The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Congrats! And yeah, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to carry your ID with you at all times in France too, although I've never personally been asked for it by the police (although I have friends who have. I probably don't look foreign enough for them to feel the need to check I was legally in the country).

Me neither, but just in case I carry my ID, my Driver Licence and my Blood Type ID from the Chilean Red Cross. And I think my Organ Donor ID, while is just symbolic because the family still have the last word.
  • edited December 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Fun fact about the "cold indicators", they're not female exclusive.

But that only applies to cold. I don't know about you, but my nipples certainly don't get hard when I'm turned on. Also, THAT CONVERSATION WAS OVER, DAMMIT. T^T
  • edited December 2010
    But that only applies to cold. I don't know about you, but my nipples certainly don't get hard when I'm turned on. Also, THAT CONVERSATION WAS OVER, DAMMIT. T^T

Sorry! I don't spend as much time on the forums these days, so I had to catch up!
    I'm pretty sure male nipples can get erect for that other reason. I'm not sure if they do so less than females', but at any rate their nipples are less... er... displayed than mine so I assume it would be less obvious.

Okay, speaking about something else then. Periods! Period cramps can feel in your stomach the same way diarrhea does, and medication that works for one works for the other, so I think I see why someone would describe it that way to a male, as that might be the closest thing they've experienced. However, it's certainly not a constant feeling. If might be for some women I guess, but not in my experience.
    If I had to compare it to something, I would compare it to working your abs too much and being hurt the next day. Not sore, actually hurt, like you damaged your muscles and shouldn't work then out for a few days. Every time that has happened to me, I assume I was starting my period and kept working out until I realised my mistake. Oops.

I think the main thing I'm glad to be a woman for is that I'll never have a kid without knowing, nobody can have a kid with me "accidentally", and in a case of pregnancy I get the last say. I would freak out so much about having sex at all if I was male. There are so many women who pretend to be on the pill because they want a kid, then don't let the father take any part in raising the kid but still demand money. That would just be my worst fear if I was a guy.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay, improv story time.

Once upon a time there was a rabbit, who lived in a grassy meadow. Suddenly, a cow came by.

"What are you doing here," asked the cow to the rabbit.
    "I'm hunting carrots," the rabbit said.
    "But little rabbit," the cow said, "there are no carrots here, no, they are there, at the big farm."
    "But how do I get there," the rabbit asked.
    "Just follow the road to the farm," the cow said. "But beware, the road is dangerous if you stray off it, so stay on the road at all times!"

And so the rabbit went to the road, but on his way, he saw a hare. The hare was also looking for carrots, but he didn't want them to eat them himself, but rather, he wanted them so that he could trade it for lots of valuable stuff.

"Where are you going," the hare asked to the rabbit.
    "I'm hunting carrots," the rabbit said.
    "Well, I can help you," the hare said. "Two can carry more than one."
    The rabbit agreed, and they both followed the road.

After a while, the rabbit and the hare came across a bridge. The bridge went over a small creek. The rabbit wanted to go over the bridge, but the hare saw something, just in the water. It was something shiny.

"Hey rabbit," the hare said, "I think I see something."
    "But hare," the rabbit said, "you can't get off the road."

But the hare wouldn't listen. He went to get the shiny thing, but all he found was a shiny little stone. It was just a regular stone, like all others. Just as the hare wanted to go back, however, he slipped, and fell in the creek.

"Help!" the hare screamed. "Help! I can't swim!"

The rabbit didn't know what to do. He couldn't get off the road. However, luckily he could find a branch just near the road. He picked it up and held the branch in the water. He then pulled hare back on shore.

"I hope you learned your lesson," the rabbit said.

A while later they went past a patch of sunflowers. Rabbit wanted to continue, but the hare wanted to take some sunflowers.

"Hey rabbit," the hare said, "I want to take some sunflowers."
    "But hare," the rabbit said, "you can't get off the road."

But the hare wouldn't listen. He went in the sunflower patch, and started shaking the sunflowers. However, sunflowers are quite heavy for small creatures, so when a sunflower broke off, the hare got trapped underneath.

"Help!" the hare screamed. "Help! I can't get out!"

The rabbit didn't know what to do. He couldn't get off the road to get the sunflower off him. Luckily however, he found a plowshare, just next to the road. Even though the plowshare was heavy, he was able to cut parts of the sunflower, so that it wouldn't be as heavy anymore for the hare.

"I hope you learned your lesson," the rabbit said.

