iPad version apparently exists (and is out?)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    exactly.... thats the date I accepted when I pre-ordered and I am fine with that
  • edited April 2010
    By the way, iPad release DOES have the least benefits of all possible versions.

Telltale Pre-Order:
    -Forum
    -Preview Area
    -Exclusive downloads
    -Coupons
    -Free Episode
    -DVD

Steam:
    -Free episode

PS3:
    -$5 off

iPad:
    -$15 EXTRA
    -Early release by 12 days for Episode 1 if you happen to buy the half a grand piece of hardware on Day One
    -Tablet controls
  • edited April 2010
    But the iPad is worthless! Why put out a great game for a lousy platform? It's like putting out Morrowind on the Pippin. It's absurd, inane, vapid, thoughtless and I don't care for it. Fie on you, Telltale. You shall rue the day! (Also, plox port to the Ryan Industries Game-mo-tron.)
  • edited April 2010
    Erm...isn't the iPad not out until tomorrow?
  • edited April 2010
    Erm...isn't the iPad not out until tomorrow?
    That's right. People can purchase The Devil's Playhouse from the iTunes store right now though, and then download it on their iPads tomorrow.
  • edited April 2010
    That's right. People can purchase The Devil's Playhouse from the iTunes store right now though, and then download it on their iPads tomorrow.

Because Apple is absolutely greedy like that. They're like GameStop, but worse.
  • edited April 2010
    Because Apple is absolutely greedy like that. They're like GameStop, but worse.
    No, it's okay. The iTunes store pre-purchases have the smallest window to take money before delivering a product of all release platforms.
  • edited April 2010
    No, it's okay. The iTunes store pre-purchases have the smallest window to take money before delivering a product of all release platforms.

No, it's not ok. I loathe Apple.
  • edited April 2010
    No, it's not ok. I loathe Apple.
    Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

NO, says the man in Rapture, I just don't like that guy.
  • edited April 2010
    Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

NO, says the man in Rapture, I just don't like that guy.

How would you like a change of scenery, Dashing? You know, I just had an... apartment... open up in Apollo Square and I believe you'd fit in quite well.
  • edited April 2010
    Wow, i grant it TTG.

I would be interested how the versions for the all the platforms differ.

Oh and how about the other episodes? Will the iPad versions then always be released before the pc versions or is it just for the iPAD release? I don't mind about the launch date but going again through the gametap thing for each episode would suck a bit.
  • edited April 2010
    By the way, iPad release DOES have the least benefits of all possible versions.

Telltale Pre-Order:
    -Forum
    -Preview Area
    -Exclusive downloads
    -Coupons
    -Free Episode
    -DVD

Steam:
    -Free episode

PS3:
    -$5 off

iPad:
    -$15 EXTRA
    -Early release by 12 days for Episode 1 if you happen to buy the half a grand piece of hardware on Day One
    -Tablet controls
    Hey, Steam (was SUPPOSED to) get forum access as well, and I assume - since it's already proof of purchase - will also unlock all the other stuff, except cupons I guess. I can't say that for sure though.

But what scares me the most is that ipad twats will come on the forums and post spoilers left and right. I really, really, REALLY REALLY REALLY hate spoilers.
  • edited April 2010
    I think it's a really good opportunity. People tinkering with the device will most probably stumble in Sam & Max. I hope they'll like them.
  • edited April 2010
    Diduz wrote: »
    I think it's a really good opportunity. People tinkering with the device will most probably stumble in Sam & Max. I hope they'll like them.

Stumble upon them? At ludicrous App Store prices, I don't think it will be a first line impulse buy...
  • edited April 2010
    Stumble upon them? At ludicrous App Store prices, I don't think it will be a first line impulse buy...
    If they're willing to pay the ludicrous iPad MSRP, they're willing to pay ludicrous App Store prices...
  • edited April 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    If they're willing to pay the ludicrous iPad MSRP, they're willing to pay ludicrous App Store prices...

