The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Okay, so according to Poker Night at the Inventory, "poker is played for money, goods and services".

May I ask, what kind of services are we talking about?

Goldfish, Experience points, video games, and house painting.
  • edited December 2010
    ...And now I know I'm a nerd for automatically thinking of iron. It's not like I've memorized the periodic table or anything... >.>

If somebody hadn't got that I would have lost faith in the internet.

In other news, I'm so happy that Facebook has finally rewarded my loyalty through all of these unwanted asinine dungheap changes with a semblance of free will by letting me choose whether or not I want to switch to the new profile setup. I feel like someone who has been sat on repeatedly by a horse with a dung-crusted rear, every day, only for the horse to finally ask me one day if I still want him to sit his dirty behind on me or not.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay, so according to Poker Night at the Inventory, "poker is played for money, goods and services".

May I ask, what kind of services are we talking about?

...taking care of a crazy cousin.
  • edited December 2010
    Whats on my mind:

Are Telltale freaking insane? Have they lost the plot? Are they trying to drum up money to pay the guys and gals wages? Are they secretly trying to stave off bankruptcy?

There has to be a reason beyond being nice to us for the incredible yet insane deals in the 30 days of Xmas and with the Pre-order deals with BTTF.

Me suspicious and cynical? Nah ....
  • edited December 2010
    TTG plans on conquering the world with these awesome deals, everything bought during these sales actually has a mind control device that they will use to make you do their evil bidding...and buy more of their products.
  • edited December 2010
    Will Superman 64 ever be relesed on VC?
  • edited December 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    Will Superman 64 ever be relesed on VC?

Prognosis: doubtful. The few nerds who actually want to play it for the trainwreck value likely already have N64 carts or have used the dark wizardry of emulation to play it.
  • edited December 2010
    Prognosis: doubtful. The few nerds who actually want to play it for the trainwreck value likely already have N64 carts or have used the dark wizardry of emulation to play it.

Iv only seen videos of it and have no intention of paying for it. I love how it seems to be sooo bad it looks like a joke. The ring flying parts might be easyer with the wii stick.
  • edited December 2010

I tried to forget that game existed...thanks now I'll have nightmares, of horrible controls, and blocky graphics.
  • edited December 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I tried to forget that game existed...thanks now I'll have nightmares, of horrible controls, and blocky graphics.

And story with no sense. Srsly why was Superman arresting people and stopping bombs going off IN A VIRTUAL WORLD!!!
  • edited December 2010
    I played the game as a child, back before I was on the internet or heard reviews. And I can never get those hours back.
  • edited December 2010
    Iv found the best pokemon!
  • edited December 2010
    It's old news, but I just found out that the next Lego videogame will be Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. Given that the current pirate-themed Lego has vanished from their website, this implies to me that there will be a toyline to go with it.

...I'm so not going to have any money if there really is PotC-themed Lego. I know that there's already PotC Mega Bloks BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME.
  • edited December 2010
    is anyone watching the Corrination Street 50th Aniversery with the
    Tram crash
  • edited December 2010
    is anyone watching the Corrination Street 50th Aniversery with the
    Tram crash

Only a British soap opera could celebrate it's 50th anniversary by
    killing half the cast
    . I thought they kept that kind of
    hilariously over-the-top melodrama
    for the Christmas Day episode. Or is that just Eastenders?
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Something not Inception related: Ever had a dream, where you know it's a dream, and you try to wake up, but you can't despite your best efforts, and you actually open your eyes and see your room, but the rest of your body is still asleep, so you can't move? I had, and it sucks.

The stuff in my dream told me not to wake up before I could open my eyes.

It was weird.
  • edited December 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Only a British soap opera could celebrate it's 50th anniversary by
    killing half the cast
    . I thought they kept that kind of
    hilariously over-the-top melodrama
    for the Christmas Day episode. Or is that just Eastenders?

Eastenders is well more depressing, no doubt someone'll stick their head in the oven this year, or leave the gas on and blow up their flat and the nursery for wide-eyed baby orphans below it.
  • edited December 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Eastenders is well more depressing, no doubt someone'll stick their head in the oven this year, or leave the gas on and blow up their flat and the nursery for wide-eyed baby orphans below it.

