Will Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne have some potential romance? (Plot discussion thread)

Comments

• I don't think she stumbled upon it by chance. She said she has a board with all the villains on it, and Bruce was at the centre of it all. I'm pretty sure she knew Bruce wasn't a villain, considering she grew up in Gotham. Then she psycho-analysed both Bruce/Batman and came to the conclusion that they're both the same person.

Not sure why she would be bothered. She certainly did stumble upon it by chance, she probably was looking forward to know who was behind the mask.

• Sorry, I meant to say she did not stumble upon it by chance. She wanted to know who he was.

I'm not sure what the writers are going to do with this character. She is, at least for now, positioned as an ally. But who knows what happens next.

I don't think she stumbled upon it by chance. She said she has a board with all the villains on it, and Bruce was at the centre of it all. I

• Don't forget about Selina, who just returned

Iman Avesta is the only logical choice for me. She's the only one (other than Waller) that knows our secret. And I'm sure she's not even bothered by it.

• Actually in episode 2 if you ask waller does Iman know, she will tell you that Iman is the one who told her in the first place.

MrJava posted: »

No , she wasnt. Waller found it regardless in every Batman version. Also, if she knew, she would have called him Bruce aftermath of the Riddler situation. Also Blake called hiö Batman as well.

• You didnt check the post date, do you ?

AmerHST posted: »

Actually in episode 2 if you ask waller does Iman know, she will tell you that Iman is the one who told her in the first place.

• We haven't. Some of us just don't like the moral ambiguity which comes with her, or her baggage. Unless proven otherwise, Avesta seems like the obvious choice for Bruce.

Don't forget about Selina, who just returned

• Let's not hope that she's Talia Al Ghul. I mean they already did this kind of reveal in S1.

Here is what I found on Avesta : "Ra's al Ghul: An amalgamation of Egyptian cult of death, and Zoroastrianism’s reduction of life/death

• Truth right there. Right now the odds are firmly pitted against her as far as romance is concerned but who knows where Telltale writers will go with her character.

ShampaFK posted: »

We haven't. Some of us just don't like the moral ambiguity which comes with her, or her baggage. Unless proven otherwise, Avesta seems like the obvious choice for Bruce.

• I think some might want Selina romance to continue(not me I'm done with her),but others like me don't really want that and Avesta has always been a obvious and interesting choice for Bruce Wayne. BTW Selina always seems to want to steal from people like Bruce Wayne and she will always try to use people to get want she wants.

I don't want that romance at all with Selina.

ShampaFK posted: »

We haven't. Some of us just don't like the moral ambiguity which comes with her, or her baggage. Unless proven otherwise, Avesta seems like the obvious choice for Bruce.

• After what she did to Harvey I'd rather not and I don't like Avesta either.

• Why don't you not like Avesta? I think she is interesting and a huge potential romance and obvious choice for Bruce Wayne.

Dan10 posted: »

After what she did to Harvey I'd rather not and I don't like Avesta either.

• Number one she's prying way too much into Batman. Insinuating Batman likes dealing with crazies and criminals.
    Number two She's prying into Bruce too. Insinuating he's a crime lord.
    Finally she's the one who told Waller Batman's identity so basically she's the reason we're wrapped up in this Waller/Gordon dynamic.

Stay deaf.

strwar3 posted: »

Why don't you not like Avesta? I think she is interesting and a huge potential romance and obvious choice for Bruce Wayne.

• OK,First iman Avesta has a crush on Batman/Bruce Wayne cause she wanted to see him and she wanted impress him(cause she does have a crush on him) that is also related to number two too.

Thirdly Waller wants to have a partnership with Batman/Bruce Wayne and wants to work with him and that means she is in conflict with Gordon over that.

Lastly like I said she wanted to know more about Bruce Wayne and I think there's going to be more of that conversation when we speak to her about it. Which makes the potentially of the romance between Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne in these three last episodes.

Number one she's prying way too much into Batman. Insinuating Batman likes dealing with crazies and criminals. Number two She's prying int

• Sure Waller wants a partnership and that already came in conflict with Gordon....but still leaking the identity will only cause more problems for Batman and everyone else.

Stay deaf.

OK,First iman Avesta has a crush on Batman/Bruce Wayne cause she wanted to see him and she wanted impress him(cause she does have a crush on

• Well the thing is that i never made her Deaf and I'm glad I didn’t.BTW potentially with her and Bruce is possible and maybe you don't know much about her so far. I think she will tell us more about herself.

Sure Waller wants a partnership and that already came in conflict with Gordon....but still leaking the identity will only cause more problems for Batman and everyone else. Stay deaf.

• edited October 2017

She seems nice and was willing to put herself on the line for her friends but I feel like there is something more to her. Maybe it's nothing but after Vicki who knows.

• I think you are going to be very disappointed. I get no romance vibes from her at all.

