The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I originally read the Discworld books out of order so a lot of Vime's plot made absolutely no sense the first time around (I was very confused by the magically disappearing child--I read Thud first). When I read the City Watch books in order, I found myself liking him much more. My favorite of those is Jingo. Vetinari + Leonard of Quirm + Vimes= awesomeness. :D
  • edited July 2010
    My favorite of those is Jingo. Vetinari + Leonard of Quirm + Vimes= awesomeness. :D

Just finished Jingo, liked it a lot. I've really liked all the Watch books, but 'Guards, Guards!' remains my favourite out of the ones I've read.
  • edited July 2010
    Jingo also becomes about twice as funny after reading the Art of Discworld. :D
  • edited July 2010
    Interrupting Discworld conversation with the fact I added a new row to My Favorite Characters meme image, and strongly suggesting do not try to figure out N° 11 and N° 13 unless you were Latin American (I don't know this here anyway, but well...)

Favorite_Characters_Meme_by_Ginny_N.jpg

You can continue.
  • edited July 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    haily, isn't the first one genus? or something like that?

Nope. I might as well tell you, 'cos I doubt anyone will guess it...

It's
    Patrick Sprigs from MegaMan Starforce
  • edited July 2010
    @GinnyN: #15 is Guybrush... that's about all I know from the new 5.
  • edited July 2010
    I know # 12 is from "Eyesheild 21", and that he's crazy trigger happy and laughs "YA-HA" but his name...I have no clue. :p
  • edited July 2010
    Harukuro wrote: »
    I know # 12 is from "Eyesheild 21", and that he's crazy trigger happy and laughs "YA-HA" but his name...I have no clue. :p

Our dear friend Hiruma Yoichi, from Eyeshield 12, exactly ^^!
  • edited July 2010
    Whoops, I forgot to draw any arms :o

no_arms_by_LennieMelvin.png
  • edited July 2010
    Arms are overrated. I love the creepiness.
  • edited July 2010
    Cool, I really like the way you draw cloth.
  • edited July 2010
    1.png

This is the "Group Drawing" of a meeting for a group of chileans who post in a Spanish Webcomic page. Not too many people, but I think my character (Ginny) looks a LOT out of place.
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Interrupting Discworld conversation with the fact I added a new row to My Favorite Characters meme image, and strongly suggesting do not try to figure out N° 11 and N° 13 unless you were Latin American (I don't know this here anyway, but well...)

Favorite_Characters_Meme_by_Ginny_N.jpg

You can continue.

Wow -- I really love your art style. It's very impressive... It's definitely my favorite of the thread.
  • edited July 2010
    @Tsuni: Woah! Well... thanks a lot :o

By the way, this ones are backgrounds. For an animation I'm doing. Nothing great of course!

Puerta%20de%20la%20pieza.png

Pasillo%20desde%20el%20Ba%c3%b1o%20copia.png

Camas%20desde%20la%20tele%20copy.png

Pieza%20del%20computador%20copia.png

And, of course!, some lighting made no sense T_T
  • edited July 2010
    @Tsuni: Woah! Well... thanks a lot :o

By the way, this ones are backgrounds. For an animation I'm doing. Nothing great of course!

[Three awesome backdrops here]

And, of course!, some lighting made no sense T_T

Everything you draw is great, Ginny. EVERYTHING
  • edited July 2010
    Well this thread seems to be sinking a lil' so I'm gunna post this painting I did for ma comic. Erg... I'm terrible at drawing fire!

A_spot_of_hunting____hmm_yes_by_SillyStell.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    Well this thread seems to be sinking a lil' so I'm gunna post this painting I did for ma comic. Erg... I'm terrible at drawing fire!

A_spot_of_hunting____hmm_yes_by_SillyStell.jpg

I absolutely adore that. The wittle dog as a butler! ^W^ And... is that The Cheat behind the chair? O_o
  • edited July 2010
    Yar, skinned him and hung him on my wall... I mean er... No that's just your everyday animal print :D
  • edited July 2010
    robots.png
  • edited July 2010
    That's awesome dude. I really like it.
  • edited July 2010
    That would make one hell of a nice desktop wallpaper, I bet.
  • edited July 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    That would make one hell of a nice desktop wallpaper, I bet.