Or Al Qaeda blows everyone up.
  • edited December 2010
    I remember when I watched TV in order to laugh.
  • edited December 2010
    I remember when I watched TV in order to laugh.

Then Corry and Eastenders is for you! with its bad acting and over the top storys.
  • edited December 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »

I liked the Bill Bailey lyrics for the Eastenders theme, which I can't seem to find on YouTube. "We are all going to die. We are going to die, in lots of different ways..." So true.

Soap operas should all be more like Sunset Beach. That was the best soap opera ever.
    Then Corry and Eastenders is for you! with its bad acting and over the top storys.

But what about Emmerdale, the soap which resorts to explosions when it doesn't have any better ideas of how to get rid of large chunks of the cast?
  • edited December 2010

But what about Emmerdale, the soap which resorts to explosions when it doesn't have any better ideas of how to get rid of large chunks of the cast?

Holly's addict acting is hilarious.
  • edited December 2010
    And then there's River City. Oh god. It wavers between being so bad it's hilarious and so bad it's terrible. At first I was like "WTF is this? This is terrible! This is worse than Hollyoaks!" but then I was like "LOL Bawbag blew up his granny! LOL"

But Hollyoaks is still terrible.
  • edited December 2010
    That exploson/crash was funny as hell.
  • edited December 2010
    That exploson/crash was funny as hell.

I'm not sure whether to be impressed or horrified that you know the one I'm referring to...
  • edited December 2010
    Chrono Trigger is awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm not sure whether to be impressed or horrified that you know the one I'm referring to...

dony worry I ment the corrination street one :P
  • edited December 2010
    5q7nD.gif
  • edited December 2010
    ...Dammit, Pants.

Here, I'll do you one better.

halolz-dot-com-pokemondiamondpearlplatinum-virginityback.gif
  • edited December 2010
    ...Dammit, Pants.

Here, I'll do you one better.

halolz-dot-com-pokemondiamondpearlplatinum-virginityback.gif

Virginity, once lost, can never be regained - despite what you were told at Bible Camp. Otherwise, a nice job. Anyone else want to contribute?
  • edited December 2010
    Here, have another.

halolz-dot-com-pokemon-heartgold-soulsilver-assholepowerplant.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Dark%20Helmet.jpg
    "I'm surrounded by Assholes!"
  • edited December 2010
    Somehow, I feel it would be best not to post this image.

These ones, however...

halolz-dot-com-pokemondiamondpearlplatinum-primetransformandrollout.jpg

halolz-dot-com-pokemondiamondpearlplatinum-myfart.jpg

pokemon-fuck.gif

Edit: Okay, last two, I swear.

mudkip-squad.jpg

wwjd.gif
  • edited December 2010
    Virginity, once lost, can never be regained - despite what you were told at Bible Camp.

I dunno, I swear mine's getting a second wind
  • edited December 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Why do most cartoons depict cats and dogs as mortal enemies?

I think it's due to the fact that cats and dogs have fundementally different body languages, which means there is often a lack of mutual understanding for cats who haven't been around dogs much or vice-versa.

Quick examples includes how cats generally wag their tails to mean "I'm annoyed, leave me alone" when dogs to it to mean "let's play!" or the fact that looking straight at a stranger is a friendly thing for a dog but a threat for a cat.

There are plenty of examples of cats and dogs getting along, from not minding each other to loving each other, but I would say the fact they're so opposed in their body language would explain why they're seen as antagonistic in most of the media.
  • edited December 2010
    Dark%20Helmet.jpg
    "I'm surrounded by Assholes!"

I........Love.........That...........Movie.
    Also he wasnt surrounded by assholes, he was surrounded by major assholes.
  • edited December 2010
    My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I........Love.........That...........Movie.
    Also he wasnt surrounded by assholes, he was surrounded by major assholes.

That's not the quote though. The full quote actually is:

"I knew it! I'm surrounded by Assholes!"
  • edited December 2010
    Why are people idiots?
  • edited December 2010
    I still hate VBscript, and now I have to do it again. No matter what, I am not going to fail this time...

Rewrite the whole thing in JavaScript. See if anyone notices.
This discussion has been closed.