The Tomb of Sammun-Mak [Speculation Thread!]

12346»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Yes but Max isn't a stupid little nerd.

You can't really use "stupid" and "nerd" when describing the same person, you do realise?
  • edited May 2010
    Personally, I hate it when people say 'eeeeee' on the internet, but I gotta say;

EEEEEE! Lookit lookit! Sam and Max in steam age clothing!! Can't wait!
  • edited May 2010
    I'm surprised people are still debating whether or not that's going to be Santa. I'm 100% convinced it will be.

I would also like to see this pic of Max in Bliss clothing. Got Season1 for Xbox before I even knew what TellTale was.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, I'm actually glad to see the steampunk version of Sam & Max. Its kinda like that one from the Frankenstine cartoon...do you think Max's tail will fall off and terroize the town again?
  • edited May 2010
    You can't really use "stupid" and "nerd" when describing the same person, you do realise?

Yeah, it's true. At best he's a dork.

nerd-venn-diagram-20090915-092804.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    This may be off-topic but I fixed my problem and I can post the concept art (Sorry to Telltale if I'm doing something wrong).

Bliss.png
    Yes, it's blurry; but that's how it appeared in the video.
    tredlow wrote: »
    Yeah, it's true. At best he's a dork.

nerd-venn-diagram-20090915-092804.jpg

I may be misundering this... But was that "dork" remark aimed at me?
  • edited May 2010
    I thought that they were refering to Luke with the dork comment.
    Off-topic again: Can you post that concept art from the video that has Lincoln carrying the Desoto into space?
  • splash1 wrote: »
    This may be off-topic but I fixed my problem and I can post the concept art (Sorry to Telltale if I'm doing something wrong).

Bliss.png
    Yes, it's blurry; but that's how it appeared in the video.

Not to be off topic but, AWESOME! THANKS! Max looks kind of cute in rainbow socks. But, OH NO! Sam's not wearing his hat! Now his head is unprotected from the hypno rays! We're all DOOMED!
  • edited May 2010
    Not to be off topic but, AWESOME! THANKS! Max looks kind of cute in rainbow socks. But, OH NO! Sam's not wearing his hat! Now his head is unprotected from the hypno rays! We're all DOOMED!

It's okay, he adapted it into his tie.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    I crapped that concept out during a brief period where 106 involved Sam & Max having to become prismatologists to infiltrate the moon headquarters. (here's the actual image)
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I crapped that concept out during a brief period where 106 involved Sam & Max having to become prismatologists to infiltrate the moon headquarters. (here's the actual image)

I'm suddenly thinking in Fantasy Island for some reason.
  • GinnyN wrote: »
    I'm suddenly thinking in Fantasy Island for some reason.

It's the white suit, totally. Never seen the show myself, I just know the host has an accent and wears a white suit. I can't help but wonder if this is inspiring you...
  • edited May 2010
    It's the white suit, totally. Never seen the show myself, I just know the host has an accent and wears a white suit. I can't help but wonder if this is inspiring you...

I was about to draw Max shouting "The plane! the plane!" or whathever Tattoo shouted in English. But I have a Computer Science lab to do first T_T
  • edited May 2010
    So, if the "main toy" in episode 2 would be a device that can go into the past lives of the ones you use it on, I'll assume that what we have seen so far are the past lives of Sam, Max and Santa?

Just release it already plox : P
  • GinnyN wrote: »
    I was about to draw Max shouting "The plane! the plane!" or whathever Tattoo shouted in English. But I have a Computer Science lab to do first T_T

I did a search on Wikipedia. Sounds right.

In an effort to keep things on topic, I wonder if they'll be bringing back Sybil, Bosco, and the others in 1800s outfits, and giving them new voices since it won't actually be Sybil, Bosco, etc.

