• edited May 2011
    Some new preview shots:

Preview.png
  • edited May 2011
    Love it! :D
  • edited May 2011
    jumping_by_ginny_n-d3g2ibv.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    woah! it has been a long time since I've been on this forum, so when I saw the KQ thread, I got all excited thinking TellTale was actually going to make a new installment! x3
    aah! If only!
    King's Quest VII was the first game I got to play on PC back in the mid ninetees :p the first thing I saw was Valanice strolling through the desert (and ripping a piece of pettycoat). So fan-art of this scene is in order! xD

val2.jpg

Great to see so many KQ fans out here! ^__^/ bless!

x yoshi
  • edited May 2011
    Oh! Christus!! they ARE making a new King's Quest?!! *_____*

AHHH!!! <3<3

( excuse my ignorance :p )
  • edited May 2011
    Yes. They are. That's why it has its own subforum.
  • edited May 2011
    yoshiwam wrote: »
    Oh! Christus!! they ARE making a new King's Quest?!! *_____*

AHHH!!! <3<3

( excuse my ignorance :p )

Yes now get busy making more art.... Yoshiwam... and do not disappear anymore.
  • edited May 2011
    heehee! I stand corrected! x3
    I am so thrilled to hear about this!! ^___^/ nyoo! incredible!

as for the fan-art, here is another piece. It's another picture of Valanice, and that annoying chicken that keeps yelling "The Sky is falling!!" in KQVII.

BE AWARE: the pic is cheesy on multiple levels, especially Valanice acting like the wise-ass she is :p

cheese.jpg
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    King's Quest VII was the first game I got to play on PC back in the mid ninetees :p the first thing I saw was Valanice strolling through the desert (and ripping a piece of pettycoat). So fan-art of this scene is in order! xD

Haha, the desert man in the background is a great touch. Your stuff has such a lovely cheeky humour.
  • edited May 2011
    like :)

"GREEN CHEESE? THAT WAS THE MOON! THE SKY IS FALLING!"
  • edited May 2011
    I second the love for these pictures. Fun! :)
  • edited May 2011
    ted.png

A doodle of Ted from I have no mouth and I must scream
  • edited May 2011
    Uh, a quick question to you guys with a tablet, how do I activate pen pressure in Photoshop? .__.;

Really nice pics btw guys.
  • edited May 2011
    Woah! There's a lot of awesome stuff on this thread! ^ o ^

I made a 3D game for a game-engine programming course, where I made 2D sprites for the characters and items and stuff ( in paper mario stylo ~ ). Thought it was cute enough to put in this thread :p

prinsessassins.png
  • edited May 2011
    Junaid, your work is pretty sweet!

I recently had to do a story illustration project for my class, but I feel like the story was stronger than the drawings themselves... Probably on account of the fact that I rushed them so much and wasn't comfortable with what I was doing. Regardless, I am interested in combining stories with artwork. (Note: in the first one, I drew in the phone cord after I scanned it... it's there!)

Project43-MonicaMatus.jpg
    Project41-MonicaMatus.jpg

Some of my first pastel studies.

2PastelConstance-MonicaMatus.jpgPastelmale-MonicaMatus.jpg

Aaaand a personal piece done in colored pencil.

sc00306c1e.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    I had to use a tablet again, this time play with planes and brush styles. This is what I did:

escape_from_zero_two_by_vikugx-d3gi348.jpg

Anyone remembers Kirby 64?
  • edited May 2011
    A WIP of a gift I'm whipping up for someone.

th_sisters.png
    Click to enlarge yo'
  • edited May 2011
    heehee, I'm glad you like it!

here is another drawing I made of KQVII, but this time I drew Rosella. I made this drawing for the same deck of cards as the first image posted in this thread (the king Graham card). KQ represent, yo!! <3

card2-1.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    0114101427.jpg

Bookmark that I made for a friend awhile ago but just got around to getting the picture off of my camera. Enjoy.
  • edited May 2011
    I'm quite pleased with this one, so I thought I'd show it here. :)

2dpgye.jpg

It's a background from Nightmare Before Christmas. I wanted to do fan art of it and still have plans to add Jack Skellington into it as well.
  • edited June 2011
    Ahhh! You guys, post more artwork!
    Here's the poster for the film I just graduated for:

Poster_LowRes.png
  • edited June 2011
    ...and to tell you the truth, I'm battling with the very same problem. There's such a beautiful project lying before me, but I'm just too darn lazy.

Gotta get over this. You too, doodo.

Have not gotten over it yet myself, :D
  • edited July 2011
    Don't die on me GENERAL ART THREAD!

dwarf_ii_by_klatuu_vii-d3lc5fo.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Now I'm a doodler, and am especially terrible at drawing people, but I think this picture isn't so bad:

2gwxn28.jpg

Its a quick doodle of a videogame idea I've had in my head for a while.

Basically the game is a mixture of a Diablo (go around adventuring and killing monsters and collecting loot), and a business sim like Captialism.
    So its a idea like Recettear, but on a more marco level.

