The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Well, this took me less time than I thought. These are all of my favorite, easy-to-draw characters. Hence the large number of animated characters. :D

Attachment not found.
  • edited July 2010
    The Doctor, Max, Guybrush, L, ?, ?, ? (possibly Crono), Edward Elric, Manny, Bender
  • edited July 2010
    Not Crono. But good job on all the others. :D
  • edited July 2010
    Is the 7th one from Yu Yu Hakusho?
  • edited July 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Is the 7th one from Yu Yu Hakusho?

Yep. I'm pleased that at least one person recognized it. It is a rather old anime. Half a gold star for you! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Aww, I almost said Hiei, but I hadn't seen Yu Yu in so long I wasn't sure. I coulda had a whole star!
  • edited July 2010
    The bottom left is that doctor dude from soul eater.
  • edited July 2010
    Yep. I'm pleased that at least one person recognized it. It is a rather old anime. Half a gold star for you! :D

Haven't seen the anime, but I'm a Hunter x Hunter fan (the manga, not the anime) so I checked out Togashi's previous work.
  • edited July 2010
    Aww, I almost said Hiei, but I hadn't seen Yu Yu in so long I wasn't sure. I coulda had a whole star!

You can still have the other half of Avistew's for the name, though! :D
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    The bottom left is that doctor dude from soul eater.

Yup. You can have three quarters of a gold star for that one. :D

Yay! I'm pleased that people are recognizing what I've drawn. Just saying, whoever guesses the last one on the top row will get two gold stars because it's sort of obscure.
  • edited July 2010
    So, so far you've got:

2. Snape (from Harry Potter)
    5. Vivi (from FF9)
    8. Wally (from Dilbert)

I thought I drew Snape terribly, I'm really glad someone recognized him!
    Number 4 looks like he's a Franquin character, but I don't think it's either Spirou or Fantasio...
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry. I couldn't resist.

7d8aefff595f10e85b749ff03b976024.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    2. Sonic, 3- NiGHTS (Or at least it's from NiGHTS), 4-Paparapa, 5- Goemon!, 6- Sam and Max!, 8- Strong Bad, 9- Homer, and the rest no idea.
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    2. Sonic, 3- NiGHTS (Or at least it's from NiGHTS), 4-Paparapa, 5- Goemon!, 6- Sam and Max!, 8- Strong Bad, 9- Homer, and the rest no idea.

Aw nice one! LOL, my one is a bit too easy I guess!

You guessed Goemon right... but who the other guy with him? X3

Other guys still need to be guessed!
  • edited July 2010
    You guessed Goemon right... but who the other guy with him? X3

Is he called Sasuke by any chance?
  • edited July 2010
    7. Either one of those minions from Doctor Who: Smith and Jones, A Kamen Rider, or a Power ranger

10. an ace attorney parody from VG Cats?
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Is he called Sasuke by any chance?

Yes! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    7. Either one of those minions from Doctor Who: Smith and Jones, A Kamen Rider, or a Power ranger

10. an ace attorney parody from VG Cats?

Nope and nope.
  • edited July 2010
    7 is the stig.
  • edited July 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    Number 4 looks like he's a Franquin character, but I don't think it's either Spirou or Fantasio...

Actually, it IS Fantasio.
  • edited July 2010
    I wanted to play so here is mine:

dxfsya.jpg

I used references for a few, I hope that's not cheating too much. I really need to get more practise drawing... panal 4 especially went a bit downhill...

@Hayley: That is great! I love use of the coloured background. I didn't find it too easy as I only recognised 5 of them.
  • edited July 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I used references for a few, I hope that's not cheating too much.

I used references for like, all of mine.
    And I can recognise them all except for the car, but I haven't seen Cars. Good job!
  • edited July 2010
    @Jeeno, Lemonhead, Manny, the Fire form from Ben10, Sam, Trogdor, Hidden people, One of the Pit crew from cars, Eve-A, Mike from Monsters inc., Tarzan
  • edited July 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    7 is the stig.

Awesome. They're nearly all guessed!
  • edited July 2010
    @Jeeno, Lemonhead, Manny, the Fire form from Ben10, Sam, Trogdor, Hidden people, One of the Pit crew from cars, Eve-A, Mike from Monsters inc., Tarzan

Correct! Just for reference - the fire form from Ben10 is called Heatblast, and the car is Guido. A smiley face for Remolay and Avistew! :):)
  • edited July 2010
    Haley, is the last one a cat from that comic with cats who are killers, and one of them (not the one you drew, mind you) is from western Europe of something? And the one you drew is like anal or something? I remember him being annoying about symmetry with a guy they were about to kill.
    Can't think of the name.
  • edited July 2010
    I have no idea what Haley's last panel could be. The only thing I can think of is something to do with Top Cat, and I'm fairly sure that's not right.
  • edited July 2010
    Haley, is the last one a cat from that comic with cats who are killers, and one of them (not the one you drew, mind you) is from western Europe of something? And the one you drew is like anal or something? I remember him being annoying about symmetry with a guy they were about to kill.
    Can't think of the name.

You have it! I'd write the name of the character now but I don't know how to use spoiler tags...

One left to guess!
  • edited July 2010
    You have it! I'd write the name of the character now but I don't know how to use spoiler tags...

One left to guess!

Yay! And it's
    at the start, then [*/spoiler] at the end, but without the *
  • edited July 2010
    Just saying, whoever guesses the last one on the top row will get two gold stars because it's sort of obscure.

I haven't seen the anime, but is it from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
  • edited July 2010
    I haven't seen the anime, but is it from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan

Nope, but I am about to see that anime. :D

I'll give a hint: it's a character from a book, not an anime. Also, it may help to pretend that his suit is gold colored. I tried to insinuate this with the radiating lines.:D
  • edited July 2010
    Nope, but I am about to see that anime. :D

I'll give a hint: it's a character from a book, not an anime. Also, it may help to pretend that his suit is gold colored. I tried to insinuate this with the radiating lines.:D

Moist Von Lipwig. Best character in the series too.
  • edited July 2010
    There is a hint to the first character of mine in my pictures. As in, I made a plush of that character.
  • edited July 2010
    Moist Von Lipwig. Best character in the series too.

Two gold stars for you! And half a silver star for agreeing with my opinion of Moist. :D
  • edited July 2010
    Moist Von Lipwig is brilliant :D
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Moist is pretty high up there, but he will never replace Vimes in my heart.
  • edited July 2010
    I started with Going Postal, so I'm exactly opposite. I love Vimes, but he can never replace Moist. He can arrest him though. :p
  • edited July 2010
    I never got why everyone I know who loves Discworld says Vimes is the best, although I do like him. Then again I haven't read Night Watch, and I hear he's at his best in Night Watch.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Ah, yeah, Night Watch would be pretty important. Not to completely derail the thread, but I started reading the Discworld books in the order they were written. I guess Vimes and the first Night Watch books were the ones where I felt his writing style really started to solidify and come together into something a bit deeper. So in a way, Vimes signifies all of the stuff I *really* love about Discworld as a whole. Death is the same way, to some extent, but I feel like he is a bit more hit and miss.
  • edited July 2010
    haily, isn't the first one genus? or something like that?
  • edited July 2010
    Vimes is probably my favourite, but I've only read Going Postal of Moist Von Lipwig. While Lipwig was a brilliant character, I felt I could relate to Vimes a lot more. Not necessarily in his situation, but just in his general semi-apathetic grumpiness. It's just witty enough to avoid being "just grumpy", and it's just optimistic enough to avoid being "just depressing".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.