I agree that would make a neat wallpaper
  • edited July 2010
    Allrighty thanks!
    Give me your desktop res size and I'll make one :)
  • edited July 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    Allrighty thanks!
    Give me your desktop res size and I'll make one :)

Thanks! I need a new wallpaper and this will do very nicely! :D My res is 1440x900 please!
  • edited July 2010
    robots1440x900.th.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Thank you!
  • edited August 2010
    25__Trouble_Lurking_by_rubygloommel.jpg

I've been playing Bioshock 2 for time number 19530205, so I decided to finally draw something from it :D
  • edited August 2010
    The Little Sisters are cool :)

Anyway, I just made this with some friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu-YdDbbBJU

Even though it's Dutch, I'm very curious what the non-Dutch speaking people here think what the hell this little movie is about
  • edited August 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    The Little Sisters are cool :)

Anyway, I just made this with some friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu-YdDbbBJU

Even though it's Dutch, I'm very curious what the non-Dutch speaking people here think what the hell this little movie is about

Um.. zombies? :D

Speaking of zombies, I decided to try out some pixely art... this was the result.

pixelzombiecomplete.png
  • edited August 2010
    Just realised I never got back on you guys. So here is the list of the characters I drew earlier:

2387723498_b43e3f2fa8.jpg?v=0 Arr-kelaan-ronson-bikk-mike.jpg Spirou-and-Fantasio_Cartoon.jpg ff9-vivi.jpg&t=1 fb_shigure024.jpg&t=1 getfuzzy_chubbyhuggs.gif obj459_dt_wally_150.jpg

1. Redcloak from the Order of the Stick
    2. Severus Snape from Harry Potter (No visual: character from a novel).
    3. Bikk from the Gods of Arr-Kelaan
    4. Fantasio from Spirou and Fantasio (also starring in Gaston Lagaffe)
    5. Vivi from FFIX
    6. Sôma Shigure from Fruits Basket
    7. Chubby Huggs from Get Fuzzy
    8. Wally from Dilbert
  • edited August 2010
    I thought that guy from Dilbert was Dilbert from Dilbert! Shows how much I know about Dilbert.

I was thinking about doing some more pixel art and found a tutorial online for drawing isometric roofs. I followed it and ended up drawing a little house, so here it is:
    isometriccomplete.png
  • edited August 2010
    JN___Run_Jimmy_Run_by_Ginny_N.png
  • edited August 2010
    Nice! I've never watched Jimmy Neutron but from what I've seen that's a pretty good likeness :)
  • edited August 2010
    WARNING: THIS IS A TEST!

TF2___Those_Crazy_Germans_by_Ginny_N.jpg

Tell me what's wrong with him. IT'S AN ORDER! (Please...)
  • edited August 2010

His face is made out of Silly Putty, and someone punched him on the upper right.

Also, he's in the famous Telltale Rope-Sack from Sam & Max Season 1, but you wisely cut it off to avoid the trademark infringement suit.
  • edited August 2010

I.... don't see anything wrong with him. You're too good at art. There's nothing to critisise.
  • edited August 2010

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the outlining drawn a little thinner. Otherwise, I have no problem with it.
  • edited August 2010
    Thousand_Moon_Ch09_Pag08_by_Ginny_N.jpg

Too... much... work... need... coffee...
  • edited August 2010
    Just... looking... at... all... of... those... books... makes... me... tired...

My gosh, what a long and tedious job that would have been! Great work, though, Ginny. Now, go back and colour each and every one of them. And none shall be the same colour! :D
  • edited August 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    My gosh, what a long and tedious job that would have been! Great work, though, Ginny. Now, go back and colour each and every one of them. And none shall be the same colour! :D

Some are part of a Collection, but I'll try.

But first, I have to ink the rest of the Comic pages and then go back and color them. This is the 8th out of 12!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.