The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Thank you Davies and admin boss V! You guys are my friends , amongst others here! I always liked you both. Good to hear from both of you!
  • edited September 2011
    6167825186_0ca3e0cf16_b.jpg

6167832166_cba17603ae_z.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    Harry Potter:

2hmhw8k.png
  • edited September 2011
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ah.....thanks for sharing.
  • edited September 2011
    Phineas and Ferb:

ng6e1l.png

dw98hc.png
  • edited September 2011
    Supmandude, your MSPaint drawings never cease to ammuse the hell out of me.
  • edited September 2011
    Phineas and Ferb:

ng6e1l.png

dw98hc.png

roflbot-ZfY6_2_.jpg?1273974755
  • edited September 2011
    I'm back! And today's my birthday, so I treated myself to some painting time. And this came out:

img0780xt.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    Nice Work, Divisionten!
  • edited September 2011
    That's a cool subject Divi. I just started painting I'd like to get into those sort of subjects later on in life.
  • edited September 2011
    It's from Hellboy, by the way. I just like the two page comic Pancakes (when Hellboy is a kid) and wanted to make something where he was in the presence of a mass amount of sweets. I'm particularly fond of the two donuts on his horn.
  • edited September 2011
    For my first piece I give to you Darkwing Duck.
    It was a really really boring day at work.

This is no way freestyle, I had the image no bigger than 100 x 100 pixels on my mobile phone and drew after it. And only drew it bigger my self.
    The top of the hat got messed up, so I left that out. (Will teach me to use a pencil next time)

Took the picture with my phone, but it still looks ok. :)

darkwingduckp.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    Ohhh you beat me to it. Let's get....I don't like you...Nice drawing.
  • edited September 2011
    Some crap I've been working on for a while now (and am procrastinating on this very moment) for an expecting friend of mine. :I

Obvs there's still a lot of things I need to do, like color in the bows and horns and blend/fix some of the shadows and lights. (the white beams are just placeholders for now) I've toyed around with the lighting a lot yet it still looks off to me but maybe I just need to color in everything first before deciding what to do. Also the picture is crap quality here because I forgot SAI hates jpgs and wants me to save as png forever.

Case in point, THIS PICTURE CAUSES ME MISERY AND I WANTED TO RANT.
  • edited September 2011
    Awesome computer cell drawing, if we call it that. Awesome work.
  • edited September 2011
    bang_by_strongbrush1-d4b810x.png

I did this when I got bored.
  • edited September 2011
    Attachment not found.

This is what I do when I'm supposed to be taking notes in class.
  • edited September 2011
    Attachment not found.

This is what I do when I'm supposed to be taking notes in class.

Is that the clown-dog from the Steven King adapted TV film; IT?!
  • edited September 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Is that the clown-dog from the Steven King adapted TV film; IT?!

No. It's a doodle.

I don't really know how to draw, so whenever something that vaguely looks like what I was attempting pops out, I take it. Though, I was more going for jackal here.
  • edited September 2011
    Dracula:
    x3bc54.jpg

Blacula:
    2ilh9vp.jpg

A guy who doesn't believe in Dracula or Blacula, looking at Dracula and Blacula:2u95z0z.png
  • edited October 2011
    Working on a new animated short! More details on http://imajunationblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-kid-announcement.html

AnnouncementPoster.png
  • edited October 2011
    Is the new kid the one on the right?

...it's confusing, man! Draw some arrows!

:p
  • edited October 2011
    Junaid wrote: »
    Working on a new animated short! More details on http://imajunationblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-kid-announcement.html

AnnouncementPoster.png

Is this going to be a retread of Invader Zim?
  • edited October 2011
    Oh no, not at all. It's about a swampmonster who wants to fit in at school. The other kids bully him around and at one point the monster loses it.

The main theme for this one is bullying
  • edited October 2011
    happy_mocchi_by_remolay-d4cmrtl.jpg

Mocchi! Mocchi!
  • edited October 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    happy_mocchi_by_remolay-d4cmrtl.jpg

Mocchi! Mocchi!

LOVED. THAT. CARTOON!!!

Monster Rancher 4 Life

hi.five.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    RetroVortex, as you know Monster Rancher, I award you all of my internets. All of them.
  • edited October 2011
    Here is something for the Germans: http://youtu.be/0-RbTuZXa4I
  • edited October 2011
    6xw7ba.png

kd9z7b.png
  • edited October 2011
    Character based (very) loosely on Elaine Marley...
    travelling_by_leonieisaacs-d4ditlj.png
  • edited October 2011
    booyahoverlords5.png
    So, this is a comic idea I've been thinking about. It's called Booyah Overlords.

So, there are these college kids, right? And they signed up for this experiment, see? But then, they found out that the teacher who was conducting it was actually an alien, and that he gave them super-powers and revealed that the Earth is actually secretly ruled by these evil aliens who are planning to feed the world to a giant robot spaceship. So, anyway, the college kids then decided that in order to save the Earth, they have to conquer it.

I got the idea from when my friends and I were in college, and we signed up for this experiment. But then, we found out that the teacher who was conducting it was actually an alien, and that he gave us super-powers and revealed that the Earth is actually secretly ruled by these evil aliens who are planning to feed the world to a giant robot spaceship. So, anyway, we then decided that in order to save the Earth, we have to conquer it. Also, this was definitely real, and not a drug trip.
  • edited October 2011
    tredlow wrote: »
    booyahoverlords5.png
    So, this is a comic idea I've been thinking about. It's called Booyah Overlords.