Because they've obviously sold a kidney to pay for shiny Apple tat, so why not pay entirely too much for something of quality? I mean, the iPad XL (or a similar product) will be out in six months anyway, so spend more money! You'd think I'd be for this sort of thing... but I'm not. Because it's Apple.
  • Apple wants your money. So what? Don't give it to them. Good grief.
  • edited April 2010
    Apple wants your money. So what? Don't give it to them. Good grief.

I worry because stupid people will give Apple money, throwing themselves on Job's sword for the good of Cupertino. It is the greatest lie ever perpetrated by a major computer conglomerate.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    What if you hate Apple's locked-down portable devices and want the entire division to crash and burn?
    I worry because stupid people will give Apple money, throwing themselves on Job's sword for the good of Cupertino. It is the greatest lie ever perpetrated by a major computer conglomerate.

I feel like Andrew Ryan would be pretty into Apple and Steve Jobs to be honest...
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I feel like Andrew Ryan would be pretty into Apple and Steve Jobs to be honest...

I disagree. Steve Jobs likes to make you think he's sticking it to the man, but in reality Steve Jobs is the man, and Andrew Ryan hates the man

At not like "you da man" I mean "the man"
  • edited April 2010

First, Mr. Jake, let me begin by stating that I admire your company and they do fine work on their interactive gaming experiences. That being said, Apple is rather shifty in their practices and Jobs is a thug. He is the most dangerous kind of thug, the kind with vision. Actually, he reminds me somewhat of a fellow I once was acquainted with by the name of Frank Fontaine. If you think about it, they really have little in common... on the surface. However, they do both have a certain niche in a market in which they are both predominately underdogs.

Sure, Jobs might not have a company with, say, Microsoft's clout, but he does have a rabid and sycophantic fan base. Much like Fontaine. All Jobs has to do is lock down what's on his platforms and who can modify them, and he can persuade those with little know-how that that is how computing should be: simple and closed. As a developer, I am certain that you would see how this is an issue. Closed platforms stifle creativity and invention, and this is why I loathe Apple. I loathe Apple because their closed systems have the capability to utterly ruin Capitalism in their field, and Capitalism is the cornerstone of Objectivism.

I do hope this clarifies my seemingly illogical, blind hatred for all things Apple. Oh, and they wouldn't fix my iPod touch, the bastards.
  • edited April 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I disagree. Steve Jobs likes to make you think he's sticking it to the man, but in reality Steve Jobs is the man, and Andrew Ryan hates the man

At not like "you da man" I mean "the man"

No, Jobs is an underdog... still. If Microsoft were only less mired by the Antitrust Parasites in Washington, they could have excised the cancer that is Apple long ago...
  • edited April 2010
    I think Andrew Ryan would look for lots of excuses to pontificate and try to get attention. So... yeah.
  • edited April 2010
    Chuck wrote: »
    I think Andrew Ryan would look for lots of excuses to pontificate and try to get attention. So... yeah.

Perhaps he and I are... more alike than I care to admit.
  • edited April 2010
    No, Jobs is an underdog...

In the home computer market yeah. He dominates the portable electronics market
  • edited April 2010
    In the home computer market yeah. He dominates the portable elctronics market

ಠ_ಠ

Mr. Exodus, I must admit that your snappy retorts to my seemingly misinformed views are proving to be most... unwelcome.
  • edited April 2010
    Mr. Exodus, I must admit that your snappy retorts to my seemingly misinformed views are proving to be most... unwelcome.

Best just start agreeing with me then Andy ;)
  • edited April 2010
    best just start agreeing with me then andy ;)

Here's the news: Rapture isn't some sunken ship for you to plunder, and Andrew Ryan isn't a giddy socialite who can be slapped around by government muscle.
  • edited April 2010
    Ignoring the anti-Apple rants above, I definitely have a dilemma now. I love the concept of playing Sam and Max on the iPad, but I definitely don't like paying an additional $20 for the season over the PS3 version (which was the platform I was initially planning on purchasing it for). If Telltale plans on releasing other games for the iPad (which I hope they do!) I hope it won't be with this kind of price premium.
  • edited April 2010
    Here's the news: Rapture isn't some sunken ship for you to plunder, and Andrew Ryan isn't a giddy socialite who can be slapped around by government muscle.

