The Tomb of Sammun-Mak [Speculation Thread!]

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
A speculation thread for the next episode in The Devil's Playhouse.

Anyone notice how Sammun-Mak kinda sounds like Sam and Max. Could this mean that someone has their tomb prepared for them?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Maybe it's about their ancestors or something.
  • edited April 2010
    The egyptians did have a thing for dogs, didn't they? Anubis was the dog headed god of death. Never heard anything about rabbits, though.
  • edited April 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    Anyone notice how Sammun-Mak kinda sounds like Sam and Max.

OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS I DID NOT KNOW THAT MAYBE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE GAME IS CALLED SAM AND MAX AND EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS THIS.

Sorry to be rude or all-caps, but its late (or early?) and im tired.
  • edited April 2010
    dem bones dem bones
  • edited April 2010

Hi, I'm sorry for acting like an ass, but not sorry enough to not act like an ass, so therefore I'm going to act like an ass anyway regardless of how sorry I am. My own logic just FRICKING ASTOUNDS ME.

This is what speculation topics are for, and I would love to see it discussed more myself. Because I love Egypt. I own a copy of the Egyptian Book of the Dead translated with hieroglyphics. Never read it, but I own it, so that counts for something right?
  • edited April 2010
    OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS I DID NOT KNOW THAT MAYBE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE GAME IS CALLED SAM AND MAX AND EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS THIS.

Forgiven. Perhaps a nap would help.
  • edited April 2010
    The egyptians did have a thing for dogs, didn't they? Anubis was the dog headed god of death. Never heard anything about rabbits, though.

As I recall, I believe the ancient Egyptians were more tied up with cat worship, going so far as to actually mummify some after their deaths.

Then again, Western Civilization in college has been a while, so, I could be wrong.
  • edited April 2010
    I don't feel like Writing my predictions again and in spoilers so if you beat penal zone, go to this thred where I give my theory for the next episode based on events from penal zone.
  • edited April 2010
    Forgiven. Perhaps a nap would help.

Problem solved. :D
  • edited April 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Maybe it's about their ancestors or something.

Might have something to do with
    Max's question in the end of Penal Zone: "Is that us?"
  • That. Was... unexpected to say the least. I was expecting it to just end after skunkape was locked in the Penal Zone
  • edited April 2010
    That. Was... unexpected to say the least. I was expecting it to just end after skunkape was locked in the Penal Zone

I'm glad it didn't end that way, I love cliffhangers!
  • edited April 2010
    Ahhh! Please write your comments in spoilers. I haven't played the game yet.

If there isn't already a thread for it, this can be a speculation thread for the second episode.
  • edited April 2010
    If I were you, dentbuds, I'd just be avoiding the forums for now. You're bound to come across spoilers.
  • edited April 2010
    Am I the only one who thought of Mack Salmon when I saw that title (you know Mack Salmon, Salmon Mack, Sammun-Mak)
  • edited April 2010
    If I were you, dentbuds, I'd just be avoiding the forums for now. You're bound to come across spoilers.

Indeed. I am staying clear of the Sam and Max section, I should be back in soon, though. I think my cousin might have gotten me the season for by birthday.

In fact, i'm a officially staying away from this thread too.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm really looking forward to this one! One of my strangest holiday experiences was in Egypt. I'm prepared for a lot of things to happen. :O)
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    I can't wait for it!!

My bet for the release date is either the 13th or the 20th of May!
  • edited April 2010
    I think the tomb references the skeletons they found in their basement.... The bones are Sammun-mak... possibly either dead time traveling versions of our Sam and Max... or parallel universe versions of Sam and Max.... it would make sense considering all the shrines and tablets surrounding the area... where the skeletons are as well at the Devil's toy box.
    Ahhh! Please write your comments in spoilers. I haven't played the game yet.

If there isn't already a thread for it, this can be a speculation thread for the second episode.

