The Tomb of Sammun-Mak [Speculation Thread!]

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Eh, I didn't realise it was that big... linkified.
  • edited April 2010
    Sam & max ancesters or something and we are going to EGYPT! is my guess ^^
  • edited April 2010
    Fingers crossed for alternate dimensions and a museum level. Those are always the best.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't think someone should ask that on an official forum.

Why not? Seeing as I haven't done it yet, this seems to be a logical step in acquiring permission.
  • edited April 2010
    Why not? Seeing as I haven't done it yet, this seems to be a logical step in acquiring permission.

I think is a polite way to say "No".

Or at least is how I read it.
  • edited April 2010
    i read it as some kind of a warning
  • edited April 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Egyptians, just like every other sensible human beeing, are more into cats.

There actually was a god with the head of a hare: Unut.
    Of course, cats were more common. But that doesn't matter for Sam & Max.
  • edited April 2010
    Oh my lord Andy Hartzell is doing this one. I freaking love Andy Hartzell. Fox Bunny Funny was the best thing ever.

I wonder if the little hole in the basement leads to the museum.
  • edited April 2010
    Actually you are probably right... they probably knocked a hole into a previously unmentioned attached building that happens to be a museum and those skeletons are just part of a simple exhibit.
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I speculate that The Tomb of Sammun-Mak is gonna be friggin' awesome!

If only I can convince them to let me play the rest of it now. Act 1 isn't enough, guys.
  • edited April 2010
    Gee, this is starting to remind me of something.
    http://mypastspeaks.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/night_at_the_museum_2_poster.jpg
    Hmm? Anyone else?
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »
    I speculate that The Tomb of Sammun-Mak is gonna be friggin' awesome!

If only I can convince them to let me play the rest of it now. Act 1 isn't enough, guys.

Was act 1 like tottaly awesome??? ;)
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Not the only one, but that was officially... jossed. I mean, it's not about Mack Salmon. That is already confirmed.

Well I guess I've got a long wait until I get to see Mack Salmon again:(.
  • PsyPsy
    edited April 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    Was act 1 like tottaly awesome??? ;)
    According to top researchers, Act 1 meets all the qualification for being considered, "Totally Rad."
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    According to top researchers, Act 1 meets all the qualification for being considered, "Totally Rad."

Great!! :p
  • edited April 2010
    i wonder if anyone at telltale can give me a difinitive answer about my posters question (see above)
  • Really?? Jake's answer was pretty definitive. Don't ask here = No.
  • edited April 2010
    The best thing I guess you can do is move to China and print there everything you want. Because in China (And other Asians Countries) the Copyright do not exist: It's an European and American thing only.
  • bai_ganyobai_ganyo Banned
    edited April 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    The egyptians did have a thing for dogs, didn't they? Anubis was the dog headed god of death. Never heard anything about rabbits, though.

maybe somebody allready wrote this. Egyptians had a thing for cats and anubis is a jackal.
  • edited April 2010
    Do you remember when Max uses the Future Vision on Sam and sees sam saying something like: I will find the guy who killed my little buddy. I think 302 has something to do with that.
  • edited April 2010
    Sounds more like food for 303 (They stole Max's brain!)
  • edited April 2010
    In 301, I noticed a possible link between the journey through Max's mind, the skeletons and the end, and something Momma Bosco said about Max's head catching fire and exploding. Will this mystery be resolved in 302? And while I'm at it, When will we find out what Momma's power core was doing in the sewer?
  • edited April 2010
    Do you remember when Max uses the Future Vision on Sam and sees sam saying something like: I will find the guy who killed my little buddy. I think 302 has something to do with that.
    When did you find THAT?
  • edited April 2010
    When did you find THAT?

It comes up if you use Future Vision on Sam while in Skun-ka'pe's ship (whether it works before and/or after you revive the Brain, I'm not sure).
  • edited April 2010
    Youtube will be great because all I remember is Sam (through Max's POV) going "What's wrong with you Max? Max? ...Little Buddy?" if you use the future vision before facing off against Skunkape.
  • edited April 2010
    I bet the "Tomb of Sammun-Mak" will involve a dead body, and a virulent disease that turns people's heads into fishbowls, but not popcorn.
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    More Toys of Power will be involved in the 2nd episode. Also, the Future Vision won't have such an important job. Interesting :P
  • edited April 2010
    If you use future vision on Sam in the spaceship after reviving the brain, you get Sam saying "I'm not gonna rest until I find the guy who killed my partner."

If you use future vision on Sam outside BoscoTech after getting rid of the guards, you get Sam saying something like "No, Max! Stop! Heel!".

I also remember Sam saying that he hates to do this but it's for the good of the city, and pointing his gun, and another where he says something like "No, Max! Not the Chrysler Building!", but I can't remember the exact lines or how to trigger them.

It looks like Max is going to lose his mind and go on a rampage at some point. And maybe grow himself really tall. Sam seemed to be looking up in a lot of those visions.
  • edited April 2010
    The 'not the Chrysler Building!' line is triggered when you use the future vision on Sam at Meesta Pizza before or after you get the card from the pigeon.
  • edited April 2010
    or maybe that line was just meant to be a one off gag. but I sure hope not!
  • edited April 2010
    Really?? Jake's answer was pretty definitive. Don't ask here = No.

Damn
  • edited April 2010
    The 'not the Chrysler Building!' line is triggered when you use the future vision on Sam at Meesta Pizza before or after you get the card from the pigeon.
    Eeeeeeh... it's the first (of 3) of the vision you get when using FV on Sam on Straight and Narrow (AKA "The Street").
  • edited April 2010
    Sounds more like food for 303 (They stole Max's brain!)

in that episode i predict that they will steal max's brain.

what?
  • edited April 2010
    My guess is Max will go on a rampage when he turns into a giant lagomorph (in the villains photo you can see Max's huge legs on the right). That's why Sam says "No, Max! Stop! Heel!" in Future Vision. But this is probably going to happen in 303.
  • edited April 2010
    When does a speculation thread become a spoiler thread? I don't mind speculating, but I'd rather not be confronted with actual facts about what's to come.
  • edited April 2010
    Ehm, where are the "facts" in this thread? (well, except stuff we see in 301 and speculate the meaning of...)
  • edited April 2010
    Just a general question, although concept art of the future episodes comes pretty close.
  • edited April 2010
    To speculate what's going to happen in 302, we need to say the facts from 301 about wich we are speculating.
  • edited April 2010
    Okay.

One of my guesses would be, Skunkape didn't get trapped in a Penal-Zonish dimension, but got sucked into a wormhole to the past, where he faces the ancestors of Sam & Max.

Then again, since time travel was already featured in the previous season, I'd rather see something else happen.
  • edited April 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    My guess is Max will go on a rampage when he turns into a giant lagomorph (in the villains photo you can see Max's huge legs on the right). That's why Sam says "No, Max! Stop! Heel!" in Future Vision. But this is probably going to happen in 303.

My guess is it's gonna be in 305.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.