Also, I wouldn't mind if they brought Bluster Blaster back as a Penny Arcade game, especially IF HE STILL SHOUTED EVERYTHING HE SAID IN THAT DISTORTED VOICE OF HIS!
  • edited May 2010
    Also, I wouldn't mind if they brought Bluster Blaster back as a Penny Arcade game, especially IF HE STILL SHOUTED EVERYTHING HE SAID IN THAT DISTORTED VOICE OF HIS!
    And neither would Jared mind doing his voice again, according to an interview I read some time ago... :)
  • edited May 2010
    In an effort to keep things on topic, I wonder if they'll be bringing back Sybil, Bosco, and the others in 1800s outfits, and giving them new voices since it won't actually be Sybil, Bosco, etc.

That would be cool, but TT isn't going to do that, at least this season. [er for Sybil&Bosco I mean]
    Leak wrote: »
    And neither would Jared mind doing his voice again, according to an interview I read some time ago... :)

REALLY???

Links, please? :)
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    REALLY???

He said that in the preorder forum at the very least.
    But even if he doesn't mind, I'm sure his fans wouldn't be happy if his voice got trashed.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    He said that in the preorder forum at the very least.
    But even if he doesn't mind, I'm sure his fans wouldn't be happy if his voice got trashed.

Darnit, I knew I shoulda pre-ordered. *kicks some dirt* Next time for sure.

What if Bluster Blaster just showed up for one episode? [like a cameo or something, a C.O.P.S. reunion party? :D] That wouldn't be enough to cause him to lose his voice, would it?
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I can't find it, especially at 1 in the morning, but it was one of the interviews done while ToMI was still being released... anybody else remember this?

(Just so I know I'm not hallucinating - please someone tell me I'm not... :D)

EDIT: oh, that's the one place Google wouldn't find, of course - thanks, Alice... ;)

np: Subreachers - Memories Of Better Times (Echodub Loves (Vol. 02))
  • edited May 2010
    np thanks for lookin'.
  • edited May 2010
    This has probably been speculated before, but I'll just say it again; Stinky's letter is from Sal.
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    somethingsnotrighthere.jpg

That picture is so awesome. Look, there's the creepy painting of Sam & Max in BoscoTech Labs [301] and the skull as well!

Although, when I look at this picture in it's entirety only one thought comes to mind: 'Man, Sam & Max must've been totally lit up when that picture was taken, talk about a bender!'
  • edited May 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    This has probably been speculated before, but I'll just say it again; Stinky's letter is from Sal.

I say it's Skun'kape... Sal is to awesome to be in love with Stinky!
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I say it's Skun'kape... Sal is to awesome to be in love with Stinky!

No, it's been established in the first episode that it's not Skun'kape. It's definitely Sal, who lost his job as Stinky's chef and became a security guard, apparently.
  • edited May 2010
    Here's something to ponder. On one of the new screenshots you can see a bit of Hieroglyph code.
    2a50hl5.png
    These particular hieroglyphs actually have a standard transliteration instead of just an associated meaning. Search Google Images for "hieroglyph alphabet" to get plenty of comparison charts.
    The first letter is B, the second is J, next are probably two N's, and the last could be an A or an M, or possibly U/W/O. I'm afraid this doesn't really ring any bells for me, but maybe we can figure it out.
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe they just picked random stuff so they can have Sam and ax try and guess what it means and come up with a ridiculous translation that involve kicking snakes into a river?
  • edited May 2010
    for feed the eagles
  • edited May 2010
    I think that in the closet in the office in ep. 2, you'll see Skunkape inside of the Penal Zone inside of Sam & Max's Closet. (As a souvenier):p
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Here's something to ponder. On one of the new screenshots you can see a bit of Hieroglyph code.
    2a50hl5.png
    These particular hieroglyphs actually have a standard transliteration instead of just an associated meaning. Search Google Images for "hieroglyph alphabet" to get plenty of comparison charts.
    The first letter is B, the second is J, next are probably two N's, and the last could be an A or an M, or possibly U/W/O. I'm afraid this doesn't really ring any bells for me, but maybe we can figure it out.

Looks totally decorative so it's probably random "nice looking" symbols masked as hieroglyphs.

Anyway, it would be awesome to have some high-res tablets with hieroglyphs that have hidden text/jokes we can decode. For instance one tablet could read "If you read this you don't need glasses" or "Subliminal advertisement: buy cheap beer NOW"
    Of course "Sam" would say that he can't read it or make a joke about it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.