The "whatever's on your mind" thread

edited June 2013 in Forum Games
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I've been wondering what the difference is between "a massive crush" and being in love.
  • edited May 2010
    Creepiness?
  • edited May 2010
    Creepiness?

So, reciprocity? :p

I asked Giant Tope on Messenger and we reached the conclusion that a crush is more physical/hormonal/irrational and being in love is more emotional/based on actually knowing the person. But if you have another definition that works too.

Sometimes when people say "oh, it was just a crush", it kinda sounds to me like they're saying "it didn't result in a relationship". But I don't think feelings are any less valid because nothing happens. So I don't really think the difference lies in reciprocity or feasibility or something.

Also I'm not sure if a crush is something that should be brushed off. Obviously it meant a lot to you at the time, how would it have felt seeing your future self dismissing your feelings like that?

As usual, I'm probably over-thinking it all.
  • edited May 2010
    I have been waking up with a desire of cookies already which i will now go hunting and as the weather is fine, i'm looking forward for some climbing today.
  • edited May 2010
    I think you and Tope pretty much have it down, although I think that some degree of reciprocity is necessary for you to get close enough to the person to fall in love, at least on a friendship level, though I'm also sure that there are cases that are exceptions.

Something else going through my mind: How the hell did I pull this off?

2010-05-22_030306.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Something going though my mind: I should replay the N64 Zelda games. Actually I think I never even finished Majora's mask.
  • edited May 2010
    I just pushed my friend through Majora's Mask. He's the one who started the whole game catalog/completion list thing with my friends, and it was on his list, so I motivated him to finish it and basically played human walkthrough.

I need to finish the Zelda series period. I've beaten every game at least twice (usually much more) except two of them: I've only finished Four Swords once (since I only have one friend who also has it, and I don't see him often), and I've never beaten Zelda II on the NES.

Something else going through my mind: a massive headache because I didn't get enough sleep last night or drink enough water today.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm thinking I miss France, or rather my friends in France. And that it would be really cool if my apartment's door could open as any door I wanted, so I could have any neighbourhood I'm in the mood for any time I go out.
  • edited May 2010
    I have a similar sort of thought all the time, except with me it's pocket dimensions. I think it'd be awesome to have the ability to open a portal to a pocket dimension. There's the most obvious application of actually opening a portal in the pocket of your pants for infinitely deep pockets, or in a doorway for infinite closet space. Or, if it worked a certain way, you could even open one entrance to it somewhere and another entrance to it somewhere else and effectively have teleportation powers.

Yes, I've wasted entirely too much thought on this.
  • edited May 2010
    Well I guess in my idea the whole apartment would be what's in the pocket dimension, in a way. Although my idea was fairly limited (but I like powers that have specific restrictions, they seem more interesting to me), in that the front door could be opened as any door that I actually knew was there.
    Doesn't mean I necessarily needed to have been there, I could also check google maps or something I guess.
    Also, the view from the windows could be a view from an actual window, but it did become that view, so if something was build in front or if people were being noisy in the street or something, I'd get the consequences. And it couldn't be the view from a place that wasn't a window.
    But people in the street if there was one couldn't see me unless I actually bent over and out of the window. Similarly, people couldn't see inside the apartment when I opened a door, they'd see what's actually on the other side of that door like I came out of it. And I couldn't open it if there was already someone in the doorway, too close to the door or if the door was open.

Opening absolutely any door, and not necessarily the same one I came through, could lead back into my apartment if I wanted to. Had to figure it out while opening the door, though. See, the way it went is that the people on the side that became my apartment would see the door as still closed, while the people on the other side would see it open and me getting inside, then closing the door behind me.
    I'd also have the option of going through a window if I wanted, I guess, never really thought about that. I guess I'd have to open the window myself, and then the view would change for anyone inside my apartment.

Mmh... That's pretty much all I can think of about it right now. Obviously I've given it a lot of thought, too :p
  • edited May 2010
    A new thought: Pop-Tarts are not a breathable substance.
  • edited May 2010

I really don't think that thought should be new. What on Earth led you to believe they were?
  • edited May 2010
    Okay, it's not new in general, but it's something I certainly wasn't thinking about five minutes ago before I started choking on one.
  • edited May 2010
    This talk of poptarts is making me hungry, so I'm going to get a mini pizza.

