist this sounds of me, but I hate how white trash she sounds when she talks. She sounds very uneducated for someone with a PhD.

Is it kinda interesting? I mean you make her sound creepy but she isn't at all. She investigated and found out who Batman was. She isn't goi

• edited October 2017

Couldn't agree more. I guess bad girls aren't the type I see Bruce with.
    I get the fun to experiment and see where this goes though, I'll probably try it in one of my saves. Again, I want to know just how much this can turn John Doe into the arch nemesis he is bound to become. It's fascinating to me to think that Bruce Wayne could be very influential in "creating" Joker.

But for my "real Batman/Bruce Wayne" playthrough I won't go anywhere near that far. I picture Batman falling for a really morally upstanding character. A true equal, not someone identical by any stretch but a woman who shares his beliefs, his values.
    Budget "bad girlzz" wannabes like Catwoman or Harley are not worthy of his time.

• Yup her infatuation for Batman who she found out who was Bruce Wayne. Shows how much she believes and loves the symbol of Batman that Bruce Wayne made and trys to do for Gotham.

It's kinda like how she knows that Batman inspires people like her and believes Batman is the light of the end of the dark tunnel for her city she was born in. That kinda love comes from believing and trusting someone who brings a form of justice to Gotham and that kinda makes a potential romance option. I think Telltale should do it and make it look like that and her opening g up more about herself and impression she wants from him. I mean I think Waller knows Iman Avesta has a crush on Batman(which she knows is Bruce Wayne who she now probably has love for to).

I have a second feeling Waller will use that to her advantage without letting Iman know about it. I mean she wants to a partnership with Bruce Wayne/Batman by any means necessary.

Poptarts posted: »

I still feel like there's potential for a romance option between Avesta and Wayne, and it's actually in the way they've written the characte

• What "infatuation" are you talking about ? Saying she's honored to meet Batman should be interpreted as anything more than that. Waller claimed Avesta did everything she could to earn his respect, hum, so ? Is that supposed to help your case at all ?

You are right about one thing though : Waller could very well use her as a leverage to make us behave.

• It is infatuation @BruceBrothers wanting respect and want also to get Bruce Wayne impression of her especially(and i saw this is a different play through of episode 2) when she is deaf(i didn't make her deaf at all)her partner says he will tell Avesta that Bruce Wayne/Batman ask about her.

I think it does help my case and especially @Poptarts case too. Also I think shed will definitely use Avesta and the case of potential romance with her has leverage. Because if you remember Suicide Squad.The Enchantress took over the female miner(I'm sure that's not the position or job name and my bad for messing it up,sorry) the soldier feel in love with her and Waller used that to her advantage. I think that's what is going to happen and Avesta won't know about it.

What "infatuation" are you talking about ? Saying she's honored to meet Batman should be interpreted as anything more than that. Waller clai

• It's not a stretch to say that she has an admiration of Batman in that short exchange of saying she's honored to meet him, and later on in wanting to impress him. This doesn't necessarily imply anything deeper unless the writers wish to take it in that direction, an infatuation by it's very nature is typically short-lived.

I truly do hope that they take it that direction however, as there are far too many possibilities as to how it can add to the story. I do believe that more than Batman's identity, having a person as leverage is far more effective. It would be a bit of a retreat of Season One's Alfred as leverage situation -- but it has enough variation that it wouldn't feel like we're going over the same territory again. Mostly, like a lot of people, I'm hoping that Bruce Wayne's dating pool isn't extracted solely from the villain gallery. It's just been done too many times, in so many different ways.

What "infatuation" are you talking about ? Saying she's honored to meet Batman should be interpreted as anything more than that. Waller clai

• To be clear : I'm 100% in favor of that romance and I hope it happens so it can bring more joy in Bruce's life. It's truly a natural fit for me, I'm saddened she is probably going to be shafted in favor of Catwoman but what can you do.

It's not a stretch to say that she has an admiration of Batman in that short exchange of saying she's honored to meet him, and later on in w

• edited October 2017

So,you ARE in favor of the romance then? BTW I don't think she will shafted to make way for Catwoman. I'm just tired of it and understand some ppl want Catwoman still,but just ppl who want a Harley Quinn romance with Bruce Wayne doesn't mean we will not a romance potential with Iman Avesta.

• Well, that's why I hope that Telltale takes that direction towards that especially with the leverage part too.I didn't understand the Alfred leverage from S1.I did reveal my identity to save him,but it seem not enough tricky or villianly enough for me to take in.

