The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Oh! Name him Gladius so he's automatically typecast into the role of hero! It's perfect! Then again, 'gladius' was a type of shortsword. I'm not sure of the proper title one would give to a gladiator.

Also, the never was more a choice thing. Given my propensity towards utter madness, my lack of organisational skills and the deteriorating state of society and the world, I don't think my helping to bring a child into this world could be good in any way, shape, form or fashion.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh! Name him Gladius so he's automatically typecast into the role of hero! It's perfect! Then again, 'gladius' was a type of shortsword. I'm not sure of the proper title one would give to a gladiator.

Also, the never was more a choice thing. Given my propensity towards utter madness, my lack of organisational skills and the deteriorating state of society and the world, I don't think my helping to bring a child into this world could be good in any way, shape, form or fashion.

Gladius is taken now:D, hmm that means that the father has to come from Italy then?
    Anyway I think your child would love you either way, mad or not;).
    But it good to think over it for a long time.
  • edited December 2010
    Jessica wrote: »
    Gladius is taken now:D, hmm that means that the father has to come from Italy then?
    Anyway I think your child would love you either way, mad or not;).
    But it good to think over it for a long time.

Italy... Italy or ancient Rome, provided you've got ready access to a flux capacitor and a wilful disregard for temporal continuity.

Furthermore, it's not an issue of love; it's an issue of bringing yet another child into a doomed world that is already overpopulated. In any case, if I did have a child, I would likely adopt. Why have another child when there are so many without loving parents?

I agree, however, about thinking it over. Proper planning is always the best course of action.

Dammit! I'm dangerously close to sounding like a decent person again!
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    I wanna name my kid Rowsdower.

That's a weird name. Guybrush, on the other hand, is a different story.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh baby, Rowsdower saves us and saves all the world. He comes to save the day in a broken truck. With stinky denim jacket on his back.
  • edited December 2010
    Now I want to name a child Guybrush. However, when I get the opportunity, the mother would never let me.
  • edited December 2010
    Italy... Italy or ancient Rome, provided you've got ready access to a flux capacitor and a wilful disregard for temporal continuity.

Furthermore, it's not an issue of love; it's an issue of bringing yet another child into a doomed world that is already overpopulated. In any case, if I did have a child, I would likely adopt. Why have another child when there are so many without loving parents?

I agree, however, about thinking it over. Proper planning is always the best course of action.

Dammit! I'm dangerously close to sounding like a decent person again!

O my I have to do some seriously work after an Romish guy in that case.
    No just kidding, but Italy is a fantastic country with a amazing historia.
    It´s really true that there are a lot of children who needs good parents.

BTW I think you are a decent person, you must be, you´re friend with me:D
  • edited December 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Now I want to name a child Guybrush. However, when I get the opportunity, the mother would never let me.

Maybe Brushguy will work better?:D
  • edited December 2010
    If I were to ever get a daughter, I'd either love to name her Elaine or Morgan. Both pretty normal names anyway, so it wouldn't really matter.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey drew carey is starting a new inprov show exactly with whose line and COLIN AND RYAN ARE BACK

That made my day.
  • edited December 2010
    If I had kids id call one Superman and If I have a boy Id call him God
  • edited December 2010
    I have decided that if by some freak of nature I ever end up having kids and they're twins, I shall name them Luke and Leia. It would just have to be done.

BTW I think you are a decent person, you must be, you´re friend with me:D
    Eh, fair enough. I shall grudgingly accept the title of 'decent person' at the risk of damaging my villain cred.
  • edited December 2010
    Just looking forward to selling my imac so I can build a proper PC that is compatible with all my games! (No idea why I went from an awesome pc to an imac, and back to a custom built pc, but hey it's a lesson learnt)
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Hey drew carey is starting a new inprov show exactly with whose line and COLIN AND RYAN ARE BACK

That made my day.
    I know, right. I've known aabout this for like two weeks. I had to tell one of my friend who is a MAJOR whose line fan about it.
    Eh, fair enough. I shall grudgingly accept the title of 'decent person' at the risk of damaging my villain cred.
    You lost Villain cred as soon as you stopped being Andrew Ryan. I seriously think you are more awesome this way.
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Just looking forward to selling my imac so I can build a proper PC that is compatible with all my games! (No idea why I went from an awesome pc to an imac, and back to a custom built pc, but hey it's a lesson learnt)
    Same here, I love my mac. I'm still going to use it for design stuff, But for gaming I'm going for a custom PC.
  • edited December 2010
    I have decided that if by some freak of nature I ever end up having kids and they're twins, I shall name them Luke and Leia. It would just have to be done.

Why not;)

underneath the surface...
  • edited December 2010

You lost Villain cred as soon as you stopped being Andrew Ryan. I seriously think you are more awesome this way.

Sure, I may be more awesome this way but... um... I really can't think of a downside. I mean, I guess it's nice to not complain about the fact that nothing is Art Deco anymore (even though Art Deco is, objectively speaking, the greatest art style ever) and it's great not whining about the Parasite, but at what cost, my dear Remolay? At what cost?
    Why not;)
    It really is the best idea ever. I shall have to marry a Star Wars nerd.
    underneath the surface...
    Underneath the surface? Like underwater? Like... Rapture!?
  • edited December 2010
    With all due respect, if you start with that Rapture/underwater shit again I'm going to come to Georgia and drown you in seawater.
  • edited December 2010
    Note to self: Start acting like a villain from a video game.
  • edited December 2010
    With all due respect, if you start with that Rapture/underwater shit again I'm going to come to Georgia and drown you in seawater.

