iPad version apparently exists (and is out?)

12346»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I would love to see this movie. A great scene for the trailer:

Lab Monkey: "...smuggling, murder, rape... It all leads back to one place!"

Protagonist: "Give me a name!!" Here, protagonist brandishes a bayonet for no good reason.

Lab Monkey: "It's Apple!" Protagonist's face turns an ashen, ghostly white.

Protagonist: "OH MY GOD!" *random, meaningless, Hollywood explosion.*

*The logo shows up on a black screen* APPLE-OCALYPSE. COMING SOON.
    The leader of the Ancient, Sacred Order pulls back the hood of his simple, monkly robes to reveal...Bill Gates.

"Come, my child", Bill Gates says, leading our hero into the secret catacombs of the Order.

"The Apple corporation is just one front of many, throughout history, as is the case with Microsoft. We are at war, a war that goes back farther than you ever knew...."

As he is speaking, they are walking down a winding, stone staircase. The only light comes from torches set along the walls. Eventually, the staircase ends at a dead end, a brick stone wall. Behind them, an iron gate falls, trapping them.

The hero exclaims in surprise. "What is this, Gates?!"

Gates smiles reassuringly. "Don't worry. Things are not quite what they seem."

He turns, pressing on a series of bricks, each one moving inward slightly in turn. As the last brick is pressed inward, the wall slides away to reveal a large room. The walls are covered in an ornate painting, a depiction of one of the first biblical stories: The corruption of Adam and Eve.

"Do you know the story of Adam and Eve?", asked Gates. The hero nods, "Of course I do."

Gates turned to the painting, speaking outward, almost more to the room than to the protagonist of this ill-conceived mockery of film itself.

"The Devil dealt a powerful blow to man...with an apple. We believe he intends....to do so again."

Cue dramatic orchestral swell.
  • edited April 2010
    If you're suggesting our current computer market is "Eden" then I want my money back.
  • edited April 2010
    Look, how much money do we need to have this movie made? We can get Sander Cohen to direct and we'll save big by recruiting Splicers to act!
  • edited April 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    If you're suggesting our current computer market is "Eden" then I want my money back.
    If an actual movie that cost actual money to make starring Arnold Schwarzenegger can claim that the number of the beast, 666, refers to 1999 because things are often upside-down in dreams, we can make crappy analogies for the sake of humor.
  • edited April 2010
    Ah ha! But I didn't pay eight bucks to see that film, did I? There's the rub.
  • edited April 2010
    There's the rub.

Shakespeare! I'm guessing that Mr. Dashing loathes Shakespeare.
  • edited April 2010
    Ah ha! But I didn't pay eight bucks to see that film, did I? There's the rub.
    And you didn't pay 8 bucks to see this one either!

Also I have no idea what "There's the rub" even means.
  • edited April 2010
    No, Dashing actually is Shakespeare, since he's actually Kit Marlowe who's actually Marty McFly. It's complicated.

Edit: Don't play coy, Dashing, you aren't fooling anyone! And I totally did pay to see the film, because if I didn't how the heck would I know that in the end the
    hero can't bring himself to thrown the iRing into Mt Doom and it has to be shot off his finger by the Man with No Name?
  • edited April 2010
    No, Dashing actually is Shakespeare, since he's actually Kit Marlowe who's actually Marty McFly. It's complicated.
    Actually, you're both right. I drink myself into oblivion every night in self-loathing.
  • edited April 2010

...what? Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop splicing...
  • edited April 2010
    Don't worry, Mr. Ryan, nobody gets me, 'cause I'm the wind, baby! Or Loki disguised as a twenty-something woman, I forget which.
  • edited April 2010
    Someone hid Lena's pills again.
  • edited April 2010
    Don't worry, Mr. Ryan, nobody gets me, 'cause I'm the wind, baby! Or Loki disguised as a twenty-something woman, I forget which.

Oh! Oh! Loki! Pick Loki! Vikings had the best Gods! I mean, sure, everywhere in Rapture is named after Greek Gods, but still!
  • edited April 2010
    Oh! Oh! Loki! Pick Loki! Vikings had the best Gods! I mean, sure, everywhere in Rapture is named after Greek Gods, but still!
    No Gods or Kings, Only Man

Not only are you the BLOODY KING of Rapture, but you keep naming stuff after Gods. You really are the world's worst hypocrite.
  • edited April 2010
    Wouldn't the world's "worst" hypocrite be someone who wasn't hypocritical?
  • edited April 2010
    Wouldn't the world's "worst" hypocrite be someone who wasn't hypocritical?

That's right. I'm the world's BEST hypocrite. Now, quick, dope up the ADAM! We have some dissidents to hang in Apollo Square!
  • edited April 2010
    I hate this thread again.
  • edited April 2010
    Ripcord wrote: »
    I hate this thread again.

Glad I could help, friend.
  • edited April 2010
    That's right. I'm the world's BEST hypocrite. Now, quick, dope up the ADAM! We have some dissidents to hang in Apollo Square!

Your commitment is both admirable and pending.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.