Another thought, not new either: I really think we'd benefit from having a chatroom somewhere. I mean in a way a lot of things would be lost while what we say right now can be read in a while. On the other hand, having a discussion on a forum isn't ideal. There is a lot of everyday stuff we end up not sharing I'm sure. We'd get to know each other better in a chatroom.
  • edited May 2010
    ^ Agreed. A chat would be great.
  • edited May 2010
    So this section of Ocarina of Time always goes like this for me: Beat the Water Temple > Get the Fire Arrows > Go to Kakariko for the Nocturne of Shadow. Since you have to get the Fire Arrows as the sun rises over Lake Hylia, it's always day when I see the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene. Well, this time I did something differently.

It's so much better at night.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Another thought, not new either: I really think we'd benefit from having a chatroom somewhere. I mean in a way a lot of things would be lost while what we say right now can be read in a while. On the other hand, having a discussion on a forum isn't ideal. There is a lot of everyday stuff we end up not sharing I'm sure. We'd get to know each other better in a chatroom.
    ShaggE wrote: »
    ^ Agreed. A chat would be great.

IRC is nice for that, we could try it out. Another forum I frequent has an unofficial IRC channel too, it really adds to the community.

I've set one up on CentralChat, to try it out. The channel is #telltale.
    If you don't have any experience with IRC and/or don't have an IRC client, you can click here for a web-based IRC client. Just enter a nickname (your forum nickname, preferably), and '#telltale' in the 'Channels' field, without the quotes.

This should be fun :)
  • edited May 2010
    I've been thinking about all the people who post freaking essays to this forum. I mean, how do they do it? As hard as I ever try, I can only ever accomplish a couple of lines! I mean, I reckon you could just say random stuff in the middle of one of those posts and as long as the beginning and end made sense half the people wouldn't even notice. Hell, you could just say "anyone who agrees with this is a complete moron" and if you had an extremely believable or convincing opening statement, people would just agree with you, and then you can laugh at them and just wait until they realise their mistake. Also, right now my brother's kicking a football around the house, but that has nothing to do with this post, but no doubt hardly anyone will read this far, further backing up the point I made that no one will read, further backing up that point, etc. Actually, now that's got me thinking about paradoxes. Let's see, Wikipedia defines a paradox as "a statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition." That's interesting. I think paradoxes need to be integrated into society much more than they are now, as I think right now they are a minority that has to compete with the likes of oxymorons, fourth wall breakages, and a picture of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV of a TV... Or would that be defined as a paradox? Anyone who agrees or quotes this post is an utter moron, by the way. So, that's it, there are my thoughts about people who post "essays" on this forum. I hope you enjoyed it, even though you probably didn't read the whole thing. I seriously hope someone agrees or quotes this so they look like an idiot, and i think i will leave you now with a little poem: essay, essay, on the forum, your shining light keeps me a war-um (warm, but it had to rhyme) by this way, I hope people don't think of this as spamming the thread with a massive post just for the hell of tit, I’ve actually had this entire thing on my mind for a few days now, and I’ve finally found a spot to express it, albeit in a very round-a-bout and nonsensical way. I wish I could fix up all the capital letters that I didn't make capital though. But you don't care, because you didn't read this, did you? Right? Right. And anyway, I did fix it, but no one will notice anyway! So, now I guess I’ll just say something to make this look completely legit to anyone (everyone) who skips from start to end. And that's why I’ve been thinking of essays on the forums, i mean, how do these people have the time to post these? With all the hustle and bustle in today's world, you'd think posts would just get shorter and shorter... Do you agree? Share your thoughts and maybe quote this, just to show everyone exactly how you feel.
  • edited May 2010
    Every once in a while when I'm on facebook I remember I made this thing. I think it's funny, and apparently so do about 4 other people
  • edited May 2010
    Although my idea was fairly limited (but I like powers that have specific restrictions, they seem more interesting to me), in that the front door could be opened as any door that I actually knew was there.
    Doesn't mean I necessarily needed to have been there, I could also check google maps or something I guess.

