The Tomb of Sammun-Mak [Speculation Thread!]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    hi sam and max sometimes uow hath to finc of the obvious and complicated:D
  • edited May 2010
    It's the TTG forums. And we've been ontopic for 6(!!!) pages.

New record?
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    New record?

I don't know. There was a Stargate blip on the last page...
  • edited May 2010
    So, erm, has anyone mentioned the new concept art from the newsletter yet?

samandmax.jpg

Looks like a Victorian era version of Santa from 201 to me...

Also there's this description of episode 2:
    The second episode, The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, will release in just a few short weeks, and the Freelance Police face even more bizarre and dangerous new characters (and some familiar faces). The game's designer calls this episode Sam & Max's "trippiest trip yet", as it features new psychic powers, peculiar foes, a journey on the Disorient Express and an ancient mysterious riddle from across the ages.
  • edited May 2010
    That does look exactly like Santa from 201.
  • edited May 2010
    Is he maybe the short guy in the top hat just left of Skunkape in the villains line up?
  • edited May 2010
    Yay, there's a train ride!

Trains creep me out. You can't see where you're going, only what you're passing. Several games have train levels; always feel so claustrophobic.

Anyway, does this mean Santa is actually Egyptian?
  • edited May 2010
    No. He's obviously an alien. I mean, look at that mustache!
  • edited May 2010
    So, erm, has anyone mentioned the new concept art from the newsletter yet?
    Yes, but not here.
    Did you pre-order?
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, but not here.
    Did you pre-order?

Yeah, I saw the thread in the pre-order forum right after I posted that. I stopped checking that forum after the first episode, because I assumed it would be locked and abandoned after that point like the TOMI private forum.
  • edited May 2010
    Did you see what they said in the description of the second episode: and some familiar faces... what do you think that means?
  • edited May 2010
    Did you see what they said in the description of the second episode: and some familiar faces... what do you think that means?

Possibly Bosco, Sybil and Abe. And also we saw a guy that looked like Santa a few posts up?
  • edited May 2010

I'd actually love it if it's just some new character reusing the santa model, and the line in the newsletter is nothing more than a joke about this :p
  • edited May 2010
    Possibly Bosco, Sybil and Abe. And also we saw a guy that looked like Santa a few posts up?

Nah, Bosco is gone, Sybil is married to Stone-ead and that "Santa" is a possible parody of the Monopoly Man.

Also, I found a screenshot at Telltale.
    sm302_bust.jpg
    For costume information....

And it appears Sam & Max visit a Tomb (obviously), but it's a tomb of a hippo I believe.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm going to say that the Santa guy is definitely made to look like Santa, he even has pine trees on his suit.
  • edited May 2010
    Awesome drawing of Max there.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »

Ow... I'm dying of Max's cuteness.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Also, I found a screenshot at Telltale.

That mustache.
  • edited May 2010
    I wonder what CA stands for. If it is an acronym. In any case, Max's outfit is adorable. Though it doesn't seem to include pants.
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    In any case, Max's outfit is adorable. Though it doesn't seem to include pants.

Max doesn't need pants! He's Max! And then we would know were he keeps his stuff...that not good...
  • edited May 2010
    Am i the only one who gets a HUGE indiana jones vibe out of the actual screenshot ?

Also, both concept pics are awesome :eek:
  • edited May 2010
    Am i the only one who gets a HUGE indiana jones vibe out of the actual screenshot ?

I thought the same thing. I'm anticipating an action packed escape scene now! :)
  • edited May 2010
    Max, why are you wearing Leah's hat. She needs that hat, dammit.
  • edited May 2010
    Christie Time! Christie time! whoooo....

This is my new theory: The Toy Tycoon is Santa but at the same time it's not. I guess. I don't know. But I love that screen shot!
  • edited May 2010
    This is my new theory: The Toy Tycoon is Santa but at the same time it's not. I guess. I don't know. But I love that screen shot!

My theory is that he's some type of anti-Santa. Santa gives away toys once a year, this guy charges outrageous prices for them year round. But he loves kids.
  • edited May 2010
    Who do you think people are going to be the guest stars? Appart of Santa of course =P
  • edited May 2010
    That Max outfit reminds me of Luke from Professor Layton... I think that game is having an influence on Telltale...
  • edited May 2010
    That Max outfit reminds me of Luke from Professor Layton... I think that game is having an influence on Telltale...

*Le Gasp!* I KNEW that I had seen that look before!!!!!
  • edited May 2010

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that. Seeing that outfit actual got me thinking about making a Professor Layton parody with Sam & Max as Layton & Luke. :p (Too bad I don't have the mad skills to make that dream a reality)
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I wonder what CA stands for. If it is an acronym. In any case, Max's outfit is adorable. Though it doesn't seem to include pants.

My guess is "Concept Art".
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    My guess is "Concept Art".

I thought it was the state in the US, but I mite be wrong.
  • edited May 2010
    The concept art looks great, I just hope it's not the voice actors doing horrible American impressions of Brittish people.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    "CA" is just short for "concept art"
  • edited May 2010
    The concept art looks great, I just hope it's not the voice actors doing horrible American impressions of Brittish people.

I was thinking that!

(Not really because I could get they are doing horrible impressions, it's just I will not understand a word until the very end of the episode...)

By the way, It's just me, or "Max" from the screenshot do not have the hat?
  • edited May 2010

But that would be the best part!!! (But I am an American who loves crappy impressions!)
  • edited May 2010
    I was thinking that!

(Not really because I could get they are doing horrible impressions, it's just I will not understand a word until the very end of the episode...)

Maybe they got rid of it in the final product, or only decided to add it in recently, or maybe you have to go through the museum, picking up whatever clothing you feel like wearing. So you might go through the game with Max still nude, or with his adorable little suit on.
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe they got rid of it in the final product, or only decided to add it in recently, or maybe you have to go through the museum, picking up whatever clothing you feel like wearing. So you might go through the game with Max still nude, or with his adorable little suit on.

We wont really know until we play the game. I hope he still has his hat, I like that hat!
  • edited May 2010

I'm pretty sure it's the final product. OR that's a suit with mummy wrapping over it, but I hope the hat will still be in the game; in the end.
  • edited May 2010
    i hope its in the whole game.

i wonder if we get to dress them up in future episodes?
  • edited May 2010

Wait, where was hatless Max in that screenshot that was posted? I just see Sam and the Idol-thing. Or is there another screenshot I'm missing?

EDIT: Nevermind.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.