So, there are these college kids, right? And they signed up for this experiment, see? But then, they found out that the teacher who was conducting it was actually an alien, and that he gave them super-powers and revealed that the Earth is actually secretly ruled by these evil aliens who are planning to feed the world to a giant robot spaceship. So, anyway, the college kids then decided that in order to save the Earth, they have to conquer it.

I got the idea from when my friends and I were in college, and we signed up for this experiment. But then, we found out that the teacher who was conducting it was actually an alien, and that he gave us super-powers and revealed that the Earth is actually secretly ruled by these evil aliens who are planning to feed the world to a giant robot spaceship. So, anyway, we then decided that in order to save the Earth, we have to conquer it. Also, this was definitely real, and not a drug trip.

That idea is pretty darn awesome.
    (The drawing is excellent too. Has a nice style)

I personally had an awesome idea for a comic/manga ages ago.

To sum it up: it was basically a comic/manga (I'd prefer it in manga form, though it could work as a comic too), following a average teen.
    But like many of my favourite manga's this teen is in a very unusual situation.

You see he has been charged with taking care of his best friend, who is the most powerful entity in the known universe!

Though reluctant to have such responsibility he's pretty much the only person who can get through to this guy, as his "friend" is probably the most childish and illogical being in the universe as well.

The main first story ark would basically explain the background to each character, and a few stories covering the crazy stuff that happens each day.
    The main plot, would basically involve the idea that the "friend", (I haven't thought up names yet. Still very rough), is rapidly losing control over his powers.
    You see the power-limiting bracelets that he wears were only designed to handle the power he had as a child.
    They have been malfunctioning more frequently over his early teen years, (it explains why he's so crazy. Since he has to concentrate very, very hard on containing his energy, he has little brain left for anything else), to the point that the universe was almost destroyed.

So the two have to find the elusive race of aliens that created such advanced technology, and get them to repair and upgrade the device, (else it may break entirely and the whole of reality will collapse under such monumentous power).

Which is much harder than anticipated, since after an intergalactic disagreement, the race decided to sever their ties with The Council, and return to an unknown area of space.

They have clues, they have obstacles, and they are running out if time.
    And even if they find them, they have no garuntees.

Pretty strange, huh? :D
    (But the idea is mostly there, the details just need to be all written down and properly fleshed out)

Bleh... I wish I could draw... :/
  • edited October 2011
    tredlow wrote: »

I'd read it.
  • edited October 2011
    booyahoverlords5.png
  • edited October 2011
    @Tredlow: I think I may have said this before. If not then I was thinking it at least. I really love your style of art.
  • edited November 2011
    Just a little pic to bump this thread up.

strongbrush_by_strongbrush1-d4fr084.png

Hey Cheri, guess what: You're not the only one here can draw ponies!
  • edited November 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    @Tredlow: I think I may have said this before. If not then I was thinking it at least. I really love your style of art.

Thanks! Though I really should improve my background art. I really suck at drawing perspectives.

Anyway, here's some stuff from my sketchbook.
    gooz2.png
    gooz2.png
  • edited November 2011
    Tredlow, your rough sketches are awesome! Post some more! I do think the character looks a bit too much like a certain earthworm though

The last 4 weeks I've been working for a music video for Dutch artist Guus Meeuwis and rapper Gers Pardoel.
    http://youtu.be/AcpicphRd_Q
    People who know stuff about animation know that 4 weeks isn't really long for a 4 minute animation ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Junaid wrote: »
    Tredlow, your rough sketches are awesome! Post some more! I do think the character looks a bit too much like a certain earthworm though

Ooh, yeah. He started off as an attempt to draw Earthworm Jim, but halfway, I decided to do something else. But, yeah, EWJ definitely inspired it.

Here's a page of an early attempt to draw a comic. I didn't really have a story in mind, so I just started drawing whatever.

unledpage1.png

And, since my handwriting sucks, here's what they're saying:
    PANEL 1
    Gooz: Okay, now we need to go twelve paces to the south of the big rock.
    Glob: Gooz, that's a cliff.
    PANEL 2
    Gooz: That's what the map says: "Go twelve paces south of the big rock"
    PANEL 3
    Glob: Yeah? well, I'll bet in Map School, that map was in a special needs class, if you know what I mean!
    PANEL 4
    Gooz: Dammit! We got screwed again!
    Glob: I told you; when a monkey starts handing out maps to ancient treasures, you're allowed to be suspicious.
    PANEL 5
    Gooz: Come on, pal. Let's go to The Silver Wombat and get some of Pete's famous anti-depressants...
    Glob: You mean his nachos?
    Gooz: Yes.
    Voice: Help...
    PANEL 6
    Gooz: WAIT, did you hear that, Glob?!
    Glob: What? What?! I heard nothing!
    PANEL 7
    Gooz: Sorry, pal. I forgot that an adventurer's ear is more advanced than an ordinary one!
    Glob: Gooz, you have no ears.
    Voice: Help me...
    Gooz: Sir, are you alright?

It was sort of a fantasy comic. I was high on Bone and Discworld while drawing it, I guess, and the dialogues are kinda Sam and Max-ish.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.