The Tomb of Sammun-Mak [Speculation Thread!]

Comments

• edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Everyone. I found a piece of concept art to discuss.

theatre.jpg

And to the post of kgoodies:

s3concept5.jpg

That canister under the glass in the first pic looks alot like one of toys of power shown in the opening credits.

My guess is that instead of time travel Max gets a psychic power that allows him and Sam to look into past lives and the bones in the basement are from two of those past lives (i.e. victorian Sam) since Sam mentioned something about Steamy heating thier building for over century.
  • edited April 2010
    all this speculating is what makes me love these boards.... I spend way to much time here talking to you all but its a lot of fun.
  • edited April 2010
    Ok...

Outside Mamma Bosco: Sam talking to Max looking up. Max growls.
    Outside Mesta Pizza: Sam walking like a Zombie searching for toys (Max comment: That's a typical Friday night for you Sam)
    Outside the Pawn Shop: Sam pointing up with the Gun. (They ask for an Index or something...)
    Skun-ka'pe ship AFTER you get out the Penal Zone: The Avenge my little buddy scene.
    Straight and Narrow Second Sam's Vision: Sam in a roof shouting to Max about the buiding I don't remember how to write.

After this, I'm gonna miss future vision...
  • edited April 2010
    Outside the pawn shop: Something about Sam hurting Max.
    And on the ship is *Before* the whole Penal Zone stuff, but after awakening the brain.

Also.
    Caverns before Skun'kape arrives: "Max? What is wrong with you? ... Max? ... Little buddy?"

(we need someone to post the full script of all those scenes 0_0)
  • edited April 2010
    Also.
    Caverns before Skun'kape arrives: "Max? What is wrong with you? ... Max? ... Little buddy?"

(we need someone to post the full script of all those scenes 0_0)

Wait wait how did you get that one? :eek: I never heard anyone mention it until now.
    Anyway as for episode 302 I perdit that the toy of power found will give Sam & Max the ability to posses (sp?) the bodies of their dead ancestors for a breif amount of time allowing them to alter the past and change the future. But something tells me that'd be a little too obvious but I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Well... there's a bunch of visions of Sam looking up, and there's the Newpaper talking about how many weeks of Max rampage in the Future Vision to Worse News.

We already know Max is going to become a giant, alright. And, apparently, he is not thinking, right (Compared to the normal, that it), so probably the episode will be the 303. (Why will somebody need Max's Brain? For the same thing Skun-ka'pe need it, apparently. I'm pretty sure Stinky has the Space Ship now.). Also, he will back to normal in the middle of season, unless we never get to read the worse news thingie about the 3 week of Max's Rampage.

The scene in the Molemen Shrine before Skun-ka'pe arrives I could say is when they will open the Toybox. When? No idea. For story I could say is 304 or 305. My vote is for 304 anyway, unless there's the reason of why he become a giant. But I think is lame trying to destroy the universe by become a giant thing a la Godzilla. I hope not. (Unless, again, it's a some sort of wish of Max and then that's the first thing that will happen to him in the moment they open the box, but that doesn't explain why he is not chatting with Sam about it, instead of growl). Edit: Or maybe is Max reacting to the bones. And then Max has a vision of those past versions of theirselfes and that it's the whole game!

Sam been a Zombie and searching for Toys I think is from 304. I mean, I think it is not specifically him, it's a clone.
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    The scene in the Molemen Shrine before Skun-ka'pe arrives I could say is when they will open the Toybox. When? No idea. For story I could say is 304 or 305. My vote is for 304 anyway, unless there's the reason of why he become a giant.
    Actually, I would go for the start of 302.
    They are there, they are Sam&Max and now they know what it is.
    I see no reason why they *won't* open it right away...
  • edited April 2010
    Actually, I would go for the start of 302.
    They are there, they are Sam&Max and now they know what it is.
    I see no reason why they *won't* open it right away...

There's no reason, right, but I don't know if the rest of the world will like to them open the Box Right away. I mean, something to stop them to open the infamous box or something like that. That's why I said is going to be more later in the season. It's like, the most important thing they can do right now, kicking the act a couple of chapters away story-wise is not that improvable to me. And maybe Sam will want to figure out what the hell with the bones first to open the Toy Box. Also, the same Toy Box is the power source of Skun-ka'pe new prison, and, maybe that doesn't have anything to do with Sam and Max, but probably Superball or somebody will interfere.

I'm sure they will open the infamous box. It's only matter of when and how.
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    There's no reason, right, but I don't know if the rest of the world will like to them open the Box Right away.
    They're Sam&Max! Since when did that stop them?
  • edited April 2010
    I noticed another vision (Sam and Max's Office probably after reviving the brain) that Sam will find himself on Straight Street in 2109. It's mostly the same except a brainwashed (and I use the term loosely) Max, or Max robot demand that Sam pay tribute to Emperor Skun'ka-pe the second.
  • edited April 2010
    They're Sam&Max! Since when did that stop them?

That's what I said. They gonna open it ANYWAY. The point is when. I don't think the next episode for whathever reason. I think is anticlimatic.
    richforce wrote: »
    I noticed another vision (Sam and Max's Office probably after reviving the brain) that Sam will find himself on Straight Street in 2109. It's mostly the same except a brainwashed (and I use the term loosely) Max, or Max robot demand that Sam pay tribute to Emperor Skun'ka-pe the second.