I laughed so hard that I nearly choked. No, I shall never start that again. Too much work - too much memorization.
  • edited December 2010

hahaha suddenly I got a picture how Secret Fawful tries to drench poor Comrade Pants:D
  • edited December 2010

It really is the best idea ever. I shall have to marry a Star Wars nerd.

Good Luck, I´ll be voting for you.
  • edited December 2010
    hahaha suddenly I got a picture how Secret Fawful tries to drench poor Comrade Pants:D
    While it would be horrible and I doubt I'd survive, it would probably be hilarious.
    Good Luck, I´ll be voting for you.
    Marrying Star Wars nerdettes is an election now? Wait! Stop everything! I just got the best reality show idea ever! "Who Wants To Marry A Star Wars Nerd?" :D
  • edited December 2010
    While it would be horrible and I doubt I'd survive, it would probably be hilarious.

As my plastic surgeon always used to say, if you gotta go, go with a smile.
  • edited December 2010

Well, that's certainly some sound advice. Advice I would never want to hear from a guy with anaesthesia and sharp surgical instruments, but sound advice none the less.
  • edited December 2010

Marrying Star Wars nerdettes is an election now? Wait! Stop everything! I just got the best reality show idea ever! "Who Wants To Marry A Star Wars Nerd?" :D

That show is our only hope.
  • edited December 2010

We could have Carrie Fisher host and she could say to the panel of contestants: "This show can help you, it's your only hope." The plan is coming together.
  • edited December 2010
    The Jedi Order would very much disapprove of this show.
  • edited December 2010
    I know, right. I've known aabout this for like two weeks. I had to tell one of my friend who is a MAJOR whose line fan about it.

Same here, I love my mac. I'm still going to use it for design stuff, But for gaming I'm going for a custom PC.

Yeah, mac os x is a LOT nicer to look at than windows, and seems to boot faster, and be ready to use a lot quicker than any windows pc I've ever used (the minute the dock appears, apps load pretty much instantly, with windows I've always had to wait around a while for the app to launch!)
    But for games, they are usuless, Sam & Max Season 3 ran dreadfully slow for me on my imac :(
  • edited December 2010

hahaha you´ve undoubtly made my day by this!!:D:D
  • edited December 2010
    We could have Carrie Fisher host and she could say to the panel of contestants: "This show can help you, it's your only hope." The plan is coming together.

Until the woman the contestants are supposed to compete for shows up, and it turns out she's worn a wookie costume since she was seventeen, and refuses to take it off or shower or speak any words other than "GRARRRRBLURGH" and "HRGURAAAALLLGH".
  • edited December 2010
    hahaha you´ve undoubtly made my day by this!!:D:D

Glad I could help! :D
    Until the woman the contestants are supposed to compete for shows up, and it turns out she's worn a wookie costume since she was seventeen, and refuses to take it off or shower or speak any words other than "GRARRRRBLURGH" and "HRGURAAAALLLGH".

God dammit, Secret Fawful.
  • edited December 2010

*Puts up hands in the air* for being the host on the show!:p
  • edited December 2010
    OH GOD I CAN'T BEAR IT!

WHY OH WHY DID FREAKAZOID, EARTHWORM JIM, REN AND STIMPY, AND SAM AND MAX HAD TO GET CANCELLED!!

(Note: this is not an actual question, just a mad outburst of depression.
    Continue with your lives, good citizens! :D)
  • edited December 2010

Ah, plastic surgery... The meaning of life!
  • edited December 2010
    OH GOD I CAN'T BEAR IT!

WHY OH WHY DID FREAKAZOID, EARTHWORM JIM, REN AND STIMPY, AND SAM AND MAX HAD TO GET CANCELLED!!

Sam and Max wasn't cancelled. It just wasn't renewed,
    I thought Freakazoid ended.
    Earthworm Jim I'm miffed about too.
    And Ren and Stimpy was too dirty for children's television.
  • edited December 2010
    OH GOD I CAN'T BEAR IT!

If they continued, they would have gotten awful.. just like Voyager. It's why I'm sort of glad Firefly and Outlaw Star were never continued. They would have gone on until they were ruined, thus spoiling our opinions of the shows.
  • edited December 2010
    Sam and Max wasn't cancelled. It just wasn't renewed,
    I thought Freakazoid ended.
    Earthworm Jim I'm miffed about too.
    And Ren and Stimpy was too dirty for children's television.

Ren and Stimpy was rebooted for adults, but failed miserably.

But my simple fragile mind can only categorize them in the cancelled section.
    Anyway back to the screaming:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *breathes deeply* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Okay I'm done. :D
  • edited December 2010
    Police Squad was cancelled, but the creators had already run out of ideas.
  • edited December 2010
    OH GOD I CAN'T BARE IT!

I'd most certainly hope you can't bare it. There could be children on this board.
  • edited December 2010
    i'd most certainly hope you can't bare it. There could be children on this board.

oh i like the funny joke about the nudity and the typos and the little kiddies!
This discussion has been closed.