They were almost there, when the rabbit heard something from behind. He then saw a horse with a cart, running towards them. It didn't look like the horse would ever stop, even for them.

"Get off the road," the rabbit said.
    "I'm not getting off the road," the hare said, "I don't want to fall in another creek."
    "Get off the road," the rabbit said again.
    "I'm not getting off the road," the hare said, "I don't want to get stuck under a sunflower."
    "Get off the road," the rabbit said for the last time, before running off the road.

But the hare still wouldn't listen. Unfortunately for him, the horse wouldn't stop for him either. So while the rabbit could continue his journey to the carrot patch, the hare could not.

The end.

And yes, this was entirely improvised.

EDIT: I also hope for it to become a legit fairy tale, so if you would want, spread the word. The world needs new fairy tales.
  • edited December 2010
    So the moral of the story is that hares are idiots?
  • edited December 2010

I lured one straight into my cooking pot so yes they are.
  • edited December 2010
    I think you're looking for omnilingualism. I want that one. I also want portal creation/a pocket dimension.

Count me in on that one.

When I find a magical genie lamp and ask for only superpowers that I want but make sure to add "With no negative effects".
  • edited December 2010

That, and don't do stuff you are told not to do unless it's really necessary.
  • edited December 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    That, and don't do stuff you are told not to do unless it's really necessary.

It's a bit like The Boy Who Cried Wolf I thought
  • edited December 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    It's a bit like The Boy Who Cried Wolf I thought

Yeah, but in this case the hare was just a freaking idiot.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh come on! What is it with Poker Night liking to erase all my save data? That's the second time now, and I had finally gotten all of the items >__<
  • edited December 2010
    @GaryCXJk

What's really funny is that I've just been reading Watership Down... and I'm right at the point where they meet a hare. Coincidence?

:D
  • edited December 2010
    @GaryCXJk

What's really funny is that I've just been reading Watership Down... and I'm right at the point where they meet a hare. Coincidence?

:D
    "Rabbits need dignity and above all the will to accept their fate."
    28c146a.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    My boyfriend is sexy-awesome!
  • edited December 2010
    Below -- a picture of my ideal man:

308ziow.png
  • edited December 2010
    My boyfriend is sexy-awesome!

I'm sure that's what my girlfriend would say about me if I had one...*sigh*
  • edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

My friend, at the risk of sounding like a good person; I tell you that nothing is out of your reach. The whole "leagues" things is bollocks. Simply try harder. If a guy like me can have attractive girlfriends (it's totally happened, I swear) then anyone can. Try hard and you shall succeed.

I think I should stop being encouraging for awhile. What if people stop thinking I'm awful?
  • edited December 2010
    Heeeeeeeeelllllloooooooo everyone:D
    What´s up?
    I have a motto: Everyone here is crazy.

I like your motto!
  • edited December 2010
    Up? It's an ordinal direction used to establish one's position in 3D Space, relative to a fixed point.
  • edited December 2010
    My friend, at the risk of sounding like a good person; I tell you that nothing is out of your reach. The whole "leagues" things is bollocks. Simply try harder. If a guy like me can have attractive girlfriends (it's totally happened, I swear) then anyone can. Try hard and you shall succeed.

Thanks, though that has nothing to do with my situation honestly, I just haven't found anyone special XD

Also, oh man, the Season 1 DVDs are backordered now too? I hope that's solved by the time the Season 3 DVDs FINALLY come out =(
  • edited December 2010

I think the main thing I'm glad to be a woman for is that I'll never have a kid without knowing, nobody can have a kid with me "accidentally", and in a case of pregnancy I get the last say. I would freak out so much about having sex at all if I was male. There are so many women who pretend to be on the pill because they want a kid, then don't let the father take any part in raising the kid but still demand money. That would just be my worst fear if I was a guy.

I'd rather be a guy to avoid going through a pregnancy.
    Do not even know if I would like to have children, think pregnant bellies are scary to watch.
    Then to give birth, bleah
  • edited December 2010
    Up? It's an ordinal direction used to establish one's position in 3D Space, relative to a fixed point.

Well I know more things that can be up:p
  • edited December 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

Go out and get one?
    The whole world is full of man;)
  • edited December 2010
    Jessica wrote: »
    Well I know more things that can be up:p

That could be taken rather, um... euphemistically.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Do not even know if I would like to have children, think pregnant bellies are scary to watch.

The moment when the belly button pops out is hilarious. :D :D
  • edited December 2010
    Started to plan a childs play charity event, at my local lan place.
  • edited December 2010
    That could be taken rather, um... euphemistically.