Basically the plot is that you play an executive who is a descendant of a legendary hero/business man who started the business you direct.
    Unfortunately you are falsely accused of dark practices and are expelled by the corrupt board of directors.
    You find out that they are working with a mysterious rich man who is trying to buy the company from you, (which is what you were trying to prevent).
    You now have 30 days to try to raise enough gold to prevent the bid and frocibly buy back the family business.
    You start with a generous savings (though you wasted a lot of your money on booze and expensive dinner), so manage to secure a local adventuring business within the city of Entreprenaria.
  • edited July 2011
    SISBIGCANVAS.png

Just something~
  • edited July 2011
    I can't let this thread die, so here is a short story I wrote:

Day broke over the city. The sky was a golden shade of yellow, and the streets were empty. The scene wass picturesque and all was tranquil. Suddenly, the silence was broken. Shots rang out over the hill. A mysterious man in a leather jacket and a gleaming pair of aviators ran down the street. He didn't stop and didn't look back. He knew that if he stopped for one second, he would surely perish.

The man's hair, long and dark, flowed in the wind like a flag. A flag that would soon be at half-mast if he didn't keep running. His heart was beating heavily and his muscled were so strained that he felt like they could tear apart his already-shredded blue jeans. He saw a car behind him, out of the corner of his eye, an unmarked black van driven by a man in a black suit and eye-masking sunglasses.

"There are hundreds of them," he thought, "and they're all coming for me. But why? What have I done?" Nevertheless, shots rang out, constantly getting louder behind him. One of the shots struck the target. It clipped his shoulder, leaving a trail of ruby-shaded blood. He clenched his teeth in pain, but he kept running.

He knew he couldn't run forever, so he ran as fast as he could in an attempt to shake them off. He ducked into an alley, where he thought it would be safe. He was wrong. Before he knew it was a dead end, he was surrounded. The men in the black suits crowded him and soon, he realized that running wasn't going to solve anything. He knew it was no use talking. There was no way that a thousand agents with the orders "shoot to kill" would even let him speak.

He held his hands up in the air, as if to surrender. The men in black lowered their arms. Just as he had hoped. He put his arms out to the side. Just then the agents realized something was wrong. The man groaned in pain, and started to tremble. The seams on his jacket began to tear apart, and The jacket was then torn off to reveal the man's true nature.

He stood tall, majestic like an eagle. He had sprouted wings, like that of an angel. The men in black panicked and drew their firearms, but it was too late. In one single leap, the man had soared up into the air, far out of range. By the time they had radioed for backup the man was far away. They thought to follow the man's trail of blood. The only problem was that his wound had healed over.

The man was proud that he had gotten away with nothing but a scratch. As he soared through the air, he breathed a sigh. "The fools," the man thought, with a grin on his face. "They do not realize that the reason they chase me is the reason I cannot be caught."

What do you think? Leave me some feedback, please.
  • edited July 2011
    @Falanca:
    haha! She strikes one kick-ass pose! :D
    awesome character ^__^/ and cute outfit, too! :3
  • edited July 2011
    I was thinking of making a game using AGS. I've only started using it, though, so I'm still learning. Anyway, I drew this first background on MS Paint;
    prototypescreen.png

The guy in the middle is supposed to be the main character.
  • edited July 2011
    @Falanca:
    haha! She strikes one kick-ass pose! :D
    awesome character ^__^/ and cute outfit, too! :3

Thanks a lot! Yeah, she's all diva 8D
  • edited July 2011
    @Tredlow: I got to say, I love your art style. I loved it in that Comic thing in the forum games too. Do you have a DeviantArt I can watch?
  • edited July 2011
    tredlow wrote: »
    I was thinking of making a game using AGS. I've only started using it, though, so I'm still learning. Anyway, I drew this first background on MS Paint;
    prototypescreen.png

The guy in the middle is supposed to be the main character.

My advice: You have to give it a go.

Your style is simple, yet very bold and incredibly attractive.
    I'd love to see an adventure game in your style. :D

(also reminds me that I need to force myself to work on my ideas as well...)
  • edited July 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    @Tredlow: I got to say, I love your art style. I loved it in that Comic thing in the forum games too. Do you have a DeviantArt I can watch?

I have one, but I never updated it, sorry.
  • edited August 2011
    Get me 20 CCs of General Art, STAT!

ranger_by_klatuu_vii-d42pxrx.jpg

Based on "Ranger" from Matt Dixon's "The Fantasy Artist's Figure Drawing Bible"
  • edited September 2011
    Post more of your art in the General Art Thread or Creepy Little Girl will haunt you in your sleep.

__the_barber__s_daughter___by_klatuu_vii-d49v9iz.jpg

(Based on "The Barber's Daughter", from Glenn Fabry's "Anatomy for Fantasy Artists".)
  • edited September 2011
    Joey Mallone from The Blackwell Deception (which released a free new demo yesterday, *cough*blatant promotion*cough*)

joeyexpressions.gif
  • edited September 2011
    Can't decide if I'm done yet, help? Painting nakid chicks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6hyQ_puITc
  • edited September 2011
    You can see it better here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKScSwBWUyg
  • edited September 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    You can see it better here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKScSwBWUyg

Your painting looks really cool Doodo, nice one. :D

However, I feel I must say that you're every bit as strange on camera as you are when typing. You had me in stitches with laughter and I mean that in the nicest possible way; I like strangeness. Would you consider uploading some more videos of yourself? It would make for some fantastic entertainment.

Seriously, I hope you don't take offense at that... I'm a very strange fellow myself.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Drawing the female nude with the necessary artist's detachment and calm... well... at least I concede it's hard. :D
  • edited September 2011
    Drawing the female nude with the necessary artist's detachment and calm... well... at least I concede it's hard. :D

That's what she said!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.