Well the thing is that i never made her Deaf and I'm glad I didn’t.BTW potentially with her and Bruce is possible and maybe you don't know much about her so far. I think she will tell us more about herself.

• I don't think so,I have feeling Iman Avesta and Bruce will have potential romance. I think Telltale will definitely give us that option.

I think you are going to be very disappointed. I get no romance vibes from her at all.

• Yea,just like Bruce Wayne.She and him put themselves on the line for there friends. That's why I didn't make her deaf and potentially will happen based on conversation and probably talk about what she sees in him/Batman(cause she has a crush on him being Batman and wanted to impress him).

Zjaa6 posted: »

She seems nice and was willing to put herself on the line for her friends but I feel like there is something more to her. Maybe it's nothing but after Vicki who knows.

• edited October 2017

She's deaf in my game, I just couldn't let the agents die. It will be interesting to see what happens with her now.

Yea,just like Bruce Wayne.She and him put themselves on the line for there friends. That's why I didn't make her deaf and potentially will h

• Agent Avesta = Talia al Ghul

You heard it here first, folks.

• I don't know about that. I don't think we have seen any kinda hints so far and i think Talia Al Ghul will be in Season 3 not Season 2(so far what we have seen).But,would you be down with the romance if (and that's BIG if)that is true? I'm still think potential with Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne and I don't think Talia Al Ghul knew who Batman is

Agent Avesta = Talia al Ghul You heard it here first, folks.

• I mainly say that because there is s2 concept art of League of Assassins killers, leading me to think they are already involved somehow without us seeing it.

To answer your question, I would totally take that romance, especially if Avesta isnt all she seems to be. The twist would make her seem even more capable and mysterious, plus iirc Ras al Ghul wants Bruce and Talia to marry in the other universes. I think it could present a very interesting dynamic between the three of them.

Also I'm no expert on Batman lore, but doesn't Talia discover Batman's identity on a few occasions?

I don't know about that. I don't think we have seen any kinda hints so far and i think Talia Al Ghul will be in Season 3 not Season 2(so far

• Yeah, she does.

I mainly say that because there is s2 concept art of League of Assassins killers, leading me to think they are already involved somehow with

• Well,maybe the League Of Shadows is involve in this season 2 I guess since there is concept art of them.But,I think so far we haven't any evidence of Talia Al Ghul being Iman Avesta or hints of it suggesting that. I didn't know Ra's Al Ghul wanted Talia and Bruce to get married.

I didn't know that and it would be interesting. But,I don't think she is Iman Avesta,maybe she could be,but so far no evidence maybe in the third episode or Fourth episode? Like,I said I still would want Bruce have a romance Iman Avesta(or if she is Talia Al Ghul)than Selina.

I mainly say that because there is s2 concept art of League of Assassins killers, leading me to think they are already involved somehow with

• edited October 2017

I would be SO down with that. Talia Al Ghul being sent to infiltrate the Agency by her father, with the ultimate goal to uncover Batman's identity and recruit him.

But I would not bet anything of value on it, seems far-fetched even to me.

Avesta and Bruce have barely interacted at all, there is zero chemistry between the two of them. It's pretty clear to me that the writers do not ship them the same way they ship Batman/Catwoman.

I reckon she will retain her spot as the major romance option this season, the only one Bruce can truly love. In the codex Bruce openly expresses his interest to resume his love story with her.
    Avesta for now is positioned as an ally nothing beyond that.

• edited October 2017

So,you would be down with Talia Al Ghul(if she is Iman Avesta)being a romance option for Bruce Wayne,but not Avesta(if she isn't Talia Al Ghul)?Really? I don't think so far from your point of view.You think interacted at all,but like I said they interacted a little bit in episode 2 and I think they will interact more in episode 3.

I have seen some interaction even if it's a little,but more of that will happen in next episode.There will be chemistry between them they are both Gotham-born and they both put there lives on the line for people they care about and she has crush on Batman/Bruce Wayne cause two things she wanted to see her hometown hero and second she wanted to impress him. There will be chemistry between them cause Telltale makes Chemistry look good and potentially a romance will happen between them.

Perhaps you may not see it yet,but it's probably gonna happen and I don't what a Selina romance option in this season.I already had a romance with her in the first season and I don't want that.

Iman Avesta will be a Ally,but also more than that

I would be SO down with that. Talia Al Ghul being sent to infiltrate the Agency by her father, with the ultimate goal to uncover Batman's id

• edited October 2017

We are going in circles here.

No, Iman Avesta is not shown to have any sort of affection for Bruce Wayne, she is said to admire Batman. Right.
    If you can't see for yourself just how differently the interactions between the two of them have been set up I can't do it for you. You could tell right away in S01 that the writers wanted to pair Bruce and Selina, I'm not seeing anything remotely comparable in this case.

Now, I'm speculating just as much as you do. I have not read the script, I don't know what the writers intend to do with those characters but thus far they have avoided inserting any personnal business between Bruce and Avesta.