Could be taken and be touched:p
  • edited December 2010
    The moment when the belly button pops out is hilarious. :D :D

:eek::eek:
  • edited December 2010
    So...I'm of mixed feelings at the moment.

Allow me to go back a bit. My sister has this friend who I have a crush on. A year or so ago, my sister told me out of the blue that her friend used to have a crush on me, and to twist the knife, she said that she would've been okay with it if we'd gone out. A few months after that, her friend called over here excitedly and announced on speakerphone that her boyfriend had proposed. Not only was I disappointed, but I was surprised because they hadn't been together all that long.

Well, she just came over unannounced and told my mom and sister than he broke up with her and she doesn't even know why. I can't help but be slightly happy that I just might have a chance with her now, but mostly it just hurts to hear her bawling her eyes out.

The worst part is that I saw it coming when her boyfriend proposed to her right before entering the Navy.

So...yeah, mostly feeling awful right now because the girl I like is upstairs and more miserable than I've ever seen her.

Also feeling a bit like a dick because the first thing I do is tell the damn internet about it.
  • edited December 2010
    So...I'm of mixed feelings at the moment.

Allow me to go back a bit. My sister has this friend who I have a crush on. A year or so ago, my sister told me out of the blue that her friend used to have a crush on me, and to twist the knife, she said that she would've been okay with it if we'd gone out. A few months after that, her friend called over here excitedly and announced on speakerphone that her boyfriend had proposed. Not only was I disappointed, but I was surprised because they hadn't been together all that long.

Well, she just came over unannounced and told my mom and sister than he broke up with her and she doesn't even know why. I can't help but be slightly happy that I just might have a chance with her now, but mostly it just hurts to hear her bawling her eyes out.

The worst part is that I saw it coming when her boyfriend proposed to her right before entering the Navy.

So...yeah, mostly feeling awful right now because the girl I like is upstairs and more miserable than I've ever seen her.

Also feeling a bit like a dick because the first thing I do is tell the damn internet about it.

Well then. I think you know what to do.
  • edited December 2010
    Could be taken and be touched:p

You are absolutely trying your utmost to be an awful person. This is commendable.
  • edited December 2010

I'm sorry, I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone with a spine.

I think I'll make her a cheesecake soon. The girl literally has freaking dreams about my cheesecake. I should find out if she likes pumpkin.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sorry, I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone with a spine.
    It's true. The guy can't even 100% Kingdom Hearts because the last 6% of the game is scary.
  • edited December 2010
    What's the difference between casual games and non-casual games? I know what they're like, but what defines a casual game?
  • edited December 2010
    You are absolutely trying your utmost to be an awful person. This is commendable.

I´m a awful person!
    Wanna be my my friend? Pantsie:D
  • edited December 2010
    And...I just had to drive her home. That was uncomfortable.

I'm going to bed. I've got 7 hours until my best friend comes over. I have a little bit of a crush on her too (not nearly as much as my sister's friend), but I'm so far in the friend zone she practically thinks of me as a brother. Ain't life grand?
    It's true. The guy can't even 100% Kingdom Hearts because the last 6% of the game is scary.

Dashing, fuck off.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey, does anybody know what a sweet potato even is? Is it a vegetable? Is it a fruit? I mean, who knows, right? I don't know.

I bet nobody knows.

Oh, sweet potatoes. You are a delicious mystery.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd rather be a guy to avoid going through a pregnancy.
    Then to give birth, bleah

You don't have to be pregnant if you don't want to. Being a woman, you've got more options for birth control, you can use several at once, then there is abortion at worst. And if you do want children, lots of them need to be adopted!

I kind of know what you mean, the idea of being pregnant without wanting too is kinda scary, but at least I feel like I have much more control over it than I would if I were a guy.
  • edited December 2010

Ansem's heartless monster ship thing was scary as hell.
  • edited December 2010
    You don't have to be pregnant if you don't want to. Being a woman, you've got more options for birth control, you can use several at once, then there is abortion at worst. And if you do want children, lots of them need to be adopted!

I kind of know what you mean, the idea of being pregnant without wanting too is kinda scary, but at least I feel like I have much more control over it than I would if I were a guy.

That´s true, there´s lot of options today.
    I don´t like the pressure of that you should get kids just because you are in a certain age or had been together with someone for a long time.
    And it surprises me that in some cases it is the guy who wants children.
    I mean shouldn´t men suppose to run away from that stuff?
This discussion has been closed.