Didn't this post originally just read "ಠ_ಠ"?
  • edited April 2010
    ahintz wrote: »
    Ignoring the anti-Apple rants above, I definitely have a dilemma now. I love the concept of playing Sam and Max on the iPad, but I definitely don't like paying an additional $20 for the season over the PS3 version (which was the platform I was initially planning on purchasing it for). If Telltale plans on releasing other games for the iPad (which I hope they do!) I hope it won't be with this kind of price premium.

So, how do you justify Apple's deplorable business practices? You know, China-style censorship of the app store, creating a closed platform for product development, locking you out of the device so you have to pay them to do something as simple as changing the battery... How is this excusable?

Didn't this post originally just read "ಠ_ಠ"?

No... I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. None.
  • edited April 2010
    So, how do you justify Apple's deplorable business practices? You know, China-style censorship of the app store, creating a closed platform for product development, locking you out of the device so you have to pay them to do something as simple as changing the battery... How is this excusable?

The iPad will do what I need it to do better then anything else on the market - end of story. If the the way in which Apple runs their business is so objectionable to you, then don't buy their products - no one is trying to force you to purchase anything. I don't shop at Walmart because I object to some of their business practices, but that doesn't mean I think that the people who do shop at Walmart are stupid or horrible people who have to "explain" themselves.

And the last time I checked, I am able to make purchase decisions without running it by someone on an internet forum.
  • edited April 2010
    PS: Andrew Ryan role-plays as Andrew Ryan from Bioshock nearly constantly.
  • edited April 2010
    The iPad will do what I need it to do better then anything else on the market - end of story. If the the way in which Apple runs their business is so objectionable to you, then don't buy their products - no one is trying to force you to purchase anything. I don't shop at Walmart because I object to some of their business practices, but that doesn't mean I think that the people who do shop at Walmart are stupid or horrible people who have to "explain" themselves.

And the last time I checked, I am able to make purchase decisions without running it by someone on an internet forum.

Oh, I know you can make purchasing decisions without my help and I am quite alright with that. It's not my money being wasted. It simply troubles me that Apple is getting any revenue at all.

Furthermore, how does it do *anything* better than anything else? Tablets made in 2003 have done better jobs at tablet computing. Netbooks, same bloody thing. I'd bet my Blackberry against an iPad any day of the week. It's a low quality, incapable product and I've no idea why my fellow geeks have taken to it like a junkie to his cocaine. I am disappointed.
    Pale Man wrote: »

I don't believe you have any proof of this.
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »

Ahh - I probably shouldn't have glossed over his other posts before responding. Thanks.
  • edited April 2010
    The iPad will do what I need it to do better then anything else on the market
    Wait, the iPad does something well? And by "well", I mean better than any current or upcoming tablet PC that costs the same or less.
  • edited April 2010
    Wait, the iPad does something well? And by "well", I mean better than any current or upcoming tablet PC that costs the same or less.

See? See? Relatively sane people agree with me.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010

Yes. It is lightweight and simple in its design. It's battery is reportedly good. It's operating system and provided UI are to the point and not stupidly encumbered by committee-designed UI (windows), or seemingly Slashdot-designed UI (android). The hardware is simple and to the point, and the operating system feels like it was intended for a human to use it, by which I mean, it gets out of the way most of the time.

Also, what ahintz said below about developers, and caveats.
  • edited April 2010

Let's see:
    • multitouch interface
    • 10+ hour battery life
    • thin and light-weight
    • good developer community creating innovative software

And that is just off the top of my head. I don't deny that for some (many?) uses, the iPad isn't ideal. But for what I need it to do, it is perfect. And playing Sam and Max on a 10-inch screen I hold in my hands seems pretty cool to me.

Edit - Looks like Jake beat me to it!
  • edited April 2010
    the thing about the iPad, it is supposed to be a one for the whole family kind of thing, right?

It is a bigger iPod, just like I thought it would be. this is good for playing Sam and Max in a group.

ohmygod I just got the logic of the whole thing
Sign in to comment in this discussion.