Obviously people speculating the plot in the second game should have played the first one....
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I think the tomb references the skeletons they found in their basement....
    Oh, so the skeletons finally came out of the closet?
  • edited April 2010
    mr_nutt wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought of Mack Salmon when I saw that title (you know Mack Salmon, Salmon Mack, Sammun-Mak)

Not the only one, but that was officially... jossed. I mean, it's not about Mack Salmon. That is already confirmed.
  • edited April 2010
    I think the bones are of identical past versions of Sam and Max.
  • edited April 2010
    I think that Max found a toy (in the future) that allows him to time travel himself and anyone he's touching. Look at the way the skeleton of Sam is touching Max, curious eh?

Or it's what Irishmile suggested. Possible Egypstian fossils, and this Episode might take place at that location on the billboard.
    Musuem of Natural History
  • edited April 2010
    i think some one already mentioned the possibility of the bones being the remains of sam and max due to time travel, and i'd like to second the idea. If not that than ancestors would be the second most likely explanation. I do recall some concept art of a very Victorian-era looking Sam. maybe this episode will be entirely from the perspective of their ancestors. on another note, anyone have any ideas on what happened to the playing cards and the rhinoplasty ?
  • edited April 2010
    Everyone. I found a piece of concept art to discuss.

theatre.jpg

And to the post of kgoodies:

s3concept5.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    The wolfhound-rabbit portrait in BoscoLabs might well be one of their past counterparts.
  • edited April 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    The wolfhound-rabbit portrait in BoscoLabs might well be one of their past counterparts.

Well...

somethingsnotrighthere.jpg

But maybe has something to do. Who knows? (Except for Telltale of course)
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Well...

But maybe has something to do. Who knows? (Except for Telltale of course)

I still want that in poster/print form.
  • edited April 2010
    People are saying time traveling versions of Sam and Max and I'm wondering if the skeletons may be from the past Sam and Max who travelled through the time elevator before the ship exploded in 204.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    I still want that in poster/print form.

W used to sell it... until we ran out!
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »

Get moar, I demandeth moar! (I think it was sold out while my Sam & Max addiction was still in its early pupal stage)

Also, where is this "W" and where can I rob them.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »

Question: If someone was to scan it from Surfin' the Highway and get it printed, seeing as you do not sell them anymore and they would not be making a profit out of it, would you give them permission to do it?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Or it's what Irishmile suggested. Possible Egypstian fossils, and this Episode might take place at that location on the billboard.

I think at least part of the episode will take place at the museum, especially given this in the intro:

Attachment not found.

"COMING SOON: Treasure of the Forgotten Pharoahs" (yes "pharaohs" is spelled wrong :)), fits nicely with "The Tomb of Sammun-Mak".
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Question: If someone was to scan it from Surfin' the Highway and get it printed, seeing as you do not sell them anymore and they would not be making a profit out of it, would you give them permission to do it?

I don't think someone should ask that on an official forum.
  • edited April 2010

I do believe that you would have to seek permission from Purcell, not Telltale, but I don't know their licensing agreement. Also, that poster would likely be of inferior quality.
  • edited April 2010
    I think Sam and Max saw themselves in a premonition. They'll open the devil toy box and poof, becomes animated skeletons. My guess is we'll be playing the bones Sam & Max where we'll have to figure out how to employ Max' psychic powers to return to the living. Maybe by putting their ancestral ancient Sammun Mak god to rest somehow.
  • edited April 2010
    Egyptians, just like every other sensible human beeing, are more into cats.
  • edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    and this Episode might take place at that location on the billboard.
    Replace "might" with "we know for certain, already before 301".

Have some concept art from that:
    http://vip.telltalegames.com/files/thedevilsplayhouse/concepts031010/sm301_museum.jpg

EDIT: Linkified.
  • edited April 2010
    woah, that is a x-box hueg picture.
  • edited April 2010
    Replace "might" with "we know for certain, already before 301".

Have some concept art from that:

Next time, link. Broken boards make forumites cry.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.