Yep, I just check.

Sam: You used to be so much cooler Max...

Now, I officially gonna miss Future Vision.
  • edited April 2010
    I can't wait for the second episode! Maybe in heaven you can go to the future and play all of the Sam and Max episodes and more... *I killed myself* .... .... .... Wait! I can't kill
    myself, there's no Sam and Max in hell (except in episode 205)... or is there... *jump's from building* *goes to hospital* *lives but his fingers are broken so he can't play sam and max* *sucks*
  • edited April 2010
    Every time I read about a giant Max, "White Rabbit" goes through my head.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm not sure if people have mentioned this, but if you pause during the trailer you can see in the picture of the pharoah, he is standing on the Devil's Toybox with three molemen bowing infront of him.

And on Gamervision it says:
    The second episode, "The Tomb of Sammun-Mak," has the duo investigating the ancient origins of a powerful artifact that allows Max to control time and space with the power of his mind. (Yikes!)
  • edited April 2010
    @ GinnyN:
    Reading the super-top-secret forum it seems my theory is far FAR more likely than yours...

:D
  • edited April 2010
    @ GinnyN:
    Reading the super-top-secret forum it seems my theory is far FAR more likely than yours...

:D

Do you mean
    that would cause the whole time-space traveling they are spoiling in the forums?
    Oh well...
  • edited April 2010
    Well, considering you probably find that out in the first 10 minutes of play (if not in the intro cutscene even) it wouldn't be that big a spoiler.
  • edited April 2010
    Well, considering you probably find that out in the first 10 minutes of play (if not in the intro cutscene even) it wouldn't be that big a spoiler.

I know, but that is still content for the pre-order people =P.
  • edited April 2010
    Yup, all the non-pre-orderers are stuck with is knowing my theory is more likely than your theory ;).
  • edited April 2010
    Yup, all the non-pre-orderers are stuck with is knowing my theory is more likely than your theory ;).

Exactly...
  • edited April 2010
    Poor Non-Pre-Orderers.

PS. What does the cutscene say when you use it on the mole processing room after being 'done' there?
  • edited April 2010
    Poor Non-Pre-Orderers.

PS. What does the cutscene say when you use it on the mole processing room after being 'done' there?

Just tell to you how Harry manages to escape the Room
  • edited April 2010
    richforce wrote: »

I saw this one before I even entered the ship, let alone revived the brain.
  • edited April 2010
    no more future vision... well, maybe we'll have another toy to show us funny visions! also, the puzzles might be more challenging now!
  • edited April 2010
    no more future vision... well, maybe we'll have another toy to show us funny visions! also, the puzzles might be more challenging now!

Pre-order people, like you, should know the episode is supposed to be more difficult, and I don't think is going to be because the lack of future vision.
  • edited April 2010
    wait, how do we know this? in the countdown to episode 2?
  • edited April 2010
    wait, how do we know this? in the countdown to episode 2?

Yep. Somewhere in the first pages.
  • edited April 2010
    i dont have the patience to read a whole thread
  • edited April 2010

I suppose funny vision could make the game longer if not harder. I would personally use it on everything in sight... twice.
  • edited April 2010
    i dont have the patience to read a whole thread
    Sjeesh. It's only 2 or 3 pages, most with posts that are one word long (fourthed! Fifthed!)
  • edited April 2010
    yes, but i have a lot of stuff to cram into my day. I have to browse these forums as quickly as possible. I can only spend about 6 hours on here a day, max! (10 on weekends)
  • edited April 2010
    Should be well enough, no?
  • edited May 2010
    no. definitely not :P
  • edited May 2010
    Don't suppose anybody here likes Stargate? =P

Specifically the first few seasons of SG1.
  • edited May 2010
    Stargate's cool.
  • edited May 2010
    Okay, seriously, how weird is it that I'm freaking out about this game? I mean, okay, Fright of the Bumblebees wasn't the best thing ever (stupid ass second cheese! Took me half an hour before I found it in Wallace's room!), but it showed potential, was fun, and was funny. I thought to myself, then, that Andy Hartzell could be awesome, but maybe hadn't quite figured out how to tightly structure an adventure game.

Then I read this:

fox_bunny_funny_cover_lg.jpg

It's...incredible? Amazing? What adjective do you use for something so...so...good?

So needless to say I am absolutely stoked for this game. Bring on the tombs!

Who else is excited? Come onnn, baby! Break that second-episode-of-Sam-and-Max-is-the-worst-curse.

</fangirlism>
    </fanboyism>
    </screams of joy>
  • edited May 2010
    Really guys? Stargate? This is a second episode speculation thread. Get your social networking somewhere else, this place is for entities with no interests other than TellTale Games. Keeping with that thread ... what if everyone in episode 302 is a warlock and they all go back in time to Khufu dynasty Egypt and duke it out?
  • edited May 2010
    Stargate has some significance: Egypt!
  • edited May 2010
    I like Stargate(especially SG-1), don't get me wrong...but it's entrance into the thread seems kind of, um, at odds with the point of the

I HATE STARGATE UNIVERSE SO MUCH

Sorry.
  • edited May 2010
    It's the TTG forums. And we've been ontopic for 6(!!!) pages.

I got season 1-10 on DVD, and the pilot and 2 movies.
    Needless to say, I hate that crap :p.

But yeah, bring on the time-travel (we get none? :() and Egypt!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.