Wanting to impress someone does not imply attraction. She wants his respect, she got it.

I can tell you are heavily invested in this but thus far the Bruce/Iman ship has no sails, no captain, no crew, no rudder, no course. It's not going anywhere. The only thing sustaining it is your unwavering faith, but in my opinion it is based on no tangible signs. Just pure wish.

The reason I would like this ludicrous theory to come true is because it would give the character a lot more weight, and I would love to see what Telltale could do with this conflict inherent to Talia, torn between her loyalty to her father and her genuine love for Bruce.
    As you know I'm beyond tired of Catwoman as the sole romantic interest. In fact I'm almost surprised Telltale are even willing to go with her after how she acted all throughout season one.

Her display during episode 5 has been utterly pathetic, stabbing someone in the back like that....This is moral event horizon, no going back from this as far as romance is concerned.

It's insane to me how Telltale could imagine a character like Bruce Wayne would even settle for Selina when there could be so much better options around, surely Telltale writers are actually capable of creating a true equal to Bruce, he deserves so much better than Selina.

So,you would be down with Talia Al Ghul(if she is Iman Avesta)being a romance option for Bruce Wayne,but not Avesta(if she isn't Talia Al Gh

• Ok,but I'm speculating too just like you and you don't if the Romance between Bruce and Iman will or will not happen. Maybe wanting to impress someone like Bruce/Batman leads to a potential romance or maybe having a conversation will lead towards it. You don't know and I don't know.But,it's possible and we are just speculating,right now and I can just say this ship will have crew,captain,sails and rudder and a course.

Maybe she could be Talia Al Ghul or maybe she isn't we don't know.But,if she isn't? That doesn't mean she can't be romance option for Bruce Wayne and I REALLY don't Telltale to push Selina has the ONLY romance option. I won't like it and I will push her away if it happens. It will be weird cause I think I had already had a romance with her in S1 and I don't want it anymore.

We are going in circles here. No, Iman Avesta is not shown to have any sort of affection for Bruce Wayne, she is said to admire Batman. R

• Maybe it will set up for Season 3 with her and Ras. I feel like this season's plot is going to revolve around John Doe.

• That is a possibility and this season is about more than John Doe! It involves Waller,Gordon,Avesta,Selina,and Bruce Wayne.

Maybe it will set up for Season 3 with her and Ras. I feel like this season's plot is going to revolve around John Doe.

• edited October 2017

Oh no doubt, another reason why I don't think we'll see league of assassins this season, there is already so much happening maybe we'll get teased about it though.

That is a possibility and this season is about more than John Doe! It involves Waller,Gordon,Avesta,Selina,and Bruce Wayne.

• Yup

Oh no doubt, another reason why I don't think we'll see league of assassins this season, there is already so much happening maybe we'll get teased about it though.

• edited October 2017

I wonder if how many people will go with Iman and Bruce potential romance? I have feeling some people with Selina romance in some way and some other people with go with Harley and Bruce romance(like why?). I think there will percentage based on choice for it. Just like there was a choice on if we spend a night with Selina in S1.

• edited October 2017

So you ask why anyone would want a Harley/Bruce romance. How about you worry about your own obsessive romance wishes and not question people who want Harley and Bruce.

TellTale games aren't dating sims or BioWare games where the game is going to give you multiple choices for romances and you refuse to listen to anyone who doesn't see anything between Bruce and Avesta. This thread has become a joke at this point.

• I can only agree. It's fun to speculate and to imagine but at some point you have to realize this is just not going to happen, at best she'll remain an ally. At worst Telltale will turn into a villain not unlike what happened to Vicki Vale.

AnimalBoy posted: »

So you ask why anyone would want a Harley/Bruce romance. How about you worry about your own obsessive romance wishes and not question people

• edited October 2017

I for one am kind of creeped out she found out Bruce is Batman. I left no indication to her that Bruce was Batman and I do not like her digging around. Now Bruce is stuck with Waller.

• Yeah it is fun to speculate and I assume it will happen. I don't think she will just be a ally,but by your side cause she wants to impress him more. Also @BruceBrothers I don't why you think she will just be a Ally? I have feeling that will happen,but Telltale wouldn't let be just that. She could potential romance for Bruce and help out more maybe in a future season 3.

I can only agree. It's fun to speculate and to imagine but at some point you have to realize this is just not going to happen, at best she'll remain an ally. At worst Telltale will turn into a villain not unlike what happened to Vicki Vale.

• Is it kinda interesting? I mean you make her sound creepy but she isn't at all. She investigated and found out who Batman was. She isn't going crazy like school girl who sees there favorite hero. I mean she did want to impress him.But,doesn't look like she wanted more than just impression from him?

We are speculating here theater or not there will be potential romance between them.

I for one am kind of creeped out she found out Bruce is Batman. I left no indication to her that Bruce was Batman and I do not like her digging around. Now Bruce is stuck with Waller.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.