[...]

Opening absolutely any door, and not necessarily the same one I came through, could lead back into my apartment if I wanted to. Had to figure it out while opening the door, though.

Soooo ... what's on my mind right now is 'The Lost Room'.
  • edited May 2010
    I was wondering what the diffrence between caramel, toffee, and fudge is. As far as I'm aware, they're all the same thing.
  • edited May 2010
    the only difference I know is that fudge is chocolatey

At Mackinac island you can actually watch people making the fudge. I went there once with my grandmother.
  • edited May 2010
    Slept most of the day, so nothing hasn't had time to enter my mind, but now I am playing my Facebook games, and there sure is lot :p

But knowing me I am sure the thoughts of, why am I so much worse than other people will enter my mind, that is the curse of suffering from low-self esteem :p

But I know the mind dulling effect of games will take that away soon enough, hehe :D
  • edited May 2010
    I am about to go play Republic Commando. What's on my mind was that I'm having a whole lot more fun playing it than I thought I would.:D
  • edited May 2010
    I've been wondering if I should reactivate my World of Warcraft account, just to see what the game is like and to talk to the people I used to talk to.
  • edited May 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I was wondering what the diffrence between caramel, toffee, and fudge is. As far as I'm aware, they're all the same thing.

I think it's a matter of temperature and possibly ingredients. If I'm not mistaken caramel is either just sugar or sugar+butter, and can be super hard. Fudge and toffee have to be softer, and I think toffee is coffee flavoured and fudge is flavoured (chocolate, coffee, maple syrup) as well.
  • edited May 2010
    Should we make another post/sticky about Didero's chatroom mentioned earlier on in this thread? Right now it's just Avistew and me in here.
  • edited May 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    I've been wondering if I should reactivate my World of Suck-My-Life-Away-craft account, just to see what the game is like and to talk to the people I used to talk to.

Fix'd.
  • edited May 2010
    Brainiac wrote: »
    Should we make another post/sticky about Didero's chatroom mentioned earlier on in this thread? Right now it's just Avistew and me in here.

Yeah, it's a bit quiet. ShaggE used to be here but left. Maybe people are more likely to click a thread called "Telltale Chatroom - Come and join us!" than a "what's on your mind" one?
    You go right ahead and start the thread :p
  • edited May 2010
    I was just thinking about how easily a million random things go through my mind every second of the day. But when asked to post one, they all fly right out like birds through an open door.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm thinking that I've been woken up by a cat poking at my face, then licking my nose three days in a row now, while my other cat, who used to be the one waking me up, has been totally silent and staying away while I'm sleeping.
    I'm wondering if they take turns.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm wishing that I would stop pinching my hand while practicing with my butterfly knife trainer.
  • edited May 2010

I've made another discovery: not only is orange chicken not breathable, it is also very uncomfortable in your sinuses.

Oddly enough, this is not the first time I've managed to choke food into my sinuses. It's not even the second.
  • edited May 2010
    You've got to stop choking on stuff.

For the record, lemon juice squeezed in your eye hurts, and if you've been handling hot pepper, don't touch your eyes either.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm thinking that I've been woken up by a cat poking at my face, then licking my nose three days in a row now, while my other cat, who used to be the one waking me up, has been totally silent and staying away while I'm sleeping.
    I'm wondering if they take turns.

My cat wakes me up by jumping up and headbutting me, but this only happens about once or twice a week.
  • edited May 2010
    My cat wakes me up by jumping up and headbutting me, but this only happens about once or twice a week.

Haha my husband's cat as a teenager (my husband, not the cat) did that, until he told her "if you headbutt me one more time, I swear I'll headbutt you back" and she never did it again.
    I guess she could hear the tone of his voice or something.
  • edited May 2010
    nawwwww, i headbutt my cat all the time, softly though. like a forehead nuzzle, i guess...
  • edited May 2010
    I kiss her head, she kinda headbutt my mouth when I do. It's a sign of affection though.
  • edited May 2010
    My cat acts like a dog.
  • edited May 2010
    My cat acts like a dog.

It sticks out his tongue and it pants, fetches things, needs to be walked and bathed and can't purr?
This discussion has been closed.