Waller isn't a villain.She just is cold-hearted and sometimes doesn't value her agents that much from movie Suicide Squad that is. In this one I think she will use Iman Avesta Infatuation and love for Batman/Bruce Wayne to get to him and Iman won't even notice Waller doing this. I have feeling that is a direction they can take Iman and Bruce potential romance into.

It will be something new in leverage and more interesting in a way.Lol yeah @Poptarts I don't want a villianly romance like Hadley Quinn or Catwoman(who is just a Anti-Hero by the way). I want more of this kind of romance if Telltale goes along with it. PLS Telltale!!!

It's not a stretch to say that she has an admiration of Batman in that short exchange of saying she's honored to meet him, and later on in w

• I've never been against it, at all. I'm extremely pessimistic that is all.

So,you ARE in favor of the romance then? BTW I don't think she will shafted to make way for Catwoman. I'm just tired of it and understand so

• pessimistic? You think something bad will happen to her? I hope not! She is favorite character even though she hasn't a lot so far. But,Telltale said they are going to do more with character.

I've never been against it, at all. I'm extremely pessimistic that is all.

• Maybe Iman Avesta is the continuation to a 3 season of Batman

• I was hoping to see something of this '' supposed romance '' in this episode 2, but telltale has not shown anything and as much as I like that romance, I think telltale is not going to include it

• telltale said they were going to do something with the character of Iman Avesta?

pessimistic? You think something bad will happen to her? I hope not! She is favorite character even though she hasn't a lot so far. But,Telltale said they are going to do more with character.

• They said in a questions and answers on Reddit that "she would continue to be a relevant character" or something like that. But they didn't specify how she'd continue to be relevant.

telltale said they were going to do something with the character of Iman Avesta?

• Yeah they say that. Iman Avesta will continue to be relevant character. But @Cris-Tortosa I think that Telltale just wants us to be surprised. I have feeling they are to do romance at some point in this season 2 and I wouldn't put it past them.

BTW I love this potential romance option to happen and Telltale maybe hasn't said anything,but doesn't mean they won't do it. I mean remember in S1 of Batman? They didn't give us any hints of(other than teasers but they don't do teasers anymore ?) of Salina romance in that. So,they are probably doing it.

They said in a questions and answers on Reddit that "she would continue to be a relevant character" or something like that. But they didn't specify how she'd continue to be relevant.

• Turns out in Episode 2, Avesta knew Bruce was Batman all along! I'd like to see where that goes now!

• It hopefully go towards potential romance between them.She does have infatuation towards Batman and Bruce is Batman so i think it's possible they will goes towards that.

gamertale posted: »

Turns out in Episode 2, Avesta knew Bruce was Batman all along! I'd like to see where that goes now!

• I'm afraid Catwoman will rob her of much of her screentime.

I agree

• That's my fear as well -- that there are so many characters in this season, it has the potential to rob a lot of personal relationships of screentime. ( Thank you Telltale for giving me anxiety about having too much of a good thing lol. There are so many different relationships a ton of people want deeply explored -- not all of which are romantic interests -- we're all getting very worried whether or not there will be enough time. )

I'm afraid Catwoman will rob her of much of her screentime.

• edited October 2017

Take solace in the fact that there is nothing any of us can do about it. It all comes down to what Telltale writers priorise.

That's why I've never been optimistic the Bruce-Iman arc would go anywhere. Telltale have been on the batcat ship since day one.

I'm beyond tired of Catwoman but what can you do.

That's my fear as well -- that there are so many characters in this season, it has the potential to rob a lot of personal relationships of s

• Me too!

gamertale posted: »

Turns out in Episode 2, Avesta knew Bruce was Batman all along! I'd like to see where that goes now!

• I like the relationship Bruce could have with Waller - a strong woman with her own way of viewing the world. She could make for an interesting friend for Bruce to have - and one we never have to worry about being a romantic interest of Bruce's, I don't think. She just doesn't seem to be his type...

That's my fear as well -- that there are so many characters in this season, it has the potential to rob a lot of personal relationships of s

• ¡¡We want relationship between Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne!! Please telltale. o:) o:) :'(

• Avesta is Talia surely. But yes I think they will have some kind of romance

• Yup we all want it badly! Please Telltale!!

¡¡We want relationship between Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne!! Please telltale.

• ??? Telltale, please... ?

Yup we all want it badly! Please Telltale!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.